11.07.2014 14:39

Advantages

• "Amazing vocal work"
      • "Great dynamics in Muscianship"

Disadvantages

• "poor sound quality and mixing"

An amazingly dynamic album, but only if you get the remastered version.

This a great album, but I just can''t score it highly. Dir En Grey is one of my favourite bands, I literally have every release and I especially love this album. The problem is, the mixing is awful. It''s difficult to discern one element of the music from another, as the mix is just too muddy. Kyo''s vocals seemed drowned out at some points and are too loud the next, this doesn''t work for an album that relies so much on dynamics, going from heavy to melodic in a matter of seconds. It''s lucky that in 2011 the band decided to go back and re-master the album in 2011, so from this point on in the review I will be reviewing Uroboros Remastered and Expanded. The remastered versions of this album includes 2 new tracks and an extended version of the track Sa Bir. The first track of Uroboros is an instrumental piece that leads into second track Vinushka. Vinushka begins with a slow melodic and very restrained soft vocals from Kyo. Vinushka is a time bomb that explores all of Kyos vocal range and gets more and more desperate and heavy as it goes on. The drumming is almost erratic albeit still holds a rhythm, the bass has a soft crunching and the guitar work goes from 0 - 60 in seconds; 0 being melodic and 60 being maniacally complex. The track Toguro features some amazing groove and a chorus that manages to be catchy regardless of the language. Kyo displays some more of his vocal mastery but the bass and spacious feel of this track are the real stars of the show. Glass skin is Kyo at his most vulnerable, this sad song, is like a ballad but with absolutely no element of hope. Opening piano compliments Kyo and slow moves into a groove led bass and atmospheric guitar that make this song a melodic masterpiece. The interestingly titled Bugaboo is a atmospheric track that goes from eerie to demonic thanks to Kyos inhuman growling ability. Dynamics really are the strong point of this album, and the groove is always present. Dozing green is the final track I will mention. This track is pure groove, with massive hooks, catchy guitar and more stellar bass. The song peaks to near the end, and the drumming is more complex controlled chaos. This is one of my all time favourite albums, but I will say that people interested in buying it, should only go for the remastered version.

• GR Lanes Kalms / Health Treatment / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      11.07.2014 14:33

Advantages

• "Really Work"

Disadvantages

Worth a go

The day before our wedding me and my now husband were in Tescos picking up a few bits. While I was picking wheich plasters might help most with my wedding shoes my husband to be picked up a packet of Kalms. As soon as he dad a passing women in the aisle said ''buy them, they work wonders''. The price did put us off them a little bit but we decided that with such a strong recommendation from a passer by that we had to give them a go. The instructions say to take them with food 3 times a day. You can take 1 or 2 tablets at a time. The tablets are sugar coated and so I guess that they can be bad for your stomach. We took these with our lunch and I don''t know whether it was just the power of suggestion or not but we really did feel more relaxed. That evening after going out for ameal I had one beer and one of these tablets before bed. I slept amazingly the night before my wedding. Do note though that it does say it is not recommended that you take these with alcohol as it increases the effects. I would recommend these to anyone suffering from anxiety or going through a stressful time. They are completely herbal and so surely worth a try. They worked well for both my husband and myself. You get loads in a packet and so I found myself using them when we travelled on our honeymoon. I am apprehensive when flying but our trip all went smoothly.

11.07.2014 13:50

Advantages

• "Good spin"
      • "Warning bleep when cycle is finished"
      • "Good range of programmes"

Disadvantages

Very effective machine - would recommend

My family bought this washing machine a few months ago to replace one which my dad had repaired several times but really was on its last legs. We have been very impressed with it in general.

It has a wide range of settings, temperatures and spin cycles. Programmes that you may not get on other machines (we certainly didn''t have them on our old one) are the eco programme, which takes about 3 hours but uses less water at a lower temperature so is very useful if you are concerned about the environment and organised enough to put washing on when you know you will be around in 3 hours to hang it out! Also the quick cycle is perfect for people at the opposite end of the spectrum who need to get their washing done in 15 minutes (I was about to go to bed last night when I realised my Guide Leader''s uniform stank of smoke from campfire the night before and I need it today! The 15 minute cycle is very effective - it has removed all traces of the smokey smell).

The spin is very good, on the highest setting things feel almost dry when they come out, although they do take more ironing on this setting.

The machine has a beep which goes off when it finishes and every few minutes until you go and turn it off. Mum loves this, as she often forgets to get washing out, but I hate it and always up talking to the washing machine )" Yes all right I''m coming, give me ONE MINUTE!!!" which my family thinks is hilarious.

Overall this machine is a good buy. It has coped admirably with everything we''ve thrown at it - delicate silk tops to muddy camp clothes to stinky campfire clothes, nothing has needed to go back in after we''ve washed it the first time.

11.07.2014 13:42

Advantages

• "An emotionally evocative story"
      • "A more indepth look into the world of Final Fantasy 7"
      • "Fast paced combat means it stays fresh"
      • "Amazing voice acting and presentation"
      • "A handheld Final Fantasy experience"

Disadvantages

• "No equipment mechanics"
      • "Some sections of gameplay seemed dragged out"

Overall, this game is a great addition to the series and should not be missed!

Final Fantasy 7: Crisis core, is one of the PSP refining titles and reinforced the idea of the PSP allowing users a console like experience in their pocket. The combat system is a bit more dynamic than previous titles in the Final Fantasy series, but this offers a good amount of challenge and depth to the battles whilst also increasing immersion. Overall, the combat manages to stay fresh and challenging every time. Story-wise this game is a prequel to the original Final Fantasy 7, and anyone who is a major fan should already know roughly how this plays out. It is still a great experience though, expanding on the back story of certain characters and breathing new life into the world of Final Fantasy 7. Square Enix are known for delivering top quality cinema like experiences with high production values and evocative and well crafted story elements. Final Fantasy Crisis Core is no exception to this rule, and keeps gamers wanting more and more. The CG cutscenes and voice acting featured in this game, is some of the best I have ever seen, and for a portable title, that really is saying something. With all of things this game does right, there are just a couple of bad points that need to be addressed. There are a couple of points in this game, where the pace really slows; sometimes these might come in the form of tedious mini-games, and other times in the form of mundane tasks. All Final Fantasy games tend to include these at some point, but when it comes to Crisis Core, it''s almost as if the game knows that it''s drawing to a close, and is doing everything it can to slow you down. Leveling up in this game seems different to other final fantasy games. When a certain condition is met in battle a slot machine will show certain icons that can either trigger a special attack, summon or level you up. On the outside, this makes leveling up look like a random event. It is worth pointing out that this is not the case, and obtaining a certain amount experience points will trigger a level up like in previous final fantasy games. This will feel strange to fans of previous games, but it just looks more random in the way it has been implemented. The other small issue is a lack of side-quests and secret weapons. There is no real equipment mechanic in this game, and almost everything is done via leveling up. There are side missions, but these draw more on the side of tedious than fun. Still, if you get through them, you are usually rewarded with certain items and more missions. I feel that if they integrated some of these missions more into the story it would have helped the pace, but I suppose it all helps add some replay value. These issues are but a small blemish on what is otherwise a great and beautiful looking game. Don''t miss it!

• Lush Cosmetic Lad / Skin Care / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      11.07.2014 11:38

Advantages

• " moisturises skin"
      • " lovely scent"
      • "Sinks in well"

Disadvantages

• "Slightly too heavy if used everyday"

Not just for men!

If you read my reviews regularly, you''ll know that I am a huge fan of the store Lush. I am trying to sample every product they make, including some of their less than obvious items!

As well as bath products and soap, Lush make a lot of skincare products including cleansers, toners and moisturisers. These can vary in price quite widely, depending on the ingredients. This moisturiser costs GBP11.75 for a 45g tub, which makes it one of the cheapest products. I find that Lush moisturisers last absolutely ages, with only a tiny amount needed for each use, so I was happy to pay this and after using all of the product, I feel it was worth the price.

As the name suggests, Cosmetic Lad is primarily aimed at men. Recognising that men often shave every day, it contains chickweed, which is said to contain antihistamine and be calming. Honey is antiseptic, while lavender water helps to soothe the skin. Linseed mucilage helps to keep the skin soft, while fresh wheatgrass acts as an antioxidant. Aloe vera is a soothing ingredient which can help to soothe the skin, while African marigold helps to reduce redness and regenerate the skin. As well as a moisturiser, the cream can be used as a shaving cream.

Obviously, as a woman, I don''t shave my face! However, the soothing, gentle ingredients in the cream can help all skin, particularly sensitive skin like mine. It is also a fairly light cream, so I hoped it would be good for my slightly oily skin.

As it contains honey, the moisturiser is not suitable for vegans. However, like all Lush products it is suitable for vegetarians.

It also contains tangerine and sandalwood essential oils. This means that the moisturiser smells amazing, fruity but slightly spicy. I thought it smelled a bit like a chocolate orange. It is white in colour and has a pleasant feel and texture, not too thick and not too thin.

On application, the moisturiser sinks in really well, and proves a good base for makeup. It doesn''t leave my skin feeling oily or greasy. If I use it for too many days in a row it can feel a little heavy, but it''s good for the winter, and on the plus side it effectively deals with any dry patches I might have. It keeps my skin feeling soft and smooth, and doesn''t cause spots or anything like that; it doesn''t massively help reduce shine on my skin, however.

In conclusion, this isn''t a perfect moisturiser but it is a very good one: effective, gentle and good value. Not just for men!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      11.07.2014 11:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

Would definitely recommend Pc Specialist for a hassle free way of buying a custom computer.

PC Specialist made it very easy to buy a computer. Their website was helpful and easy to use with a wide range of options and parts to consider. The ability to save quotes and see how much it would cost was helpful too. Once I had purchased my computer, I was updated at every stage of the process right through until dispatch (only 7 working days from when I ordered). I was even texted a one hour window of when my computer would be arriving.

11.07.2014 10:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Durable, comfy, machine washable.

I never understood the fascination with Pierre Cardin socks. When my dad actively looked for these I''d always tell him he''d get better ones at half the price elsewhere. Still he''d want his Pierres. One winter I was desperately looking for warm socks to battle the cold and got my hands on one of these. Firstly I think it is a great length, not too high and not too low around the shin with elasticated cuffs. After so many years, with proper care and washing the elastic cuff is still as good as new! Secondly the cotton sock has a soft, nice touch to it. If you have sweaty feet always go for cotton socks because they have natural fibres that keep your feet cool, and most importantly, dry at all times. Of course it does not apply if you ever decide to wear these sometimes during the summer XD. As I paraded around the house with these the elastic cuffs kept sliding down my shin. Was this because of product fault or was it because my dad had stretched them out already - I''ll give Pierre the benefit of the doubt. However if you have relatively small shins, be warned that these socks have the tendency to slide. Overall it is well made, it has a prestigious brand logo and comes in several designs. Having had it for so long at the house, and also having loyal users such as my dad, I''d say it''s pretty durable. Most importantly, it''s machine washable!

11.07.2014 07:57

Advantages

• "great read"

Disadvantages

• none

So overall I found All These Things I've Done to be a thrilling and somewhat

I really enjoyed this book but I have to admit that I felt it got off to a slow start. The pace didn''t pick up until around a third of the way through but I really liked the premise of the novel being a dystopian mafia mixed with romance kind of story. However thanks to the book''s combination of great characters, plot twists and drama - I know I will definitely be reading the sequel. Set in a futuristic New York where chocolate has become a banned substance, sixteen year old Anya is the daughter of a deceased but highly renowned crime boss whose family specialise in the illegal production and distribution of chocolate. Although Anya does her best to shun the family business and provide a safe and secure life for her brother and sister, inevitably she soon finds herself pulled into the darkness and danger of the mafia world. Especially when her ex-boyfriend is poisoned and Anya is named the number one suspect in the investigation of his potential murder. However Anya turns out to have more allies than she thinks, but common sense tells her that getting romantically involved with the chief of polices'' son may not be one of her best idea. Especially when she learns that this new relationship threatens to destroy everything and everyone she''s worked so hard to protect. Her friends, her family, her future and even her hard won freedom. Is the love of one man really worth the risk of losing it all?? I really did enjoy this story and although it was labelled a dystopian novel, to me it read more like a futuristic contemporary. However this made the story a uniquely refreshing read and with romantic, moral and often thrilling elements the book really grips a reader''s attention. Told from Anya''s point of view, the author Gabrielle Zevin has created a character with a relatable voice and a unique narration. Anya is a strong and really admirable protagonist who due to the horrors of her past has a cynical but very practical way of looking at the world. She doesn''t believe in love at first sight and due to her family criminal connections, accepts the fact that people automatically assume she''s bad news. However what few people know is that (mostly) she tries to be a devout catholic, is very protective of her family and tries her best to stay out of trouble. The other characters were also intriguing and well thought out. Leo, Anya''s disabled older brother, I found particularly sweet and I liked the warm and caring relationship Anya had with her all immediate family. The love interest Win was also a great character, charming and flirty, he had his quirks but most of all I loved how naive and sheltered he was compared to Anya ? who was normally the voice of reason in their relationship. This of course brings me on to the romance within the story which I thought had a very Romeo and Juliet feel to it. With their families divided and standing on to very different sides of the law, Anya and Win had to overcome many obstacles in order to be together and it was sweet watching how their relationship developed. Her dark past against his light-hearted dreams of the future formed a nice balance in their relationship and I''m looking forward to seeing how things between these characters will further progress.

• Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini / Mobile Phone / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      11.07.2014 03:01

Advantages

• Design
      • "Good Camera "
      • "Good Performance"

Disadvantages

A must-buy smartphone.

I bought it 6 months ago and i am really pleased. This phone is one of the best in the market right now. The processor is really fast (1,9GHz), so Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is suitable for everyone who likes to play games or download a lot of demanding apps. The sound quality of this phone is really nice and the built-in speakers are quite good for a smartphone. In my opinion its size and its display is excellent to run apps, watch videos etc. An other really attractive option is the design. I believe it is much better than the iPhone''s one. Finally I loved the camera of Samsung S4 mini, which has a lot of nice functions and takes awesome shots.

11.07.2014 02:37

Advantages

• "With chronograph "
      • "Modern Design "

Disadvantages

A reliable modern-design watch.

My father bought it for my birthday and i really like it. It has a perfect combination, German engineering and Italian design. It looks nice on your hand because of its size and good-quality materials. It is water-resistant to 330 feet (100 M) and has also a nice night-light. Except all Intelligent Quartz technology advances this which attracted me was the aesthetic design. I like the brown leather strap because it makes it really cool. The price (about 150 euros) is quite good because in my opinion it is difficult to find a modern-design watch WITH chronograph in this budget. I recommend it for young men who like wearing nice accessories.

• Logitech HD Webcam C270 / Webcam / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      11.07.2014 01:52

Advantages

• "Good value for money"
      • "Easy Installation "
      • Reliability

Disadvantages

A reliable webcam that will not disappoint you.

I bought this camera, Logitech C270 HD Webcam, 1 year ago and i am really pleased. You open the box and you can see a little webcam with a great video quality up to 720p (1080x720 pixels). The picture quality is also quite good up to 3MP. The Logitech C270 HD Webcam is a wired HD camera (the USB cable is about 1.5 m) with a built-in microphone (with noise reduction) which is great during video calls. I use this webcam almost everyday on Skype and the quality is excellent. The camera is compatible with Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later), Vista, 7 and 8. I use windows 7 on my computer and the installation was really simple. You can get the latest software on the Logitech official website. There are some functions like Face Tracking, Motion Detection and Zoom In/Out which might be useful. Last but not least, the price is really attractive. I bought it 20 euros and it is really well worth buying. In my opinion, it is one of the best webcams in this budget.

• Motelrocks.com / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      11.07.2014 00:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

Don't expect anything great from Motelrocks. Student discount is a cheat if you shop sale!

Shopped from Motelrocks just this week, unsatisfied! Firstly I had decided to check the site out after hearing it from a friend. When I did I couldn''t really find anything that interested me at all, maybe it''s just not my style. Some of their pieces are actually quite revealing, so those of you who are blessed with a great bod and are confident enough to carry those pieces, go ahead :D! Somewhere along the way I found a button, pansy print skirt for 19quid. Then I remembered on the homepage it had shown a 25% discount for students with Unidays accounts. I got the code and tried to apply it to my basket to no avail. Turns out the discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions. This means that if you have a mixture of full priced and sale items on your basket, your full price items will still NOT be entitled to a discount because you have already benefitted from the sale. I was quite disappointed at this point. Later on I found out that Asos and Amazon actually carries some of Motelrocks'' stocks and was extremely lucky to find my skirt on amazon. It actually works out cheaper for me on Amazon because it qualified for free shipping. On the official site you need a 50 pound purchase to enjoy free shipping. The skirt is finally with me now, while the quality isn''t the best (the material looks cheap, tailoring is poor) I have decided to keep the product because it doesn''t look too bad. Bottom line : Don''t expect anything great from Motelrocks.

• boohoo.com / Online Shop / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      11.07.2014 00:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

Highly recommended for fashionistas who don't want to break bank!

I started shopping from Boohoo 2 years ago and has since noticed a great addition of clothing on their website. These days they take inspiration from latest runway and designer trends. It is truly a blessing for fashionistas like myself who doesn''t want to break bank to keep up with the latest fashion trends. The quality of Boohoo clothes are okay, taking into account how much you''re actually paying for it. For clothes on average I pay 10 pounds per piece and 5 pounds for accessories. While their clothes won''t last you forever, it is definitely wearable and durable at least for the next couple of years. Sales are always on and new styles are constantly being added to the site. I have recommended and know a lot of people who shops from Boohoo, so add an item into your basket even if you are unsure to reserve it! Popular stocks run out quite quickly even though they restock just as frequently too. Dispatch is insanely quick, I once ordered on a Saturday morning and by Sunday morning my order was labeled as ''Released for Dispatch'' - I got my package on that Tuesday. They issue returns in cash, the office usually takes a week or two to process it. I would recommend shopping at Boohoo if you are looking for cheap, latest fashion trend inspired clothing. If you are shopping for basics, coats or a good pair of shoes that you''d like to keep for the next 10 odd years or so, invest your money elsewhere.

10.07.2014 23:04

Advantages

• "Good present for younger people"
      • "Affordable price"
      • "Fast internet (Safari"
      • "App store"
      • "Pocket size"

Disadvantages

Worth the money! (Must get this iPod)

The Ipod4 Is excellent for people who can''t afford a phone but like to browse the internet when there out and about. Its the perfect size for the pocket and can grip firmly in the palm of your hand which makes this great for lots of things. Also because this is a Apple product it has three fabulous things, Safari App store and iTunes. Safari: Safari is essential to all Apple products since it is a great browser and really really fast! (All Apple products have Safari, App store and iTunes) App Store: The App store is at the heart of the iPod since there is a App for everyone and if there isn''t I''m shocked! There is many categories on it that you will probably get lost! Itunes: It says it in the name "Tunes" Yep! You can buy music and rent/buy movies on it! The actual design of the iPod touch is great it looks perfect stunning any better words i can describe it with! The camera is fine as well not bad at all! you can connect it to a computer and put all your photos you have taken onto the computer or vice versa. The battery life of the iPod can last around 2 and a half hours which is more than enough of searching internet. However it does go down quicker when watching movies. TIP: Playing a game? Low battery? Turn volume off it saves 25% of the battery just off the sound! I recommend this iPod to gamers and children for a present and everyone else that can''t afford a phone. It works just as well!

10.07.2014 22:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

An easy way to get your garlic

I have been taking Kwai GArlic CApsules for years - it was my mother who first recommended them to me as she had heard that they were supposed to be good for the heart and general circulation. I buy mine from Holland and Barrett and they cost about ten pounds for one month''s supply. They also come in another pack which contain less dried garlic but it means that you have to take three per day. As i often forget to take one of these every morning and I don''t like to swallow tablets anyway, it''s far easier for me to just have to take one. The ingredients are : Garlic powder, Sucrose, lactose, magnesium silicate, hydroypropylmethylcellulose, bulking agent cellulose powder, vegetable oil, anti-caking agent silicon dioxide, thickener acacia, anti-caking agent magnesium salts of fatty acids, povidone, glazing agents white beeswax and carnauba wax. They are in a silver blister pack and the tablets themselves are oval shaped, light golden in colour and slide down easier with a glass of milk than they do with a glas of water. What i really love abut these is than they never make my breath smell and they are an easy way to get your daily intake of garlic in a concentrated form. Garlic is said to be good for the heart and general circulation and I take them as I a sure i read somewhere than garlic is supposed to help boost the metabolism and as I am trying to lose some weight, I thought I would keep on taking them as I did stop for a period of time. They do work out a lot of money if you take them over a long period of time but i do feel that they have excellent health benefits and as i hardly get any coughs or colds or nasty viruses, i am sure they must be doing me some good. I do recommend them.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown