• Nurofen Tablets / Pain Relief / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2014 21:08

Advantages

• "Gives relief"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive "

Good but too expensive

Nurofen is a band name for the product ibuprofen. They have been cleaver in theiir masrketing campaign as many people do think that nurofen is actually the name of the product rather than the brand.

When you buy nurofen over an own brand ibuprofen product you are paying a lot more for exactly the same product. So, I think it is really a waste of money. Tesco sell their own brand ibuprofen for about 25p whereas you can pay around £2;50 for nurofen. This is a massive mark up you are paying just for paackaging and an effective masrketing campaign.

Nurofen and ibuprofen tablets are sugar coated as they can be harsh on your stomach. As a result if you have a sensitive stomach it is advisable to take them around a meal time. 2 tablets can be taken by adults up to every 4 hours.

I find ibuprofen really effective when I take them. I generally taste them when hungover, or when I get my monthly pains, and when my neck and shoulders are sore. Ibuprofen asbd nurofen are particularly effective on muscular aches and pains, much more so that's paracetamol. I also find that nurofen works quite quickly in comparison to paracetamol and other painkillers.

Because nurofen is harsh on stomachs it is not advisable to take this if you suffer from stomach ulcers. I am sure you are a also not supposed to take this if you suffer from aesthma. Of course always read the leaflet before taking any medication.

I will continue to take ibuprofen products but I will stick with own brand products because I don't see why you would pay extra for nurofen.

• direct.asda.com / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2014 20:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

• unsympathetic
      • "management do not call you back"
      • "rude staff"
      • "untrained staff"

i will never use asda again

I am so angry with Asda atm. I placed an order for some baby clothes which included a pk of 2 baby hats for £2.......... they delivered me 6 of these (inc the 1 i had ordered) and charged me for the extra 5 (£10). I called up on Monday to complain about this and the man on the phone blamed it all on me.........saying i must have ordered 6....... and asda's don't make mistakes like that. The call also lasted 30 minutes at 14p/m as every time i asked him a question he put me on hold to get the answer!! in the end i put the phone down and rang back to get another lady, who to be quite honest, was no more sympathetic but did advise me i could take the parcel to a collect+ shop and not just a store. i asked both of these workers to get a member of there management team to call me back.................. today is Friday and still no call back, and so i called them myself. Again at 14p/m.
      The lady i spoke to this morning was a lot more helpful........ i explained that i had incurred a £25 bank charge and now the 14p/m call charges were all adding up as well. She seemed a lot more sympathetic and told me that the only person that could help would be a member of management and she would put me through. After 5 minutes of waiting ( again at 14p/m ) i was informed that the manager was busy but would call me back within 2 hours. 8 and a half hours later and still no phone call!! i have called back now......... the team superior on shift informed me that they do not refund for call charges as it is free to call from a BT Landline....... (if the person was trained properly in his job from the first call, and could answer my questions my could would have taken 10 minutes........... as well as if a manager would have returned my call i would not have such high charges as i would not have to have rang back so many times). They also refunded me for the 5 hats that i have already returned ( very nice of them....... i am entitled to this anyway) and have now offered me an extra £10 voucher to spend online........ £10 does not compare to the call charges and bank charges i am going to be paying...... and all for a £2 pack of hats. I am so frustrated being 28 weeks pregnant, and i feel they have totally taken me for a ride. 3 management phone calls, of which i have never received and all i have been offered is £ 10 which i am obliged to spend with them. Shocking!!

25.07.2014 20:37

Advantages

• "good sillage"
      • "reasonable price"
      • summery
      • "rose and exotic"
      • "lasts quite well"

Disadvantages

Agent Provocateur EDP exotic and floral and a good price

The house of Agent Provocateur is mainly a luxury lingerie fashion house but this scent is their signature fragrance. This scent was created in 2000 by Christian Provenzano for Agent provocateur.

PACKING IT UP

The bottle is the shape of a tear drop or hand grenade rounded at the base and is sort of china not glass so not clear. It is a pink colour and pretty plain but feels nice to hold. The only problem with bottles like this is you can't see what you have left.

TAKE NOTE
      Top notes are magnolia and India saffron
      Middle notes are gardenia, vetivert from Haitti, Moroccan rose and Egyptian jasmine
      The base notes are Amber, musk and cedar
      MY THOUGHTS
      Initially I could not detect anything floral but I got a bit whiff of the saffron, not sweet at all but rather earthy.
      >>>bbb>>>
      After about half an hour the floral notes developed and I could smell the jasmine and gardenia which are both very strongly heady perfumed flowers. I loved this stage, it was also quite soapy and quite strong. It carried well around me.
      >>>bbb>>>
      After an hour or so the scent was still very evident and the woodier, musky notes are hanging in there and really lingering nicely with a lovely cedar and musky scent.
      >>>bbb>>>
      I just love this one me as it has the notes I love I in the right mix. I love rose when combined with woody cedar or vetivert or patchouli as it gives depth to the rose and this does just that. This doesn't actually have patchouli but almost smells like it has.
      >>>bbb>>>
      Many people hate this perfume but it works on me but I also do like original and unusual scents. This is rose but so much more, it isn't light and pretty and feminine . It is more dark, sexy and heady with depth from the base notes coming through.
      >>>bbb>>>
      I loved it from the rose and amber saffron herby opening through to lovely warm woody and rose almost incense rose dry down. I find it quite exotic, a but sexy and one for the ladies who want a darker, deeper perfume as opposed to the light flirty feminine florals.
      >>>bbb>>>
      It costs around £30 for the 30 ml bottle so not bad value for an eau de parfam and this does last quite well on me and does also have pretty good sillage and carries well so not bad I feel.
      >>>bbb>>>

Thanks for reading. This review may be posted on other sites under my same user name.

©Catsholiday

• Hotel Ibis (Southampton Centre) / Hotel National / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2014 20:20

Advantages

• "Free wifi"

Disadvantages

• "Not too great"

A just ok hotel

About a month ago I went to Southampton to see Dirty Dancing the musical with my mum and anty and this meant we needed to find a hotel for the night. We booked quite late for us, only a month before arriving and although our first choice was the Novotel we couldn't as it was fully booked, therefore we chose the Ibis as it was basically in the same convenient location and it was only for a night anyway.

I had not stayed in this chain of hotels before and wasn't sure what to expect so upon arrival I was very surprised to see it had only two stars considering it looked so nice inside. When we entered the Ibis it looked like a really lovely hotel and the downstairs bar and reception area made it look up to date and very modern. We arrived before check in time so the staff very kindly took our bags to the luggage room and off we went to go shopping.

After spending most of the day in town we returned to the hotel around half past three to check in and this was very quick and easy. We had booked two rooms and although we said we were not bothered they did give us two rooms with a connecting door which was convenient for us.

After checking in we collected our bags and got the lift to head up to our rooms. As the doors of the lifts opened upstairs I couldn't believe how different and cheap looking the upstairs of the hotel was. To get to our room we followed a faded red and green carpet with poppies down the centre and it looked awful and reminded me of the Wizard of Oz!!

When I walked in my room I was surprised at how small it was and there wasn't much floor space other than enough room to walk around the bed. It was a clean room although there was a penny I picked up from under the bed which they must've missed as it wasn't mine, (it is now!!) The bed was a double bed and just for myself and I thought it was quite comfy to sleep in although my mum did say she didn't find the bed in her room very comfortable at all. At the end of the bed there was a flat screen television on the wall, personally I'm not keen on televisions at the ends of beds but it was a good working television anyway and it was good enough for the short time I was there. There was a large mirror outside the bathroom which was useful but nowhere near a table if you were to put on make up. Near the window there was a kettle and two cups with tea, coffee etc. but I don't tend to drink hot drinks when I am away so my mum pinched them for her room. They were placed on a large table in front of the window with a chair and a place for luggage which was nice to put clothes on but I didn't really use the table or chair. There wasn't a bin under the table like most hotels I have stayed in though and only one in the bathroom which was a little annoying so I just threw rubbish on the floor until I got up to go to the bathroom (I know, that is lazy, especially as it's only on the other side of the bed!)

The bathroom was pretty basic but it was clean and good enough for its purposes. There was a bath / shower, toilet and sink and it was quite spacey inside. I had no problems with the shower however next door my anty was getting frustrated with the shower curtain which apparently kept getting in the way and as a result she had a massive puddle on the floor from pushing it away so many times. The bathroom had two towels, one smaller towel and a massive towel. This was fine for me but my mum came and took one of my towels as there wasn't really enough in her room for two people (especially when one is over the soaking wet floor!)

One thing that did frustrate me about the room was the location of the plugs, my mobile was seriously low on battery and however much I wanted to have my phone on the bedside table it wasn't happening as the plug felt like miles away. I ended up putting it on the windowsill to charge and whenever I wanted to know the time at night I had to get up to go and see. That is not convenient. The one thing I really liked about the hotel is that there was free Wifi and not just for half an hour like some places, for a day. Whenever I go away I am always desperate to access the internet but I can never find free wifi so I was far too excited to find out that I could use the internet there. I spent the rest of the afternoon watching YouTube without having to worry about a penny, perfect.

The following morning we checked out early to do some more shopping and I was pleasantly surprised not to be able to smell burnt toast in the lift (I hate that smell in the mornings!) We checked out and asked for our luggage to be stored whilst we went to the shops and was told that it would cost us £2 per piece of luggage as we were not technically staying in the hotel anymore. This really frustrated us and we couldn't believe they would actually charge for that reason when they don't if you ask before you check in. I have been to many hotels and not one of them has had the audacity to charge to keep bags after checking out.

Overall I think this hotel is mediocre, there are good points and bad points about it but I don't know that I would choose to stay here again if there was a choice. The one thing I did think upon arrival though is, if this hotel is only two stars I dread to think what the budget ibis is like?!

• Demonstration - Tinie Tempah / Music Album / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2014 20:19

Advantages

• "Amazing featured artists"
      • "Great lyrics"

Disadvantages

• " more shallow tracks"
      • "A few weaker"

Demonstration- demonstrates a great musical talent!

haven't bought the previous album, "Disc-overy" as rap didn't interest me at the time yet I pre-ordered this based on the song "Children of Sun", so I had a hunch the album would be good and saw the featured artists including, "Labrinth", "Emeli Sande", "Paloma Faith", "Laura Mvula" and "Ella Eyre" all of which I love so I stuck my neck out on this purchase , it was worth it.

He is classified as a grime artist, I have to disagree their is no grime , just rap/pop and thank god for that, too much going on about knife crimes would have killed me! The first song may actually be my favourite, "Someday(Place in the sun) ft.Ella Eyre" , the vocals provided by Ella are heart melting, like hot chocolate ,she gives the edge to this song. Produced by Ishi and co-written with Eric Turner (Written in the stars). The rapping is just amazing in this , it has the edge but is hard to explain. It's based upon how Tinie Tempah rose from the darkness of council estates to get where he is today and how much pain and stress it caused him , he knew that someday he would get there (His place in the sun).
      The second track "Trampoline featuring 2 chainz" is tiring to listen to , it's just a bit samey, I liked it at first but after listening to it 5,6 times I removed it from my favourite songs playlist as it got boring. I think its a general rule, any rapper who features on another rap track will make it unlistenable after a while just like "Shape ft Big Sean", and "Mosh Pit featuring Dizzee Rascal and Ty Dolla $ign" which although it;s good to have such big artists on his album, didn't do anything to me as again I felt the chorus annoyed me.

Now we've had the good, its not all good, so here's the bad, there's no ugly. Don't sell out is by far the worst song on the album, the intro is irritating, it sounds like a hindi person has had kids with a pikey and made the chorus, you'll see what I mean when you listen to it. Other tracks I'm not a fan of are "Down the Barrel" as it sounds too american and I prefer having an artist featured other than pete from down the road. "Witch doctor" is also tiring with the chorus as it sounds really cheesy and should have been replaced with another collaberation like the one he did with Ellie goulding "Hanging on". "5 minutes" is also not worth adding to a shuffle playlist as it is the 'hidden track' , so hidden you have to skip 40 seconds of nothingness to get to the actual songs of which the intro is annoying, but those are the only tracks really that let it down.
      The best songs on here are "Heroes ft.Laura Mvula", "Lost Ones ft Paloma Faith" and "A heart can save the world Ft.Emeli Sande" as well as the Labrinth Collaberations "Its OK" and " Lover not a fighter". I like them for their featured artist as well as the rapping which is fast pace and thought provoking. "Heroes","A Heart can save the world" and "Lost ones" were all produced by the talent that is Naughty boy which gives it that more pop-edge to the track, he also co-wrote "Heroes" with Emeli Sande as well as "A Heart can save the world". Labrinth produced his own tracks and I love the ring and beat in "Lover not a fighter".

I would suggest this to his normal fans and to those who enjoy rap/pop as this album is pop orientated yet if you're unsure listen to "Heroes" and "Lost ones" as well as "Someday (Place in the Sun)" before making your mind up as you may not enjoy them. If you prefer the rapping , listen to "Shape" and "Trampoline"

• James Arthur - James Arthur / Music Album / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2014 20:15

Advantages

• "Managed to get a couple of exceptional features"
      • "Edgy vocals "

Disadvantages

• "His personality annoys me (seeking sympathy and dishing no respect) "
      • "Vocals sound forced and painful sometimes"

Self titled debut, narrow minded person (nice music though)

The self titled debut album from X factor winner 2012 is one album not to miss, I love James' raw vocals and thought provoking lyrics yet I have a blockage somewhere for James and not matter how hard I try I can't remove it. His image annoys me, now I'm not for all clean cut artists like Bruno Mars, I like James' edge but the album cover irritates me, it's not only boring but looks like he hasn't won the X factor but everything has been taken by the baylifts. Also his attitude of saying he wanted to kill himself with all the pressure , either way he's not happy, he wants his cake and eats it , doing drugs and swearing about all the different producers, he can't afford to be a diva yet, he's not established himself enough. He needs to calm down. Other than that issue with him personally the album is great !

The First track "You're nobody till somebody loves you" is upbeat but a little depressing yet true, yet seems to be stating something but doesn't seem to have a story to relate to. It's a shame that no lyrics came with the CD as I don't quite understand what some of it means in the context, maybe it's because his rough edge and tone of voice makes his voice less crystal clear.
      Track 2 "Get down" is the most feel-good song on the album and lyrically great about no matter what goes on throughout life, age and pressure there is nothing that can bring you down and it helped me when I felt low and that's something yet did require 16 writers, that's not something you'd ever see on an Adele album. "New Tattoo" does nothing for me as of all people that should stop getting tatoo's he is up there with Justin Bieber. "Impossible" is a cover of Shontelle yet his emotion really brings something to the song that was lacked in the Original. "Lie down" is also another great track with its rhythm and vocals yet doesn't quite connect for me no matter how much I listen and like the elements of it just when they are put together its a flop.

I'm not going to go on about every track as you can preview them all on itunes or amazon depending where you buy them from online. Recovery and Suicide did annoy me from first glance yet actually they are quite good tracks with alot of meaning and recovery has an unbelievable beat!
      Now we've had the alright, thets get to why I bought the album. I saw James on the X factor and liked him (I preffered Ella Henderson but life sucks huh) then when I heard he was releasing a debut I thought it was too soon but I checked out the tracks. I saw one track that stood out for me "Roses with Emeli Sande" and I remember seeing an Interview with Sande saying she'd love to work with him so this track must have some passion in it. "Roses" is such a lovely simply produced (by naughty boy) with a lot of beauty in the lyrics, its a musical collaberation made in Heaven (no pun intended). Now I make the rule that if I see Emeli's name on the record I buy it, and it worked. I also love "Certain things" ft chasing grace who provide a haunting backing vocal "You keep coming back, coming back again" . This is a band to watch they are amazing!

A bought the deluxe album for around £6 as I had a voucher, now it is available for £7.99 no voucher needed. The bonus tracks are "Emergency" and acoustic versions of "You're nobody till somebody loves you", "Get down" and "Supposed. Supposed is another one of my many favourite tracks. Now I remember James raging about how long it took to make the record (It's the way it works DEAL WITH IT) and how he'd written over 50 songs and was ready for another 5 albums, why didn't he chuck on 4 of those instead of the acoustics if he'd written so many instead of just doing 2 versions of four songs ! Worth Buying, not the deluxe unless you are a fan of Emergency (Check youtube). If your're still unsure make sure you listen to "Roses", "Get down", "Certain things","Impossible" and "Supposed" as for me they are the best on the album. Hope this helps make your decision a lot easier, I tend to go on a hunch and they don't always pay off, this did, only Let down was the image following the release of the album, otherwise great album lyrics in the inlay would have been nice but there you go c'est la vie.

• HTC One Mini / Mobile Phone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2014 20:09

Advantages

• "Great features including beats"
      • "Don't brake as easily as iphones"

Disadvantages

• " not only once)"
      • "My lock button and volume buttons have issues due to dropage (over dropping it numerous times"

The one phone for me, and many other people who want a good phone!

I bought this HTC One mini on a contract for around £23 per month and I haven't regretted it, it came with around £140 cash back over the two years and I heard it's meant to be a good phone, well it is!

The phone is a beauty, the single metal casing that surrounds it is just so smooth and easy and feels nice to hold. I think the phone is sometimes too smooth and too 'all in one' as sometimes when it had spasms (kept turning it self on and off again) I just wish I could take the battery out instead of waiting until it died down. I also love that the speakers are on the front so when listening to music you don't have to turn it to full to hear just a little thing which can also be the problem. In my household at night if I want to watch catchup TV on my phone even on minimum volume I am asked to turn it down so earphones are advisable. Also it comes with BeatsAudio which I'd heard of but didn't quite know what it actually was and how good it was. It's great , it improves the sound quality significantly and you can turn it off if you want to see the difference, so you don't need to spend another £200 on a pair of Beat Headphones when this comes with it integrated, any more beats and you'll end up drinking Volvic , it's been filtered through layers upon layers of Beats!
      It also comes with something called Blinkfeed which enables you to log into facebook,twitter, google+ etc. and sign up to free news to keep up with current affairs on your home screen when your phone is turned on , its pretty amazing, You don't even need to open the facebook app to see what people are saying. When you tap on one of these feeds it takes you directly to it. You ideally need to log into your HTC account on your computer and plug your phone in with USB and then personal settings for your blinkfeed should be set.

I reckon it's quite a durable phone. Its hard to compare to as the last phone I had was a nokia and they'll outlive the human race. I accidentally dropped it down the stairs, it was fine. It was thrown on the bed and bounced off and hit the wall, still fine. However later the spontanious turning off and on again started. Then I noticed a scratch and then the lock and vol down button became harder to press but all this happened quite a bit after the bed incident. I would advised leaving on charge on a bed side table, not on the side of the bed where it may fall on the floor a lot like I do. It fell off every night.
      I think the battery life is okay, sometimes I think it eats up too much when its on standby but then again I would advise closing programs after use so the background programmes don't eat up the battery life. When on games though the phone does get really , really warm and as its made of metal it doesn't help as it conducts too easily so keep on charge when playing games as that's what eats it up as well as the the actual android operating system.

I don't think its too bad value for £23 a month with unlimited texts, 500MB data and 100 mins of calls from 02 on a website. The Carphone warehouse do a blue one and it looks pretty nice, google it, I was going to get it but their tarrifs kept changing when ever I looked at it.
      On bad feature is that it comes with 16gb of memory with no room for an SD card so you'll have to keep deleting things to keep the phone working fast and to have the new music/apps you want so I would suggest not using this for gaming or downloading programmes if you already have a tablet. Still better than the bigger one as the big HTC ONE cannot be used with one hand this can.

The camera is the best feature. It comes with HTC ZOE so can take 3 seconds videos that can be easily edited with an "Always smile" feature to get the best shot from the 3 second photo. Also you can touch up the photo with the editing software in the camera and ZOE can also help remove unwanted objects or passer's by.
      Overall I would suggest this to people who use their smartphone for everything, check out the other technical features on the carphone Warehouse website and its just a great phone. Shame mine isn't working too well but I doubt any iphone could withstand even the smallest of drops. 9.5/10 the minus 0.5 is the fact the lock buttons giving up. Also comes with a flashlight that I didn't used to have on my nokia so is useful for turning off the light before going to bed!

Available in:
      Black, Silver and Blue (The HTC ONE is available in red, gold, black and silver, not too sure about blue) from different retailers. (Vodaofone, 02, and carphone warehouse) you should be able to guess which is which from their company colours :)

25.07.2014 20:04

Advantages

• Price
      • Creamy

Disadvantages

• "Colour didn't look the same"

Deliciously creamy and great value for the reduced price...

I don't normally wear designer lipsticks but after finding these Calvin Klein lipsticks on Amazon, I thought I'd give it a go. I ordered the CK Delicious Luxury Creme Lipstick in shade Sinful for £3.29. Even the name excited me and I expected to receive a high-end, luxury product.

I was a little disappointed when it came as it was a simple, all black lipstick case with the ck logo on the lid. Since then, I have come to like the design as it makes it look quite elegant and sophisticated.

Moving on to the colour: it was a bit darker than the picture and didn't really look the same on my lips. Nevertheless, it is still a nice colour but personally I need to either apply through dabbing it onto my lips or using a lip brush as otherwise, it is too overbearing against my skintone.

The texture of the lipstick is beautiful and it is easy to see why the lipstick is named as it is. It is truly creamy and when applying, it feels like you're treating your lips by drenching them in moisture and goodies.

I've found that the lipstick stays on for an hour or so but after that it does need to be reapplied otherwise it leaves your lips feeling rather dry. However, this may due to the fact that I don't apply the stick to my lips directly and normally use a dabbing motion. Perhaps if I did, it would stay on longer.

Price-wise, I believe this lipstick is amazing value for £3.29 and I will be ordering another but will try another colour this time. I wouldn't pay it's retail price (just under £14) as I don't believe the lipstick is superior enough to other brands to justify the added cost but if you're buying it off Amazon, it is great value for your money.

• Hotel Cabana - Naughty Boy / Music Album / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2014 20:02

Advantages

• "A great album with many vocal talents"

Disadvantages

• "Slow 'Acts' inbetween "
      • "Wiz Khalifa "

A hotel worth a stay at

Those who are unaware of Naughty Boy, get out more! He is a producer famous for writing and producing songs for "Leona Lewis", "Tinie Tempah" and written songs along side Emeli Sande for her debut and her upcoming second studio album as well as producing most of it. He has an eye for talent, spotting Emeli Sande when the likes of Gary Barlow told her that she would never be a star. He is also partly responsible for finding or exposing "Sam smith" and "Ella Eyre".

His most famous tracks include " Lalala" , "Wonder" and "Lifted". These are not my favourite on the album though. The concept of Hotel Cabana is complicated to understand, let alone explain but this shows that he is a man of a vision, his vision and nothing will get in his way, from going onto Deal or No Deal to win money and seeking some funding from The Prince's Trust Naughty Boy has used this money wisely to craft himself as a writer and producer. My favourite track on the album is "Pluto" as although the chorus can seem repetitive the concept is really clever and the producing and choice of guest vocalists was clever, He wrote the song alongside Sande and then decided it needed something more "Wretch 32" then added something to the song, more meaning to the concept of this couple arguing in cabana, its the only song I know of that is based upon an extended metaphor, the heart, and leaving it on the furthest and coldest thing possible to protect it, this is said to be Naughty Boy's favourite track to produce as said on his twitter.
      I love all the songs yet the "Acts and epilogue" are a little annoying despite the lyrical genius that is George the Poet otherwise I am really pleased with the order , no need to put it on shuffle, it is carefully organised, and has the most amazing into. Featuring Tinie Tempah and Emeli Sande.

I do think what does ruin it is the addition of Wiz Khalifa on the track "Think about it " as I dont think going on about smoking and doing S**t is right at all in this song, he has added shallowness to an otherwise though provoking record, I would have kept away from the american rappers and kept to the good and still strong rapper Dizzee Rascal or another Tinie Tempah as the lyrics would have meant more as all Wiz Khalifa can write is "Rolley on my wrist" , NO ONE CARES! Yet Adele is thought to have worked with him, I'm not a fan! I got this signed and it made my world, and this is out of this world, so far to say, its from PLUTO!

25.07.2014 19:41

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • "Great smell"

Disadvantages

• Box

Glorious, long lasting and great value for money!

I bought the Jimmy Choo Edt on a flight as I had tested it before and liked the smell and the airline (Monarch) was selling the 60ml for a competitive price.

I first used the perfume to go out with friends. Although initially I found it to be quite a bold and almost overbearing smell, it quickly finds a balance. You don't have to worry about choking everyone you walk past because of the overwhelming scent but you can be sure that if you're talking or in close proximity to someone, they will get a whiff of the scent. It will stay on for a good 4-5 hours without the smell fading, just by spraying 2/3 times.

The smell itself is quite sweet for want of a better word. It is reminiscent of summer evening in the garden with lots of slowers and it does make you feel rather feminine. This is great for people who are going out on a date or going out with friends on a night out as it does boost your self confidence.

I was a little unsure of the box it comes in as I find the pink snakeskin to look almost tacky however this is redeemed by the actual bottle. It has a circular shape and actually looks quite elegant and also fits comfortably in the hand. The size is great as you could put it in your handbag but personally, I've found that a couple of squirts before I leave the house normally lasts me.

Due to only using a couple of squirts at a time and mostly using it for special occasions, the perfume is great value. I have had it for almost a year and there is still just over half a bottle left.

The scent is glorious, long lasting and great value for money and I would not hesitate in recommending this perfume!

25.07.2014 19:29

Advantages

• "Cheap and effective"

Disadvantages

Great product and cheap

I have always suffered from allergies, generally food allergies and allergies from skin care products. In the last few years I have asks I started to suffer from hay fever. As as result I am always buying different antihistamine tablets when out and about if I have an allergy all of a sudden come on.

I have tried probably most anti histamine products available and I clan honestly says that I have found very little difference between them. Most products available contain the exact same ingredients and so it is radiculous to buy premium expensive brands when the cheaper alternative does the exact same thing.

The day I purchased these sainsbury's antihistamines I had a glass of pimms which I thought was free from citrus fruits that I am allergic too. It turns out it wasn't and as a result I started to get a rash. After a quick nip to the sainsbury's store just around the corner, I took a tablet and nearly instantly my allergy cleared up.

These tablets are to be taken once a day, and they did not make me drowsy. Be careful not to take these whilst taking travel sickness tablets - I did this once and it made me feel really spaced out. I think it is definately a good idea to always read the instructions before taking any medication even if it can be bought off the shelf.

All in all I would definately buy these antihistamines again. They are one if the cheapest around and they do exactly what they are meant to.

• Sony KDL-40R473A / LCD TV / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      25.07.2014 19:28

Advantages

• Beautiful
      • "Great colour"
      • "Fantastic picture "

Disadvantages

• "Shiny frame"

Easy on the eyes in more ways than one

I bought this television as the main household tv to be placed in the lounge, and don't regret my decision for a second; it has delivered completely on every front, although I do have one or two gripes with its practicalities.

It sits 40" which is plenty big enough for a family of 5 to enjoy it, and watch from different angls (the maximum being about 30 degrees to the screen) and I have heard no word of poor picture from a side view (my favourite benefit of LCD screens over plasmas).

I enjoy the colours of LCD screens and this screen is no exception. The brightness of reds and blues is especially good, and blacks are deeper than I would expect for this price.

This television looks great. It is very slim and stylish, I really like the transparent stand and black frame.
      However, my only gripe is the back frame can be too shiny. When the sub shines on it, the frame can be too reflective and sometimes I have to shut the blinds. However this is a common problem so shouldn't put anyone off tis television completely.

Overall I think things TV has been a great buy from a company I can trust. There have been no problems for the last year I have had it, proving reliability, and as a TV it meets it's jobs description very well with vibrant colours that don't strain the eyes. I would recommend this TV to anyone looking the quality of quantity.

25.07.2014 19:22

Advantages

• "Cafe "
      • "Informative Guide"
      • "Closest Model image of Jane"
      • "Insight into the life of Jane Austen"

Disadvantages

• "Quite a small Museum for the ticket price"
      • "House isn't one that she actually lived in"

The Museum is small but informative. It isn't set in a home she once occupied.

The Jane Austen Museum in Bath is in a house with a similar layout close by to where she lived in bath. The entry fee is £8 for an adult and seems a little expensive the Museum isn't very big or take too long to walk around. The tour guide had good knowledge about Jane's life, her family, reasons for moving to Bath, inspirations for writing.

I found her background interesting with her many Siblings. I was a little disappointed to see images of most of her brothers in the family tree but non of her mother, sister who she was particularly close to or of Jane. However, there is a life sized model of Jane in the museum which they claim to be the closest image of what Jane may have looked like. Bath features in some of her published work and the guide highlighted Jane's views and how they changed over time.

The first part of the tour is on an upper floor and starts with a detailed talk from the guide. Then guests are taken down on to a lower ground floor where there was information about the place, main events and experiences in Jane's life and the life sized model of Jane. There are areas in the Museum for people to give writing with a fountain pen and ink a go, try biscuits and dress up. The guide stayed available for a while and encouraged people to come forward with any questions. After this point there were several members of staff in different areas to talk to.

The Museum is a close walk from the shops and restaurants and is easy enough to find. Jane Austen lived in more than one place in Bath. It would have been better if the Museum was based in one of the homes she occupied. We were greeted by a member of staff at the door way who explained where to go to start the tour, where the cafe was and pointed out the store. It is an interesting visit for fans of Jane Austen who would like to have an insight into her life. Though I haven't read any of her stories, just seen films, I got caught up in the story of her short life.

25.07.2014 19:01

Advantages

• Affordable
      • Comfortable
      • "Great bass "
      • "Sound great"
      • "Look cool"

Disadvantages

Excellent headphones with a great look

I got these headphones as some stylish alternatives and have been very happy with the look and sound of them so far, however I do have a few complaints.

The box they came in was a really nice touch - it was almost like unboxing an apple product. They came set in what seemed like a molded polystyrene mount - though smooth and not prone to falling apart like usual polystyrene. Not sure what the material was but it was definitely nicer than plastic. The cable connects to the base of the right headphone but the cable itself is rather short, so you can't travel far from your source.

They're definitely good looking and well made. The ear pads are a leathery material, which is a definitely improvement over the cloth/foam type material of my last headphones which was prone to getting dirty. I even found that because they are quite snug-fitting they do actually block out a decent amount of sound - so much so I can't hear anything else even on a low volume.

They are comfortable enough to wear for long periods, though I've found they do make my ears feel a bit clammy and sweaty after a lot of use.

The headband is a strange material - it's rubber-like but different to the touch. I'm not sure what it is but again this is an improvement. over my last pair, which had a plastic headband with padding covered in the same material as the ear pads, which was awful for messing up your hair.

The actual headband is quite flexible - not as much as I've seen in some other headphones, but enough that if you knock them or bump them it's not going to snap.

I'm not too big a fan of the adjustable struts on the headphones. While they click into certain slots it's not a very sturdy click, so it can be quite difficult to get both sides to the same length. This is especially annoying as you really need to slot them back up to the smallest size to be able to easily get them in the included carry bag.

The bag itself is a nice material. I'm not sure what it's made of but it's very soft to the touch. It also includes a large, subtle logo on the face of the bag.

The design is great with lots of little details, such as the logo on the sides and top of the headband which is subtle and doesn't look garish. There's even a little logo on each end of the cable, which was a really neat detail.

The sound quality of the headphones is great. They're very clear and both classical music and music with heavy bass sounds great in them.

My only disappointment is that there is no volume control and it's all done through the phone.

Overall I'm happy with these. They're a little expensive, but they sound good and look good

25.07.2014 18:51

Advantages

Disadvantages

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette is

The Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette is available from GBP 29.00.

The Eau de Toilette comes in a round flacon with a cap. At the cap is a daisy fixed. The product name is on the flacon. It includes 20 ml.

The Eau de Toilette is described as follows. "Radiant and enchanting, Daisy is a sparkling floral bouquet - spirited and fresh, wrapped in comfort and warmth. At the heart of Daisy is a floral with vintage edge: Violet. Sophisticated with a touch of whimsy, Violet captures the eclectic, vintage flavour of Marc Jacobs' feminine, edgy designs. The bottle design features a luxurious block of weighted, clear glass topped with a playful scattering of daisies that appear to bloom from the rounded gold cap."

The Eau de Toilette is fresh and intensive with a flowery scent. A fresh scent of violet leafs and a light scent of strawberries can be noticed. The flowery scent of gardenia, violet and jasmine is noticeable. Followed by a light vanilla scent. The fruity notes can be especially noticed, nevertheless the scent can be described as flowery and powdery. The scent is not too intensive and the intensity is soft.

The top note consists of strawberry notes, intensive green aroma of violet leaf and pink grapefruit. Followed by the middle notes gardenia, delicate violet, and jasmine petals. The base notes are white woods, vanilla and musk.

The Eau de Toilette is not long-lasting and can be noticed for about 4 hours.

I can recommend the Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette, as it is a not too intensive and gentle scent. The intensity is soft and the scent is not long-lasting.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown