• Skullcandy INK'D / Headphones / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.05.2016 22:38

Advantages

• "Comfortable "
      • Cheap
      • "Decent bass"
      • "Good sound quality"

Disadvantages

• "Annoying packaging"
      • "Decent durability"
      • "Don't last long"

Cheap And Reliable

Skullcandy ink'd earbuds are good quality earbuds for their cheap price. I listen to a variety of music and these earbuds will work well for those that listen too Hip-Hop and or Jazz music. The cord to these earbuds are around 3 feet long, so they're a bit shorter than a few others on the market. The earbuds lasted me around 3 months which says a lot. Many other earbuds brands (i.e. JVC) only last me around a month. Skullcandy ink'd earbuds packaging is a bit annoying to open though. It may be nit-picking, but the fact I have to get a knife to open a pair of earbuds is a bit ridiculous. The packaging includes a handy little guide on how to use the earbuds and a different sized rubber for the earbuds. They rubber pieces have never caused me any discomfort (unlike other brands). All in all these earbuds are good for people who just want a cheap pair of earbuds to use for a few months. They aren't fancy or anything and they surely aren't good as beats. But if you're on the go a lot and want to have a pair of earbuds that you don't have to worry about breaking these are definitely for you. You couldn't used these to work out at the gym though, the earbuds will more than likely slip out of your ears. For all other purposes though these are fine and I'd recommend these to a friend. 3 out of 5 stars.

• Nike Match Day Utility Holdall / Handbag / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.05.2016 19:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

Love this and will be buying for my son aswell

I bought this bag over the weekend and I absolutely love it. I use it to store my gym wear and I must say there was lots of room. I will definaly recommend this.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.05.2016 14:57

Advantages

Disadvantages

Pcspecialist.co.uk is probably the best retailer for custom made pc in the UK.

This is my second purchase from pcspecialist.co.uk in the last five years. I previously had them build a desktop computer for myself, and now they have built one for my wife. The service was excellent five years ago and somehow they've managed to improve since then.

The team are ready and willing to help at every step of the process with technical advice and suggestions, which is invaluable. I know my way around a computer build but I don't keep up with advancements on an enthusiast level, so building this computer from scratch (ordering parts online) and having every component be compatible (and fit in the case!) would have probably been a case of trial, error and many late nights browsing articles and forums.

The website is well laid out, giving you plenty of choice while still tailoring to your needs and presenting the information in a way that does not confuse the buyer. There are handy pop out tips available on the product categories to help you.

Inside the box this time around I received a user manual written by pcspecialist containing information on setting up my new pc, installing the operating system and identifying any problems that may occur. The book also contains a section describing all the parts of a PC, what they do and where they are located inside a pc case. Also included were all the installation dvds, cables, screws and cover plates that would have come packaged with the individual parts and case.

The turn around time on building has improved since my last order was made. I was very impressed by how quickly my order was processed and, once we had finalised all suggested changes, it was built and in delivery very quickly indeed. Also worth noting is the fact pcspecialist use reputable delivery services. Often when ordering online from any retailer the weakest link is the quality of delivery service used by the vendor, however I was happy to see this is not the case here. Both packaging and delivery were spot on once again.

27.05.2016 14:42

Advantages

• "Good for teenagers"
      • "Good price"
      • "Decent smell"

Disadvantages

• Overpowering
      • "Smells cheap"

Decent smell but doesn't have any obvious quality to it

What is it?

This is a perfume made by the company Charlie who are much more famous for their body sprays. It is a scent that they also have in a spray form and developed into a perfume a lot later. It is aimed at teenagers particularly with the packaging.

What do I think?

This perfume is something that I got when I was about fifteen. I was hoping it would avoid the problem that the sprays have in that they smell first and foremost like a spray if that makes sense, before you get the actual perfume side to them. The same can sadly be said of this perfume - it smells a bit cheap at times and almost like someone added the specific scent as an afterthought and didn't make it with it in mind. It can be quite an overpowering smell which is a shame because in small doses it actually can be quite nice

Don't get me wrong, the smell is decent and it is possibly perfect as a cheap perfume for someone who isn't much of a perfume lover anyway. I think this is an easy to cart around perfume for just day to day use, not for something special like nights out. It is a very good price usually, being around the five or six pound mark in places such as Superdrug and Boots. I would say this is a great cheap early perfume for young teenagers and they would appreciate the smell, not knowing anything better.

27.05.2016 14:35

Advantages

• "Cute bottle"
      • "Great for teenagers"
      • "Sweet smelling"

Disadvantages

• "Sickly sweet at times"

Perfect for young teenagers with a sweet vanilla smell

What is it?

This is an eau de parfum produced by the So...? company, and is one of their most popular scents. This is a sweet scent, with a vanilla kind of twist, and comes either in the short squat bottle pictured or a taller thinner bottle.

What do I think?

I used to wear this perfume every day in high school and it was definitely one of my favourite perfumes of all time. I loved the sweet smelling nature of it and it definitely smells strongly of sugar and vanilla which is great for someone of that age. I would say that the whole So...? range is aimed at teenage girls but this is a very young smelling perfume so would not be suitable for anyone much older. It can be quite a heavy perfume so perhaps is better for winer months, though maybe if you don't douse yourself in it like I did when I was fourteen it wouldn't be so heavy. The bottle is actually pretty cute, with a simple design, and its a very sturdy bottle which is good for throwing in a gym bag where it's going to get bashed about. I prefer the tall thin bottle because it fits in bags better but both are pretty good! The only problem I can find with it is that it can be overpowering massively, and smells horrendously sweet at times, and this is something that increases throughout the day so by the end you are basically scrubbing it off. But that does mean its long-lasting.

27.05.2016 14:30

Advantages

• "Strong but not overpowering"
      • "Long lasting"
      • "Great bottle size"
      • Unique
      • Fresh

Disadvantages

• Pricey

Excellent perfume with a fruity twist

What is it?

Jo Malone is a perfume company that produces a wide range of scents. The scents are all quite individual but all follow the same theme of using herbs and flowers to create the scents. There is a massive range and you are sure to find one that you will like among her collection.

What do I think?

I have had a couple of the Jo Malone eau de parfums but the one I am currently using is the Peony and Roseblush one, which is a wonderful scent that I can totally recommend. The scents are all incredibly fresh smelling and not too heavy which means they are perfect for the summer months, especially considering most of them are floral, though they of course are suitable and smell wonderful all year round. They are quite different to a lot of the more synthetic smelling perfumes that other companies produce and so their perfume focus as a company definitely shows. The bottles come in loads of different sizes but the smaller one is perfect because it can be easily slipped into any bag, and I often take mine on a night out to freshen up. The perfume is long lasting and it is great that you only need a couple of squirts in the right places for it to remain on all day. It is a strong smell in fact and people always notice I am wearing it and comment positively, but it not overpowering. The only problem with it is that the prices are steep but I think it is worth it for this good perfume.

27.05.2016 14:22

Advantages

• "Long lasting"
      • "Not sickly"
      • "Not too strong"
      • "Great smell"

Disadvantages

Great smell and long lasting but almost too popular

What is it?

This is a perfume for women, which is made by Dior. It has been around for a few years now but has largely kept the exact same recipe to make it. It comes in a few different sizes but all with the characteristic bottle design with the bow on the lid.

What do I think?

My mum bought me this perfume for my sixteenth birthday and I was pleased to see it wasn't too young of a perfume. Some perfume definitely does smell too young or old but this hits it just right, because it is not too sweet and avoids lavender or similar which are ageing. It is not too strong of a perfume, and is definitely not overpowering - a couple of squirts on your wrist and neck is all you need for it to be very easily noticable by people without being overtly obvious. It is not a sickly smelling perfume, because it is not too sweet and is very fresh. I would say this perfume is perfect for the summer because of the fresh quality. It is an incredibly long lasting perfume and you can smell it from the morning to the evening even with a few squirts. The smell changes slightly throughout the day to combine with your own scent but this is just an advantage because it works better with you. The only real problem with this perfume is quite how popular it is, as I regularly smell people wearing it, and this can mean you're not as unique as you'd like to be.

• MAC Mineralize Skinfinish / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.05.2016 14:20

Disadvantages

good

So I purchased this product when it was initially released several years ago (in the shade Medium Golden) and ended up swapping it away. Cut to several years later I was looking for a light coverage powder that wasn't a bonafide foundation - just something to swipe over my face to cover up some spots of concealer - and I couldn't for the life of me remember why I had swapped this MSFN away. So I purchased one a couple weeks back, tried it out for a week, and like the previous reviewer's, my skin became oily as hell with this on. And that is WITH the MUFE HD Powder over it. One look in the mirror two hours after application and it was like, *Ahh. Now I remember why I swapped it.* Not only did it make my skin oily, it also made it look patchy as hell. I felt like a melting circus clown. Such a shame because I wanted to love it so much.

27.05.2016 14:16

Advantages

• "natural tan"
      • "Doesn't Clog Pores "

Disadvantages

• "Heavy Uneven Tan"
      • "Doesn't dry quickly"
      • "Feels Greasy "
      • "Bad Odor "

Spray dries to fast. So u cannot judge application

I am a recent user of this product. I must say I love the color. It's beautiful in my opinion. I am part Native American & I do have a dark tone to my skin. I used this last night and I loved the color and way it looked.... Until I saw my right arm. The tan was so uneven.... I looked like a mess. Luckily I'm not going anywhere today. There is good news though. I found out you can apply it evenly by not holding it super close to your skin. That way it covers more evenly. Plus, if you have a makeup foundation brush you are no longer using, you can spray some on that if your tan looks uneven the next day & you can rub it into your skin to make it look more even. The worst part was the fact that this product smells like weed for some odd reason. The smell does go away in about 30 minutes after applying. They say the tan is fast but it doesn't develop for 3 hours. I mean I figured out fast how to make this product work. I'm just letting you know my experience before you purchase. It can be tricky & there are some bad parts. Every self tanner has its good and bad aspects. I suggest just trying it out or looking at more ways to apply & use it. My shade was the dark one. Maybe go for medium if you are a first time user.

• Ericsson DECT 260 / Telephone / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.05.2016 14:16

Advantages

• "Loud sound"
      • "Easy to Use"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

Great cheap phone with limited functions

What is it?

This is a cordless handset by Ericsson that comes in black. It is a phone with a voicemail system but has no other functions beyond this. It does not have caller ID and does not have number tracking.

What do I think?

We got this phone for our student house because we needed just any old phone to use as our home number which came free with our internet package. We bought this one primarily because it was so cheap - now they don't sell them brand new any more but you can purchase them for about £10 on online sites, whereas we paid under £40 for it brand new. The price was a massive advantage and also was very fair considerin what the phone could do. The phone is incredibly easy to use and even easier to set up. As long as you have a plug socket next to the place where you plug the phone into the phone line then you have everything you need already to have this phone. Dialling is easy and setting up the voicemail was incredibly easy. To play the voicemail took us a few minutes to work out but as long as you follow the instructions (which we admittedly did not) its very simple, and the beep it makes to let you know you have a voicemail is very useful. It has a nice loud ring which means it can be heard around the house, and the volume when you are speaking into it and hearing it is very loud and easy to hear.

• ebay.co.uk / Auction / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.05.2016 13:57

Advantages

• "More random products"
      • "Good range"
      • "Able to bid"

Disadvantages

• "Not as good as other services"
      • "Worse customer service"
      • "Not as regulated"

Love the bidding but the regulation / customer service is poor

What is it?

Ebay is an online auction and selling site, where you can put anything up for sale, and buy virtually anything too. The company does not sell its own products, meaning they are just sold by other individuals or small businesses.

What do I think?

The biggest problem with Ebay is that it is simply not as a good as other similar services such as Amazon which is always going to be a massive problem for it, and potentially for you as the customer. The fact that Ebay does not sell its own products and basically doesn't have any say in the selling means that it is not very regulated and so it is more risky buying from Ebay than other companies. If you have a problem with something you've ordered then it can be incredibly difficult to get your money back. The customer service is not particularly fast or helpful, and a lot of the time they just tell you to contact the seller as if you haven't tried that.

However it does have a great range of products and again is very competitively priced, which is a big bonus. I think it's great that you can bid on products which helps you to get great bargains, though this does mean you have to keep a keen eye on Ebay which can be quite time consuming. It also has more random products, as a result of less regulations and more personal sellers, which can be good if you are trying to find something a little different.

• amazon.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.05.2016 13:51

Advantages

• "Good customer support"
      • "Fast shipping"
      • "Great range of products"

Disadvantages

• "Prime is expensive"

Great customer service and amazingly good range of products available

What is it?

Amazon is a worldwide company whereby you can sell and buy products, both new and used. It has a massive range of products, both sold by the company themselves, in conjunction with the company and by individuals.

What do I think?

Amazon is a wonderful website that has basically everything you could ever imagine yourself wanting to buy. The range of products has everyone from home to garden to electronics to collectables, and everything else besides. The range of products and brands, all at competitive market prices, means that you can always find what you are looking for and feel you are getting a good deal. This combined with the fast shipping means that you can get what you want very speedily. Shipping can either be done normally or through prime - prime offers a range of speeds and means you don't have to pay for shipping if its an amazon prime endorsed product. This is a great service but an expensive one at £79 a year, though worth it if you regularly buy from Amazon. This also gives you access to prime music and prime video, two services which are very useful and save you having to pay for Spotify or Netflix. The best thing about Amazon though is the customer service - you can contact them via phone, email or online chat, and all three methods are quick and feel like they genuinely want to help you. They are very good about replacing lost products or things that never arrive.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      27.05.2016 13:39

Advantages

• "Good finance deal"
      • "Excellent communication"
      • "Great order tracking system"
      • "Lots of configuration options"
      • "Clear website and pricing"

Disadvantages

• "Standard build takes some time"

Highy recommended for customer service, price and wealth of options

I spent a long time hunting around for a custom laptop supplier with the right combination of price, configuration options and service. The PC Specialist website was head and shoulders above the rest in terms of website usability and clearly presenting pricing and hardware information. The product-specific reviews were also very helpful when it came to selecting a base chassis. The reviews made it clear that I could trust their customer service.

I was purchasing a laptop after my old machine died unexpectedly (I will never, ever buy another Samsung device) so the option to effectively buy now and pay later with a finance deal allowing early repayment within 12 months was very convenient.

While the standard build option was a little slow (and the fees for faster builds a little excessive) the communication during the build was excellent. Ditto for the dispatch and courier service. Couriers like DPD usually make me very nervous but PC Specialist managed the process so there were no unpleasant surprises. Hopefully this PC will last a bit longer than the last one, but when I am finally ready to buy a new machine, this will be the first place I look.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      27.05.2016 08:02

Advantages

• "Fast delivery when dispatched "
      • "Good packaging "
      • "Kept up to date"

Disadvantages

• "Updating the progress"
      • "Live chat sometimes took hours to get a reply"
      • "Communication wasn't the best"

Would definitely recommend to others and will definitely purchase with them again.

The service was brilliant and the customer service was good when i could get through to someone they was really helpful. The computer was packaged extremely safe and had plenty of easy instructions to follow.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.05.2016 20:19

Advantages

• "Well packaged delivery"
      • "Massive range of products"
      • "Easy to use website"
      • "Great prices"
      • "Good Communication"

Disadvantages

All in all, a great company to deal with, great service, and great product.

From the point of discovering PC Specialist, looking through their website, to deciding which spec of PC was right for me, to ordering a PC, to receiving my PC, the whole process was easy and smooth.
      I once contacted customer support with a question by email, and received a reply very quickly.
      I was well informed of the stage at which my PC was in building.
      The whole deal was seamless, and I felt that if I had any questions, they would be dealt with professionally.
      When my PC arrived, it had all the info I needed to get up and running, and after using my PC for a week or so, I can say that I am very pleased with my purchase.
      A top computer for a very decent price.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown