05.03.2015 22:21

Advantages

Disadvantages

Wonderful lip balm from Elemis

It takes something pretty special to change my mind over lip balm, once I find the right one I tend not to shift or desert the range which normally is vaseline in every colour tin available!

This came as a freebie when I purchased a large amount of products of the ELEMIS range from a trader other than TIMETOSPA.
      Although this is aimed at teens to twenties and I'm early thirties, this really is great for any age.

The ingredients listed here are:
      PASSIONFLOWER OIL- this is what you can smell a mile off and taste so good, almost as good as the body shop lip balms!-you all know what I'm talking about!]
      SWEET ALMOND OIL
      VITAMIN E
      PEPPERMINT- balances really well with the passionflower.

This is seriously packed with oil and please, I beg you through the power of a review, to apply a tiny dot onto your fingertip no more than that otherwise it'll look like your salivating for no reason.

If you apply an outrageous amount just before bed and allow it to sink into your lips for eight-hour, my giddy aunt! In the morning, this really will help your lips to be soft and nourished.
      When applying lipstick you could see that the lips were a little more fuller but well conditioned. If you do that at night, even the occasional night this long term will reduce wrinkles and fine lines on and around your lips.
      Doing this will also protect your lips all day so you can concentrate on fabulous colour instead!

For 10ml this can retail at £7, TIMETOSPA.CO.UK do reduce the price often and it will last you more than a month.

• Pyrex Measuring Jug / Kitchenware / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      05.03.2015 22:17

Advantages

• Versatile
      • "Easy to clean"
      • "Strong and sturdy"

Disadvantages

Every home should have a pyrex jug

I don’t think that I have ever been without a pyrex measuring jug as I use it on a regular basis and for all sorts of things. As they do last a long time I can’t remember exactly how much I paid for this but Asda are currently selling it for £4.

As you would expect with Pyrex it is very strong and thick glass and all the markings on the side are printed into the glass so there is no danger with them rubbing off. The markings are in red and they give you the measurements in both pints and litres which is good as if you are using an older recipe they will usually be in pints.

The jug is almost as wide as it is tall so it is stable if you are stirring liquid in it and you don’t have to hold onto the handle to keep it in place. The spout is quite small so you can easily control the amount of liquid you are pouring out and it is easy to pour into a bottle or other smaller container without much spillage. The handle is curved and is just joined at the top so it can accommodate the larger hand but it is also just as easy for a small hand.

Although it is made of toughened glass you do still have to be a bit careful and it could smash if you dropped it onto a hard floor, although having said that I have dropped it into the kitchen tiles recently when I was getting it out of the dishwasher and it seemed to sort of bounce and didn’t break or crack. As well as being able to put this jug into the dishwasher you can also put it into the freezer and microwave so it is a pretty good all rounder.

I use this jug regularly for making gravy and like the way that you can see exactly what is in there so you see if there is anything stuck to the sides. Other things I use it for include mixing sauces, for making jelly, stuffing, and scrambled eggs but you can really use it for almost anything. As the handle is made of glass this can get hot though so you may need to use a tea towel or oven glove to pick it up if you have heated it up.

This jug has been washed hundreds of times and is not showing any scratches or markings so you do get your moneys worth out of it. I have had plastic jugs but they seem to get a bit scratched after a while and also discoloured which is something you don’t get with this one. So if it does eventually break or I need another one I would definitely replace it with another one the same.

05.03.2015 22:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

On the go makeup remover

Whether your travelling around London or elsewhere, heading to a festival or getting home late and need something easy to grab at a moment's notice and wipe of the makeup at the end of a long day , this is pretty perfect.

These are a pack of 25 wipes that are lightly moisturised to remove the makeup and mascara to cleanse your skin and also give it a bit of T.L.C to boot. With the resealable tabs, they can fit nicely into your shoulder bag, not on of those teeny tiny one though.

Enriched with Elderflower and Chamomile not only does it smell calming, it is really soothing for the skin.

The scent if really lovely and normally due to my sensitive skin I don't tend to go for perfumed products. But I have found with Elemis that they are a good brand for those with sensitive skin and if you suffer from blemishes try their Apricot range.

Not only does this, thankfully, remove all traces of makeup without having to scrub your skin dry this nourishes and protects with the formula so it's almost like a 2 in 1. My skin felt refreshed and cleansed afterwards and when my skin dried it was noticeably softer.

They can be expensive £7 for 25, but the ELEMIS website TIMETOSPA.CO.UK normally has these on a sale price that is better than EBAY, yes you read that right.
      But they don't seem to be consistently available so its a case of grab this while you can.

05.03.2015 22:08

Advantages

• Effective
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Watery consistency"

Effective but could be better

Over the years I have tried many different brands of roll on, stick and spray antiperspirant deodorants. When I finally found one I really liked I have stayed loyal to the brand ever since with no reason to try anything else. However A couple of months ago i needed to buy a spare deodorant / antiperspirant as I had forgotten to pack mine for a night away. I popped into the local boots but they didn't have my usual brand so I decided to give the boots own brand a try.

The 24 hour protection roll on stood out to me as it was only 99 pence. I figured that if I didn't like it at least I hadn't wasted too much money.

I picked the sensitive unfragranced version which differs from the dooyoo picture in that the packaging is all whitewater blue and green text. The labelling is fairly basic and not particularly appealing but also not off putting.

The first thing that I noticed when using this product is that it has a very thin watery consistency compared with my usual brand. It therefore takes longer to dry which is a bit of a pain when you are in a rush to get ready in the morning. However once dried, it does a good job. It has a barely noticeable neutral fragrance and keeps me fresh and dry throughout the day. Another plus point this is that it doesn't mark or stain my clothes. I have been using it for a couple of months now with no issues except that it is a little drying on the skin under my arms.

I wouldn't permeability replace my usual brand with this one mainly due to the watery consistency but for anyone looking to cut costs this is an effective and cheaper alternative to the big brand deodorant names.

• Terraria - Collector's Edition (PC) / PC Game / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      05.03.2015 22:05

Advantages

• "Can be cheap"
      • "Better than minecraft"
      • "Amazingly fun"

Disadvantages

• "Isn't 3d"
      • "Can't get mods"

Great game!!

I love this game to bits. I bought Minecraft a couple of years ago and thought it was the best sandbox ever, that was until i bought Terraria on steam. This game was only £6 whereas Minecraft was £17. Big difference. Terraria is a lot better than Minecraft in many respects because there are loads of bosses,Eyeof cthulu, wall of flesh...(it goes on) and so many different materials and things you can make. I also like teaming up with my friends and playing multiplayer as we just build super bases with huge mines underneath. If i had the choice of which to buy i would definitely go for Terraria!
      My only issue with Terraria is that you can't mod it like you can in Minecraft and so after a while, eg. when you've got the best stuff and you've defeated the bosses so many times it gets really boring as there is nothing else to do. This is my main problem, especially as i beat the bosses on my own in about 3-4 weeks and then, with my friends created huge sky bases on clouds and defeated the bosses at least 20 times but we still got bored. Another issue is that i wish it was 3D; that would make it completely better than Minecraft and would make game play a lot more of an enjoyable experience.
      My very last issue is that the maps are very limited and small. If they were bigger or infinite, it would greatly make the game more enjoyable.
      All in all i think it is a very good game and i hope, if you buy it, that you'll enjoy it as much as i have!

05.03.2015 21:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

Finally results!

I, like many others, have quite possibly tried every cream under the sun to banish this gorgeous appearance on the tops of my legs.

I am currently doing a 5:2 Diet [reviewed here] and along with great excercises that don't bulk up but tone and my legs still look like, well, how women's leg ought to [!] but I've yet to find that cream to complete the overhaul.

Then this came along.

I received a gift card for House Of Fraser, my first thought was, ELEMIS! And then I thought I would give this a try.
      I am thrilled that I did. I don't know if its down to skin type or whatever mother nature does but THIS particular oil has helped and produced results unlike other creams that have tried and failed.

You have four incredible ingredients that you might not have heard about it creams from other well-known brands but ELEMIS have combined with the power of plant marine and come up with a gorgeous smelling product that won't leave you thinking you've rubbed a cocktail of industrial strength products on to your skin.

SEA BUCKTHORN
      SEA FENNEL
      LEMON
      JUNIPER ESSENTIAL OIL

I believe that through a great diet, workout and this my legs look great and preventing any more fabulous but unwanted Cellulite.

This oil used regularly and with massage will help release the build up of toxins and help your skin look hydrated and firmer.
      Within two weeks, I noticed a difference and 9 weeks later I am more confident to wear skirts and even looking forward to summer.
      I would highly recommend this if you're banging your head against a brick wall!

Even though I am using this regularly you don't need much and I mean that. I spent £35 for 200ml and I still have more than half the bottle.

05.03.2015 21:50

Advantages

• "Nice size"
      • "Hard wearing "

Disadvantages

• "Heavy "

Lovely bottle.

This has got to be one of my favorite water bottles i have ever had. Firstly the pattern is really bright and colorful which just makes me happy every time i look at it, my only problem with the design is that it is easily scratched and when it is it is very noticeable.
      I use this water bottle when ever I go on a long walk, go cycling or when I'm just generally going on long journeys. It could be slightly bigger but I'm not going to complain as it has quenched my thirst many times.
      As the bottle is made of metal it is very hard to damage so can be given to children if they go to school, only problem for that is that it's a screw lid that goes inside the neck. When the bottle gets damaged though it is very noticeable and really ruins the pattern which is a shame.
      My main problem with this item is that as it is made from metal, when filled with water it can get really heavy which is such a shame as it can be easily clipped to a bag or belt. This still doesn't stop me from using it though, but i really wish it was lighter.
      All in all though i think this bottle is really good and I'd definitely choose it over other bottles, although it is more expensive than a lot of other bottles that are cheaper and arguably better, i would still recommend it to anyone though!!

05.03.2015 21:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

Useful for short-term situations.

I have never been a fan of keeping animals in crates. I have a clean and tidy house but I would never keep any of my three dogs enclosed in a cage for dogs for any length of time, simply to keep them out of our way - if that were the case I wouldn't have invited them into our home in the first place.
      Having said that, we did purchase one of these cages when one of our little dogs needed to remain with her friends yet also needed a bit of space to herself at the same time. The large size of the cage means that our toy poodle cross has plenty of room and there are also two doors which means easy access.
      The cage has meant that for an hour or two in the evenings, all our little gang can be together ( but separate) which suits the situation ideally.
      I have also used this sturdy black cage ( which I think is plastic covered metal) when we have had very young visitors to the house so that the dog can see the visitors and the visitors the dog,but with a bit of space between one enthusiastic, leaping, licking poodle and a toddler who is equally enthusiastic and friendly but lacking in the knowledge of how even a friendly dog should be handled.
      There is no way that i would use this cage as a long-term containment for my dogs but with an open door, I do feel that it could be kept on as a 'den' for an older puppy who used it during younger years as a safe place when his owners were out for a short time.

05.03.2015 21:43

Advantages

• "Great for sensitive or blemish prone skin"

Disadvantages

Great for sensitive skin x

I really trust the toners from Elemis and I feel confident to try their range of them now.
      It was recommended, so that your skin doesn't become use to the regular routine of toning, to switch up the toners every so often.

After six months of using the GINSENG toner and pulling myself away from that fantastic toner. I was relieved to find another equally as effective and is great for sensitive skin.

By using this regularly, you will notice a difference in your skin tone. I had to battle a bit of oily skin on my forehead [grrr] but this helped reduce and tighten the pores in that area, I was so impressed.

The scent is apricot and yes it has lovely soothing qualities to this.
      I agree with another reviewer here that this is a really good toner to HYDRATE the skin, I apply that in capital letters because toners are not really known to hydrate but if your skin is dry through hormonal changes or the season this is ideal to put a lovely healthy glow on your skin, not a horrible shine or sheen.

This is also perfect to remove mascara. You don't have to wrestle or repeat the process as this in a couple of swipes with the cotton pad cleanses the lashes.

For £22, this is very good for 200ml but there are great deals out there.
      Despite using regularly, this actually lasted more than 8 weeks. You don't need to really soak the cotton pad at all to see great results.

05.03.2015 21:41

Advantages

• "Does the job!"
      • "Cheap enough!"

Disadvantages

• "Not as intensive as I expected!"

Dry skin banished!!!!

~~Verdict~~
      I suffer from very dry skin not just on my hands but feet. Recently I visited my local Boots Pharmacy and was on the hunt for something for my very dry hands. My hands where not just sore but where very chapped from the cold. Being on a budget I didn't want to pay over the odds. The cram is white in colour and has a very light fragrance and smells of light floral scents with a citrus undertone.
      It's non greasy formula makes it easy to apply and massage in to both nails and hands without your hands feeling greasy and slimey as some creams do.
      I apply the cream twice a day in the morning and in the evening. With cold weather and using cleaning makes our hands dry out and loose moisture in them.
      After using the cream for just a week my hands feel softer and my cuticles feel more nourished. My nails have become less brittle too.

05.03.2015 21:34

Advantages

• "Easy for carrying"
      • "Nice size"

Disadvantages

• "Not good value for money"
      • "Doesn't look/feel like quality"
      • "Easily breakable"

Not a very good bag!

I would recommend this bag to those of you that need a bag to carry very light things in. It's also good for carrying a laptop but be careful as it could break (i have used it for that and the strap broke so be careful what you put in it). If you need a bag then do not go for this one, regardless of what you need it for as you can get better bags for a cheaper price, for example try Primark. If you want a designer bag then, ok it could be considered as a designer bag but i personally didn't like it. Parents, if your children are going to school and are looking for a bag try not to go for this one as it really isn't built for heavy duty and you may need to replace it very quickly.
      I don't think that the quality of this bag is very good as i haven't had a very good experience with it, in the first week threads were hanging out the sides and it didn't look very good. It's also not very easy to clean, i have tried with multiple different things like damp cloth and soapy water but it just made it worse. Altogether my bag lasted me 3 weeks before the strap fell of. I did try sewing it back on but it's very difficult material to work with. Even though i have had a really bad experience with this bag doesn't mean that you will but i would try to stay away from it if i were you!!

05.03.2015 21:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Home SPA with great results x

This range is well worth every single penny. What a treat! And I really mean that.
      I only use this when I know I'm going to have the luxury of sinking into a hot bath and drift away from the pressures of life.

I love ELEMIS and would highly recommend this range to anyone.

This is a luxurious and creamy bath wash that is based on Cleopatra's bathing ritual, or as close as we can get!
      This is absolutely packed with
      PROTEINS
      AMINO ACIDS
      MINERALS
      PLANT COLLAGEN
      CAMELLIA OIL

This will not only leave your skin super nourished but incredibly soft to the touch and visibly brighter.
      The scent is gorgeous, actually I don't even think that word does it justice.

Along with the body cream in the 'SKIN NOURISHING' range, a mix of blue and white bottles, this intensifies the effect on the skin.
      Even if you chose not to add a body cream you will still feel the amazing benefits of this on your skin and you won't want to destroy that scent with a perfume but allow it to be the fragrance it is.

This lathers up pretty well with just a small amount so this helps the product last a lot longer than you thnk it might.

I have sensitive skin and find this is wonderful on mine and doesn't cause any negative reactions whatsoever.

For 400ml, it can cost £42 the best thing to do is shop around for a great deal or even better is buy the 'SKIN NOURISHING gift box. A little bit of everything in there for £35-45!

• The Purge (Blu-ray) / Blu-Ray Movie / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      05.03.2015 21:26

Advantages

• "Good idea"

Disadvantages

• "Dreadful delivery"

Great premise just badly delivered...

==Plot Summary==

The Sandins are a reasonably wealthy family in an exclusive estate in Los Angeles; the year is 2022 and America is coming out of recession thanks to a solution which has reduced crime down to almost nothing - “The Purge”. Once per year, for twelve hours, anything goes, even murder. James Sandin is a salesman that makes his money selling security products to his neighbours to protect them during the annual “festivities”, but he didn't take into account the naivety of his own son would lead to him not being as safe as he had once believed.

==Main cast==

James Sandin – Ethan Hawke (Sinister; Training Day; Gattaca)
      Mary Sandin – Lena Headey (TV's Game of Thrones; Dredd; 300)
      Charlie Sandin – Max Burkholder (TV's Parenthood; Astro Boy; Daddy Day Care)
      Zoey Sandin – Adelaide Kane (Australian TV's Neighbours; Goats; Pretty Tough)

Written and directed by James DeMonaco (director of Staten Island; writer of Skinwalkers, Assault on Precinct 13 and The Negotiator)

==What Did I Think of the Film?==

I honestly have no idea. I went into it with two basic thoughts in mind; Ethan Hawke was excellent in his last horror – Scott Derrickson's wonderful Sinister, and James DeMonaco has written three bloody good action screenplays. Add into that you have Lena Headey sitting on top of the world with her major role in HBO's Game of Thrones. What could go wrong, I hear you ask? Well, pretty much everything that could... did!

We had a great wee premise, a twelve hour spell in which the laws of the land are lifted, and you can legally do anything that you want, to get out all your anger and prevent it over-spilling into your life for the other 364.75 (on average) days of the year. Sadly though we only see grainy news coverage of previous “purges” in the opening scenes, leaving us with at 7pm on the night of “The Purge”. We're now encamped inside a suburban home, with a family, a scary-ass moving head puppet thing and a “Bloody Stranger” (that is the character's name); this role falls to Edwin Hodge (remember the kid who came in to Samuel L. Jackson's store at the beginning of Die Hard: With a Vengeance to sell him a stereo? Yeah, that guy, except this is 18 years later, and now I feel old). Hodge is the unexpected star of the film for me, you know from the moment he turns up that his presence is going to be important and he actually has to carry the better known cast members through the tense and emotional moments prior to the proverbial @#$& hitting the fan.

Hawke and Headey are going through the motions; I'm not buying them as a couple, let alone one in the middle of a situation where they, and their children's, lives are in extreme danger. Then we've got the kids, young Max Burkholder plays the nerdy, withdrawn, younger sibling with Adelaide Kane as the sullen teenage daughter who has been told that she can't continue to date her older boyfriend Henry (played by the IRL younger Texan Tony Oller from TV's Gigantic... yeah, I've not heard of it either, Emma Caulfield from Buffy was in it, apparently). Well, he sneaks in before lock-down, and we really wish he hadn't, he contributes nothing to the film, dies, and nobody – even his girlfriend Zoey – seems to really care. Sorry, that was a spoiler, but really you won't be bothered either way, it's no surprise and all he really does is get blood over a perfectly nice hallway. The youngsters do a decent job, especially Burkholder, and they are two of the few that can hold their heads up high after this.

There are a couple of funny moments in here, but they are pretty spread out; to be honest this would have actually worked a lot better if they had gone down a Home Alone style road, combining the murder with slapstick humour to lighten the mood and allow the kids to take attention away from Ethan Hawke who is obviously wondering throughout why the Hell he agreed to be in another film made by the Spierig brothers... Daybreakers sucked Ethan, Undead sucked before that... if you think that a film about a time-travelling Temporal Agent is going to alter that pattern then I'm fairly sure you are mistaken!

Go and see this film as a warning of what happens when you try and sell stolen goods to Samuel L. Jackson. I can't think of any other reason to see it now that you've read this... it's got a creepy robot with a burnt doll's head. That was pretty random, it also put in a more life-like performance than any of the main cast. Good job, little robot!

Don’t bother if you are expecting a horror, that's not what you are going to find. You'll find a boring attempt at a manipulative government populace control story, thrown into a lazy house invasion 'thriller'. It's not worth describing in any more detail.

==Overall rating==

3/10 – the few comedy spots saved it from being a total nightmare. Save yourself the trouble, rent Daybreakers if you want to see a bad Ethan Hawke film. Actually better still, get one of the three good ones I mentioned in the cast list and pretend this never happened!

***This review first appeared under my real name on TVandFilmReview.com in May 2013***

• Aloe Vera / Homeopathic Remedies / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      05.03.2015 21:21

Advantages

Disadvantages

Squidgy leaves just disappeared!

Well - what can I say? My friend who is a horticulture expert said that she loved the soothing effects of the Aloe Vera plant so, captured and enraptured by her declaration, I agreed to pay a couple of pounds towards a school mini enterprise fund for a little plant of my own.
      The plant flourished on my window sill and sure enough,the first time I burned myself lightly on the iron, I cracked one of the fleshy leaves, squeezed out a good blob of the gel and applied it to the sore area. I've got to say I was impressed. It cooled and soothed and apart from saying 'there, there' couldn't have done a better job.
      My only problem was dealing with the plant. The leaves were plump and juicy and much therapeutic effect was felt from squeezing the leaves filled with gel during difficult phone calls. The plant was happy and so was I but it began to spread way beyond my little window sill.
      There was nothing else for it - I gave it a prune. This was a BIG mistake. Yes the leaves grew back but they were flat. There was no spongy, squeezy stuff to press around while I was on the phone and a blob of cream from a tube was a more reliable answer to dry or sore skin.
      I do think the Aloe Vera is soothing for minor sore bits but I have to admit, I've given up on my plant and as a gesture of goodwill allowed it to stay for purely sentimental reasons. My latest Aloe Vera comes in a tube from Holland and Barrett, priced around £4!

05.03.2015 20:57

Advantages

Disadvantages

quiting sugar

Being diabetic im always interested in trying low sugar recipes
      I recently bought this on kindle then saw it in a charity shop for £1.50 so I am reviewing both formats

**How useful is it **
      Most of the recipes are also gluten free which makes this very useful for me. I liked how it was a gradual plan , it can be easier to plans like this a step at a time instead of all at once.

**Value for money**
      The book has plenty of recipes which are easy to follow - I don't think of myself as being that great at cooking/baking so I always say if I can follow the instructions and make the product it must be easy to do.

I think that the authors reading style is very easy to follow , its quite casual.

I found some of the ingredients are less common but from previous detoxes etc I already had them or knew where to get them. Some of them I had to get from amazon as my local asda/Tesco didn't stock. I also found that the a few recipes would then use the same ingredients so its not like you are buying anything just to use it in the one recipe then have it left in your cupboard.

**Good about kindle version**
      Good for reading on the go

**Good about book**
      I think its easier to read recipes etc when they are in a book over the kindle version

**Price**
      The kindle version costs £3.59 and the paperback £7.49

There are 2 versions of this book. This one is more the beginners book as it easies you in. I do recommend this.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown