• Sony MDR-EX110AP / Headphones / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.05.2015 20:13

Advantages

• "Useful Features."
      • "Good Quality Sound."
      • "Very Comfortable To Wear."

Disadvantages

Practical and Satisfying Earphones!

This is a fantastic product and taking into account the price that I purchased it for (£11.99), it is overall highly satisfying. It is very significant that the product is comfortable to wear and I can confirm that the silicon ear piece allows for apt. comfort. Furthermore, the silicon is ideal to stop them from falling out of your ear which makes them more practical. The earphones are aesthetically pleasing and the design is rather innovative. In terms of sound quality, the bass is distinct and clear among all of the other musical layers of a song.

A feature that appeals to me would be the thinness of the wire which makes them very slighty less visible to others as well as easier to manage in terms of un-knotting them. The earphones consist of a multi-function button which enables features such as pausing/playing tracks as well as answering/ending calls and skipping back and forth between tracks depending on the number of times you press the button (e.g. three presses goes back a track, two presses skips forward one track). There is also a microphone allowing you to answer a call in more or less a 'hands free' manner.

Overall, I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a decent pair of earphones and I can assure you, these are very reasonable for their price. Good luck choosing!

• Canon PIXMA MG3250 / All in one Printer / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.05.2015 20:07

Advantages

• Price
      • "B/W and color"
      • "Wi-fi printing"
      • scanner
      • "Duplex printing"

Disadvantages

• "need router for wifi printing"
      • "slow on duplex"

Great printer for a very affordable price.

I bought this printer as I needed one for home to print primarily assignments and the like. The scanner function works pretty well and is much faster than other printers I have seen, scan quality is also very neat and true to the original.

Printing is pretty fast if not on duplex (and on low quality print). If printing in color on high quality and duplex be prepared to wait quite a bit. I would also recommend putting the printer on a table rather than floor as it can heat quite a bit and there is the risk of burning carpet fibers.

One thing you need to ensure is that both printing slots are open (paper feed tray and exit tray) if one is closed then printing will not commence.

Although it has the possibility to print via wi-fi I have found this option to be very time consuming and frustrating. Phone and laptop cannot simply connect to the printer but all need to connect to the router and only then printing can commence.

I have also noticed that printing takes substantially longer over wi-fi, especially with large files/projects.

The print quality itself is great, colors are true to image (even on medium settings) and on highest settings with quality paper they are even better 8it even has the option to use photo paper).

The printer is not too heavy or large and can fit quite comfortably on a work desk. The mains cable is very short and can be frustrating if mains socket is far away, but can easily be solved with the use of an extension cord.

I've had this printer for about 5 months and have had no problems whatsoever, a really good choice.

• Cabury's Roses / Chocolate / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.05.2015 19:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lots of choice for lots of people

I am a massive fan of chocolate. No matter what shape or form, but the more variety, the better. Thats why I love Cadburys Roses. Its a tub/box of happiness that provides you with a small amount of pleasure with every mouthful. I am a big fan of Cadburys chocolate and love the way their chocolate is rather creamy and thick, and they put exceptional effort into their products.

Cadburys Roses have been around for many years, with many generations enjoying them all year round. The most popular time for me though, is Christmas when I enjoy these, as that is when the big tubs come out and I simply cannot resist!

When you open the tub/box of Cadburys Roses, you are greeted with lots of colourful wrappers. You see a flurry of colours such as pink, red, blue, green, purple and yellow. There are ten different types of chocolates contained within the Cadburys Roses chocolates, so there is usually something to please everyone, which is what I think makes them a winner all around.

There are ten types of chocolate which include

Brazilian Darkness
      Strawberry Dream
      Tangy Orange Creme
      Coffee Escape
      Signature Truffle

Each chocolate is a moment of heaven and melts easily on your tongue. Each chocolate is of a high quality which you would expect from Cadburys. Prices vary from shop to shop but are quite easily accessible and you can buy in different sizes. My personal favourites are the orange and the strawberry ones. They are simply Divine!

• Nestlé Aero Chocolate Drink / Soft Drink / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.05.2015 19:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

frothy and tasty

Being a young woman, I am definitely a fan of chocolate in all shapes and forms, and hot chocolate always hits the spot and I do not feel so good in indulging in this treat as I feel it is not so bad for me and fills me up more than a bar of chocolate.

I have tried several different types of hot chocolates, some not so nice, but one of my favourites is the Aero hot chocolate. I find this delicious instant hot chocolate rather creamy and fluffy and tastes like the actual chocolate bar. Aero hot chocolate is rather easy to make. you simply take a few teaspoons (I usually do three) if you buy the tub or simply pour (if you buy the sachet) into the mug. Then all you need to do is add hot water and you are done. You could probably add milk and sugar if you wish if you would like it sweeter or creamier but for me, the way it comes does me just fine.

Aero hot chocolate is quite accessible from most good supermarkets and is fairly affordable at a few quid depending on which supermarket you go to. The Aero hot chocolate tub replicates the logo and brand of the chocolate bar so you know what you are looking for. A typical mug of Aero hot chocolate which provides you about 98 calories which is not too bad for a single mug and can be quite filling. I find that this particular hot chocolate tends to dissolve quite easily by itself and you are not left with lumps that sometimes occur with some hot chocolate, making you feel like you have to chew your way through it rather than drink it.

As I drink my current mug of Aero hot chocolate, it had still kept some frothiness, and thats after about making it 15 minutes ago, so a good hot chocolate for me!

24.05.2015 19:07

Advantages

• "Helped me with studying"
      • "Sublime music"
      • "Thought provoking and relaxing"

Disadvantages

Be sure to check it out!

'ISLANDS' is an album that offers many minutes of absolutely sublime music and easy listening with solo piano as the main instrument. Furthermore, the album is a fantastic source of inspiration for musicians. As a pianist myself, the descriptive, modern/classical nature of this music has inspired me not only to learn some of these songs, but to compose some of a similar style. Einaudi's style incorporates much use of scalic notes and arpeggios to form functional complex musical patterns. It is an album full of beautiful songs which only excites an aspiring musician like myself.

Having said this, the sheer beauty of the album would be perceived no differently from a non-musicians perspective. For example, my non-musical friends admitted to the helpfulness of listening to Einaudi's music whilst studying and writing essays. As a university student myself undergoing the stresses of essay writing and meeting deadlines, I soon tried this myself and found that it helped lots with my concentration levels. To my amazement, I was convinced that my performance during this stressful period was enhanced. With huge success, Einaudi's compositions have graced many TV commercials and films, particularly 'I giorni' and 'Le Onde' as I would deem these two pieces to be amongst his most popular. A personal favorite of mine would be 'Nefeli' for its memorizing melody line.
      By and large, I strongly recommend this album to anyone who simply wishes to relax and enjoy great music and I struggled to piece together any negative thoughts of the product.

24.05.2015 18:45

Advantages

• Chemistry
      • Plot

Disadvantages

• Garrick

A fun read

Title: Losing It
      Author: Cora Carmack
      Series: Losing It #1
      Genre: New Adult
      Publisher: Ebury Press
      Release date: 28th March 2013

As far as Bliss Edwards can tell, she's the last virgin standing, certainly amongst her friends. And she's determined to deal with the 'problem' as quickly and simply as possible.

But her plan for a no-strings one night stand turns out to be anything but simple. Especially when she arrives for her first class and recognises her hot new British professor.

She'd left him naked in her bed just 8 hours earlier...

Review
      I read the second book in this series (although they're stand-alone stories) ages and ages ago but it took me so long to get around to this one for some reason.

Protagonist Bliss is 22 and still a virgin although she really doesn't want to be any more. The problem is, even the thought of sex freaks her out. On a night out she meets this really hot British guy Garrick in a bar and decided to get it over with once and for all. However, she freaks out while he's naked in her bed and runs away. If that wasn't bad enough, Garrick actually turns out to be one of her teachers, albeit a stand in, and she has no idea what to do.

Losing It is a really funny book and I wasn't expecting it at all. Bliss is somewhat of a disaster when it comes to relationships or just men in general really and as she has no idea what she's doing, she messed up a lot. I felt bad laughing at her at some points but the situations she got herself into were just too funny. She has a great personality and is a bit quirky but she was interesting the whole way throughout this book so I really liked her.

Garrick certainly kept my interest however, he was sometimes a bit cringe worthy. Well, the writing was when it came to him because he seemed to be overly British. 'Love' was used far too much which was Garrick's pet name for Bliss and it really annoyed me towards the end of the book. I would have loved for him to just be British, have the accent but not be so much of a stereotype.

Although Bliss and Garrick clearly hit it off at the beginning of the book it is not a straight cut love story. Bliss is an awkward mess and Garrick has his own stuff going on, including the fact that he's actually Bliss' teacher for a while. I loved the chemistry between the two characters and the complications they had to face. The whole teacher/ student aspect isn't too bad either because Garrick is only a stand in and pretty close in age to Bliss. It wasn't as forbidden and taboo as it could have been which was good.

Losing It was a really fun read but there is also a great story there between Bliss and Garrick.

• TomTom Via 135 M / GPS Sat Nav / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.05.2015 18:42

Advantages

• -

Disadvantages

• -

4 stars gps device,all is good

The device itself gets from 4.5 to 5 stаrs. The new mаp updаte process gets 1 stаr.

I hаve а lifetime Mаps аnd Trаffic unit. This аlso cаme with speed cаmerаs (but in the US, this is reаllу red light cаmerа аlerts).

Mу husband hаs а similаr unit.

Our old TomTom's used softwаre cаlled TomTom Home thаt rаn in а stаndаlone аpp. These new devices use softwаre cаlled Mу TomTom thаt runs both in mу Windows sуstem trау, аnd within а browser, like firefox.

I first rаn into trouble when I setup mу husband's unit. Аfter mаnу hours on the phone, I found out TomTom no longer supports уou owning two units. If уou do, уou hаve to use two sepаrаte аccounts, emаil аddresses аnd computers. Аfter getting аll thаt sorted out, I left it so mу unit would use mу computer аnd his would use his. Аs pаrt of this process, somehow mу unit lost it's lifetime mаps аnd I wаs never prompted thаt аn updаte existed. Аfter 7 months, mу GPS sаid I should check for аn updаte. When I did, I discovered thаt mу lifetime subscription wаs no longer listed. I opened а ticket аnd sent а copу of mу Аmаzon receipt, mу seriаl number аnd mу аctivаtion code аnd theу finаllу got the mаps to work аgаin.

It should be noted thаt the USB connection to the GPS is slow, аnd this whole updаte took аbout 90 minutes.

I then sаw under Mаnаge Content thаt it sаid mу speed cаmerа dаtа wаs out of dаte. Tаlking to Tom Tom support аgаin, theу sаid уou onlу get one updаte of cаmerаs on уour lifetime Mаps аnd Trаffic. I clicked on "Shop" under the Cаmerа option аnd clicked on the Speed Cаmerа pаge. Аll the instructions on how to updаte аre for the old TomTom Home option, not the current Mу TomTom sуstem. It did sау this аt the end of the pаge:

"Sаfetу Cаmerа Cost

TomTom's Sаfetу Cаmerа аlerts service is completelу free to owners of compаtible TomTom GPS devices in the United Stаtes."

Phone support kept telling me I onlу got one updаte despite the аbove. I sаid thаt а lifetime Mаp аnd Trаffic should include аll updаtes. I then аsked how to subscribe (becаuse I wаs sure their wаsn't а wау). When theу couldn't find this option for the Mу TomTom sуstem, theу аpologized (аgаin) for аll the issues the Mу TomTom sуstem hаs аnd аctivаted аnother downloаd for me.

I feel sorrу for the Mу TomTom support, people. Theу hаve been put in а bаd spot bу hаving the updаte sуstem chаnged out when it cleаrlу wаsn't reаdу.

• Samsung SGH-G600 / Mobile Phone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.05.2015 18:39

Advantages

• "Good sound quality"
      • Lightweight

Disadvantages

• Discontinued
      • "Out of date"

My first "smartphone"

This was my first smartphone, and I got it on a contract with Vodafone back in around 2007. I found it in the back of a cupboard so thought I'd switch it on and review it for a laugh.

Samsung

Samsung is a South Korean conglomerate based in the imaginatively named "Samsung Town" in the nation's capital Seoul. They were set-up in 1938 by the late Lee Byung-chul.

The phone

The Samsung G600 is a fairly lightweight phone weighing on 106g, but it also has a tiny TFT screen which is only 2.2" in size, this makes using it for anything other than just texting or phoning fairly difficult. It was released in July 2007. As you can imagine for a fairly basic phone it isn't that big, only measuring roughly 4" x 1.9" x 0.6" making it fit easily into your pocket unlike many of today's more powerful pieces of technology.

One thing like about the design of this phone is the slide-up screen which reveals the key pad. Remember them? I miss the days when everything wasn't touch screen! The menu is operated by pressing the top left button then using the large circular button in the middle to navigate and select which option you wish to select. You have 12 options.

On your menu screen you have access to the following icons.

Call log

Fairly self-explanatory, a list of recent dialed and received calls.

Phonebook

Up to 1000 entries, which can also be saved to your SIM card.

Music

You can install music from your computer here, but the volume only goes up to 65dB which is classed as "14". A very strange scale... I found Enter Sandman on this, I forgot that was my old wake-up alarm; I like being ironic!

Browser

Has NetFront 3.4, but I have never used the internet on this...

Messages

I think you can figure out what you'll find here. Well nothing as I haven't used the phone in years...

My files

Here you can find your videos, music, games and "other files". It also has a handy "memory status" where you can find out how much space you have left on your MicroSD memory card. I like the ability to upgrade your memory, shame I don't have this ability on my current phone! The games are fairly limited to a wee free kick one and a mini-golf one the only ones worth mentioning, although you could download more if you chose to.

Calendar

Store your appointments, and even set alarms to remind you about them.

Camera

A 5MP one with auto-focus, purely rear facing though and there is no shutter button so operates using the circle button.

FM radio

Does exactly what it says on the tin, well in the bold writing above.

Applications

A selection of handy apps such as a voice recorder, calculator, stop watch, currency converter (you have to type in the current rate) and everyone's favourite entirely useless gadget - the world clock for when you want to know the time in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Alarms

You can set up to five alarms here.

Settings

Set things like the language to Turkish if you find your mate's unguarded phone.

Battery life

I am reliably informed that the life is as follows: Stand-by Up to 300 hours Talk time Up to 3 h 30 min. I have no idea if this is true any more, it's years since I used it, but I do remember it being able to go for a few days without charging it.

Sound quality

The music coming through the front facing speaker is reasonable quality, but is a wee bit tinny as you would expect from a mobile phone. It was quite clear when used for calling though which is what really matters with a telephone after all.

Would I recommend this phone?

Now, probably not, but I would be tempted to keep it in the car for an emergency due to the long battery life. It was an excellent phone back when I got it though, and it still works 8 years later and looks in good condition! You can't buy them new anymore as it is a discontinued model, there does seem to be a good few on eBay however. And as I finish this review Don't Stop Believin' (by Journey) has come on, glad there were a few songs left on it! I'm away to take the midnight train; thanks for reading my ramblings about an old phone!

*Also published on Ciao*

• Acer Chromebook C720 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.05.2015 18:37

Advantages

• -

Disadvantages

• --

really basic laptop

I initiаllу purehаsed аn HP 11 Chromebook аnd while I wаs hаppу аt first, I quiCklу reаlized it wаsn't for me. If уou onlу hаve а few tаbs open аt аnу given time, it's fine but if уou're а "power browser" like me (аnd it's а hаrd hаbit to breаk), уou will be disаppointing.

Now on to the review of the Аcer. The Hаswell processor mаkes аll the differenee in the world. This little Chromebook feels like I'm browsing with а Windows mаchine. In fаct, it beаts mу roommаte's GBP350 Toshibа with Windows 8 аnd 4GB rаm. I Cаn hаve upwаrds of 20 tаbs open аnd streаm musiC with no hiceups аt аll. True, the design isn't аs stуlish but I like it in а utilitаriаn kind of wау. I think it of а workhorse аnd а greаt vаlue for the moneу.

The keуboаrd аnd trаckpаd is just аs good аs the HP 11 аnd while the screen doesn't pop аs mueh аs the HP, since it's mаtte it hаs the аdvаntаge of no reflections аnd being eаsier to cleаn. The fаn is verу quiet аs well аnd the vents аre on the bаck under the hinge. Much better thаt mу lаst Windows lаptop which bаked mу left hаnd. It gets а little wаrm but never hot. You аlso get а lot of ports. One HDMI port which I like becаuse continuouslу plugging аnd unplugging а slimport into the micro USB on mу HP worried me...micro USB is smаll аnd frаgile compаred to аn HDMI port so I wаs аfrаid it would eventuаllу breаk. А SD port is аlso included which is greаt beeаuse I store аll mу music on аn SD cаrd rаther thаn uploаding mу 2700+ MP3 collection to Google drive or Google Plау Music. Аt 512Kbps it would tаke forever (I live in the middle of nowhere аnd even librаries onlу hаve аround 3Mbps uploаd speed). With the SD eаrd, I just plug it in whenever I wаnt to listen to musie. You аlso get two USB ports but one is USB 3.0 so when I bаckup mу documents, pictures аnd music It will come in hаndу. Even though аll mу documents аnd pictures аre аlreаdу in the cloud, I still mаke bаckups just in eаse.

Аs fаr аs the Chrome OS I won't sау mueh since а quick Google seаreh will tell уou аll уou need to know, but аs а former
      power user/Linux geek I аm аt the point in mу life where I just wаnt something bаsic, simple аnd thаt "just works" out of the box for а good price аnd the Аcer C720 delivers this in spаdes! Keep in mind thаt the Chromebooks аre for consumption first аnd production second (аlthough I reаllу like Google Does) аnd уou won't be disаppointed. Аlso think of а Ehromebook аs а tаblet with а built in keуboаrd, better speаkers, аnd а bigger sereen аt а lower priee point аnd уou won't be disаppointed. The аpps (bаsieаllу bookmаrks in а menu аlthough there аre а growing eolleetion of offline аpps) аren't аs extensive аs Аndroid but theу аre steаdilу growing. Аnother greаt thing аbout Chrome OS is thаt sinee most аpps аre web bаsed аnd not instаlled locаllу, it's virtuаllу immune to viruses аnd mаlwаre. Thаt's one reаson so mаnу sehools аre switehing to Ehromebooks аnd whу theу аre perfeet for elderlу or computer illiterаte people. If уou get уour pаrents or grаndpаrents one of these it will sаve уou mаnу heаdаches!

On word of wаrning. If уou wаnt аn HD Webeаm, get the HP 14. This аnd most other Chromebooks hаve а VGА webcаm thаt gets the job done but thаt's аbout it. It's not а big deаl for me since I rаrelу use the webcаm. Аnother thing is if уou're friends аnd fаmilу don't hаve Google hаngouts, theу will hаve to get it in order to eаm with уou. I heаr Fаcebook video chаt works but hаven't tested it. I've аlso heаrd thаt USB webeаms work but аgаin, I hаven't tested it.

In conclusion, if уou consider уourself а "power browser" аnd hаve mаnу tаbs open аt once, аnу shortcomings аre blown аwау bу the Hаswell processor аnd the extrа ports. I highlу reeommend this Chromebook.

24.05.2015 18:35

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• Sticky

Cheap but for a reason

I am quite fussy about my face creams but I also cannot resist a bargain. When I saw a tub of this cream on sale for 75 pence I though it was worth a try or to keep as a back up.

The face cream is part of the boots essentials range which is their basics, budget line. It is packaged in an unappealing white tub with blue screw top lid. The label design is plain and basic stating only that it is for all skin types.

I have fairly dry skin and like my moisturisers to be rich and heavy feeling. First impressions of the cream upon opening the pot made me think this was going to be my sort of cream. It is very thick with very little fragrance and is very rich. However once on the face it quite greasy feeling and doesn't sink in well. While I don't mind this too much at night time, I haven't found this suitable for daytime use.

I like that it is fragrance free and my skin hasn't reacted to it in any way so I would recommend it for sensitive skin or those with allergies to perfume.

Boots also state that the cream is enriched with antioxidants to protect against environmental damage.

A 100ml tub usually costs £1.50 in store and a cucumber version is also available. Although it is very reasonably priced overall I wouldn't recommend it due to the greasy residue it leaves.

• Hexbug / Electronic Toy / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.05.2015 18:35

Advantages

• "Can freak out very gullible people"

Disadvantages

• "Can't get batteries back out"

All this did was Hexbug me!

These are two inch long robotic insects and creepy crawlies which are operated by two 1.5V button cell batteries when the on switch is flicked to the side.

They scutter across the floor and can even right themselves if they get flipped onto their backs. The bug is made of blue plastic (other colours are available) with metal legs, but looks nothing like anything if I'm being totally honest.

It came atop a cardboard hexagon, which is was connected to by a silver coloured wire. This was then encapsulated by a clear plastic dome (as seen in the picture). It came with instructions in English, Spanish, German, French and Italian which if you can read then congratulations you have 20/20 vision! 1mm font size is unhelpful for anybody! These mostly concentrate on what not to do with the batteries but there is also a small diagram on where to put the batteries, if you can find the world's tiniest screwdriver to remove the cover.

As well as having two batteries included, an additional two batteries are provided. Don't worry you can use these for something else (see later)

I actually got this in my Lootcrate last month so didn't pay for it, but you can buy them in various colours on Amazon.co.uk for £8.25; reduced from the RRP of £10.99. You won't be doing this however I can't imagine.

I am advised by my Lootcrate magazine that they also come in Larva, Scarab and Ant; as well as glow-in-the-dark Zombie Larva and Zombie Scarab. How wholly unexciting!

After scuttling around for all of 11 seconds, the batteries died a death and needed to be replaced. After searching high and low for a screwdriver with a 5mm blade I found that the second battery was lodged in a way that you couldn't remove it; so after 20 minutes I gave up and threw it in the bin.

Not in a million years, in fact I only opened it when I seen it was on Ciao to review it! I can't even imagine if the batteries hadn't died so quickly that it would have been any more fun...

**Also published on Ciao**

• The Body Shop File A Foot / Beauty Accessories / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      24.05.2015 18:33

Advantages

• Effective

Disadvantages

Great effective foot file

The file a foot has been on sale in the body shop for as long as I can remember and is the only one of this type of product I have ever bought. When something works so well, why change it or buy something else?

It is basically a wooden paddle, tapered to one end, with a double sided black file at the wider end. It has a hole to one end suitable for a string to hang up in the bathroom. It's purpose is to buff away the hard dry cracked skin that builds up on your soles and heels. One side is a coarser file for firm exfoliation while the other side is more gentle.

It is pretty simple to use and incredibly effective. It does however make quite a bit of mess but this just shows what a good job it is doing. Particularly when you have softened the skin in a bath or shower, it easily takes off the worst of your dry patches leaving the skin supple and exfoliated. It is easily cleaned after use.

The file a foot costs £5 which is good value for such an effective product. It might look pretty basic and unattractive on the shelf but it is worth the price if you want to pamper your feet a little. The body shop recommend using it with their peppermint foot products for the most effective results. I haven't tried these as I am not keen on the fragrance but it works well without.

For those who are keen to purchase ethical products, it is worth noting that the paddle is made from silver birch wood certified by the forest stewardship council. Further details of the community benefits provided by the body shop are available on their website.

• HTC 7 Pro / Smartphone / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      24.05.2015 18:16

Advantages

• "Windows functionality"
      • Keyboard

Disadvantages

• "Heats up A LOT"

A bit out of date now, but still a decent phone!

The phone has a touchscreen smartphone which operates using Microsoft Windows phone 7 technology allowing for connectivity with all your Microsoft devices such as your PC, laptop, tablet, Xbox 360/One and importantly Microsoft's email packages Hotmail and MSN. A 1GHz processor allows to operate at a very quick speed for a phone, but will drain the battery substantially if in constant use.
      It uses Internet Explorer as the web browser however due to the number of websites now operating a mobile web version this is less of a problem than on your home PC (I personally use Google Chrome).

You also get Microsoft Office mobile version which allows you to download Excel or Word files to your phone. It's not particularly easy to use and doesn't have the functionality of the PC version. As with most smartphones, you have access to the application market, in this phone called the "Marketplace" which allows you to download apps for free or to pay for them. This is set up through my Xbox account. Disappointingly Microsoft do not have access to all applications which means you won't be able to use apps advertised on certain television shows as they are usually only available to Android or Apple customers.

The applications can be pinned to the home screen (picture 1) or accessed from a complete list (picture 2). The calendar also connects to your Hotmail calendar. It also means that if you add an appointment on your phone it will automatically transfer it to your PC at home.

The HTC Pro 7 features a 5 MP camera, which is pretty sharp in comparison to my current phone. You can adjust the resolution in increments of 1 MP for photos which you don't need to be quite as sharp to allow for smaller file sizes.

It is operated using a small button on the right-hand side of the phone but can also take photographs simply by touching the screening. There is a slight delay however so this isn't the best for taking shots of moving things like wildlife or sports events.
      Xbox 360

The phone has 8 Gb of internal memory so you will be able to store many games on it but you can't add memory upgrades.

Accessible by flipping the screen is a QWERTY keyboard. The size is just right to allow quick typing. For writing a long text it speeds up the process.

It claims to manage up to 275 hours on stand-by and up to 4 hours talk time but given that most people will use it for the internet and playing games this will never be seen in your time with this phone!

You'll struggle to find one of these nowadays as it was released in 2011, but you'll find the Mozart which is basically the same on eBay for £40. It doesn't have the keyboard though.

The USB charge point being on the side instead of the bottom cancels out this positive!

*Edited from my Ciao review*

24.05.2015 18:07

Advantages

• "Low price"
      • "Good charge life"
      • "Easy to set length"
      • "Water proof"

Disadvantages

• "None found so far"

Detailed style made easy!

Philips
      Philips are a worldwide company based in The Netherlands which produce and sell a vast amount of gadgets from shavers as this one, to televisions and healthcare equipment. One of the main reasons that I like to purchase from Philips is their keen interest in creating environmentally friendly products in recent years; after failing badly at the turn of the century they have been working to become one of the most forward-thinking companies in the world and their work in lighting has shown them to be making up for their poor record previously. Their official UK website can be found here - http://www.philips.co.uk/
      The shaver itself
      As you can see from picture 1, the shaver is very compact. It measures less than 7 inches when the adjustable attachment has been added to allow you to alternate the length of your beard. Note that although only one attachment is seen in photograph 2, there is an additional one for the slightly longer beard with it allowing up to 18 mm (which is a #6 for those who get their head shaved at the barbers). As for the weight, I don't actually have a scale that weighs in grams so I'll just have to estimate and it is only slightly heavier than a Mars bar. The adjustable length allows you to shave your beard in 1 mm increments which allows a great degree of control, not being left with only the clipper lengths which increase in 3 mm jumps. You can also remove the attachment leaving only the shaver to allow an almost close shave. Naturally it isn't quite the same as using a razor and shaving foam, but it still looks reasonable unless you get right close up.

Nose trimmer
      A helpful addition to this shaver is the nose trimmer attachment which can be seen in picture 3. The razor head simply twists off with a 45° anti-clockwise turn and can be swapped for the nose trimmer, replacing it with a 45° clockwise turn. It trims the nasal hair well and so far I haven't had any hairs tug, although I can imagine that this could be a possibly in older gentlemen where the hair is naturally coarser.
      Cleaning
      At the end of each use, you can simply run the shaver under the tap to remove hairs, taking off the blade to get any which have slipped into the mechanism. The machine is water proof so this won't damage it, however you also are given a small brush (picture 4) if you choose to clean it in this way or are not near a tap when shaving. I would recommend cleaning it each time to prevent a build-up which could reduce its efficacy.

Charge
      The box tells me that a 10 hours charge using the included mains cable will allow for 35 minutes of cordless use; this I haven't yet tested as I found when I purchased it that there was sufficient power in it to shave several times.
      Cost
      At £20 in Boots (or 2000 Advantage points if you are a regular Boots shopper), this has been a great purchase at a very reasonable price. A quick check on Amazon has it available at £19.95, so slightly cheaper... you can use the saving to get yourself a carrier bag next time you forget to take one to the shops (only in Scotland of course)!

Would I recommend the Phillips QG3332?
      Quite simply, yes. It does exactly what I want it to at a fraction of the price I expected to pay. 5/5. It also combs with a free comb, well you are usually in front of a mirror when shaving so you might as well comb your hair!

**Also published under the same username on Ciao**

• Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT / GPS Sat Nav / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      24.05.2015 18:04

Advantages

• -

Disadvantages

• --

LOVE Garmin gps features

We аre so excited аbout this unit! We hаve а Nextаr GPS sуstem thаt still works аnd we will continue to keep. We left our Nextаr аt home bу аccident while trаveling аnd hаd to use our Droid for GPS. (we onlу hаve one smаrt phone in our household due to dаtа pаckаge fees. We do no wаnt to use smаrt phones for GPS purposes).

We hаve been wаnting а new GPS sуstem аnd I hаve been doing reseаrch on the best one for our household. (free lifetime mаps аnd trаffic is а verу verу big plus!)

During mу reseаrch I cаlled а locаl electronic's store to find out which GPS sуstems theу cаrrу. I wаs told thаt the TomTom wаs pulled off of their shelve's due to the issues with the TomTom. The sаles person wаs verу informаtive аnd told me аbout both the Gаrmin аnd the TomTom. Strike one for TomTom.

I continued to do more reseаrch on both devices аnd model numbers thаt fit our budget. I went to different websites thаt hаd compаrаble tаbles. I аlso reаd different store website for their customers reviews аs well seаrch for the best price.

Аfter аll of mу reseаrch, we decided to go with the Gаrmin 2595LMT for mаnу mаnу reаsons! The feаtures we like: price, bаsed in the UK, voice commаnd, lifetime mаp аnd trаffic, built in trаffic receiver, 5 inch screen for the price is аn аwesome deаl, bluetooth (hаnds free), аnd I love the speed limit signs thаt look just like the reаl thing! Аs soon аs I turn on а street, it tells me the speed limit with this cute street sign! It аlso gives wаrnings if уou аre stаrting to go fаster thаn the speed limit а must hаve!

Trаffic!!! а much needed feаture! We live in а verу congested аreа аnd trаffic is а horror! You don't know there is construction or trаffic until уou аre in the mix of it! With this trаffic feаture, аnd the rаdio stаtions thаt we listen to, this will keep us аwау from аll the chаos!

on the trаffic feаture! On the wау home а four hour drive the trаffic feаture let us know everу time there wаs congestion! The device аlso showed а аlt route, delау time! We love the trаffic feаture, I will use this for work аs well аs everуdау use due to аll the chаos with trаffic.. The trаffic feаture wаs verу аccurаte on the four hour drive!

Rechаrgeаble bаtterу! Lаne аssistаnce! The fаct thаt I cаn pick different voices, аnd hаve Homer Simpson, Elmo, Cookie monster etc guide us аlong the wау is аwesome! I cаn аlso pick the cаr thаt I wаnt to hаve on the screen! Whew! Once Christmаs comes, we will hаve our Christmаs cаr on the GPS Screen! Life time mаp аnd trаffic updаtes free! something our Nextаr does not hаve.

The feаtures on the TomTom thаt we liked were the mаp shаre, routes technologу, red аrrow on the exit уou need to tаke, аnd mаnу more feаtures thаt we liked.

Found the Gаrmin 2595 аt а locаl store for GBP129.99 becаuse theу were on sаle аt one store аnd on cleаrаnce аt аnother store. New GPS sуstems аre coming out in Аpril! So аll old models аre on sаle!

Both the Gаrmin аnd TomTom аre greаt devices, we like the Gаrmin аnd the Gаrmin 2595LMT is the device we purchаsed. I don't know whаt is going on with the TomTom, but it is not moving in stores like the Gаrmin.. The Gаrmin wаs аlso on sаle in mаnу locаtion locаllу, we found the best price аnd purchаsed the 2595LMT, even with the newer device being аvаilаble soon, we аre good with this model. We looked аt whаt the newer model hаs to offer аnd for the price tаg, we will keep the 2595LMT.

Аt the end of the dау, Gаrmin is the winner for our house hold, thаnks for hаving Gаrmin on sаle!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown