25.08.2016 13:17

Advantages

• "reading simply and easy on this"
      • "good sized screen"

Disadvantages

• "dust/ finger marks show up on screen too easily"
      • "screen slightly too reflective"

Excellent for reading and apps, but lacking in other ways

The Kindle Fire HD is an adequate device for its purpose. The screen is a good size for both reading books and any other activities that you can do on it. For example – watching TV, or playing games. (Sims on the kindle is perfect, as I found my phone slightly too small for these types of interactive games).
      Reading is made for your comfort, with settings to adjust the screen’s colour, text size, etc. It also allows you to highlight sections and check definitions of words (with built in dictionary). Simply, for those who enjoy reading on a kindle, this is very useful. However, if you only like reading and have no interest in apps, or video streaming, then a Kindle fire of any kind would be a waste to buy (stick with a regular kindle).
      I have issues with the screen in that it is slightly too reflective, despite me buying it with assurances of anti-reflect technology. This makes reading or video streaming difficult outside or even by a window. I have found the need to shut curtains when looking at something in dark colours. In the light, dust and finger marks show up very clearly. This is not very fun for someone trying to use it. I bought a cover for it and still dust settles and then leaves finger marks when you try to remove it.
      To be honest, if you asked me if I would buy this kindle again, my answer would be no. however, if any of the good qualities I have mentioned fit with what you desire from a kindle, then by all means purchase this.

• Samsung UE22F5410 / LCD TV / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.08.2016 12:55

Advantages

• "Brilliant sound quality "
      • "Great quality picture"
      • " etc."
      • " Youtube"
      • " Amazon Prime"
      • "Great for watching Netflix"

Disadvantages

• "size makes it slightly too small to watch from across the room"
      • "Internet doesn't always work"

Good investment, despite my own personal issues with it

I was always slightly reluctant to buy a smart TV, however when I sold my Xbox, I needed some way to watch Netflix and other video streaming applications. I was pleasantly surprised with how well I got on with this smart TV. I’m not exactly a buff when it comes to technology, but this TV was extremely user-friendly.
      Turning on the TV to watch Netflix, YouTube, or Amazon Prime, was so easy and quick – with no long-winded setup required (3 button pushes and you’re in!)
      The HD quality picture is outstanding and fills the entire screen. The TV hardly buffers at all, making the HD quality picture constant whatever and wherever you’re watching something.
      The sound quality is outstanding for a small TV. The sound travels very far in all directions, without the need to surround sound systems. The sound is clear and crisp, making watching anything from movies to music ridiculously easy. My father is slightly dead in one ear, yet he says he finds no trouble hearing the sound from my TV down the hall, on as low a volume as 10/100.
      My only grievance with this television is that the applications (Netflix, etc.) require a good internet connection. I have found that my TV disconnects from the internet occasionally, forcing me to input the Wi-Fi password again. Now, I am not saying that this happens with all these TV’s. all I can say is that the internet only ever disconnects on this TV and not any other device I own. I don’t know whether this is due to my internet connection, or the individual TV itself, or even just my rotten luck. I thought it was worth mentioning.
      Overall this TV was an investment I don’t regret, despite any issues I may have with it, because in my opinion, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

• 'Salem's Lot - Stephen King / Fiction Book / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.08.2016 11:54

Advantages

• "refreshing horror-view of vampires"
      • "rich and developed characters "
      • "Plot was gripping and compelling"

Disadvantages

• "definitely not a light read (too many characters and information for that)"

Refreshing horror view of vampires and one to read (and read again)

This book is absolutely spectacular and one of my favourites. Although I only gave it 4 stars, I can assure you that this book is one that I loved reading the first, second and even third time I read it, and one I would not hesitate to read again. Salem’s Lot was the first of Stephen King’s works that I read, and it single handily made me a lover of King’s works for the rest of my life.
      The characters themselves were written so beautifully. Stephen King managed to make people with rather mundane existences into vibrant and fascinating characters that fitted into this fantastical horror novel perfectly. Each character slotted perfectly into their roles, and when things started to go awry, you feel empathy for these characters as if you knew them.
      Ben Mears, who when you first begin the book, is perceived as the main character (and appears to be from the blurb of the novel). He returns to his childhood town after being plagued by nightmares, only to find a completely different horror awaiting him. Although he stands out as a key player in this novel, there are many other characters who the story focuses on and subsequently brings to life.
      However, the sheer number of characters’ present in the novel leads to the inevitable outcome that some characters are easily skimmed over, and not shown in much detail. This is an issue, because when they are mentioned later in the book, it is easy to forget who they are. Basically, this book is not for light reading.
      The plot itself was very gripping, and when reading you find yourself desperate to know the ending, while at the same time not wanting to finish such an engrossing novella.
      This horror classic, although it came out in 1975 (being Stephen King’s 2nd novel), it is still highly relevant and feels new. When reading, I certainly would have never of guessed that it was written over 40 years ago. Feeling like a contemporary novel, “Salem’s Lot” is a refreshing change from the over romanticised vampires we see today. The darkness and horror of this story makes it both the stuff of nightmares and a stunningly memorable read.
      The ending of this book was one of the best endings that any book I read has ever had. Unlike most books, who go with the cliché ending along the lines of “they lived happily ever after...” Or at least, something along those lines; this book set up a mystery with the ending that will give you chills. I don’t want to give too much away. So I’ll just say that this book told a story and the ending turned the outcomes of that story into folklore and would frighten even the bravest of men.

24.08.2016 19:58

Advantages

• "Good film"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap to get in"

I Wish - A film I saw here

Country – Japan
      Awards – 5 Wins & 9 Nominations
      Amazon –£8.68 DVD £9.99 Blue Ray
      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Due to Ciao’s bizarre new suggestion rules to get products actually posted up here it may be wise to recommend products through the retailer listed on ciao that’s selling it, when you search for the product. It helped to get this obscure foreign film up. As I watch lot of this type of movie it’s a ray of hope for the movie season in the winter. It’s not a bad little movie, to, from Japan and one worth seeing if you like your films to be sweet and innocent and not too angry. Japanese films have a certain serenity to them that’s hard to resist and this is one of them. I quite like the idea of marrying a Japanese woman. They tend not to get hammered and lie in the street and don’t have tatoos all over them for all to see. Who’s coming to Tokyo with me then!

===Cast===

• Yoshio Harada as Wataru Yamamoto
      • Kirin Kiki as Hideko Ohsako
      • Isao Hashizume as Shukichi Ohsako

===Plot===

In the Japanese city of Kagoshima, a young boy, Kohichi (Kohichi Maeda ) lives with his ex actress mother Nozomi (Nene Otsuka) in the house of his grandparents. Koichi misses his younger brother Ryunosuke (Ohshiro Maeda) and his drop out musician father Kenji (Joe Odagiri), who lives in the industrial city of Fukuoka after the marriage fell apart, the brooding volcano nearby to Ry a metaphor for their family.They haven’t physically met for six months so chat on the phone a lot. It’s his greatest wish for them to be together again.

One day, Koichi overhears on TV that the energy released by two of the new Bullet Trains passing by each other would grant wishes and he invites his two best friends, Tasuku (Nene Otsuka) and Makoto (Kirin Kiki), to travel to the point of intersection of the two trains half way between the two brother’s cities. But they will have to keep it secret from their parents and need money to buy train tickets, 1200 Yen ($20 each), the plan to literally scrape the cash together by poking sticks under the cities vending machines looking for coins. Koichi also tells his plan to Ryunosuke, who invites his three best mates from school to join him. Soon the seven children arrive at the meeting point as their adventure begins. The kids all have a wish to make. One wants to be an actress, another wants his pet dog to come back to life. It’s a mixed bag. We know what the brothers wish is. He even takes his grand parents wish, who are in on the trip and covering for them.

===Results===

I really enjoyed this, a refreshingly sweet tale of childhood innocence and the pressing pressures of grown up angst of being a parent. We were all kids once and the parents only job back then to let us enjoy that time. Nothing worse than seeing parents scold kids for being kids. Being an adult is never as much fun though. But seeing those kid’s innocent smiles on film always makes you go with it, especially Asian ones, their kids always that little bit cuter, sweeter and nicer. This film has its darker moments around the children but never interested in making statements or adding malice and jeopardy for no reason. Seeing 7 young kids jump on a train and go on an adventure without parents would truly terrify us today. It also looks great and brings to life urban Japan in a way you don’t see often.

It’s contemporary Japan the kids weave their dreams into and the director cleverly drawing delightful naturalistic performances from them, especially when they discuss their dreams to camera. To quote a review in the film – ‘You watch it remembering the days when you should have walked but simply had to run’. Its all about those freedoms kids have afforded to them by convention but never far away from adult anxieties of that bubble bursting.

You will enjoy this one from the off as we meet the adorable and real life Maeda brothers, one guarded, one happy all the time, and the pleasure they get from simple things like swimming and the perils of teachers dressing them down. We don’t want to know their troubles but enjoy their relationships on screen as they plan their escape missions. The adult acting, like the kids, funds the right tone and top notch, a touch of the Spielberg to it. It’s a story about evolving emotions as it is about pure escapism. I know when I was a kid I was always building dens and panning exciting trips and bike rides.

===RATINGS===

Imdb.com – /10.0 (votes)
      Rottentomatos.com – 94% critic’s approval
      Metacritic.com – % critic’s approval

===Trailer===

===Special Features===

===Critics===

The Mail –‘Like the Bullett train, "I Wish" is slow to build momentum, and then it carries us away in a wondrous rush.

Time Out –‘Every performance works, every character fits, every observation rings true’

Arizona Times –‘What's so remarkable about the happiness the film brings is its simplicity’.

Seattle Times –‘You watch it remembering the days when you should have walked but simply had to run, and when you believed that, if you wished hard enough, your dead pet just might come back again/

Chicago Sun Times –‘[The] film is built around performances by two real-life brothers who are as unaffected, spirited and lovable as I can imagine, and one of the pleasures of "I Wish" is simply spending time with them’.

Bangkok Post –‘I Wish is a fine example of a feel-good movie that doesn't look away from the sharper edge of life when it's necessary’.

Radio Times –‘It's Koreeda's subtly elliptical storytelling and measured control of character, locale and pace that makes this so engaging’.

===========

24.08.2016 18:38

Advantages

• "scenery is beautiful"
      • "actors and characters are superb"

Disadvantages

• "missing book moments that would have 100% improved the film"

Unique film and great beginning to such an amazing trilogy

For many, The Lord of the Rings trilogy remains to this day one of the most memorable and magical book series of all time. Then in 2001, Peter Jackson turned these much loved books into a series of movies, which were highly successful.
      The first film in this instalment, The Fellowship of the Ring; was an absolutely superb introduction to The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
      The characters are as diverse as they are interesting. They range from hobbits to men, from dwarves to elves, from wizards to orcs and goblins. Each group of creatures have their own unique idiosyncrasies which help the viewer separate them, not to mention their varying appearances. You will find zero difficulty knowing whether a character is an elf, a dwarf, a man, etc. The quantity of characters is almost perfect. With just enough characters to make the plot lines and story interesting; yet not so many that you become bogged down in them as individuals. Plus, it’s a lot easier to remember specifics of a few characters and empathise with them; than attempting this with a huge and unnecessary amount of characters, that is often the case with interesting and in-depth series like this.
      The actors themselves are simply amazing. Every one of them is as perfect for their roles as they could possibly be. Their performances make you feel as though you aren’t watching a movie with actors and scripts, but the events taking place have a remarkable level of realism, for a series about magical creatures in a magical land. The cast boasts such fantastic acting talent as: Elijah Wood (Frodo Baggins), whose singular performance helps guide you through the trials that the one Ring causes for its bearers; Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), who is so unique in that Aragorn is able to go from mysterious, to angry, to kind, in the blink of an eye; the great Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf the Grey), who is one of the greatest actors of the last century; and my personal favourite character, Samwise Gamgee, played by Sean Astin. The character himself, coupled with Sean Astin outstanding delivery, creates a performance that is not only endearing, but carries you through this movie with ease.
      Middle Earth in The Lord of the Rings movies remains to this day one of the most cinematically breath taking settings. Every single place in Middle Earth is unique and well crafted, bringing even more realism to these films. One thing I found particularly wonderful is how each locale reflected whoever lives there. The Shire, inhabited by the Hobbits, reflects their personalities in that, “hobbits have a love of all things that grow”; the shire is a green paradise, with fields stretching as far as the eye can see. The elves, who are wise, beautiful and graceful, inhabit places such as, Rivendell and Lothlorien. These places encompass natural beauty and feel very wistful and magical as you watch the characters pass through them.
      The story is rather long (particularly in the extended edition) and if you sadly cannot watch three 3-hour films (Fellowship, 2 towers, and return of the king), then this is unfortunately not the trilogy for you. However, if you don’t mind that, then this plot is gripping and interesting. The Lore of Middle Earth is akin to that of the “A Song of Ice and Fire” (Game of Thrones) universe; with its in-depth information about the various creatures and places in Middle Earth, that are scattered throughout this film. The journey that you watch the characters go in is never dull (how many times in movie history have we been forced to sit through a journey that has some rather dull moments). No, in this film there is always a new place to go, a new character to meet, or a new thing to learn.
      The extended edition is well worth purchasing. I had watched the theatrical version before I purchased the extended edition. To be honest, I wasn’t really bothered about getting an extended edition before I did – what could really be the difference? Well once I had invested in the extended edition, I realised how much better it is. With 30 minutes of extra footage to enjoy. The extended edition brings a whole new layer to the story.
      Unfortunately, I do have one issue with these films. It is a small thing, and unimportant to those who haven’t read the books. I have so I was rather disappointed for the amount of detail and scenes that were skipped over, even in the extended edition. For example, one chapter from the books that I did enjoy was Tom Bombadil, who helped Frodo, Merry, Pippin and Sam through one of the many dark forests in Middle Earth (and trust me, there are many). But to have him not so much as mentioned in the films was a huge disappointment. I know it’s a small nit-pick, but for a 3-hour film, there were many parts of the book left out that could have added more magic to the story.
      Overall the film is one of my favourites and is definitely one to watch. With the perfect mix of magical mystery and very real emotion and characters, this film sets up The Lord of the Rings trilogy spectacularly.

23.08.2016 23:22

Advantages

• "Reliable "
      • "Stylish Look"
      • "Very Easy To Use"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Stylish but Pricey

I recently was in the market for a new espresso machine for my apartment, I myself am a man on the move especially in the morning. Upon the hefty purchase of the Saeco Royal Cappuccino machine - from Amazon - I placed it in my kitchen and I couldn't wait to integrate this wonderful piece of technology into my life. It was very easy to set up and it was easy to use as well, I often found it was very helpful and I was able to make a good quality coffee in the morning before work.

However as I have stated, this product has it's flaws and the biggest one for me is it's price, during my time using this machine I found myself always wanting to try and justify myself as to the value of this purchase, however with a purchase this hefty I would expect more than just a coffee, for the £570 price tag I could get 180 Cappuccino's from a high street coffee retailer such as Costa or Starbucks. Which leads you to expect the quality of Starbucks, however I didn't have that feeling.

I have still got the machine and it really has lasted quite in the past 2 months that I've had it, I cannot fault the reliability of the machine and on my worktop it looks like a neat piece of kit. Also when people have visited me they've highlighted the machine and it's sleek appearance, for many a modern person I cannot recommend this product any higher to you. I think if you've a bank balance that supports this purchase then it's a great purchase to make, however if you're unsure and want an average product then this is not the one for you I am afraid.

23.08.2016 20:10

Advantages

• "I called to ask a few questions before ordering and they were very helpful "
      • "Way cheaper than any brand name with the same spec"
      • "I got exactly what I wanted"

Disadvantages

• Carmarthenshire

Don't pay extra for brand name computers

Very impressed with these guys, laptop is brilliant, great service, couldn't ask for more.

• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      23.08.2016 00:18

Advantages

• price
      • quality

Disadvantages

• "images need to be exact"

Bons produtos! Boa relação qualidade preço!

Very good quality and prices!
      hard to upload own image.
      needed to change sizes more than once!
      that made my order take to long to arrive!
      The item was with great quality paper and printting. will use it again, now with images perfectly prepared!
      the flyers prices are good but the rest that i saw could be a bit more cheap.
      Im in portugal and the prices for portugal is a bit high compared to local printing companies.
      i would recomend it to friends... easy to get items prices. a bit of what you see is what you get!
      will try in near future other type of products to check the other produts quality, starting my companies is good to have one partner with the variety that PRINT24 have.
      Os portes poderiam ser gratuitos! mas claro que nao se pode pedir tudo! No geral acho uma empresa idonea e seria e que leva o seu trabalho com respeito! Tendo em conta que a minha primeira encomenda foi somente 250 flyers e de amostra nao posso me adiantar muito mais em relação aos produtos. irei em breve encomendar de facto mais e talvez nessa altura tenha mais com que dizer da empresa. Tirando o facto que foi dificil envia a minha propria imagem para produção, que por uma questao de "mm" foi preciso o meu designer rectificar a imagem o que acrretou custos para mim. Podiam de facto ser menos rigidos nesse ponto.
      Ou ter software proprio para que se pudesse ajustar no proprio pedido

• The Brood (Blu Ray) / Blu-Ray Movie / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.08.2016 22:52

Advantages

Disadvantages

sdsds

David Cronenberg. Hearing that name, it suddenly occurred to ME directly poster moving-picture show japanese guarantees. Why ought to the moving-picture show? as a result of that is the solely movie he's acquainted to ME, even supposing i personally had not had time to look at it (I'm not kidding). Anyway, cool posters, and so his image continues to be embedded in my mind. Okay, i one
      When used as a pronoun, it must be used consistently: One must manage one's money

22.08.2016 18:22

Advantages

• "original and interesting story concept"
      • "lovely characters"

Disadvantages

• "slightly bogged down in wanting to tick all the boxes"

Great first book to start off a series, if a little too rushed

“In the green hills of Dorset lies a hidden place of secrets, passion and fatal conflict”. The tag line on my copy of this book grabbed my attention instantly. The content didn’t completely disappoint. The book was indeed filled with “secrets, passion and fatal conflict”, if a little too much.
      The setting brings a brilliantly magical side to the mundane. Unlike books set in far away and fictional places, this book is set in Dorset. This creates a level of realism in the magical mysteries contained within the pages. It feels almost as if any person could stumble onto this completely separate and magical world within our own simple one.
      The characters are vibrant and provoke empathy from the reader, no matter their flaws. Each character is unique because it can be related to by one demographic of readers. The book itself is unique in that, although there is a debatable ‘main’ character, a reader doesn’t necessarily identify with them. Whether you identify with Sylvie, or Yul, or even Magus; the book is thoroughly enjoyable and a great first book to start the Stonewylde series (Book 2: Moondance of Stonewylde).
      However, it an attempt to tick all the metaphorical boxes that books today need to in order to sell big; this book makes the fatal error of trying to pack everything into one small novel. In my opinion anyway. By the time I had finished this book, the entire story seemed to have converged into one single story line, everything else had been practically resolved. I felt like the book would have had a larger impact if it had been slightly longer in order to include all the detail it did, removing the need to rush through certain aspects of the story. for example, the romance story lines felt like a last minute throw in and didn't seem entirely relevant or necessary for the rest of the story. The book was relatively short by today’s standards. This meant that, whilst some aspects of the plot were concisely and beautifully laid out, others lacked the detail required to really get a reaction from the reader.
      Despite its failings (however few there were), this book was a thoroughly enjoyable read and I would recommend it to my fellow readers and reviewers alike.

22.08.2016 14:08

Advantages

• "story is fun and interesting"
      • "Acting is all round amazing"

Disadvantages

• "could have explored other themes and storylines"
      • "finished too soon"

Despite disappointments, definitely one to watch (and then watch again)

Merlin is one of those unique shows that come along one in a blue moon. It’s a perfect mix of funny and sad, heart-warming and tragic. For anyone who grew up with stories of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round table; BBC’s Merlin is a refreshing retake on those myths we all love.
      Merlin, a young farm boy (yep, no old man with a beard in this show, well not at the start anyway), moves to Camelot, where he meets Guinevere, Gaius, Morgana, King Uther and pompous Price Arthur. Despite a rocky start, Merlin makes his mark on Camelot and everyone in it, leading to many adventures and a fully enjoyable show.
      I have given this show 4 stars, because the episodes made were absolutely brilliant, there wasn’t a single episode that I wholly disliked, as sadly happens with a lot of shows. The acting was absolutely superb from everyone. Most noticeably, Colin Morgan (who plays Merlin), who gave the performance of his life in every single episode.
      Sadly, this show has lost a star for me simply for finishing too early. Not just with the sheer number of episodes, but with the storylines as well. Once you have watched the show which I sincerely hope you do, you’ll see what I mean). A large part of the story that frankly could have been adequately addressed in 2-3 more episodes was skipped over, resulting in many viewers being rather disappointed with the ending.
      Despite this, the show is one that I have watched many times and will watch again, because it is one of a kind and I haven’t seen a BBC historical drama yet that can match up to it.

22.08.2016 13:43

Advantages

• "characters are vibrant and feel alive"
      • "deeply immersive"

Disadvantages

• " unless you don't like dragons and thrones"
      • none

If you do one thing in your spare time, please read this book.

I am a self-confessed member of the “read Game of Thrones after watching the TV show” (pause for anger from book fans); and I can say that one of my great regrets is that I didn’t read game of thrones sooner than I did. It is simply spectacular.
      Many will look at a book a large a game of thrones (approximately 800 pages) and find it too daunting to read. Excuses such as: having no time, or fear there will be too much detail that will weigh the story down. Fear not. I think everyone who has seen or even heard of the TV series “Game of Thrones” will know it as one of the most amazing shows of our time. The books are just as amazing as the series, if not better.
      The first book in “A song of Ice and Fire” series, “A Game of Thrones” begins you on the journey through so many people’s storylines. That is what makes this book and the subsequent books so unique. Instead of following a single, or even 2 or 3 storylines like most books; George RR Martin brings you a chapter on nearly every main character (trust me, there are a lot of them). As a result, you get to know and empathise with every character, no matter who they are. Despite the character narrating changing in every chapter, it is easy to keep up and understand. This is simply due to the frankly astoundingly beautiful writing talent of Mr Martin. The writing style changes slightly with ever different character’s chapter, creating the feeling of different people talking in each one. If fact, whilst reading this novel, I found me hearing the character’s voices and being able to picture them so clearly in my head.
      For those still contemplating whether or not to read the “A Song of Ice and Fire” series, I speak to you as a person who watched the TV series first (as most of you will have), then read the books. The show did not lower my opinion of the books in the slightest. I found the books to be a refreshing, interesting and gripping series of novels, which I have recommended insistently and loudly to most people I know.

22.08.2016 12:46

Advantages

• "Good brand"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

Yale keeps out a gale

The other day a middle aged lady came around me mums and asked for three quid on behalf of an elderly neighbor in the street who needed emergency cash for the electric meter. My mum is no more gullible than any other pensioner but handed over the money anyway as it seemed plausible and only a small amount. The lady said she would pop the money back later that day. She didn’t, of course, a bog standard doorstep scam as old as time itself. Men are not so trusting and far more cynical and would never hand over money like that. The woman knows that people would not call the cops over three quid and she could target a few houses in the area in that time. The problem with my mom is she will fill in these junk mail competitions and doesn’t realize the sole purpose of those competitions is to amass a database of gullible pensioners, often with dementia, to target hem for scams by selling on the database to the unscrupulous. I’m not saying the lady that knocked the door had a list of addresses but it’s not uncommon. 75% of all internet scams snare older people, losing, on average, 6 grand. Although most fraud is online these days and gets into your house down a fiber optic cable it can still be at your doorstep. If you do have elderly parents living on their own it’s not a bad idea to fit a secure lock to shut their doors on people with bad intentions. Because doorstep thieves are very confident and plausible and only take small amounts then, as I say, few report it. There is a lot of this type of fraud going on unreported. You have to keep the old folks safe.

To put our minds at rest me and my brother went around mums and fitted one of these locks. The current lock on her front door (our old family home) is as old as mother and could be kicked through easily. Yale is the big name in locks, of course, and good quality kit and so first pick. This is a British 5 Lever Sashlock and top of the range stuff and as many of you know the state of your house security affects your house insurance payouts if you get robbed. You can’t argue with this brand name and even Jason Bourne couldn’t pick it. If you buy a cheap one from Wilko you may get hassle from the man from the Pru when you want your money. It’s ‘Insurance approved’, apparently. This lock is more suited to the backdoor as it has along handle key but mom is always losing small keys so not a bad idea in the end.

Fitting them can be a pain as the casing may not be standard and so you need to chisel out a bit of your door to get it to fit smug. Make sure it’s about the right size as any wobble in the door frame and it maybe useless. Ours was a snug fit and easy to get the old lock out and slot this in the new space. The five lever bit I am confused about but guessing it has five bits inside that need to be in place for it to open with the right key. You get two keys with it and always best to get two more cut just in case. When you first buy a lock that’s the best time to buy a spare cut key as its more suited to the internal mechanism that will get worn over time. A new key is more likely to work snugly into an older lock mechanism, apparently. You don’t get a door handle with this kit and so best to fit it just below the old handle but leaving enough gap not interfere with the handles mechanism in the doorframe. The lock cost around £35 but cheaper if you shop around. I paid £29.99.

On the whole a decent sturdy lock for a fair price. We are around mums a lot and so far no problems. I am actually quite pleased with my handiwork. It’s held in place by screws so best to tighten them when you feel any sort of give as these locks need to be aligned or they sometimes trip and you cant open them because the lock is designed not to work if it feels forced. No one wants to be climbing through windows at our age as it defeats the object of the exercise somewhat.

22.08.2016 11:58

Advantages

• "Competitive pricing"
      • "Highly customizable"

Disadvantages

Would use again for any PC requirements.

Purchased Intel NUC - able to easily select specific components to meet my requirements, plus specify the software I wanted/did not want loading. Delivered in reasonable time frame.

22.08.2016 10:03

Advantages

• "Great quality"
      • "Competitive pricing"
      • "Lets you customize everything"

Disadvantages

• "Takes for ever to start building"

I am happy with their service, will definitely be buying from them again in future

Overall I am very happy with my order, the laptop that I bought was really good and a lot better than what I thought it would be possible with my budget. The build quality was excellent, although it did take a long time to get into the building stage.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown