• Onkyo HT-S9405THX / Home Cinema System / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.07.2015 17:33

Advantages

• "Very nice looking"
      • "Nice price "
      • "Easy setup"
      • "Great sound"

Disadvantages

• "No native dvd or blue ray player"

In conclusion this is a very good product and would recommend it!

Right out of the box, I should say that among home theater in a box systems, the Onkyo HT-S9400THX is arguably the best deal on the comparison chart. The features you get for the money you spend weighs heavily in favor of it's features.

In the box of the Onkyo HT-S9400THX, you will find the following components: an AV receiver, seven different speakers and of course the subwoofer. I were impressed at how easy it is to set up this system. Where to place each speaker in any given room is easily found. The system includes a microphone that detects where you place each speaker. It then calibrates the system to that certain setup, giving you an optimum listening experience no matter the setup you choose.

The THX on the end of the Onkyo HT-S9400THX indicates that the system uses the THX standard for its surround sound experience. Millions of movie theaters around the world use the same standard. Bringing THX into your home is never considered a mistake. Onkyo did a great job building this powerful sound system into its quite small speaker system.

One drawback to the Onkyo HT-S9400THX is that it does not include a original DVD or Blu-ray player. It's perfectly compatible with a vast majority of the players on today's market though. However, an integrated player would ensure that the system's settings and controls are best suited for that particular player. You can achieve the same effect, but you have to mess around with the menus and settings for a little while.

A cool feature of this system we should mention is that you can use your iPhone as a remote control for the Onkyo HT-S9400THX. All you have to do is go on the app store and search Onkyo, and the first result should be the Onkyo Remote app. It's free and is a great tool to get, especially for those who are always losing remote controls.

Connectivity features on the Onkyo HT-S9400THX leave little to be achieved. It boasts four separate HDMI ports. Therefore, you can connect multiple HD devices to the system simultaneously. Other options include the very good composite, component and coaxial connections for analog devices that utilize the analog signals.

The Onkyo HT-S9400THX posses the ability to stream content straight from the internet. All the popular streaming sites such as Hulu, YouTube, Pandora and more are available right from the system's menus.

04.07.2015 17:21

Advantages

Disadvantages

Nice But Only Available In Small Bottles

I was given a gift set recently with this Umberto Giannini miniature shampoo in it alongside the conditioner.

~ Packaging ~
      It comes in a light yellow coloured bottle with silver writing on it and a silver domed lid.

~ Price and availability ~
      Umberto Giannini Dazzling Shine shampoo is available in a 250ml bottle from Boots for £5.60. It often comes up on their 3 for 2 offers.

~ In Use ~
      The shampoo is a transparent yellow colour, which I thought was unusual for shampoo. It is quite thin in consistency making it easy to get out of the bottle, which is always a good thing especially as you’re coming to the end of the bottle.
      It has a lovely, subtle, floral scent. I find that the scent lingers in my hair after using this shampoo as well, which is great.
      It creates a nice, thick, soapy lather and makes my hair feel clean as soon as I have lathered the product up and applied it to my hair.
      It makes my hair feel fresh, soft and hydrated. Some shampoos make my hair feel dry as soon as I’ve washed my hair, but this one makes me feel as though I don’t even have to use a conditioner with it. Apparently clear shampoos tend to be more hydrating.
      I have enjoyed using this shampoo, but I can’t justify £5.60 for 250ml. I like to buy larger bottles of shampoo so that they last longer. I have long hair and I wash it every day so I got through shampoo quite quickly. I can find larger bottles of shampoo for quite a bit less than £5.60.
      Cheaper branded shampoos still work well for me and make my hair feel clean and allow me to keep my hair in good condition so I don’t think paying more has any more benefits. I would just be paying for the nice scent, which is unique to this shampoo.
      I don’t think I would buy this again for myself, but I am glad to have received it in the gift set that I was given and I would be happy to receive it again in the future.
      If you usually buy shampoo for around the £5.00 it is a nice shampoo and it is very hydrating, but for me the price is not worth it.

• London & Country Mortgages / Mortgage / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.07.2015 16:37

Advantages

• "Overall customer exoerience"
      • "Professionalism "
      • "Speed of service"

Disadvantages

Outstanding mortgage advisor - highly recommended

M1922603 - from start to finish I've found L&C to be professional in the expert advice they provide - particularly Daniel McCarthy. They were quick to respond to my initial inquiry and guided me through my options polite and patient way. They got back me when they said they would and provided a quick and efficient service by keeping me informed every step of the way with excellent communication by phone, email and the online tracking service.
      I would certainly use L&C again

04.07.2015 16:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Crunchy Treat For Older Puppies and Dogs

I recently bought these for my two dogs. These particular Pedigree Markies are actually treats that are aimed at puppies and are slightly smaller sized than the regular Markies but my dogs will eat anything. I also have two dogs who are quite different in size so I often buy smaller sized treats for my littler dog.

These come in a little 300g sized bag. They are easy to open and they stay fresh in the packet. The packet can be folded over a little bit to keep the contents inside. The packet is printed in the recognisable colours of Pedigree and has an attractive design. Product information is printed on the back of the packet including full ingredients, brand information and more.

These chicken flavoured treats contain meat and animal derivatives as well as oil, fats and minerals. They are a dry biscuit style treat in a roll shape. The core of the roll looks like a dried meaty substance whilst the outer edge of the roll looks like a milky biscuit crust. They are about an inch in length and are quite crunchy and hard when chewed.

My dogs seem to love both the texture and the flavour of these treats. As mentioned my dogs are different sizes and weights and my smaller terrier dog seems to have more difficulty chomping down on these than my large sized springer spaniel. The treats are so chunky that they are not suitable for puppies under four months old so be aware of this before you purchase these. There is a guide to feeding on the packet and this requires you to know what your dog weighs or it's weight approximately.

I would recommend these treats for those with older puppies and fully grown dogs too, especially if you have a small sized dog. They cost me around £1.30 and are available at supermarkets and pet food stores such as Pets At Home.

• LG IPS236V-PN / LCD Monitor / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.07.2015 16:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

Quality monitor from LG

I have been using this monitor for 5 years and it's still good as new. Never had any problems, I really have nothing bad to say about it. I use it for my PC and it's one of the best choices I have made.

If I remember correctly, I bought this for 140 euros on a sale. It came in a huge box as all monitors do. The box is very practical because I still use it to pack up my monitor when I need to move. It has a handle on top, so you can carry it as a briefcase.

The packing/unpacking is pretty straighforward. The circle base is detachable, you use a coin to unscrew the bottom and take it off. Then all you need to do is connect the HDMI to your pc and the power cable on some power source. The monitor is 23'' which is amazing, its color is sleek black, and it has an orange part on the stand. The on/off button is not pressable, but a touch-screen like button. The only thing I mind about this structure is that the screen wobbles a lot, when I happen to hit the desk or something. I have to be very careful because it's delicate.

I'm very happy with the screen output and colors, everything seems amazing and vivid, and pictures have a great quality. Every movie I have watched in 1080p has been great, I am also an avid gamer so graphic quality means a lot to me. Again, this monitor did not disappoint me. Although your graphics card determined how crisp your graphics get, the monitor can't be underestimated either.

I fully recommend this, as it's one of the best monitors I have ever used.

04.07.2015 15:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good choice but USB gets disconnected.

This is my second purchase from Seagate, after getting their 500gb external hard drive. It's the one I currently use on a daily basis, as my 500gb one is already full. My impression of this one is quite better, although it is not fully functional either, which makes me think that I might not buy another Seagate drive in the future. However, it's still a pretty good one and does the job fine.

Appearance-wise, this is identical to the 500gb one. Same size, same design. It's very sleek looking and shiny black in color. It has a mirror effect that reflects the surroundings on the surface. It also has the Seagate mark and a little led that blinks when the drive is active.

Capacity-wise this is great. I have been using it for 5 years and I still haven't gotten it full, although I download a load of anime episodes/movies/series and I never delete stuff. I'm very satisfied.

Due to its size, I can't imagine carrying it around a lot. In fact it's always on my desk, and I try not to move it around because it tends to shut down when I do. But I'll get to that later.

After 3 years of use, the USB port on the drive started being a bit "loose". I don't know how to describe this but it just doesn't make proper contact with the cable. I might move the cable or the drive and it disconnects very easily, even though the usb is plugged in. I don't know how to deal with this, so I try not to move it around. This might be a huge problem for some of you, so if you feel that you need to move it, try something else. For me it's working fine since I never have to carry it.

I give it 4 stars because it's very useful and good quality, but these random disconnects are annoying.

04.07.2015 15:23

Advantages

Disadvantages

Decent drive, but cable was faulty.

I currently own 2 external hard drives by Seagate, and I will give both 4 stars because although they do the job, each one has a flaw that I can't fix. As you might have noticed, hard drive space used to be very expensive when external drives started coming out. I purchased this one back in 2009 after a friend recommended it to me. At that time, 500gb used to be a big deal, and I believe I paid about 80 euros for it. I was very happy to have it, since I used to be and still am an anime series collector, which means that I download loads of episodes day after day and they need to be permanently stored somewhere. So I started off with this 500gb drive.

It came in a cardboard white box, with pictures and details on it. It came with a usb cable and of course the power adapter cable. I never really used it as a portable device, just plugged in my laptop and let it stay on my desk always. The actual drive is very sleek, black in color, and it has the Seagate mark on the front along with a little green dot that lights up when the drive is active. It powers up when you turn on your computer, and shuts off if you turn it off.

For the first few years it worked wonderful, I did not mind the fact that it's not USB 3.0 compatible, I'm a patient person and I don't bother with speed. I stored all the stuff I wanted without a problem. However, at some point I found out that the power adapter cable was faulty, and that meant that I could not use it anymore. I tried to find a replacement but alas, there was nothing to find.

After a few months I purchased another Seagate drive 2TB from the exact same line, which used the same usb cables and power adapters. I could use my 500gb drive again by plugging on my new adapter. But the fact that my whole drive went useless after the cable broke, saddened me deeply, and this is the only reason I give this 4 stars.

Should you buy it? I believe that there are better alternatives out there now, but if you are on a budget and find a good bargain for this, you can give it a try.

04.07.2015 14:24

Advantages

• "Mostly natural ingredients "
      • "Adds some radiance"
      • "Smooths and softens"
      • "Smells incredible "

Disadvantages

• "No better than cheaper products "
      • "Results not long lasting"

An incredible scent makes a nice product

I recieved a Balance Me Radiance face mask from my sisterI recieved a Radiance Face Mask free with a magazine, she passed it on as she already had a tube of it and did not like the scent. I on the other the aroma, but I still would not buy this myself..

Balance Me use the tagline "beauty that works naturally". They make paraben and mineral oil free products with a high percentage of natural ingredients. The Radiance fsce mask is described as 98% natural and it's free of sulphates, petroleum, silicones, and artificial colour and fragrances. The mask is clay based and suitable for all skin types. It is intended to cleanse, polish, hydrate, brighten and exfoliate skin, the last benefit coming from walnut shell pieces.

You will pay 8GBP for a 75ml mask, or 4.50 for a 15ml tube. My magazine freebie tube is 30ml.

< br />

The mask has a lighter and creamier feel than a lot of clay products. It goes on beautifully, like a moisturising cream, albeit one with a "bitty" feel thanks to the walnut shell pieces. The scent is absolutely out of this world. At first I could mainly smell chamomile and aloe vera ingredients, but as time wore on, the the rose geranium and rosemary oils broke through. In fact the scent constantly develops without ever becoming overpowering.

Just the simple process of spreading the mask out actually feels like it is doing something in this case. You can see and feel the walnut pieces but they are fine in texture and don't make you are being flayed alive.

* Hydrates - my skin did not feel especially hydrated but it did not feel dried out either.

* Brightens and exfoliates - My skin did look brighter and a little more radiant without a doubt but the results were not still obvious the next day.

*Cleanses - I did not notice any deep cleansing of my pesky nose pores, which block easily but to be fair the product promise does not suggest a deep clean. My skin did feel very refreshed though .As it costs more than the products I usually buy, and does nothing special for my skin, it doesn't make sense to buy this myself, much as I love the companies approach. I have decided on 4 stars to reflect a great scent and average performance.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.07.2015 14:09

Advantages

• "a quality product"
      • "website easy to use"
      • "Competitive prices"

Disadvantages

Simply the best custom-build option online

I wanted a desktop with the necessary bang to be an outstanding games and photo editing platform for years to come while also being upgradeable & reliable. After years of buying off the shelf from the high street, only to discover that the machine I'd bought was struggling almost before it was paid for I did some research & found myself at PC Specialist. There are other similar services online it's true but none offered the sheer variety of options, quality parts & overall build quality for a comparable price. For the first time ever I now have exactly the machine I want and I didn't have to extend the mortgage to get it! Highly recommended.

• Mythic Oil / Hair Care / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      04.07.2015 13:38

Advantages

• "helps protect hair"

Disadvantages

• expensive

Oil for hair

How I got mine
      I thought I had struck gold when I spotted this product in my Glossybox a few months ago. Double lucky as I got sent the box twice by mistake and was the proud owner of two bottles.

What did it do?
      Unfortunately it didn't seem to do anything good for my hair, just turned it in to an oily mess. I tried it again using less the next time (virtually none at all the second time) and I got better results and no oily hair!

Sparingly
      When I use this mythic oil I spray it in to towel dried hair and it really seems to help reduce the amount of drying time I have to spend on my hair.

Simple is best
      I am not one for using a lot of products on my hair, I like to leave it but I know I do need to use the odd conditioning treatment on the lengths and ends of my hair to keep it looking and feeling healthy and I feel this oil definitely contributes to that.

Keep going
      Now I know to use less I am persevering with this product as a lot of people online are raving about it and they must know something I don't about the mythic oil!

How much?
      Price wise this retails at £12 so to get a full sized product (actually two) in my glossy box was a huge win as the whole box costs just £10 plus P&P so it is nice that one product outnumbered the box cost straight away. I have enough of this to last me over a year so will not rush out to rebuy but will certainly continue to use.

04.07.2015 12:58

Advantages

• "simple to use"

Disadvantages

• costly

Nice and easy protection

I must have got my bottle of Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence from a beauty box as I don't remember buying it and it is a sort of luxury trial sized bottle at 60ml. Enoguh to get you to try it and get used to it to make you want to buy it size.

What is it?
      This is a conditioning spray for hair that helps against heat and the damage from the sun's rays. You just spray it over towel dried hair before any blow drying or straightening takes place. Alternatively spray it in for leave to dry naturally hair and it adds a bit of protection during the day.

The claim
      Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence Conditioning Spray is the ultimate anti-breakage, heat protecting conditioning spray for all hair types. So you can ensure your hair is as soft as it is strong and radiant.

What does it do?
      Offering protection from daily environmental wear, such as UV rays and heated styling aids, Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence Conditioning Spray also instantly boosts overall condition, manageability and shine of hair.

In use
      I have used this after shampooing and conditioning my hair when I know I am planning to apply heat. I don't like to overload my hair so use oils when I am leaving it to naturally dry. This is a fine mist and five or six sprays covers the lengths and ends of my hair. This does have a pleasant smell to it and it is one I would take on holiday as it is not greasy and suitable for use with daily hair washing which does take place on holiday but I leave it 2-3 days between washing at home to prevent over drying.

Price and availability
      This is not cheap at £22 for a 250 ml bottle. It is a quick fix though and lasts for a long time so worth it I think.

• Acer Aspire 8000 / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.07.2015 12:44

Advantages

• "Long battery Life"

Disadvantages

Very good system

You'd be hard-pressed to find a better-looking desktop replacement notebook--or one with better multimedia features--than Acer's lightning-fast, long-lasting, black-and-silver Aspire 2000. The Aspire 2000 offers a 15.4-inch wide-screen display, superior sound, and unique Arcade software that lets you play DVD movies and audio CDs without the need to boot Windows. Alas, Acer's designers may have concentrated just a bit too much on fun: the keyboard is placed so far toward the screen that it is difficult to type unless the notebook sits in your lap; the nonstandard editing-key layout may peeve touch typists; and the touchpad buttons are overly stiff and hard to reach. If those relatively minor ergonomic flaws don't bother you, then this is one heck of a machine.

The Aspire 2000 is one of a new breed of thin-and-wide multimedia notebooks born to accommodate wider screens--in this case, a 15.4-inch, 1,280x800-pixel display. Perhaps it comes from years of toting briefcases, but to us, this new form factor feels both easier to balance when carried under your arm and more natural in appearance. Yet despite measuring 13.1 by 10.9 by 1.3 inches, the Aspire 2000 weighs only 7.9 pounds--including AC adapter.

Alas, the Aspire 2000's ergonomics distract from its otherwise satisfying design. The pair of mouse buttons below the touchpad are too stiff and too far away from the keyboard. The keyboard has a nice feel, but it's placed so far up on the main deck that it's difficult to type on when it's on any surface higher than a lap. But perhaps worst of all is the keyboard layout: Even with such an enormous main-deck area to play with, Acer chose to omit dedicated Home and End navigation keys. You must use the Fn key to modify the Page Up and Page Down keys to perform these functions.

• Percy & Reed Volumising No Oil Oil / Hair Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.07.2015 12:32

Advantages

• "Adds shine"
      • Smoothes
      • "Non greasy"

Disadvantages

• "Expensive "
      • "No great volume "

Ok but not worth the price

I recieved a Percy & Reed No Oil Oil for fine hair from my sister. The 60ml bottle would cost 14.00 should you wish to buy it yourself, with stockists including John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Spacenk and Amazon.

So is this a product that offers the benefits of an hair oil without actually being one? Or is it an hair oil that promises not to be greasy? I presume it is the latter because a quick perusal of the ingredients does show this product contains castor seed oil at least. It promises to add volume, and give smooth, shiny and sleek hair. Percy & Reed is a brand named after it's hair stylist founders, who have their own London salon.They have created a scent called "Walk in the rain" for this hair oil, which is described as a unique blend with notes of verbena, mint, geranium and rhubarb. Well I can't detect a single one of those notes or any hints of a soggy walk, but the scent is pleasant. I definitely wouldn't call it unique, but a rather generic salon shampoo sort of smell, that is actually very mild, especially in the quantities you use it in.

The No Oil Oil feels thinner in texture than I expected. You are only supposed to use 1-2 drops across the whole head (unless your hair is very long). But I learnt that you should hold faith and follow the guidelines because when I used more, the results were not as good. It feels light and completely non greasy if used properly.

You use this on towel dried hair. You can't really feel the No Oil on the hair so it isn't sticky and doesn't make the hair slippery.. Overall I give it full marks for being quick and easy to use. When my hair was dry, added volume was not really obvious. My hair was definitely shinier /slightly smoother at the ends as well where I have more fragile hair prone to splitting. Once I had finished styling my hair, I did think it had a little more volume but nothing dramatic. Although the shine is good, it isn't all that long lasting, especially if you wash your hair several times a week. If I couldn't get just as good shine, or better, from cheaper products, I may have been motivated to use this after every wash to maintain results. But as it is, using numerous other products including henna conditioner produce longer lasting effects.

Although this adds a little volume, it isn't enough for me to recommend the No Oil given the price. You don't need to use a lot if you just want some shine or smoothness but it hasn't offered anything exceptional there. I have decided on three stars as it is pleasant and easy to use and does at least do something for my hair.

04.07.2015 11:06

Advantages

• "Fun gameplay and techniques"
      • "Great Graphics"
      • "Easy to pick up and play"

Disadvantages

• " esp in single player mode"
      • "Can be difficult to play"
      • "No real story mode"

One of the best Tekken games made, A MUST BUY!

For those not familiar, Tekken is a Namco fighting game. Its been very popular on Playstation consoles and this is its foray onto a Nintendo system. Its a little less like Streetfighter but then after playing it, I can truly say that this game is really awesome. I've broken the game review into sections.

Graphics and music: 10/10
      Tekken is all about looking cool and style. I'm glad to say that the graphics are top notch and at times make your eyes water in amazement. The music itself is very Tekken with pumping beats that make you want to get up and fight! You have to see and hear it to enjoy it!

Gameplay: 10/10
      Tekken feels at home on the Wii U. I would go as far as to say is got the easiest controls ever! You can use Wii U Gamepad screen to use special moves without input. What you basically do is fight opponents which have different wins and losses and beat them to move on to the next one. Or if you want a challenge and to master the controls, just memorise the inputs and use it on the gamepad buttons.
      It all feels perfect in hand!

Storyline: 8.5/10 It's just a basic Tekken Tournament, with no real story mode. Then again fighting games arent known for their storylines. There is a pure arcade mode and then a storyline about someone trying to build the ultimate fighting robot called the Combot. The purpose of this mode is also to teach you the combos, and at times it can be hard to get it right on the first go.

Multiplayer: 10/10 This is where this game shines. Battles are intense and crazy and the variety of modes mean that you will keep playing this game for the foreseable future as long as you have mates around! If not, there is also an online mode where you can test your might against other players from around the world!
      Lots of character customisation as well.

• Apple iPhone 5c 8GB / Smartphone / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.07.2015 10:59

Advantages

• "Fits in your pocket"
      • Light
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Not enough storage space"

Best purchase I have ever made

I have had my iPhone 5c 8gb since the 28th of October now. I was looking nice at getting a refurbished iPhone 4 on a contract as I assumed that would be the cheapest option only to find I could get a brand new iPhone 5c on an O2 contract with no upfront cost for £17 a month. So, that's exactly what I did and I am defiantly pleased with it. I love that the screen is bigger than that of the previous models and the light, curved shape of the phone that fits quite easily into your pockets. Touch wood, it has not broken despite me having dropped it from a bunk bed without a case in which I was surprised about. The only downside is there are so many inbuilt apps taking up storage space that I'll never use such as the apple watch app and the health app. Whereas on most other brands phones you could delete them, this is not an option with the iPhone. I would recommend getting an iPhone with more storage if you can afford to but if not you just have to be willing to money things around or delete them. I like the fact the iPhone is quite restricted as to what websites you can use, sometimes it's quite annoying but mostly it stops the annoying websites that crash your phone from working. There is frequent software updates and I personally haven't had a problem with any of them but I know some people have issues with there phones crashing now until the next software update. The good thing about the iPhone 5c is the range of colours, there is a more plain white option or brighter, bolder colours if that's what your looking for. They are so much cheaper than the 5 or 5s because of the plastic housing but I can only see that as a good thing

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown