29.08.2014 02:56

Advantages

• "gorgeous packaging"
      • "feels nice"
      • "works really well"

Disadvantages

• "expensive but so worth it!"

Bright eyes

Clarins Instant Light Brush On Perfector is designed to conceal imperfections and disguise shadowy areas as it firms and soothes the skin. It's priced at £25.

My thoughts
      This is not a product I normally would have bought. I've tried many different versions of these eye highlighting/concealing pens, and haven't really seen the benefit of them. It was only after having a makeover at the Clarins counter where this was used that I decided it was worth splashing out on!

The packaging is lovely, which is always the case with Clarins. It looks expensive, classy and elegant. You certainly wouldn't be embarrassed to pull this out of your makeup bag! Just like other products of this type it has a brush at one end and a twist mechanism at the other end which dispenses the product into the brush.
      The brush feels nice and soft on my skin and it holds the concealer well without it dripping or splashing when you're using it. The consistency of the concealer is just lovely, it feels so smooth and creamy and glides really effortlessly onto the skin. It is easy to blend and doesn't dry before you've had a chance to blend it where you want it.

It feels really light on my skin and it doesn't settle into the creases under my eyes, which is a major issue I have with most similar products. I find this disguises my dark circles really well. I say disguises because it doesn't just conceal them by covering them with colour, it reflects light away from the dark areas which makes them seem much less noticeable. It really does work exceptionally well at brightening my whole eye area and making me look more awake and younger.
      The concealer also has a slight tightening effect on the skin which I can feel working but as I don't yet suffer from wrinkles it doesn't have any visible effect for me, but I'm sure it would for those with fine lines around their eyes as my skin feels tighter and firmer.

It lasts all day on my skin and it doesn't feel drying, in fact it keeps my skin feeling hydrated and comfortable throughout the whole day, and I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup.
      There are 4 shades available and the lightest one works really well on my pale skin. You might think with only 4 shades you'd struggle to find one that suits you but as it's more of a highlighting/light reflecting product than just a basic concealer it doesn't need to be a perfect match for your skintone in order to have the desired brightening effect. I would just suggest that if you're unsure which shade to choose, always go for the lighter of the 2.

Recommended?
      Yes, I absolutely would recommend this to anyone. It's the first product of this type that I've found to actually work and really helps to disguise my dark circles and make my eyes look much brighter and fresher.

29.08.2014 02:40

Advantages

• "Beautiful bottle design"
      • Affordable
      • " mature scent"
      • "A casual"

Disadvantages

• "Not a mind blowing scent"
      • "Doesn't last long"
      • Weak

A soft, mature berry & spicy scent

I love Katy Perry. I think she is a very attractive and likeable person and whenever she releases a perfume, I get very excited and start saving up so I can add it to my collection.

I was lucky enough to recieve a gift set which included Killer Queen Eau De Parfum.

The perfume comes in a glass bottle which is shaped like a diamond ruby. The bottle is red in colour with an ombre effect where the bottle gets lighter at the bottom and darker towards the top. There is a gold lid with some royal-like detailing. The bottle is very sturdy and heavy and high quality. I love when perfumes have quirky bottles as I think it adds a special touch and of course, is very appealing to the eye.

The perfume comes in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles and you can also buy gift sets which include body lotion.

The price of a bottle depends on the size, but generally tends to be around £15.00 - £40.00. I'd recommend having a good look around if you're thinking of purchasing as the perfume retails at a reasonable price in most places and can usually be found at a low price.

I do like this perfume, but I wouldn't say it is one worth repurchasing. The perfume is described as a fruity perfume with top notes of berry, plum, and bergamot accords. Some of the other notes are celosia, a velvety red flower, jasmine, cashmere and a few more.

The perfume for me has a warm feel and is quite a pleasant scent. A little exotic and fruity with a hint of spice. For me I don't think it is an everyday, all year round kind of scent. Obviously it is up to you when you wear it but I much prefer the smell of it in the colder months rather than in the warmer ones. The scent isn't very strong and doesn't seem to catch peoples attention. I think the scent is only really noticeable to yourself. The scent has a lot of notes in, but to me the ones that stand out are the patchouli and berry.

The lasting power is around 2 hours, and then on my skin the smell has worn off completely.

A warm and spicy, fruity soft scent. I don't mind this and it has been nice to have and try, and I do still use it. But it definitely isn't mind blowing and I wouldn't repurchase. I've been left feeling a little deflated by it and don't have much enthusiasm when it comes to reviewing it.

I'd recommend this perfume if you like mature, soft and fruity/spicy scents and don't like your scent to be long lasting and overpowering.

29.08.2014 02:13

Advantages

• "works a treat"

Disadvantages

• "tastes bad"

the only thing for toothache!

I recently thought it would be a brilliant idea to try chewing an aniseed ball ( for those of you that do not know it is a very hard candy), it turned out not to be such a good idea when i smashed my tooth on it!!

For those of you that frequently read my reviews, you can understand how accident prone I actually am! But i have to say this was a painful experience to say the least. I bought Health aid clove oil on a recommendation from my mother, who said it worked really well when she had tooth ache. Unfortunately i could not get into a dentist until the following week, so i had to grin and bear it, which was much easier said than done!

I have to say I would not have gotten through the week without the clove oil. It works by numbing the tooth, therefore killing the pain temporarily , which was great because it provided the little bit of relief that I needed, especially at work! Clove oil has a local anesthetic effect, which is why it worked so well on my tooth. The oil should only be applied directly to the affected area, because it can irritate the gums, lips and mouth area, which is very uncomfortable. What i did, was soak a cotton bud with the clove oil, and bite down onto it, left it there for around a minute and a half and then took it out. The oil tends to leave your saliva very sticky, or at least it does for me, which is not very nice, so have tissues at the ready for when you take out the cotton bud!

Unlike most medicines, this only contains one ingredient, which is the clove oil, so you know exactly what you are putting into your mouth, which is always a good sign. The product is manufactured in the UK too.

Clove oil tastes foul too! I really do not like the taste of clove oil at all. It is a very strong and overpowering flavor, and i did not like it at all! There is some i know that do like it, but it really is not for me, it actually made me feel a little sick! Other than the taste, i would recommend this too anyone who has a problem with a tooth, i honestly would not have gotten through the week without the clove oil, it worked wonders at relieving the pain. I would recommend taking a regular course of ibuprofen too, as this helped alongside the clove oil too. Always follow the directions on the label.

The oil only cost me £4.50 from my local pharmacy, which I thought was quite good considering how expensive the dentist is! This price is for a 10ml bottle, which does not sound like much, but when you only use a tiny amount each time, it lasts forever! Plus the product has a very very long shelf life, so it can be stored in a cool dark place for years!

I actually cannot speak highly enough about this product, it is more than worth having a bottle in the cupboard just in case you get toothache or stupidly bite on a hard sweet and smash your tooth like me, although I do not think anyone is as silly as I was!!

• Easyprint.co.uk / Online Shopping Misc / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.08.2014 00:38

Advantages

• Quality
      • Price

5 Stars print Services - Excellent

Excelente Serviço de impressão. Entrega rápida e Segura. RECOMENDO.

A entrega é rapida e muito eficaz. foi entregue no tempo indicado.

O preço é imbativel, simplesmente o melhor.

Segurança no pagamento.

Muitas Opções por onde Escolher.

Excellent Print Service. Quick and safe delivery. Recommended.

28.08.2014 23:26

Advantages

• "some fair trade ingredients"
      • "not tested on animals"
      • "no alluminium"
      • "smells pleasant"

Disadvantages

• "doesn't really work on me"

Chilled and Breezy scent but ineffective as a deodorant

These usually sell for £2.50. There are three different scents to chose from; ‘Cool and Zesty’ which comes with a lime green lid, ‘Chilled and Breezy’ with a blue lid and finally, ‘Fresh and Floral’ with a pink one. Each of the scent options comes either in a roll on or a stick option and my choice was the roll on. The roll ons also have the option to buy refills which are 50p cheaper than the full roll on kit .

This ‘ Chilled and Breezy’ The smell of this deodorant is quite pleasant, kind of sea beeze, cotton fresh or clean linen kind of scent. I found it pleasant enough but not wonderful. The ingredients state that this has volcanic minerals and essential oils. I think this has a hint of rosemary but nothing much else really stands out. The scent is subtler that the ‘Cool and Zesty’ one and I also found this less effective as a deodorant as well.

This deodorant contains has aloe vera from Guatamala and alcohol from Ecuador both countries being part of the Community trade projects. The aloe vera and sugar cane needed to make the alcohol are both grown on farms using organic production processes. The Body Shop’s trade with these Community Trade farmers ensures that they receive a regular and fair income.

It smells quite pleasant but I find that as a deodorant it is less effective that the other one I tried. It would certainly require a re application during the day to keep my arm pits smelling fresh. I was rather disappointed with this one and would not buy it again.

On the plus side there were no stains or marks on my clothes under my armpits . Also a positive is the fact that I was able to use this deodorant straight after shaving my armpits and it didn’t sting at all . Another positive is that I had no reaction or allergy from using it either.

This is a deodorant not an anti perspirant but I did expect it to keep me from having smelly armpits.

The difference between a deodorant and an anti-perspirant is that a deodorant will help mask or kill odours caused by perspiration whereas, anti-perspirants control or stop perspiration by using ingredients such as aluminium salts.

This product is a deodorant but not the best I have used as I found it was not that effective and I have found other better products that I will buy in future.

Thanks for reading. This review may be on other sites under my same user name.
      ©Catsholiday

28.08.2014 22:43

Advantages

• "Not tested on animals"
      • "lots of lovely natural oils"
      • "Not greasy"
      • "feels light on skin"
      • "Reasonable price"

Disadvantages

• "Some less great ingredients"
      • "Body Shop owned by L'Oreal"

Cheaper than premium brands yet does as good a job

I was actually quite impressed with the price of this for a serum. For the small 28 ml bottle you pay around £12 which is a lot less than many serums around. However if it is cheap does it work as well? It is always hard to judge these things as it is a bit subjective. The lines are realistically NOT going to disappear now, they are here to stay and will inevitable get worse as I get older but what I am hoping for is to delay the inevitable.

Unfortunately when I was younger and living in Australia I probably didn’t look after my skin as well as I should have so I am desperately making up for it now.
      This is a clear slightly gel like serum which smell lovely sweet and fresh. It goes on so easily and is very quickly sucked into my skin leaving it feeling slightly tighter, firm and not at all greasy or oily, quite matt in fact.

I was quite surprised at how matt the effect was considering this is a Vitamin E serum with oil but the oils in it must be very light and quickly absorbed. The oils in this serum are wheat germ oil, Sunflower and Jojoba oils and it also contains Marula, Sesame and Soya oils from Community Fair Trade farmers . So lots of lovely oils to feed your skin and keep it healthy.

I just dipped my fingers in my pot then gentle massaged it over my face.

There are lots of lovely good ingredients in this but I fear there are others which are not so great. I am not going to list all the ingredients but some do cause me concern and they are mainly the fragrance ingredients. Now although I said I liked the smell of this I would prefer it smelled of natural ingredients rather than non natural ones. To be truthful I would prefer no scent if it meant no artificial ingredients. Now some artificial ingredients are harmless but some are questionable.

I rather went off Body shop when they sold out to L’oreal and I know that they do sometimes test on animals. They cannot do this in Europe but they have recently bought a Chinese beauty company and in China the government requires such trials for every new beauty product.

The Body Shop products cannot be sold in China as they do still stand by the non animal testing ethic but it is a bit tricky when they are owned by L’Oreal to separate the two in my mind.

I will leave the ethics question up to you to research further but as a product I would recommend this.

It is good value compared to some of the premium brands and having tried them both I would choose this one over the Clinique one any day. They seem to do about the same to my skin and this is far cheaper and actually feels nicer and smells pleasant too.

28.08.2014 22:25

Advantages

• "Lasts me for 12 months."
      • "Keeps my skin well hydrated."
      • "Leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft."
      • Non-oily.

Disadvantages

• Pricey.

One drink and my skin feels happier......

Product: Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief

Size: 50ml

Price: £34.00

From: Debenhams

Around two years ago, approximately a year before my wedding I decided to get my skincare routine together to ensure that my skin looked in tip top condition for my big day. I decided to go with the brand Clinique as I had tried their products before and they seemed to suit my skin well.

The lovely lady at the Clinique counter in Debenhams helped me choose out various products which were best suited to my skin type. One of those products was the Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief for dry skin, a little bit pricey at £34.00 for 50ml but a little really does go a long way.

The moisturiser is packaged in a lovely clear silver lid pot with the instantly recognisable Clinque logo and lettering embedded on the front of the pot.

The moisturiser is different to any other moisturiser I’ve used, it as a gel like consistency to the cream and glides onto my skin beautifully. I normally use a pea sized amount of product and distribute it evenly on my face and neck and gently rub the moisturiser into my skin in circular motions.

The moisturiser quickly sinks into my skin and leaves it looking radiant and feeling so smooth and soft. The thing I love best about this is that it doesn’t leave my skin feeling oily after use which is a huge plus point for me.

This is great for my dry skin, it keeps it well hydrated, it feels light and leaves my skin looking a lot better after use.

You can even use the moisturiser over make-up but I prefer to use this on a clean and bare face.

A pot of this lasts me 12 months which works out at just a couple of pounds per month.

Dooyoo Star Rating: 5/5

28.08.2014 21:28

Advantages

• "lightweight "
      • "fine grip"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• none

more power to the people .... or at least the DIYer

It looks like your standard cordless drill, being about 250mm long, 65mm wide and about 230mm in height, weighing in at no more than 3kg.
      It has a soft grip handle, meaning you can hold it for longer periods without blisters of your palm.
      The drill bit housing is right at the front and has what in the trade is called a key-less chuck, with this one being rather easier to handle than most key-less chuck units, if I'm honest, as I can tighten of loosen the chuck with one hand, allowing the clutch of the drill to lock in place so that the back section of the chuck does not spin around as I turn the front section of it.
      Just behind the chuck there is the torque setting which are changed by simply turning the thick black ring and selecting the number that you feel gives the right torque for the job in hand.
      Right on the top you'll see a black switch that can be slid forward or backwards. This is the gear shift slider that, when slid forwards gives you the higher gear, with pulling it back giving you the lower gears. This makes it a lot easier to drill through more things that may be more dense. Right on the top there is the gear select slider, from first gear to second gear, normal to hammer.
      There is a little light just above the trigger that shines on the area you're drilling/screwing. Then there's the reverse/forward slide button which is just up on the handle.
      On the bottom there is the battery housing, which the battery is slid and locked into place.

The specs....
      The battery is a 1.3Ah, 18volt lithium Ion battery for longer use between charges. It has 11 torque setting using a two gear system with a double sleeve key-less 10mm chuck
      It has a 3 hour charge from flat to fully charged and as the battery is Lithium Ion it holds its charge for longer in between uses.
      And it all comes in a plastic case to keep all the bits and bobs in.

It's easy to use, easy to change bits, nice and light and has the stamina of a greyhound whilst giving you the power of a steroid addict in the gym...and there's a nice little strap near the battery that helps you keep it on you if you lose grip of the handle

It cost about £80, give or take, and is money well spent for the power and the fact that the battery is a Li-Ion and will outlast many other batteries for stamina.

28.08.2014 21:21

Advantages

• "Love Colour"

Disadvantages

Beautiful Rose Gold Watch

I received this watch as a Christmas Present in 2013 and loved it. Really feel like the rose gold colour is beautiful for womens watches and am so glad i got that colour. I wear this watch everyday and looks great with everthing I wear, whether im going to work or out for the evening.
      As soon as i got the watch i took it too get adjusted as originally too big, and after removing two links.
      The only problem with the watch is that between the links its slightly discolored ans the bottom links have got small scratches (which are only noticeable when looking for them). However I think this is my own fault due to wearing everyday - and if your looking for a watch for special occasions this would be perfect. Although I have worn it everyday I don't regret this and should expect some wear as Im really getting the use out off it.
      Really recommend the watch to anyone clumsy like me! After always knocking and catching my wrist everyday ive not gotten any scratches on the watch face and any big scratches on the strap. The face is really strong and scratch free which I think is very important when it comes to watches! Also after clumsly jumping in a pool on holiday I was VERY relieved to discover its waterproof and was still fully functionable.

Would definatley recommend this beautiful rose gold watch to anyone looking to buy a gift for anyone, or just to treating themselves!

• checkmyfile.com / Internet Site / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      28.08.2014 21:01

Advantages

• " detailed"
      • " helpful"
      • " friendly"
      • " ease of use"
      • price

Disadvantages

Happily use this company over the other companies about and i have used them all

Great price really useful, helpful and easy to use. They have helped me resolve and issue with my bank putting credit footprints on they shouldnt have and managed to get my electoral information updated after months of trying. I would recommend this site and would happily use them in the future.

28.08.2014 21:00

Advantages

• "Beautiful Bottle"
      • "Lovely Smell"

Disadvantages

• "Big Cost"

Great Bottle, Great Fragrence

Really do recommend this perfume if your looking for a light but beautiful smelling fragrance. I often find the problem with perfumes is that the can be slightly overpowering, however this Marc Jacobs perfume is just the perfect strength. The fragrance is a light floral scent, which can be used on a daily basis or for special outings.
      Really think Marc Jacobs provides some of the nicest packaging for perfumes, and this Daisy oh Fresh doesn't disappoint!!
      The only disadvantage to the Daisy Eau So Fresh is the costly price. However I believe its worth it and can be a great product to buy when you fancy treating yourself!!
      Ive had this perfume for a couple of months so far and it really does last. Even though I haven't used it daily I have used it quite regularly and feel like theres still plenty left in the bottle. I tend to worry when it comes to buying perfumes about how long they will last, especially when they are a bit more expensive!! But im sure this bottle will last me a while longer yet.
      I usually wear this perfume on a regular day, so tend to apply whilst getting ready in my morning routine. And I tend to pop the perfume in my bag for a top up throughout the day, because although I feel like its long lasting I can sometimes feel like I need a bit extra throughout the day.
      But overall would definitely recommend this perfume! I absolutely love the bottle and the fragrance equally, which is enough for me to buy again!

• Being - Kevin Brooks / Junior Book / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.08.2014 19:58

Advantages

• "Truly Outstanding Writing"

Disadvantages

• none

Simply Outstanding Writing Yet Again From Kevin Brooks...

I bought this book after reading several others by Kevin Brooks such as Kissing the rain, Martyn Pig, Lucas, Black Rabbit Summer and Candy. After reading those, I just couldn't stop reading more of Kevin Brooks.
      The price is very reasonable if i do say so at around £4.00 when i bought it from amazon.co.uk but i believe that now you may find it at even better value.

This book honestly does take you on a truly high speed adventure and really makes you think about what is happening. It also Lures you into the action right from the very first page and withing the first chapter tension has already been built and you are left very excited to turn to the next page.

Without giving too much of the book away, the story follows a boy named Robert who has gone into hospital needing an operation on his stomach after an x-ray that left doctors confused. Whilst the operation is taking place, Robert begins to wake up hearing voices that worry him about what it is that is inside of him. After some dramatic action in the surgery room Robert breaks free and reunites with an old friend who helps him to stay undercover and helps him escape the country. But how does Robert manage in Spain with a group of men in suits after him?
      Well you'll have to buy the book won't you!
      I certainly recommend that you do and can guaranty that if you love and bit of mysterious action then you will adore this book as much as i do.

• Entangled - Cat Clarke / Junior Book / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.08.2014 19:35

Advantages

• "Written by a fantastic author."
      • "Well worth the price."
      • "Brilliant read and takes you on a rolacoaster ride of emotion"

Disadvantages

• "May be a little heavy for some."

One on the best reads available. A beautiful story!

I bought this book from Ebay.co.uk for around £4.00 and goodness it was so worth it. I bought if after reading two other of Cat Clarke's books (Torn and Undone, the books written after Entangled) as I enjoyed them so much. i was also very attracted to the blurb as this book sound just like something I would normally read.

Entangled ~Cat Clarke~ is by far on of my all time Favorite reads. from the very beginning of the book you are taken by Grace (Main character) and lured into her dramatic life story after she wakes up in a white room with only pens and paper.

The way the book is written makes the reader able to feel as though they are a part of the story and really make you engage with Grace's life and the twisted events she has been through. Also Cat Clarke has made every aspect of the story incredible deep and she really makes you feel sorry for Grace.

There is nothing i could really say about this book that would do it justice because it's just so brilliant! But i will say that you must read this book, and if you haven't? Well you're truly missing out.

I would 100% recommend Entangled to anyone perhaps over the age of 14? As some of the subjects covered in Grace's life are quite delicate and deep.

All in all, an amazing read and well worth the money. Also gets you hooked from the start which is always good when reading!

5* read

28.08.2014 18:42

Advantages

• simple

Disadvantages

• none

Simple and light

I'm a bit of a beauty junkie and am a sucker for their marketing and so have a big selection of different lotions and potions although I belive each has its certain time and use and can achieve different things for me. For example, I like to use oil on my face and hair at night time but will use a thicker cream also for overnight and then a lighter cream during the day.

One of my favourite light face creams is this hydrating light moisturiser from Simple. I love Simple beauty products because, as the name suggests, they are simple, with no colours or no fragrances so they are very kind to your skin, especially the delicate skin on your face which is why I like this moisturiser so much.

Simple say, "When your skin's happy and fresh faced, you feel healthier and happier too!

Our Hydrating Light Moisturiser is a perfect blend of ingredients to help keep your skin replenished and hydrated. Perfect for even sensitive skin."

I love this lotion because it really is nice and light and not heavy and thick like a night cream. Although thick creams definitely have their place in my beauty routine, I like using this moisturiser in the morning because it leaves my face feeling moisturised but light enough to be able to apply my make up without my face feeling heavy, weighed down or clogged.

The cream is clean and white and I only need a couple of dabs to cover my whole face and leave it feeling nice and even. Almost as soon as I've applied it I can't feel it on my face which is lovely. Simple day that this cream contains vitamin goodness for naturally healthy skin. There are 2 vital vitamins and 2 skin loving ingredients and by looking at the list of ingredients I can see things like Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Glycerin and Borage Seed Oil, helps to moisturise and soften the skin.

All in all a great light moisturiser.

• The Garden of Words / DVD / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.08.2014 18:30

Advantages

• "make we even think about our life"
      • "the story was make us spechless"
      • "the graphic was awesome"

Disadvantages

• "the ending no categorized as good ending"

this movie was awesome, Makoto Shinkai was too good

Genre : Drama, Romance, Slice of life
      Company: CoMix Wave Inc.
      Format: Movie
      Duration: 46 Minutes
      Dates: May 31, 2013

The Anime Movie director Makoto shinkai again release masterpiece anime movie with the title Kotonoha no Niwa in Japan or Garden of words in English. After success with the previous heart-warming and emotional movie titled 5 centimeter per second, this movie was also really emotionally in the story.

Story : The two protagonist of this movie are Akizuki Takao and Yukino Yukari. They both first meeting was in the rainy morning in a beautiful park. Yukari will help Takao to reach his dream to become professional shoe maker. Yukari even buy expensive shoe making tutorial book for Takao she also ask him to measure her feet. After understanding Yukari more, Takao decided to support Yukari's life by always accompany her in her depression.
      As a teacher Yukari often bullied by third year girls student in her school, as the result of their bullied, yukari has to leave her school.
      Takao and Yukari develop their feeling under the small hut in the park, as the rain falling down, their feeling were blooming slowly like the cheery blossom.

Graphic/Animation : Every movie produced by Makoto Shinkai has nice animation details, even the small part in the movie was designed carefully to produce masterpiece anime movie.

My opnion about this movie overall was very nice movie, because like the previous Shinkai movie, he successfully draw us to enter their world and story, this is the heart-warming movie, that will make you a little speechless after watching this movie

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown