03.08.2015 11:38

Advantages

• "Good price"
      • "Fab fragrance"

A fab fruity wash

When it comes to any sort of fragrance, my preference is always fruity so when I spotted this reduced, I just had to try it.

The shower gel is available from most supermarkets and high street chemists, the actually RRP for a 250ml bottle it around £2 however this along with the majority of the Radox range often gets reduced down to less than £1 which is when I tend to pick it up.

This Radox bottle definitely stands out on the shelf as it is bright pink in colour and topped with a black flip top lid. To the front of the bottle is an image of a mixture of berries with a splash of milk over them. The bottle stands on the lid which I like as the gel runs all the way to the lid which means I don’t have to shake the bottle when I am getting towards the end of it.

I also like that the bottle has a cap on it which only dispenses the liquid when it is squeezed so that it doesn’t leak when not in use. The only downside of the bottle is that it doesn’t have a fold out hook at the top which means that it cant be hung in the shower like some of the other Radox bottles can.

The shower gel is white in colour and has quite a runny consistency to it so I do have to be careful when squeezing the bottle so as not to dispense too much out onto my shower puff. I would sat that I use around a 50p sized amount when using which is more than enough to produce a really nice lather and enough to clean my whole body.

My partner has quite sensitive skin and he has never experienced any problems when using this. I must say that I tend to have dry skin, especially on my legs and this does a great job and keeping my skin hydrated too.

The best thing about this product is the fragrance, it smells lovely and fruity, just as you would expect if to based on the image of the bottle. I love the fact that the fragrance is long lasting too, several hours after showering, I can still smell on my skin. Although I would say this is quite a feminine smell, the fragrance isn’t too overpowering and my hubby uses it without any complaints.

I really like the gel and it does a good job at cleaning and keeping my skin nice and soft so I would definitely recommend and give it 5 out of 5 stars.

03.08.2015 11:13

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • "Great fragrance"

Disadvantages

A fresh fruity wash which I recommend

I have always like the Body Shop but I do find their products are a little on the expensive side so I always keep my eye out for when there is a sale on, one product I do like to pick up in the sales is the shower gel.

This is available in two different sizes, 250ml and 750ml and the price is £4 or £6, during sales, the larger bottles was reduced by 50% and then had another 40% off meaning that I managed to get the 750ml bottle for less than £2.

The shower gel comes in a large clear plastic bottle which is topped with a white pump dispenser, the dispenser is really easy to use and my daughter manages to do this unaided when in the shower. The gel is bright orange in colour and as soon as it is dispensed, I can really smell satsumas, the fragrance smells really fresh and awakening, it transfers onto my skin and leaves my skin smelling great.

I find that it lathers up really easily and you don’t need to use much at all, with this being a 750ml bottle, it lasts absolutely ages, and that’s with three of us using it every day. I recently took a non-branded 250ml bottle of shower gel on holiday with us for a week and it literally only lasted the week whereas this has lasted us over a month.

The shower gel feels really nice against my skin and after showering, the sweet fragrance is evident on my skin, although it is quite subtle so it doesn’t clash with my perfume. My skin feels lovely and soft afterwards too which is always a bonus.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this shower gel and it gets 5 out 5 stars from me.

Thanks for reading.

• Hipp Organic Follow on Milk / Soft Drink / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 10:59

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lousy packaging, and gave my baby a tummy ache.

I spotted the Hipp Organic forumla in Morrissons where I don't usually shop, I didn't even know that Hipp made formula, but decided to switch from my usual and try it as my baby loves their food jars, and organic is always better in my opinion.

First off the package doesn't seem as appropriate as other formula brands and is a little more flimsy, just a folded cardboard box. When you open the box the formula is packaged in two foil bags for "freshness" with a cardboard spoon holder that folds out inside the box. The packaging seemed very cheaply made for something you want to keep fresh and dry while using, formula gets very damp and solid very quickly.

I gave the formula the benefit of the doubt and started to use it. It has a much clumpier consistency than other brands, but was prepared the same way as all the others.

I used this formula through the first foil packet, and started to notice it wasn't agreeing with my daughter. She went from having one poo a day, to five! And on top of that it was VERY messy. The spoon leveler is on the cardboard box, so you have to try and position the foil bag under it, even though it isn't the same shape the box, there was so much formula wastage that fell to the bottom of the box! and because the spoon was held on the outside of the fresh bags, it always got clumped up and damp with left over formula.

I didn't even use the bag as it was so much mess making formula and I was convinced it was the reason my daughter was having tummy troubles.

I went back to using SMA milk. With it's metal and plastic tin, and leveler and spoon kept inside the tin, it is so much easier to use and way more appropriate when trying to safely prepare formula.

I really think the Hipp Organic formula is packaged very cheaply and inconveniently, and really isn't helpful for trying to prepare formula in a clean and safe way.

03.08.2015 09:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

Sweet and Tasty Drink

I recently tried this drink for this first time. I've previously tried other flavours in this brand and enjoyed them. Shloer is often thought as a drink that can substitute alcoholic wine for those who don't want to drink alcohol. It's also a good choice for teens and children on special occasions when the adults might be drinking wine or champagne.

This White Grape variety comes in a 750ml sized bottle. The bottle is made of glass so it's rather heavy but it can be recycled after use. The bottle has an elegant design which makes this look like an adult soft beverage. Details about the drink are printed on the back of the bottle. This includes full ingredients and brand contact details.

The ingredients include carbonated spring water as well as 36% of white grape juice. The drink also contains sugar and natural flavouring. The drink is made of sparkling water so it's fizzy.

The flavour of the drink is interesting because as well as being slightly bitter which is reminiscent of low volume alcohol it is also extremely sweet. It's so sweet that it almost has a flavour of vanilla or of honey. It's very fruity and the flavour is fairly strong. The drink has a very appealing aroma which you can smell the whole time you are drinking it. The bubbles rise to the surface and burst, releasing this strong smell of grapes and summer fruits.

I personally really like the flavour of this drink although I really don't think it's all that much like non alcoholic wine. It's much more like a very sweet soft drink although it's definitely more sophisticated than other soft drinks. It's also very thirst quenching and slightly addictive. Once you have one drink you want to have more and more. These bottles are best shared though and it's best to use smaller glasses since 750 ml doesn't go a long way if you have a whole family sharing this.

I would definitely buy this in the future as I feel it's refreshing and tasty and different to other drinks. It costs around £2 from supermarkets in the UK.

• E45 Cream / Skin Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      03.08.2015 00:50

Advantages

• "Soothes irritated skin"
      • "Good for a variety of skin conditions"

Disadvantages

Brilliant for dry skin conditions

I have been using E45 cream for a number of years due to the fact that I have very dry skin and also sensitive skin which can become inflamed especially in cold weather conditions. I always have a tube of E45 to hand to help with dry, itching and chapped skin and this cream really soothes and calms down the areas affected.

I find it is also a good hand cream as it prevents the skin from getting chapped after being in water and also it is good for soothing sunburn. After use of this cream my skin always feels soothed and relieved. It states on the packaging that E45 can also be used for serious skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and some psoriasis. It also states that this is suitable also for babies so that the whole family can benefit from the soothing relief of this cream.

I bought a 50g tube which came boxed from Boots the Chemist and it cost two pounds and twenty nine pence. A tube lasts quite a while and I think it is very good value for money.

It is perfume free and dermatologically tested and it seems to me to be a good quality product and I try never to be without a tube of this as it helps me very much with all kinds of skin conditions. It is light and non greasy and once rubbed into the affected area there is no stickiness, just soft and soothed skin.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers from dry skin conditions.

• Nars Duo Eyeshadow Brousse / Make Up / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      03.08.2015 00:37

Advantages

• "High quality and doesn't slide off!"
      • "Beautiful pairing can be used in contrast!"

Disadvantages

• "Slightly expensive"

My new favourite makeup product - a stunning pairing!

The NARS Duo Eyeshadow in the colour 'Brousse' is the first eyeshadow I have owned in a while and I must say I'm impressed with it's quality! As a girl who fluctuates between wearing a full face of makeup and wanting to make an effort to wearing none at all, I'm not as knowledgeable on makeup as the average girl and so eyeshadow was very new to me.

This specific eyeshadow comes in a variety of colours, though I chose Brousse as it can be matched to any outfit and the two colours can be blended and used in contrast for a more appealing look. The colours are classy and look great on any skin tone - especially mine!

I found the eyeshadow easy to apply, comfortable to wear and not too heavy, as well as lasting all day and not rubbing off throughout the day. I never really wore eyeshadow but this one lasts long and works as an eyeshadow should! I wore it for the first time to a wedding of my close friend and received lots of compliments. It can be applied dry or with a dampened brush; I blended the colours and used a dry brush. I like that the intensity of the eyeshadow depends on how much you CHOOSE to apply - it is very flexible in this manner! I like to use the lighter shade as a base and the darker shade as a liner, as recommended by Magda Ogbe; makeup stylist. This pairing is ideal for that.

It was £25.00 from the NARS website which is pricey considering what it is, but the excellent quality makes it reasonable! It seems to take a long time to use up which makes it even more worthwhile.

I really enjoy how it feels on, how it looks and the opportunities the colours provide. I definitely like NARS as a brand and would recommend this product to all women and girls alike - it is just stunning!

03.08.2015 00:30

Advantages

• "Full coverage"
      • "Natural finish"
      • "Wide variety of shades"

Disadvantages

• Packaging

A true life saver

As someone who has troubled oily skin that often experiences breakouts I feel as though this is truly the perfect match for my skin type.

When I first was purchasing this product I must stress just how pleasantly surprised I was to be presented with such a wide array of shades (23 to be exact) , meaning no matter what your skin color I am positive you will be able to find one that is right for you. The foundation itself is simply packaged giving it a classic look, however one major drawback to the bottle is that the lid is easily knocked off causing the product to leak into you make up bag or draw. Another problem I have with the packaging (and something of a pet peeve of mine) is that the foundation sticks to the side of the bottle and so making it impossible for you to identify if it is running low, leaving you to play a sort of guessing game as to when you will need to re-stock.

But these minor packaging flaws are undoubtedly overshadowed by the sheer brilliance of this foundation. The silky liquid consistency make true match makes it so easy to blend, leaving you with a visibly natural and flawless finish. This foundation is the first drugstore foundation that does not make my skin appear in anyway caked yet still manages to hide any blemishes and even out my skin tone. Due to the thin consistency of the product I found it was best applied with make up sponges (the beauty blender is great for this) or just your fingers rather than a foundation brush in order to avoid brush strokes and really blend the product into the skin.

Once on the skin true match feels very light and fresh on the skin, which to me came as a shock considering the full coverage of the product. Moreover if a good primer is used to prime your skin before hand, and you lock the foundation in with a light dusting of translucent powder on top afterwards, then it should stick around for the majority of the day. Not only this but due to the heavy coverage of true match I found that I rarely required more than 1 or 2 pumps of the product during one application, and so therefore 1 bottle will undoubtedly last you a very long time indeed saving you money.

All in all, I can not believe I have come across such an amazing foundation for such a cheap price. I would highly urge anyone considering it, particularly those with normal to oily skin to give it a go, and I am sure you like me you to will be hooked!

03.08.2015 00:02

Advantages

• "Effective and efficient"
      • "Ideal for larger breeds"
      • "Not too expensive"
      • "Sulphate and Paraben Free"

Disadvantages

The Number One Shampoo If You Have A Nasty Smelling Pooch!

The Dogs Trust Anti-Odour Shampoo is a specially formulated shampoo which reduces odour and unpleasant scents in dogs due to the ingredients featured within it. It leaves the coat smelling fresh and is made of 99% natural ingredients, making it kind for your dog's skin. A 250ml bottle is around £5 depending where purchased from, and lasts for many washes depending on your size of dog.

I first purchased the shampoo as a good deed towards the charity, as their work is partially funded by their sales of their own branded items. Upon using it though I realised that it is actually a great product and very helpful for that stinky dog that just won't leave the flower beds alone! I really enjoyed the fresh scent it left on my golden retriever boy and have used it on him since. It is very effective at removing odour without stripping your dog's skin and hair of their natural greases. It is Sulphate and Paraben free!

It is suitable for all dogs over 6 weeks old, and I have used it on my other dogs too and never had a problem. It is kind on sensitive skin and won't wash off topical flea applications.

Dogs Trust pride themselves on having a 99% natural anti odour shampoo. Ingredients such as rosemary are used to give a fresh, long lasting scent and to deter odour, while Zinc PCA; one of the best skin absorption elements; also features.

The bottle design is simple but friendly. The Dogs Trust logo features on the top, while the background colour is yellow. Ingredient / product information features on the back and sides of the bottle. It is very easy to squeeze the shampoo out of the bottle as it isn't too solid, but is good quality.

The actual product is very good - it has a nice surface smell but once mixed with water and lathered up it smells even better, and hides that natural doggy odour a lot of larger breeds seem to have! It lathers up well and is of a nice texture, not sticky or greasy and neither thick or runny. It is easy to wash out and will leave your pooch smelling and feeling lovely with a glorious natural shine to their coats!

I recommend this shampoo to anyone who suffers with a not so nice smelling dog! It works miracles and leaves you feeling great yourself to know you've used a nice natural product on your dog. I have tried it on various dogs I / my family own and find it is best suited to larger breeds, although this is personal preference. Overall it is great and we all love using it!

02.08.2015 23:12

Advantages

• amazing

Disadvantages

• expensive

Amazing!

In my opinion because of the price for the foundation you would expect the product to be amazing as it is on the shelves within the high end products. I used to always think that high end products were always amazing because of their price but trying out a few things this hypothesis is not exactly true. This being said it makes be weary of the product I purchase because of the price. However this foundation is amazing and fits the common exception for high end products being amazing because this product is truly amazing. Another thing that I love about this product is the packaging because it has a really nice frosty packaging which makes it look really pricey which is good considering how much you have to pay for.

A pro about this product is that is very long lasting which is great for summer weather as face makeup epically foundation has been very known to be sliding off faces. However the long lasting foundation doesn't only shift from your face but give the face the effect of a natural glow which I love about foundation. In addition to this it doesn't look shiny but a nice glow which I love.

A con about this product is that it is very very expensive and off course it would because it's Dior and the brand well known for it's pricey products that everyone wants to get their hands on. Another con about this product is that it tends to become very messy if you put into a makeup bag.

02.08.2015 22:06

Advantages

• Price

Cheap and on time

I received the flyers I ordered and they arrived on the date promised and I am very happy with them. I ordered just a small number to see how they would turn out as I had not used Print 24 before but all went well. There was a lot of choice on the web site and they have lots of products that will be of great use and all for a lot less than I have paid before. The trickiest part is making sure that art work is correct as I have not had to worry about this before, but I got there with it in the end. For the price and quality this is great for my needs and I will be ordering more in the future from Print 24 - keep it up.

02.08.2015 21:47

Advantages

• "Freshens mouth and breath"
      • "Fresh minty taste"

Colgate whitening mouthwash

I regularly use a mouthwash as I like the fresh feeling it gives me, also if there are any small bits of food left after brushing this gets rid of them easily. I have tried many brands of mouthwash and haven't really got a favourite, but I will just buy whichever is on offer at the time I am buying it.

I bought this Colgate Plax Whitening mouthwash from Boots for £2.85 when it was on offer which is a very good price as it is currently around £4.40. It is a 300ml bottle which is quite large and a bottle this size has lasted me for around six months with my usage. The liquid is a pretty blue colour and it is alcohol free and is mild enough if you find that you swallow a bit accidentally.

This mouth wash has a cool minty taste which is quite delicate and doesn't take your breath away when you gargle it. It is designed to kill germs and to prevent cavities and it also fights plaque formation and helps to protect against gum problems. Adults and children over the age of six years old are advised to use it twice a day after brushing your teeth in the normal way by filling the cap up to the 20ml mark and gargling with the liquid. This mouthwash is also said to be whitening although I have only been using it for about a month and haven't yet noticed a difference, but I will keep perservering with it.

I would say that I probably use it about twice a week and am happy with this. As I am the only person who uses the mouthwash I don't bother filling the cap and will just swig it out of the bottle. Obviously if you are sharing it you wouldn't be able to do this for hygiene reasons. I will swish the liquid from one side of my mouth to the other and then gargle for between five and ten seconds before spitting it out. It leaves my mouth feeling tingly and fresh and I am confident that my breath is fresh and there are no bits of food lodged between my teeth.

I do recommend this mouthwash, it makes my mouth and teeth feel very clean and freshens my breath and this sensation lasts for at least an hour after brushing. It is minty without being too strong so would be suitable for everyone in the family.

• Asus VX248H / LCD Monitor / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      02.08.2015 21:45

Advantages

• "Good size"
      • "Fast refresh rate"
      • "Excellent colours"

Disadvantages

• "Wobbly stand needs improvement"

An excellent Asus monitor

I work in design and as a company we require a range of different size monitors to ensure our work is the best it can be, flaws that don't show up on a smaller screen are magnified on a larger one so it's useful to be able to go to another workstation with a different size monitor to check on the progress of the design.

This is a 24" monitor made by Asus and I have it connected to my personal PC at work. I've been happy with the monitor for the whole time I've been using it, around seven months, but still sometimes need to go even larger.

Colours on the monitor are bright and lines are sharp, the monitor has excellent response times so when I choose and option it changes and adapts immediately. There are settings to change and adjust the brightness and contrast and these are responsive to a very small degree so I can customise the display of the monitor to suit my needs exactly.

The only down side to the Asus monitor is the stand as that feels cheaply made and the trembling of the monitor as anyone walks past often has me putting out a hand to steady it as I worry it's going to smash down face first onto my keyboard. This has never happened but it feels and looks like there should be an extra screw attached, or maybe the stand simply needs to be made a little wider at the base to ensure protection of the screen.

The initial cost of £107 is a bargain I think as the monitor provides such excellent colours and contrast that it's a big help to me in my working life, the refresh rate is excellent too so there's never any reason to sit twiddling my thumbs when I should be working.

02.08.2015 21:32

Advantages

• "Cancel out background noise"
      • "Fast charging time"
      • "Good range of 30 metres"
      • "No wires"

Disadvantages

• "Distortion when the battery is running low"

Wireless headphones from when it all began

I bought these to try them out after seeing them at a very good price a few years ago, at that time wireless headphones weren't as common as they are now and I thought this would be a good set to play with as they were priced at just £30 which made them the cheapest available.

They charge in the supplied docking station and have a range of 30 metres, I use them with my laptop and like that I can wander around most of my property wearing them while still listening to the music played through the laptop.

Charging time isn't long, about two hours for a full charge, but they cannot be overcharged so I keep the headphones in the dock most of the time and that way I know there will be power in them when needed.

The sound from the headphones is excellent and does not diminish the further away I move from whatever it is I'm listening to the music from, as I have already stated this is usually my laptop but I have used the headphones with other equipment from time to time. The only problem is when they begin to run out of battery the headphones start to produce a buzzing sound that isn't very pleasant, I remove them for a charge when this happens as I can't enjoy my music with any distortion.

The headphones cancel out background noise but I have been told my music can be heard by others even when the volume is set quite low.

I find the headphones comfortable but they make my ears sweat if I'm wearing them in warm weather for a long period of time, and when I get into my music you can guarantee it will be a few hours before I want to stop listening and it's an annoyance to have to turn everything off just because of sweaty ears!

• Tesco DF98 Desk Fan / Fan / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.08.2015 21:19

Advantages

• "Beautiful cool air when most needed"
      • "Has lasted for a long time"
      • "Very cheap to buy"

Disadvantages

• -

Cheap cool air

Two years ago I purchased the Tesco DF98 fan because I was in dire need on a hot summers day and my existing fan chose to break just when I needed it most. This fan cost about £6 and is a 9" fan, I believe it was from the Tesco Value range of household products but you can't tell that from the sleek clean design.

There are three power settings and the option to have the fan directing cold air at one point or you can choose to oscillate the fan to cool a wider area. I have my fan on my desk where I point it at my face and sometimes point it at the back of my laptop to cool that down if it's been on for more hours than usual.

For the very low price this fan works extremely well and I see no reason to change it, I bought it planning to upgrade to a more expensive one but have changed my mind and will keep this until I NEED to replace it. The air blown from the fan is delightfully cold against my skin when it's hot and the arc covered when it's in oscillation mode is wider than expected, I like that you can stop the oscillation at any point for maximum control of cooling your living area.

The fan features rubber feet that don't slip on my desk but it does shake slightly on setting number 3 so I avoid that, the blades go around so fast it's not necessary to have it on that speed often anyway as number 2 provides cool enough air for most days so I rarely have to go above that.

The fan is as easy or awkward to clean as any other desk fan, dust can become ingrained on the mesh cover but is easy enough to remove as long as you keep on top of the cleaning.

• OPI Live.Love.Carnaval / Make Up / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.08.2015 21:07

Advantages

• "good quality"

Disadvantages

• "can be a bit pricey"

Great brand great product

The O.P.I nail polish brand to begin with a great company which offers great quality nail polish products and nail products which help produce a great finished manicure. The color itself, Live.Love.Carnival, is a great color for someone who loves peachy,coral colors. In addition to this the color would be a great color to use for the summer type weather.

The pro of this nail polish is that the brush is big and gets every part of your nail so you don't need to worry about have to put to many coats over the polish and having the product run out. In addition to this the bottle is a good size considering the brush is so big which isn't common in a lot of nail polishes.

However a con about this nail polish is that it can be quite pricey and might make you wonder if you should buy instead of alternative brands such as Barry M which the cost is only about £2.99-£3.99.

This nail polish is a great nail color for someone who like the color being very simple but wants to up their variety of and be a little bit bolder. They would want to do this because change is great and a lot of people want to do this for the summer season and try out new things.

A thing about this product is that it is very good quality and if you want to buy a good quality nail polish I would highly recommend this brand.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown