30.07.2015 01:20

Advantages

• "good yoghurt covering and fruit filling"
      • "tasty snack"
      • "low in fat"

Disadvantages

• "Can't get all the flavours in the range"

A nice snack

I like the whole Go Ahead range and recently tried the Raspberry Yoghurt breaks as a change from the Go ahead fruit bakes that I usually purchase. I really like these Yoghurt flavour topped light crispy biscuit with raspberry flavoured filling as a nice snack at any time and come conveniently packaged in a box of five packs of two slices. I bought them from Sainsbury's and as they were on offer I got two boxes for three pounds. Usually they are two pounds per box.

They are wrapped well so that the slices retain their freshness and I find them a suitable alternative to chocolate and other sweet treats that I can not do without as I have a very sweet tooth and crave all things bad for me all the time!

However I find these satisfy my craving and are also filling and I like to eat them at breakfast time or coffee time or any time I feel like a nice snack. Each slice has 73 calories. They come in other flavours too and I really want to try the cherry ones next although I am having trouble finding them in stock anywhere.

I like the packaging and clear picture on the front of what the product looks like and think that the individually wrapped slices of two makes it a well packaged product. The slices have a nice crispness to them without being too hard and never go soggy due to the excellent packaging. I would recommend this product as a sweet treat to have at any time.

• Oball Rattle / Baby Toy / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.07.2015 00:58

Advantages

• Lightweight

Disadvantages

• "Constructed from several small parts: check ball regularly for wear and tear"

O Balls!

NB This is an amended version of the review I published on Ciao.

4 inch Oball
      We have owned this ball for eight months, and used it almost daily for the last four. Our son is currently seven months old and this is clearly one of his favourite items to play with and to manipulate.

There are several different sizes of Bright Starts' Oball, most of which are available in a different colour. Ciao's stock photograph shows the Big Oball, however ours is the standard, four inch size in green.

This fun, educational toy is both a ball and a rattle. Its light-weight structure is designed to be flexible and easy to grasp. This was the first item that our son transferred from one hand to the other. I cannot remember if he was four months or five months old when he started transferring, but he was definitely doing this when he was five and a half months old as this is when I noticed that he has a preference for using his left hand.

This ball is very easy to grasp. The little rattle balls don't look like they could make much noise, but they certainly make enough for a child to experiment with the phenomenon of cause and effect.

Our son plays with this ball in two locations: on our loungeroom floor and while travelling in the car. When he is in the car he uses the ball as a rattle and a close play toy. When we are at home he gently throws the ball and likes to watch it roll. He shows no interest in using it as a teether.

Like any small toys, I recommend regular examination for any cracks or broken sections.

All in all, this is a fun toy that I am happy to recommend. It is available from Amazon for £5 as well as a number of toy stores such as Toys R Us, again for £5

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2015 23:38

Advantages

• "High Quality"
      • "Great Support"
      • Pre-Built
      • Fast

Disadvantages

Highly Recommended, Would definitely use again

The machine is great, it's of a very high standard, the case looks amazing they kept everything incredibly neat which helps when upgrading parts or adding additional drives. They were quick to deal with the delivery issue (DPDs fault not theirs) and gave me a few upgrades on the machine over selected parts which had been discontinued.

• Stila Perfect & Correct Foundation / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2015 22:44

Advantages

Disadvantages

• Orange
      • "No coverage"

Not worth the money

I was very interested in this foundation because of the unique packaging. I love this type of packaging because you don't waste any product so you get the most for your money. This product is 30ml which is pretty standard for a foundation. It claims to give a smooth and flawless complexion and offer lightweight, buildable coverage while improving the look and feel of your skin. It has primer in it so this should make it last longer and claims to be long-lasting because of this. It says it helps to control oil, hydrate and balance, minimize pores and diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles. The texture of this product is almost kind of a mousse which i wasn't overly keen on. Using a brush made my skin look really, really streaky and it gave me next to no coverage but made me look orange. It is extremely light coverage and I feel like I get more coverage with a tinted moisturizer. I don't have problematic skin and my skin is quite an even colour and it was still to light coverage for me. This foundation looks terrible on my skin and it was very expensive for a foundation I didn't like. This foundation reminds me of Rimmel foundations which I absolutely despise but they are a fraction of the price of the Stila one. I have no idea how well this lasts as I couldn't bring myself to leave the house with this on my skin because of how horrendous it looked. I would not recommend buying this product and I would suggest you buy a foundation such as Estee Lauder double wear since it is practically the same price but the product is miles better.

• Nivea Essential Lip Balm / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2015 22:18

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Soothes Lips"
      • "Very Soft"
      • "Good Basic "

Disadvantages

• "No Scent"
      • Basic

A good basic, very smooth and a good price.

Nivea has been a staple part of my beauty regime for a long time now, and for good reason. It offers good products at reasonable prices that do the job. A good example of this is the Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm. In its distinctive white and blue casing its instantly recognisable as it is available for purchase just about anywhere - from drug stores like Superdrug to supermarkets like Tesco. You can even grab it at a £1 bargain in places like Poundland and Savers. In general it prices at between 1 and 2 pounds.

When you open it up, you may notice it doesn't have much of a smell. The original version of this lip balm had a smell I loved (and it still reminds me of my childhood when I find an old tube of it). But now, unfortunately in my opinion, there is not really much of a smell to it. For some people this will be an advantage though.

The product itself is white and goes on clear, leaving a slight subtle shine, but nothing to OTT. It is very very smooth when applying and leaves your lips in a similar condition. I like to apply this before I go to bed as it is quite thick so can be unpleasant if you then go to have a drink straight after applying.

Overall, I do really like this product, and it will stay a staple part of my beauty regime for many years to come - but I'll always be hoping they bring back the original scent! Fingers Crossed!

29.07.2015 21:55

Advantages

• "Nice Bottle"
      • "Good Price"
      • Sweet

Disadvantages

Sweet, fresh and girly, can be a bargain.

For me, perfume is an essential part of my going out outfit. It just gives me that extra bit of confidence and seals the outfit. I like something girly, flirty and floral - all of which describe the sweet smells of Princess by Vera Wang.

It comes in a lovely heart shaped purple bottle with a gold crown on the top. The prices of it can vary considerably and you get can a real bargain or end up paying over the odds. I see this perfume for sale A LOT. Normally, its £50 for 100ml, but is often £25 - £30 in places like The Perfume Shop or Superdrug (and if you get points on top of that, it's an extra bonus!).

The smell itself is sweet without being sickly, and not too overpowering. This means that a spritz will last well for a couple of hours before beginning to fade. I take a top up spray with me when I go out, but don't always need to use it. I would say it's more a scent for during the day or an evening meal, rather than a night out. This is purely because it is quite a light fragrance and I would normally go for something deeper and more intense for a night out. The smell isn't for everyone as it is quite sweet and girly but I personally really like it.

Overall, I do love this perfume, and wear it daily. It was a present for me, and a present I was over the moon with and will probably be buying it again when I runs out.

• New Look Denim Look Leggings / Clothing / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.07.2015 20:50

Advantages

• "Flattering look"
      • "Thin but good quality"

New Look denim leggings

I do love leggings as I find them really comfortable to wear in the house but I do also wear them outside but make sure that I am wearing something long on the top. I actually bought these denim leggings from Ebay and paid just £1.79. I have looked online and saw that these leggings are around £14 and as these were new without tags I was very pleased with this purchase.

These leggings are made of quite a good quality denim which is quite thin but feels like very good quality as they have a really good stretch to them. They have the usual elasticated waist which is about an inch which is very comfortable. I am probably between sizes 16-18 with leggings and these are a size 18 so are a comfortable fit for me to lounge round in. They look and feel quite thick and there are no thin areas even around the parts which are taking the most strain.

The length of these leggings is perfect for me and they do come to just past my knees and I think that leggings can be flattering for any shape or size if you dress them up with a suitable long top and I think they can make you look slimmer than jeans or trousers. They have a double seam down the outside leg which makes them very flattering to wear.

I wash these leggings at 30 degrees and then dry them on the clothes airer but you can also tumble dry them. They don't take long to dry and they don't need any ironing, they have not faded or bobbled and still look as good as new. If I wear them for a few days the knees do bag a little bit but as soon as I wash them they go back to their original shape. I think they can be dressed up or down to suit the occasion and are very versatile and I think I got a fabulous buy with these and will continue to search Ebay for more bargains.

29.07.2015 20:47

Advantages

• Price
      • "Space Saver"
      • "3 Bonus Discs"
      • "All 8 Movies"

Disadvantages

• "No Swag"
      • "No 3D "
      • "Cardboard Box"

Great for Harry Potter fans of all ages

Love Harry Potter? Want all 8 movies but don't have the space for 8 blu-ray boxes? Want to relive through the first and last time you saw a wall open and was thrown into a wizarding world? Then this is the box set for you. In this set you get all 8 Harry Potter movies including bonus discs for the last 3 movies. The movies you get are Harry Potter and the - Philosophers Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, Half Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Deathly Hallows Part 2. Get lost in the magical world of Harry Potter the movies maybe over but you can keep the magic alive with this great box set. The price is great compared to buying all 8 movies separately which would cost you more and it also saves on space as the set is around the size of 4 to 5 blu-rays instead of 8. The biggest down side is that it comes in a cardboard box and does not come with any extra bits of swag which i always love to see in box sets. The bonus discs include hours of extras including deleted scenes, documentaries, behind the scenes and loads more. I would recommend this to a friend because it is a really nice set and there are a lot of Harry Potter fans out there so if you don't get on with it someone would be more than willing to take if off your hands.

29.07.2015 20:06

Advantages

• "Digital Copies"
      • "Great Artwork"
      • "All 3 JP Movies"

Disadvantages

• "No Swag"
      • "Cardboard Box"

Amazing to get all 3 movies and be able to watch them on the go

Love Jurassic Park? Got a craving to watch all 3 Jurassic Park movies after watching Jurassic World? Still remember the scene when you first saw a dinosaur and the brachiosaurus stomped his feet and the ground shook and it brought tears to your eyes? Then this box set is definitely for you. If your life is too busy and you don't have the time to watch movies very often then check out the digital downloads you can add to your phone or PC/laptop that allows you to watch them on the go and pause and continue later on some devices so its great for people who travel. The box is cardboard which i am not a big fan of i prefer plastic cases it also comes with no extra items. The box pulls out and folds open like a lot of these Blu-ray box sets do now days and its compact compared to owning all 3 individually. The artwork on the inside is alright and suits the theme of the box set. The set includes Jurassic Park, The Lost World Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III all on stunning high definition Blu-ray discs. The discs include extra content like behind the scenes, deleted scenes and documentaries. The only reason this review has 4 stars instead of 5 is due to it not including anything extra and containing the worst Jurassic Park movie Jurassic Park III but that can be all forgiven now after Jurassic World the horrors of JP3 is long behind us.

• Neighbours / TV Programme / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.07.2015 19:23

Advantages

Disadvantages

Long Standing Australian Soap

Ok so Neighbours might not be about to set the world on fire with it's storylines BUT I would miss it in the afternoons if it wasn't around anymore. I've been watching Neighbours for years and while I've dipped in and out over some of them, thanks to series link I look forward to relaxing with half and hour of Neighbours when I get home from work.

The story is based around the lives of neighbours on a small cul de sac called Ramsey Street. There are lots of love triangles and relationship issues, family dramas, happiness and sadness. Some of the characters provide comedy moments and it's nice to watch their stories unfold.

Yes the storylines can be predictable and it doesn't have the drama of Eastenders (thank god in my opinion!) but it is a light hearted soap with likeable characters.

It is not trying to be an epic drama but succeeds in being an enjoyable, easy going programme with interesting plots.

There are some real long standing characters - Karl, Susan, Toadie and Lou have been around for years.

The show has also jump started the careers of some major stars, the obvious ones being Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan and more recently Margot Robbie.

The acting is not bad and I am not ashamed to admit there has been more than one occasion it has moved me to tears....Madge dying, Dee disappearing anyone!!??

While it is not going to be everyone's cup of tea I still enjoy my trips to Ramsey Street and hope that it continues for years to come.

• I Care 4 U - Aaliyah / Music Album / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.07.2015 19:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Nice Collection of Old and New songs

This album was released following Aaliyah's tragic and untimely death on August 25th 2001 following a plane crash in the Bahamas.

This album was released some time after and features some of her classic songs from her career as well as a selection of unreleased tracks.
      The stand outs from the unreleased tracks are Miss You which is a soft ballad about lost love which was released as tribute single. It's a nice song that makes you wonder what else we would heard from her in the future. Don't Know What To Tell Ya is also a good track, with a dance beat but when you compare to songs like One In A Million or Rock The Boat, it's just not of the same quality.

Another nice inclusion is Are You That Somebody which featured on the Dr.Dolittle soundtrack in the late 90's. An obvious Timbaland production and even features a sample of a baby crying!
      Try Again which was her come back single and from the soundtrack of Romeo Must Die, her first feature film is also included.

Back and Forth from the first album is the only early track on the album and to be honest I don't think that's a bad thing. While she produced some quality songs in her R. Kelly songs, for me the best work she did was with Tim and Missy and songs like One In A Million, I Care 4 U and More Than A Woman really do show that.

Aaliyah was clearly well on the road to greatness and at times this is a painful reminder of potential that will never be filled but for any fan this is a worthwhile investment that ticks all the boxes.

29.07.2015 19:03

Advantages

Disadvantages

Best R&B Album of All Time!

Aaliyah's second album One In A Million will in my opinion forever be one of the all time best R&B Albums. Released in 1996 it was fresh, original and ahead of it's time in many way. Teaming up with the at the time unknown Timbaland and Missy Elliott, Aaliyah created a new sound that was impossible to resist.

The album is a move on from her first album which had a sweet, new-jack swing style to it. One In A Million is edgy and interesting while still showcasing Aaliyah's delicate but amazing voice.

The stand out tracks from this album for me are One In A Million, a smooth love song that still has a street feel to it, 4 Page Letter, Never Givin Up, a duet with Tavarius Polk, Got To Give It Up, a cover of the Marvin Gaye song featuring Slick Rick and If Your Girl Only Knew which has an insanely good beat and catchy chorus. There is an amazing remix of this song featuring Missy and Timbaland which is well worth hunting down. A Girl Like You and Never Comin Back are also great songs.

The versions of Hot Like Fire and The One I Gave My Heart To are not as good as the single versions that were released and it's a shame these weren't included on the album.

That aside, there's not a bad song on this album and you can listen to from start to finish. The real tragedy is that there would be only one more Aaliayh album after this one before her untimely death but this album is a testament to her talent and I'm sure will still be listened to for many years to come.

• Brandy - Brandy / Music Album / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.07.2015 18:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Brandy's first album...strong debut!

When this first came out in 1994 Brandy was 15 and this was her first album. I can remember thinking she was amazing with her braided her and good girl image and trying to dress like her!

Given her young age at the time of release this is an impressive album with some classic R&B tracks that still sound amazing to day.

"I Wanna Be Down" is one of those classic 90's R&B songs that I still can't get enough of. The smooth beat and Brandy's vocals really make that song stand out.

The other singles from this album were "Baby" which is a playful upbeat number and while it's got quite simple lyrics, it is young and fun. "Best Friend" which was about her brother Ray J who features in the video and went on to have a fairly successful music career of his own. This is a nice song with a chilled out vibe.

The album also features a duet with Wanya Morris of Boyz II Men who Brandy dated around the time of this album. "Brokenhearted" is a song about a relationship that didn't work but they know they will get over it and be friends.

Other stand out songs on this album are "Love is on my Side" which really showcases Brandy's vocals and "Give Me You" is also another fun song.

This album is very young and playful but given Brandy's young age at the time she pulls it off effortlessly and the majority of the album is strong R&B/pop songs that you will want to go back and listen to over and over.

29.07.2015 18:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

One of the classic R&B albums of the 90's

Brandy's second album released in 1998 featured the internationally successful single The Boy Is Mine and is in my opinion her best album and near perfect when it comes to the classic R&B albums of the 1990's

Track Listing:
      1 Intro

2 Angel in Disguise
      This is a smooth mid tempo track that has a definite R. Kelly influence about it, it's a nice introduction to the album that shows a more mature Brandy compared to her first album.

3 Boy Is Mine - Brandy & Monica
      Need I say more, this is an epic track that features rumoured rival Monica who is amazing in her own right. The two battle it out over a boy and this is one of the stand outs on this album.

4 Learn The Hard Way
      This is a decent song but not a stand out. All about a guy messing her around and then realising when it was too late what he's missing out on.

5 Almost Doesn't Count
      Slow number about a relationship that didn't quite make the grade. A relaxed smooth ballad.

6 On Top Of The World
      This is a hip hop influenced update number featuring rapper Mase and is about Brandy still being a regular girl dealing with the same things as everyone else. Catchy tune.

7 You Don't Know Me
      Upbeat song about a relationship that is not the same anymore and coming to an end. This is produced by Darkchild and is a stand out track to me and shows a mature Brandy.

8 Never say Never
      Title track of the album, I like this song, it's a happy upbeat love song.

9 Truthfully
      Undecided on this one, don't dislike it but it never really gets going. It's a love ballad but can't help feeling it's a bit of a non-starter.

10 Have You Ever
      The real stand out ballad on the album, takes me back to my younger days. This is a song about being in love with someone that doesn't know or want you back. There is real emotion in this song and should have been a bigger hit than it was.

11 Put That On Everything
      Average track, not bad but wouldn't miss it if it wasn't here!

12 In The Car - short interlude that could have been left off but doesn't do any harm

13 Happy, 14 One Voice and 15 Tomorrow
      I'm putting these all together as I kind of feel the same about all of them...good R&B songs but definitely more 'filler' tracks then stand outs.

16 Everything I Do
      This is the song that lets it down for me, this is a cover of the Bryan Adams song that was number one for what seemed like a million years. This may be a personal thing as I don't like the song anyway. While I give her props for doing something different I don't think this song brings anything to the album and I could honestly do without it!

That said, this is one of my favourite albums and definitely Brandy's best. If you are a fan of real R&B it should be in your collection!

• Love Actually (DVD) / DVD / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.07.2015 18:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

Honest British Romantic Comedy!

Love Actually is a lovely film to watch, especially around Christmas time. Pretty much every British actor or actress seems to be in it, you have Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Rowan Atkinson, Keira Knightly, Emma Thompson, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy, Andrew Lincoln, Laura Linney (who is actually American) and Martine McCutcheon to name just a few. There's lots of little cameos throughout the film!

The film is basically made up of lots of little stories based around family and relationships in the lead up to Christmas. While primarily a comedy there are some incredibly touching parts of this film that cover topics such as loss of a parent and partner, dealing with difficult family situations, unrequited love and discovering your partner is cheating on you. All of the stories are interlinked in an effortless why that does not make the film complicated and it all comes together nicely at the end. And of course there are some moments of real love that make you believe that there is someone out there for everyone.

This film always goes down well and is a nice one to watch as a couple, my boyfriend is anti-rom com but is always happy to watch this one during the festive period as there really is something for everyone.

A special moment in this film is during Keira Knightly's wedding there is a cameo appearance from the singer Lynden David Hall who sadly passed away and was an incredible singer and its nice to see UK talent being showcased.

Curl up at Christmas time with your other half and enjoy this one, it's not just one for the girls and is always a winner that will leave you smiling.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown