29.03.2015 23:26

Advantages

• Different
      • Tasty

Disadvantages

• "Not Cheap"

Tasty Fruity Yoghurts

Every year after Christmas, I start the old fad diet or exercise regime with gusto. I have since realised that eating less and moving more is the best method to getting fitter and losing weight. That's not to say that all these diets haven't introduced me to some good things, one of which is these desert yoghurts from Weight Watchers. They are available in four packs and really are quite good.

The flavours in the pack are strawberry cheesecake, lemon tart, toffee apple tart and raspberry tart and they are all very nice. My favourite is the toffee apple which has nice refreshing chunks of real apple in it. in fact they all have chunks of fruit in them apart from the lemon which is hubby's favourite because it is nice and tangy.

The yoghurts each only have 60 calories in them which is fantastic if you are on a calorie controlled diet. They are nice and thick as well so they are filling which means the calories are even better. I use them to top a bowl of fresh fruit, which is lovely because they compliment a bowl of fruit nicely.

The yoghurts are priced at £1.59 for the four, which is actually quite expensive for yoghurts. Having said that, they are usually on offer in all of the main supermarkets for two for two pounds, which is not too bad really.

Overall I would say that they are good value and I would recommend them without a doubt. They are tasty, filling and quite luxurious.

• Red Dwarf - Series 1 (DVD) / TV Series / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.03.2015 23:25

Advantages

• "Excellent start to a show"
      • "Great series"

Disadvantages

• "Special effects aren't great"
      • "Low budget"

A great start to a great show, really funny and a must for anyone!

I was first introduced to the wonder of Red Dwarf when I was around 10 or 11, about 15 years after the first episode aired. That seems like an age ago, with the series now 25 years old and you can guess how old I'm getting. It was my best friend Craig who first showed me a video of the very first series. I immediately fell in love with it. More often than not, we'd be playing video games, me and Craig, but on the occasions when we watched TV it was always either Red Dwarf or the Simpsons (and my preference was for Red Dwarf). He only had the first seven series on video by that point (and eight series had been broadcast, so I was missing out on one). A couple of years ago (2009 I believe it was), they restarted the series with a three-part special on Dave entitled "Back to Earth". It was at that point I decided to purchase every series for myself. At that point I'd also become rather taken with iTunes - I am always losing or scratching my DVDs so being able to download them whenever I wanted was great for me. So, I purchased all eight series on iTunes just in time for "Back to Earth" and got them all watched. Series one has always been a firm favourite of mine. It introduces the setting, the eponymous Red Dwarf, the majority of the cast (Kryten the mechanoid being introduced in series two and starring from series three onwards) and sets up the dynamic between the characters. In future series, the team venture outside of Red Dwarf but in series one every episode takes place in the big red which is another reason I like it. So, lets have a look at each of the episodes in series one. There are six in total. As I'm reviewing the iTunes version, I don't have any of the special features that come with the DVDs so I'll try to provide as good an overview as possible of everything else.

==The End==
      The first ever episode, "The End", sets up the show and is one of the very few from the first several series to feature a full crew aboard the Red Dwarf. Dave Lister, the third technician on the ship, is the lowest ranking crew member and Arnold Rimmer, second technician, is his superior. Their various roles include unclogging the chicken soup nozzle of the food dispensers - exciting stuff. After being found to have brought an unquarantined pregnant cat onto the ship and refusing to give it to the captain when caught, Lister is put into suspended animation for the remainder of the voyage, which turns out to be fortuitous as Rimmer, without the aid of his subordinate, fails to repair a faulty drive plate resulting in a lethal radiation leak of Cadmium II which wipes out the entire crew. Three million years later, Holly (the ship's computer) brings Lister out of stasis once the radiation levels reach a safe background level. This is followed by a hilarious scene in which Holly repeatedly tries to tell Lister that the entire crew are dead. It is then revealed that Holly has elected to resurrect Rimmer as a hologram (and earlier in the episode it is said that Holly can only sustain one hologram at a time) as Rimmer is the crew member that Dave had the most interaction with. Later they discover the Cat (and fail to name him, so he is known simply as Cat) - a humanoid that evolved from Lister's cat who was safely sealed in the hold at the time of the disaster.

I know I've basically just ruined the plot for the first episode but I think it is necessary, as there is no way to describe the premise of the show without revealing the plot as the episode sets everything up. I rather liked this episode as I thought it was a very good premise on which to base a sci-fi program - a group of hapless twenty-somethings, one of whom is a cat, and their ship's computer travelling about three million years from home. I think the episode fulfilled it's purpose and it's definitely one of my favourites. I also like the name of the episode - "The End". It's an interesting choice for the very first episode of a show, but it's appropriate as it's the end of Lister's life as he knew it and the start of a new one. All in all, an excellent start to the series.

==Future Echoes==
      This is another of my favourites. The ship is travelling at light speed and, as a result, strange things start happening. The crew being to see events from the future before they happen. Now, I'm no quantum physicist (if only) but it seems to me that the premise for this episode is entirely impossible. Nevertheless, it's a good episode as not only does it set up something for a future episode in series two, it also shows for the first time the complete idiocy of Lister and Rimmer as they struggle to work out what's going on. It also gives you an idea of what day to day life is like for Lister now that he is stranded in deep space (I'll give you a hint, it aint that exciting).

==Balance of Power==
      Another good one, this episode sees a struggle for power between Lister and Rimmer. Lister desperately wants to go on a date with a former crew mate, Kristine Kochanski, but as Holly can only sustain one hologram at a time, he'd have to turn Rimmer off to do so. Rimmer, still technically superior to Lister, refuses and so he comes up with a way to get what he wants. A running gag is that Rimmer has repeatedly failed the astronavigation exam countless times so when Lister announces he intends to become an officer Rimmer is rightly dubious. However, it turns out even the ship cook outranks both of them, so Lister tries to take the exam to become a chef. This leads to a rather funny scene in which Rimmer impersonates Kochanski in order to dissuade Lister from taking the exam. Again, a funny episode that gives you a little more insight into the dynamic between the characters.

==Waiting for God==
      Now, this is my second least favourite after the episode which follows (don't worry, we'll get to that soon enough). It provides some back story into the Cat and his race, which to be honest we haven't learnt very much about until now. Lister is given the Cat bible, which Holly translates for him, and learns that he is their god ("Cloister the Stupid") and that they expect him to lead them to the promised land, Fuchal. This is clearly a misinterpretation of Lister's plan to move to Fiji with his pregnant cat which is mentioned in the first episode. It's still a decent episode, and I'm not sure why I don't like it. Perhaps it's the religious aspect - I really don't like religion but I respect other people's right to believe what they want and I don't like it when shows make fun of religion. Another humanoid cat is found in this episode, who soon after making his first appearance dies. A decent episode, especially for the show's first series, but again not a favourite of mine.

==Confidence and Paranoia==
      Now this is definitely my least favourite episode from series one. Lister contracts a mutated form of a virus and starts having hallucinations which manifest themselves as physical forms. After getting over his illness, Lister wakes to find he has created solid forms of his confidence and paranoia. This episode features a young(er) Craig Ferguson starring as Lister's confidence who just happens to be one of my favourite comedians. However, that doesn't make up for the poor premise of the show which has no basis in reality. I found the idea that someone's hallucinations could be made real completely unbelievable and therefore it just didn't appeal to me.

==Me²==
      In this episode, Rimmer creates a perfect hologrammatic replica of himself and decides to move out of his quarters with Lister and moves in with himself. He soon begins to loathe himself which results in a number of funny scenes. Another decent episode, but again not one of my favourites. It made me despise Rimmer even more, which I hope was the objective as Rimmer is quite a detestable character.

===My Ranking===
      I thought I'd rank the episodes in order of which I like most. No particular reason for this, and it really adds very little to the review but I thought I'd do it anyway. So, here we are:

1. "The End"
      2. "Balance of Power"
      3. "Future Echoes"
      4. "Me²"
      5. "Waiting for God"
      6. "Confidence and Paranoia"

==Conclusion==
      Red Dwarf is an excellent show and the first series is a great start to our amazing venture through space. It's a little low budget compared to some of the later series with the special effects being a little poor but it is definitely worth a watch and I'd recommend it to anyone, especially anyone who likes science fiction. It may not compare to some of the American sci fi series, or even Doctor Who, but it is an exceptional show of British humour.

Also posted on my blog, adamsreviewsblog.blogspot.co.uk, and on Ciao.

• Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion / Sun Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.03.2015 23:15

Advantages

• Moisturising

Disadvantages

• "Not much colour"
      • Smell

Left me looking like Casper the ghost

Living in Scotland you don't see a lot of sunshine, even is summer which means that my skin is so pale it almost has a blue tinge to it! Having a few moles on my back ad legs I am not keen to use sunbeds for safety reasons so my only option is fake tan to stop me looking like a walking corpse.

I have tried many over the years and have had more disasters than I care to admit so I like the idea of the dove summer skin body lotion with a gradual tan. Meaning I wouldn't go from blue to orange in one small sweep and I could top up my tan whilst moisturising my skin. I chose the fair to medium shade, (not wanting to end up looking like a wotsit) which cost me about £4ish from Asda.

The lotion is quite strong smell, which I'm not quite sure how to describe. It's not overly unpleasant, but then its not how I would choose to go around smelling either. The cream itself is white in colour and has a nice light texture. It applies easily and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturised. I applied it to my skin after a shower.

I woke up the next day hoping for a nice golden glow to my skin, but nothing, no change at all. Since I am so pasty I thought maybe I needed a few applications to get it going so I applied it every night for over a week and guess what?...not a thing! Maybe I just got a dodgy batch but I was disappointed to find that after the effort my skin was still as blue as it had always been.

I persevered until the end of the bottle but it made no difference, so sadly I would not recommend this product based on my experience of it. My hunt for the holy grail of self tan continues so what this space...

• Cadbury Creme Egg / Chocolate / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.03.2015 23:13

Advantages

• Cheap
      • Tasty

Disadvantages

• "Only available until April"

Taste Better Than Before

I was never a big fan of Cadbury's Creme Eggs because I thought they were just too sweet and sickly. But, with the reason controversy surrounding them, I felt obliged to test the water and see what all the fuss was about. I am not sure whether this was a real thing or a stroke of marketing genius to bring everyone's attention to the eggs which are only available in the run up until Easter.

The result of my dalliance into the Creme Egg world is that I am totally addicted to them now! Now whether or not that has something to do with the fact that I am nine weeks pregnant is yet to be seen, but for the time being, I can't seem to stop myself from eating them.

The eggs weigh 40 grams and are made up of a chocolate shell filled with yellow and white 'goo'. The controversy was that the chocolate shell is not actually Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate, but I don't think they are any worse for that. The filling is a sort of sugary fondant filling that is really quite tasty and I think this is where the difference is from its former incarnation. The whole combination is just not as sickly and sweet as it used to be.

The eggs are available for all manner of prices depending where you get them from. The cheapest seems to be 50 pence each or three for £1 from the main supermarkets. For that price I'd say they are definitely worth it and you should get yourself some before they stop selling them in April.

• Makita BHP452 / Power Drill / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.03.2015 22:50

Advantages

• "Nice carry case"
      • "easy to use"
      • "Super fast charge"
      • Powrful

Disadvantages

• "Maybe a bit over priced"

Makita is not just an Elton John song

This is an 18 volt version and is shaped like most other battery operated drills of its kind. It has a handle that the battery slots into, with a trigger near the top end of the handle. There's also the standard directional button that lies just to the side of the trigger. At the front top of the handle there is a little tiny light that aims are the area that the drill/driver bit is working into. This brightens up the area when you need to as the light comes on when you squeeze the trigger.
      As we look at the front there's the torque setting, 16 in all, plus a hammer-drill, driver action and drill action setting. All wrapped around the torque setting ring.
      Then right at the front of the unit there's the chuck itself, which is keyless and means there's no need to worry about losing the key to lock or unlock the chuck to get the bit out.
      On the top of the main body there's the gear selector, which, when pushed forward or backward slips the gears into '1' or '2' gear. This comes in handy when it's time to drill into those harder materials such as concrete or brick.
      The handle has a soft, rubber grip to it which makes it nice a comfortable to hold, even when it comes to getting a stronger grip.
      The chuck can be loosened, or tightened, with one hand as the chuck locks into place when you're turning it.

It has a super fast charging rate, being less than thirty minutes from completely flat to fully charged.
      The charger itself is a bit of a monster but you'd expect that in a quick charge system.
      All this comes in a rather fine aluminium case that has a foam inner which hugs all the pieces perfectly well.

The only down side to this is the price, which is about £160. That seems a lot of money for a drill, and it is really. But if you want a drill that is going to last a daily battle with screws and drilling then this is not too bad at all.

• Ted Baker Body Lotion / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.03.2015 22:36

Advantages

• "Nice and thick"
      • "Smells lovely"

Disadvantages

• "Not Cheap"

Lovely Luxurious Lotion

At Christmas I was six months pregnant and so I got an awful lot of lotions and potions from Santa Claus. I am a big fan of Ted Baker products so I was more than happy to find a selection of his bath and body products in my selection. One of the items was this Butterfly Wings Body Lotion.

The Butterfly Wings is simply a reference to the pattern that appears on the packaging and I actually think that the contents inside are the same as the other ones in the other ranges like Regency and so on - I suspect that the patterns on the outside are just a gimmick to be honest.

That's not to say that I am disappointed because I am not. I really like the fragrance of this product and am happy to buy them all in different shapes and sizes if they are the same inside. The smell is really lovely. It is both fruity and flowery in equal measures so that neither scent type is overpowering. It is really well balanced and smells light. It is a scent that would suit people of all ages and one that would be really nice in summer although can be carried over to winter happily.

The moisturiser itself is actually very good. It is quite a thick lotion so it feels really luxurious when you put it on. I find it is best to rub it in your hands a bit first to make it easier to apply. I also find the bottle is great for making sure that you don't squirt out too much at once, so that you don't wast it.

The body lotion is available in Boots for £.250 for a small 50 ml bottle which isn't cheap, but I think it is such a nice all round product that this still represents good value for money and I would recommend it.

29.03.2015 22:26

Advantages

• Luxurious
      • "Smells Nice"

Disadvantages

• "Not The Cheapest"

Lovely Product

At Christmas I was six months pregnant and so I got an awful lot of lotions and potions from Santa Claus. I am a big fan of Ted Baker products so I was more than happy to find a selection of his bath and body products in my selection. One of the items was this Butterfly Wings Body Wash.

The Butterfly Wings bit is just a reference to the pattern on the outside of the bottles of the range and has no connection to the product inside! The body wash smells absolutely divine and that is the thing that I like most about it. It smells very light and fruity but not overpowering in any way at all. it makes the bathroom smell lovely when I am using it.

The wash lathers up nicely although I would strongly recommend one of those pouf things (I got one in the set) because it really makes it lather up wonderfully. The wash is nice and luxurious especially when it lathers up so much.

I have quite dry skin, especially after I have come out of the shower and whilst this doesn't take away the dryness, I do find that my skin isn't as bad, which is really nice actually.

It is currently available in Boots for £2.50 for a quite small 50 ml bottle, which isn't cheap, but a little goes a long way, so I would say that it is still good value for money. I would definitely recommend this product as it is good quality and smells nice. If you can get it in a set it also makes a great gift.

29.03.2015 22:23

Advantages

• Price
      • "Nice wand"

Disadvantages

• "Not much volume"

Could be better

I love all things Soap & Glory. In fact it has become a bit of an addiction. I had never tried the mascara before but when I found a tube of Thick & Fast Super Volume mascara in a set that I received at Christmas time I was quite excited to give it a go.

The mascara itself is nicely packaged in a black tube with pink writing and the wand is a nice size and shape. The mascara claims to leave you with full, thick lashes with a false lash effect that won't flake or smudge. All of which sounds great.

On application the mascara goes on smoothly with no clumps. The wand gives good coverage, although it can be difficult to catch those little short lashed in the corner without getting the product on your skin, I think if the wand was just a little smaller that this would solve the problem (or maybe I just need a steadier hand!) I find that one coat hardly makes any difference to my lashes, I need at least to or three to have any effect, so for me it falls short of its think and full claims. Application does last well throughout the day with no annoying flaky bits, which is great. And I don't fell it irritates my eyes like some mascaras do.

Overall its not a bad mascara, perfect of you are wanting a barely there natural look for daytime. But if like me you like big thick voluminous lashes that mascara will leave you disappointed. Such a shame from a fantastic brand.

29.03.2015 22:09

Advantages

• "Suitable for any age and any occasion"
      • "Pretty design strap"

Pretty feminine watch

I love Kahuna watches and much prefer these leather strap watches than gold or silver as I find them so comfortable to wear, and as they are cheaper than metal watches they are much more affordable so you can have several watches to choose from. Kahuna make some really pretty designs in lots of colours so you can always find one to suit your requirements. I actually bought this watch from Ebay and only paid £13.50 new which is a great price as it costs around £20 from most retailers.

As with all Kahuna watches it has a 2 year manufacturers guarantee and a Quartz movement. The watch has a white leather strap which is embellished with images of stars and moons and it has white stitching along each edge. The strap is widest at the face and then tapers down as it fastens at the back with a chunky silver buckle and is fully adjustable.

The face is plain white and the markings are silver and it just has the word Kahuna across the face. It is quite a plain watch but it does look very pretty and also smart and as it is white it will go with absolutely anything and is suitable for any occasion. I never get any rubbing or irritation from the buckle or the face and the strap seems to grip my wrist snugly without any feelings of restriction.

As with most watches you pull a small knob on the right hand side and turn it clockwise to set the time. It has the usual battery in the back but I have not had to change it yet. I think that all watches vary in how long the batteries last as I have not had to change the batteries in my other Kahuna watches, one of which I am sure I have had for over five years now, but have got other watches where the battery has gone within twelve months.

I love the look and feel of Kahuna watches and would definitely buy another one. They are not too expensive and are very good quality and excellent time keepers. I wear this watch all day for work and for going out and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a comfortable watch which is a bit different from the norm. This watch has a bit of a hippy/surfer type look and Kahuna do advertise their watches for people who surf, snowboard, mountain bike and other outdoor activities. This is a lovely feminine looking watch which I love wearing and looks good for any occasion.

• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.03.2015 22:05

Advantages

Disadvantages

I recommend Print24.com to future customers.

The flyers I ordered in your company came fast and I am very satisfied with the quality of printing.

• Tesco Value Toothbrush / Oral Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      29.03.2015 21:39

Advantages

• " cheap"
      • " cheap"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Big head"

Not For Me, But Hubby Likes Them

My husband goes through toothbrushes at an incredible rate (I'm talking one every fortnight) mainly because he presses on far too hard when he is brushing, but that is a whole other argument. Anyway, as a result I am very reluctant to spend very mcuh at all on his toothbrushes, which is how I ended up buying these toothbrushes from the Tesco Value range. They cost just 18p for a pack of two, which is insanely cheap, but are they any good?

They aren't bad actually. Hubby likes them. They are a medium firmness which means they last longer than the other cheap brands he has tried in the past. It also means that he feels like they are cleaning his teeth properly because the bristles are not too soft. The plastic in them has rounded ends as well which protects your gums and means that it is smoother in your mouth. The ones in the picture here are both white, but the packs now come with two colours in one pack; either one red and one green or one blue and one yellow. This means it is much easier obviously to decipher whose is whose if you have more than one person in the house using them.

Having said all that, they aren't perfect. I am not a big fan of them because the head of the brush is quite big, which means that I think they are quite uncomfortable to use. There is no give in them for me either which adds to the discomfort.

Overall I would give them three stars because if you like this size and firmness, then you can't go wrong at just nine pence per brush, but they aren't for me. I still buy them for hubby!

29.03.2015 21:33

Advantages

• "Great taste and smell"
      • "Softens and moisturises lips"
      • "Lovely vintage tin"

Strawberry lips

I bought this lovely Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm when I was on a day trip with my friends and we stopped off at a craft centre on the way back which had a stand with lip glosses and balms and such like. The vintage look of this tin took my eye straight away and I always like to keep one in my handbag, and as I hadn't got one with me at that time I thought I would give myself a treat. It was £4.00 which is definitely more than I would usually pay but I have used Rosebud products previously and know they are lovely, and I really just wanted to treat myself at the end of a smashing day out.

The ingredients are natural white beeswax, petrolatum, vilvanolin and a trade secret blend of strawberry flavours and it is 22g in size. You just twist the lid to open the tin and the balm itself is a lovely pretty pink colour and it feels soft and smooth to the touch. As soon as you open the tin you can smell a delicious strawberry smell and it tastes just as good when you apply it to your lips.

To use I will scrape a finger across the balm and then gently apply it to my lips, and straight away my lips feel moisturised and softer. I regularly use lip balm even when my lips are in good condition but if this is the case they just feel even softer,and if my lips are feeling a bit dry or chapped this balm seems to soothe them and leaves a light coating which helps to protect them. You can see a very slight sheen to your lips but it isn't that noticeable so if you don't want to look as if you are wearing lipstick then this one is ideal for you.

This balm is widely available from chemists and online and the prices range from £2.95 to £7.25 and it also comes in other flavours such as minted rose, brambleberry rose and menthol and eucalyptus and these also come in fabulous vintage looking tins which would look great on any dressing table or bathroom shelf.

You can get much cheaper lip balms but you can really tell that this one is a high quality product from the tin to the balm itself and I would definitely buy it again. If you have several lip balms on the go as I do then I would expect this tin to last for up to twelve months even using it regularly as you really only need one application for each use which is plenty to make your lips feel pampered and cared for.

• Tesco Value Mouthwash / Oral Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      29.03.2015 21:28

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Tastes Nice"

Disadvantages

• "Not very strong"
      • "Very sweet"
      • "Doesn't last long"

Cheap is not cheerful

I generally buy Tesco own brand mouthwash because I honestly can't see the point in paying more than twice the price for a branded version that does the same job. This is not the one I usually buy, I buy the more expensive one (by that I mean that it is 65 pence) but a couple of weeks ago they were out of stock so I decided to go for the value range one which is 50 pence. You wouldn't have thought that there could be much difference for fifteen pence, but there is!

The smell of this one from the bottle is quite nice - it is more of a fresh mint smell that a stronger one, but it is pleasant and actually the taste is quite nice too. It tastes a bit like soft mints and is not at all unpleasant.

I am afraid that is where the positives end though. This is such a sweet mouth wash that it actually feels like you need to clean your teeth again after using it. It feels like it has actually somehow coated your teeth in sugar which is not good at all. The flavour, although I said it was nice, doesn't last very long at all. I would say that the taste of it has worn off within ten or fifteen minutes of using it. An indication of how weak it is, is that I find I can drink a juice after using it and it doesn't change the flavour of the drink, which you wouldn't get if it was remotely strong.

So, whilst it is very cheap at 5o pence for a 500ml bottle, it isn't worth it and I would absolutely recommend paying the extra fifteen pence for the next one up in the range.

• Skullcandy INK'D / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.03.2015 21:25

Advantages

• Durability
      • Compact
      • "Build Quality"
      • Price

Disadvantages

• Comfort
      • "Sound Quality"

Solid for the price

Had them for a while and I'm gonna be honest with you, they're not the best, but they're definately not bad for the price. They're durable, stylish, and cheap. They're definately better than earbuds that you get with your phone and if they're your first decent pair of earbuds then you'll probably like them unless you're an audiophile. They're really durable so they'll last for a long time. But if you're not taking care of them, you can actually break them fairly easily. The only drawback is the sound. It's not bad by any means but they're not quite premium quality like earbuds on the more expensive side. Overall you're gonna be happy with the purchase if they're your first pair of good earbuds. The price is quite low so you have nothing to lose. But if you have a little more money to spend then get something better.

29.03.2015 21:08

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Colour Gets Dirty"

Good, But Not In White

Breo Roam watches were one of those overnight sensations a while ago that came out of a few megastar type celebrities wearing them. One day no one had heard of them, the next everybody was wearing one and I am kind of ashamed to say that I was one of those people. In my defence, I got them cheap at work and because I wanted them for a specific purpose rather than because some actor or pop star was wearing it!

The thing that I like most about this watch is the fact that it is really simple and it is perfect for wearing when you are going for a run or (as is the reason why I wanted it) you are at the beach on holiday. I like to have a watch with me when I am on the beach, but because I like to go for walks and dip in and out of the sea, I don't want an expensive one that I could lose or might get damaged. That's why this is the perfect watch - when it first came out it was £10 but now, or at least at the time of writing this review, you can get them for as little as £3 online. Bargain.

The watch is simple and has no functions other than to tell the time digitally, whih might make it suitable for children as well. It is available in four sizes (small, medium, large and extra large). Mine is a small because I have tiny hands and wrists, but it is made of stretchy rubber material so they stretch a bit to get them over your hand.

The watches aren't perfect though because whilst they are supposed to be water resistant, I know a lot of people have had problems with this because they have had condensation form when they wear the watch in the shower. This suggests that the water resistance isn't that good but I can't confirm this because I take mine off in water.

The other problem I have with this watch (and it is specific to this colour because I have the watch in other colours and it hasn't done the same thing) and that is that it gets dirty very quickly and it can't really be cleaned, which is a shame.

Overall I would recommend one of these watches as a cheap and easy to use one but I would probably tell you to avoid this particular white one because the colour really doesn't stand the test of time.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown