28.12.2014 15:43

Advantages

• Inexpensive

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't cover much"
      • "Not long lasting"

Disappointing

I am really not a fan of this foundation because for me it didn't really do much. The formula is very thin and watery so it did not cover any blemishes or really even out my skin tone, if anything it just emphasised every imperfection on my face. I have tried using a brush, sponge and my fingers to see if the way I was applying it was the problem and it gave the same result every time. Also it didn't have any staying power and it lasted about 2 hours at the most on my skin and I have normal skin, so I should imagine this would be even worse for anyone with oily skin. This was even when I was wearing a powder over the top so it would have been worse if I wasn't. The colour selection is okay but other brands have a much wider selections of colours to choose from. If you compare drugstore foundations such as this one to high end ones there is a very clear difference and in my opinion it is worth spending the extra money for a better quality product. The only positive thing about this foundation is that it is inexpensive, but with foundations you really do get what you pay for. I definitely would not purchase this again because in my opinion it is a waste of money since there are much better foundations out there. I would recommend investing in a better quality foundation to anyone considering this one and paying a little more money.

• Pansy Cascadia / Plant / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.12.2014 13:34

Advantages

• "Beautiul colours and easy to look after"

Disadvantages

Gorgeous colour for hanging baskets

Pansies are one of my favourite flowers to grow and I always plant some in my window boxes and hanging baskets because they not only look lovely but they are also one of the easiest flowers to plant up.

There are loads of different pansies to choose from and different ones are better in different types of pots but for my hanging baskets I always pick some pansy cascadias as they actually cascade down the sides of the hanging basket instead of just growing up the way.

They are widely available in either grown plants that you can buy from the garden centre and repot when you get home or else you can grow them from seed. I always just buy mine pregrown at the garden centre as they are quite cheap to buy so I don’t mind paying the premium to get them already grown for me and it means that I can pick the nicest colours.

They come in a lovely range of colours that look stunning when they are all concentrated in the hanging basket and the fact that they trail down makes them perfect for hanging. They do trail gently down and not quite as much as some trailing plants but I prefer that because I usually have some kind of green trailing plant and then the pansies in the middle and the contrast between the colours is lovely.

These are so easy to plant up and they don’t need much in the way of looking after other than needing lots of water. As long as you water them regularly then they should happily just sit in the basket giving a lovely vibrant colour to your display.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.12.2014 13:23

Advantages

• "clear instructions"
      • "expert packaging"
      • "extremely good communication"

Disadvantages

• "took a week longer than expected to arrive"

excellent communication and build quality

although my pc took longer than expected to arrive, the service i got was exemplary. the pc was well protected in transit and i received regular emails informing me of the status of my pc and where it was.

• Football Manager (PC) / PC Game / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.12.2014 13:11

Advantages

• Detailed
      • Tactical

Disadvantages

Fantastic game and has a great level of detail!

Football Manager is a brilliant gaming series based predominantly on PC. It focuses on the 'manager' aspect of football, with really in-depth controls of your team and the club as a whole. The game has over 70 nations which you can manage in, and contains all of the main leagues in those nations, for example, in England the leagues go down to Conference North/South. You can also download league packs for free which enable you to play in leagues even below that! The game itself has 100,000's of players on their. The database they created and set up to give each player their set of statistics is now also being used by the major football clubs to help them scout players and for them to find the next gem.

One good thing about this game is that you don't need a high spec computer to play the game, if you wish to have a large database of players then you will require at least 4GB RAM to run it at an enjoyable pace, but it can still be played well will a lower standard of quality.

In this game, you pick a club to manage, you organise the team and the players training schedule, manage your staff, take hold of the clubs finances and transfers organise staff responsibilities.

The game is often compared to the FIFA gaming franchise by EA. Football Manager is a lot more detailed, but with FIFA, you get to play in the matches themselves, whereas in Football Manager, you can adjust tactics in the game, change you're fluidity, style of play and set instructions to your team, but you can't have a direct impact of results in terms of being in control of the players. So it's all down to you're ability of a manager, which is what makes it so appealing to the millions who play this game.

Fantastic game and has a great level of detail.

5/5!

• G-Force (DVD) / DVD / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.12.2014 13:09

Advantages

• "kids will love it"
      • "weirdly compelling"

Disadvantages

• "Ridiculous plot"
      • Mediocre

Weirdly watchable, but still overall a 'meh' blend of pulp and randomness

Ok, this about secret agents. Who are guinea pigs. Guinea pig secret agents. Let's think about this for a minute. Guinea pigs. As secret agents. I worry about who came up with this. I also worry about just how watchable this is, it's weirdly compelling. Though it's not exactly thought provoking stuff - this is pulp, being perfectly honest.

OK, so, the premise is the guinea pigs are secret agents who have their funding cut by the FBI (why does the FBI need secret agents? Isn't this more of a CIA thing? Not that this is the biggest problem here, let's be honest.) They can also speak to humans through the technological doohickery of what looks like a Bluetooth headset. My advice is to suspend your disbelief. They end up having to foil a plot in a typical race to the end style, with a few plot twists that are twisted back so fast they may end up with whiplash.

The plot is ridiculous, and inevitably full of plot holes. The CGI used on these action hero rodents is not the worst I've seen, but is lacking a certain something that I can't quite put my finger on - I'm thinking it might be the way they move, which is like no guinea pig I've ever seen.

That said, kids will love it - they're furry, they have tech, they do the action hero thing: done, kids happy.

Weirdly Nic Cage's voiceover work (as a mole named Speckles) doesn't bug me as much as Nic Cage normally does, and is actually quite amusing. Another random addition to the mix is Bill Nighy as a baddie - the effect is bemusing at best.

This is definitely watchable, but really, don't expect too much of it. It's about guinea pig secret agents, after all.

28.12.2014 11:49

Advantages

• "Fits well"
      • "Bright colours "

Disadvantages

• "Colours do fade a bit too"
      • "Goes a bit loose after a while"

Average quality case but cheap price

I have a couple of these covers that I bought on Amazon because they were really cheap at the time and I only paid £1.99 each for them.

They were available in a variety of different colours to suit any mood from more subdued greys to shocking pinks. I have a pink one and also a white one and I love the colour of the pink because it is very bright and vivid.

The TPU is like plastic though it isn’t at all hard and has some elasticity to it and can be slightly bent and flexed. It also has a lot of shine to it so it isn’t one to buy if you don’t want a shiny case. The pink one that I have is especially shiny though it has faded a lot since I first got it.

The cases both fit really well and allow access to all the buttons on my phone and the ports like the charging port. The phone just clicks into place in the case and fits snugly so it won’t fall out.

Unfortunately the flexibility of the TPU means that the case actually stretches a little bit over time and especially with the white one it is much looser than when I first got it. The phone still fits in securely enough but it is defiantly looser than it was originally. The colours also aren’t as bright and have lost some of their vividness which is a shame as they looked so nice in the beginning.

For the really cheap price these cases have been fine. They aren’t the best cases but they do ok and they do at least stop the back of your phone getting scratched but remember they won’t do anything to stop the front of your phone getting scratched or damaged.

• Benefit They're Real Mascara / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.12.2014 11:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

• Expensive
      • Clumpy

Don't waste your money!

This mascara was a waste of money. I was initially impressed by the packaging and the brand name as I love everything Benefit. However the mascara did NOT live up to my expectations. The mascara brush is a bit weird in itself. It has spikes as opposed to having "normal" bristles and the spikes are a little too hard for my delicate lashes. It also has a "ball" at the end which is supposed to cling to your corner lashes and extend them. I found this ball quite uncomfortable and it didn't do anything for my corner lashes. Also the brush is quite rubbery and it doesn't feel all that nice to use. Using this mascara (in my opinion) is not a pleasant experience. It's hard to manoeuvre the strange brush so applying this product takes longer than expected, which isn't good in a morning rush!

The mascara clumps really easily, no matter how much you "wiggle" the brush like the Benefit store assistant told me too. I instantly saw the mascara clumping when I first tried it and after a further few failed attempts the mascara went in the bin, which was a loss of around £20. In fact this mascara is always going up in price and I don't know why! The mascara also has an unpleasant odour to it, unless I just ended up with a bad batch. The only thing good about it is the sleek silver packaging.

The mascara is a nightmare to remove. Whenever I used the mascara it took me forever to remove it, even when I scrubbed and scrubbed at it until my eyes were red and sore. There was still some visible mascara the morning after, it was literally stuck to my eyes for days afterwards.

I would not recommend this mascara. It gave me the dreaded spider eyes look, it did NOTHING to lengthen my lashes and the brush felt horrible. In fact it made my lashes look SHORTER due to the clumping!

Not worth the money.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.12.2014 11:23

Advantages

• "Very nice laptop with excellent keyboard"
      • "Great communication on ordering progress"
      • "Able to specify my own build"
      • "Easy ordering"

Disadvantages

Would certainly recommend to friends/colleagues. Very nice laptop.

A work colleague recommended PC Specialist. I was originally looking at an Asus ROG for the build I required but the standard models had components I didn't need (wanted a powerful development laptop rather than gaming) and also weighed in at 5.5kg! I was able to specify a powerful laptop with max memory and a large SSD weighing 3.2kg which gave me everything I need.

Build quality appears to be very good and the matt screen is excellent. The only thing that caught me out was that I had to install a lot of the drivers. They came on a disk packaged with the quick start guide but I didn't bother to look at that, so my own fault. Once I had installed the drivers the speakers sounded very good (for a laptop)!

28.12.2014 11:11

Advantages

• "Helps you to get the higher grades"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

Vital to any student in their GCSE year!

Throughout the period leading up to my GCSE's, I, like many other teenagers, spent most of my time with my head buried in one of these revision guides as I tried my hardest to get the grades I wanted to achieve. Thankfully, this 'series' of revision guides, are the sort where you could spend all day looking through, due to the nature of them. They are not set out in a plain, boring manner, where you are sat, starting a black wall of text in front of you for hours on end. The pages a nicely split up into sections, with labelled coloured diagrams that help make your learning easy to understand. You also get an attempt from CGP to make you laugh at the bottom of each page, which always makes you laugh inside, even if it's just at the fact that they tried... it's the thought that counts.. right?

The book itself is split up into 3 sections, these are the 3 different exams that you will face in Chemistry GCSE if you are taking triple science. If you are doing double science, then you would only need to study the first two sections of the book. The 3 sections are labelled B1, B2 and B3. Each of these is then also split down in to two sections, an A and a B. At the end of each A and B section, you are given a little test on what you have just learnt, annoyingly however you only get answers to the questions that are maths based. However, they are the sort of tests that you can just go back, and the answer will be staring at you in the face within the text, and are easily found.

I paid £3 for each of my copies, however now you can find them at an even better price of near £1.50 off of websites such as amazon. I would highly recommend that you get these if you are studying your GCSE's, or are a parent of a student who is currently about to sit their GCSE's, I would label them as an essential part of any students revision schedule. I know people who were in the same set as me, but chose not to use these books, and go just off of their own notes and they achieved a grade or two lower than what other people in the same class got, who used these revision guides. They really are a useful revision material, and I can't stress this enough.

Once again, I would highly recommend these books to any GCSE student.

5 stars!!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.12.2014 09:55

Advantages

• "best price online"

Disadvantages

A good spec for a great price

My son wanted to upgrade from his laptop. He spent a lot of time on the Internet finding out what he needed and where he could get it for the money he had. He is very happy with his new PC and is recommending PC Specialist to all his friends.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.12.2014 01:47

Advantages

• "Fast time to delivery"
      • "Good customer service"

Disadvantages

Very good service

Very good service and easy to use site. I received advice on what parts to get for my system.

Desktop was delivered promptly and arrived in perfect condition.

Only small niggle I have is that on the site at purchasing they said they would install my preferred browser but it wasn't installed.

28.12.2014 01:19

Advantages

• "Great quality"
      • Affordable

Disadvantages

Fantastic!

I've tried lots of different types of extensions and have been wearing hair extensions for 2 years. Foxylocks extensions are by far the best quality extensions I have ever tried and they have lasted me much longer as well. I have owned 2 sets of these extensions and I was recommended these by my sister who has worn this brand for about 3 years! For me these lasted a full year which is amazing for extensions. The hair is very good quality and they don't shed nearly as much as other brands I have tried. Also they are made from remy human hair so they can be curled, straightened or dyed just like with your real hair. The website is very helpful and it makes it easy to pick the right shade of hair for you. There are 4 different sets to choose from and the price ranges from £59 to £175. With the set I buy (Deluxe set which is £78) you will receive two 3 clip wefts, two 4 clip wefts, two 2 clip wefts and four 1 clip wefts; which is enough hair to make your hair look full, voluminous and it makes your natural hair blend with the extensions perfectly. The clips on these hold onto the hair comfortably and prevent the extensions from moving throughout the day. I wouldn't ever buy any other set of hair extensions because these such amazing value for money and I would definitely recommend the to anybody looking for a good set of hair extensions.

• Suttons Seeds Tomato / Plant / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      28.12.2014 00:23

Advantages

• "The plants are all strong and healthy"
      • "The tomatoes grow to be very sweet and delicious"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages"

Suttons tomato seeds

WHAT ARE THEY?

These are tomato seeds that are sold by Suttons. I grow tomatoes every year because I use them alot in cooking and I bought Suttons seeds last year because I had placed an order with them for some other seeds so I thought that I would buy a larger amount of other seeds that I use regular so that I could get free postage on my order.

HOW DO YOU USE THEM?

You use good quality soil and sow the tomato seeds close to the top of the soil. You should water the seeds regular but do not give them too much water until they have started to sprout as green plants, when the tomatoes have started to develop you should water them a little bit more but the most important thing is to give them some food as the tomatoes start to grow because that helps them.

WHAT I THINK

I was very happy with these seeds and am glad that I bought them from Suttons because I grew many tomatoes from my 8 plants and I had so many that even though I use alot myself I was still able to give alot of tomatoes away to friends.

The plants were easy to grow and grew to a height that I knew I would get a lot of tomatoes even before they started to develop. The tomatoes I grew from these seeds were sweet and very delicious, they were not very big tomatoes but I did not have any that suffered with rot or that did not grow properly. The stem of each plant was strong and gave much support to the plant, I had to tie it to a cane because of how tall it got but the stem helped for the plant to stay healthy I think because of how thick and strong it was.

If you like to grow tomatoes I think you should buy these seeds from Suttons because they are very effective and make it easy to grow tasty tomatoes and alot of them.

5 Dooyoo Hearts.

28.12.2014 00:10

Advantages

• "Easy Access"
      • Catwalks
      • "Plenty of parking"
      • Shopping

Disadvantages

• "Expensive food"
      • "Comes across cheap"
      • "Barely any designer names"
      • Busy
      • "ATM charges"

Losing it's touch - the downward spiral of the Clothes Show

I first attended the Clothes Show in 2004, as a school trip with Textiles. I remember having to get to school at about 7.30 in the morning, clambering on to a coach with a packed lunch in hand, and seriously looking forward to a day of shopping. And I was right to be excited - it was a brilliant day, filled with loads of stores, catwalk shows and freebies - in fact, I even won a bag of things by sitting and watching a show.

So imagine my excitement when my boyfriend said he had bought us tickets to go again this year just gone (2013)! I got up early, I got dressed up in heels and a nice outfit, and we arrived. And I don't know what to say other than I was... Disappointed...

A history of the Clothes Show

So I didn't know this, but my boyfriend revealed the the Clothes Show used to be a programme on the BBC, starting in 1986. In 1989, the show made it's first appearance at the Birmingham NEC, and a magazine was released to accompany it all. The television programme ran up until the late 1990's - but the Birmingham show has continued up until the present day.

When is the show? How do you get there? How do you get tickets?

The show is always held over six days at the start of December, in the brilliant Birmingham NEC. Tickets are available through the official website, which is clothesshowlive.com, and there are a range of different ticket types available - the standard ticket price is £28, or students get in for £25. Children under 5 are free, and if you really want to splash out, you can buy the platinum ticket, which gives you a show guide, show bag and the best seats in the fashion theatre. All tickets also have a £2 administration fee, and when you book, you choose a time slot for the fashion show - this year sponsored by Alcatel.

Getting to the NEC is pretty easy from whichever direction - once you get close enough, it's really well sign posted, and when you arrive, there is plenty of parking. To get from you car to the actual NEC, you could walk, or there is a shuttle bus that runs really often - I think every ten minutes. We had to queue for a while to get on one, but that was because we got there at the same time as the rest of the world, and everybody had the same idea - but once we were on the bus, we got a seat, they didn't overfill it, and it was comfortable and quick.

The only downside to the parking was the price - it was £10 on top of our ticket prices. You could either pay on your way in, or on the way out. We were staying to watch Take Me Out Live, so visited the car before the show, and decided to pay then. By the time we came out to go home, all the parking gates were open and unmanned, so we basically wasted £10, which really annoyed us, but I guess we weren't to know.

I'm inside - now what?

You walk into the NEC and it's rammed with girls dolled up, with skyscraper heels, mini skirts, enough makeup to open your own beauty room, and enough perfume to create a new ozone layer. There's not many men, but those you do see are trailing behind a gang of girls, weighed down with random shopping bags, or they're as dressed up as the girls and twice as excited.

The Clothes Show is nicely split into different coloured rooms, and the carpet colour indicates where you are. There's about five different coloured halls, plus a food area, multiple catwalk stages, and the Alcatel Fashion Show Arena. Each area is pretty large, and rammed with people and stalls. So let's break it down:

Hall 9&10 - Grey - The Refresh Zone - The fashion theatre was in this section, plus a type of food hall complete with toilets. Allow me to start with the food, and the one simple word to explain it: extortionate!!! We stopped here for our lunch, and had a cheeseburger and chips, and a bottle of water each. It came to near enough £20, and I nearly dropped dead from shock. The stalls supplying the food were little takeaway carts, so the choice wasn't very varied, and there wasn't enough seating for the amount of people attending the show. We were a little confused as to why the NEC's restaurant wasn't open, as I'm sure if they opened that, they would have done a roaring trade over the five days. The toilets, however, were surprisingly clean, with big mirrors, enough hand soap, toilet paper and space, considering they were similar to porta-loos. I was pretty impressed. I will come back to the Fashion Theatre later.

Hall 7&8 - Purple - Fashion Fix - This is where Clothes Show starts to go downhill. THe last time I visited the exhibition, the Fashion Fix section was filled with high street names, small boutiques and lots and lots of discounted items. This year, I can only describe it as cheap, similar to the market in Nottingham. There were no brands to be seen - last time I bought Paul's Boutique or David and Goliath, to name but two, and this year, it was row after row of those types of shops that all have different names, but the same stock. Don't get me wrong, they had some nice things - I bought a dress and a fur headband (very fashionable) for £20, but they're not a designer brand, or a high street brand for that matter, and when we went into the next stall for a look, I saw the exact same dress for £2 more. It was a battle to see anything, and I saw more tacky Christmas jumper stands then I care to mention - if you were going for a load of Christmas tat, then it was a good thing, for everyone else it wasn't worth it. I expected Pineapple, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse... And I got cheapcheapbargains.com, NewLine, and Shikha London - all brands I had never heard of.

Hall 6 - Lilac - Vision VIllage - This hall was pretty much the same, although this time, there were a few things I recognised - ClaireaBella were there, and I love their bags, and Citroen were showcasing their gorgeous DS3. There were a few jewellery stands in this hall, but nothing fascinating or unique. The most interesting part of this hall was the Diet Coke catwalk - and the ladies handing out mini cans of Coke whilst you watched. But once you had watched once, that was it, there was nothing more to see. You could also wander around stands for all of the universities which offer a fashion and design course - if you were looking into going to one of those, I would recommend going and finding out more, but for me, who is interested, but doesn't have to ability to go to uni, it was a big part of the Clothes Show taken up by something useless in my opinion.

Hall 19 - Aqua - Style Boutique in Association with handbag.com - Again, another hall filled with unknown brands. The only thing I enjoyed in this area was the Echo Falls Wine Bar, where you could chill for a while, enjoy a glass of Echo Falls and rest your weary feet. There was also a stand selling toffee flavoured vodka - we walked past it a number of times, and by midday, there was a little sign saying sold out, and to come back tomorrow. It was nice to see that a product had done well. In this hall, you could find sunglasses, handbags, accessories and these little clips to put on your shoes to jazz them up - cute but not designer!

Hall 20 - Pink - The Beauty Hall - My favourite! And hooray, hello designers! Barry M, HD Brows, Abercrombie & Fitch, Clarins, Carmex, the Elemis Spa Bus (yes - a bus that offered spa treats), Jelly Pong Pong, Models Own... The list is endless. I was totally happy just staying in that area, surrounded by a heavenly pink glow, make up and rip off perfume... Wait, what? Rip off, I hear you say? Well ok, it may not be rip off - but have you ever been to those travelling fairs, where there is a person with a microphone trying to get you to play hoopla, telling you all the benefits? Well it was like that, with a type of perfume called Sexy Shoo. The bottle was plastic, ugly and shaped like a fat stiletto, and all they kept saying was "it's not on the high street yet - get it before it arrives on the high street, it's going to be a best seller" - and yet it was £20 for two. I wasn't impressed with that side of things, but it was easy to avoid. I got some sleep in rollers for £10 - bargain!

The Fashion Theatre - Going back to the fashion theatre, I have nothing but praise for this one. The queue regime is a little complicated - you have to find the right letters for your ticket, and then hope you're standing in the right sort-of line. You have to arrive 15 minutes before the show starts, and as one group comes out, you file in. People check your ticket, and you move through to find your seat. It's a fluid process, to be fair, so you don't waste time, or stand around getting impatient. The seats are red plastic, but not uncomfortable, and they are tightly packed in, but you have room to breathe. We were sat quite far back, but you could still see perfectly, so we didn't miss a thing.

The show started with Amy Childs, another TOWIE star, and two people I didn't know, talking a load of nonsense really, but making people cheer, so getting us ready for the show. Then we were treated to a performance from Union J - ok, they're not exactly massive, but it was a nice song and I enjoyed it. Then, the fashion show started, and it was brilliant - dancing, catwalking, a free phone for one watcher, and lots and lots of clothes. I couldn't fault it, and even my boyfriend, who isn't into fashion, enjoyed it. It was really good to see some nice clothes, and there were the other clothes that you look at and think "really?" - so it was good to giggle at them too!

What else is there?

Dotted around each hall are various Meet & Greet areas, where you could queue to say hello to "celebrities" such as Sam Callahan (X Factor), various TOWIE "stars" and some other people I had never heard of. I didn't bother queueing for anybody, but did get a blurry snapshot of the X Factor guy, just because it was funny to my boyfriend and I that a group of squealing girls were waiting about an hour to see him.

On the catwalk stages, there were shows, one of university graduates designs, which were interesting, although used models that needed a bit of work, as they had funny quirks which I couldn't help but notice, and another which used finalists from Britain and Irelands Next Top Model, but we missed this one, unfortunately.

There was an area where you could have your photo taken for Select Model Management, and be entered into a competition to become a model, but unlike previous years, nobody seems to walk around scouting people anymore.

There were ATMs available, but there were pretty bit queues, and they did charge a fee - if you can plan ahead, take cash with you. Not many of the stalls accepted card.

What was my overall opinion?

Overall, I was disappointed. Yes, getting there is easy, and their car park/shuttle bus arrangement works really well, but once you are inside, it's just like a cattle market, with products that aren't worth fighting for. I didn't get excited over any of the items, and I wasn't that impressed with the lack of designers. The beauty hall and the fashion show are worth going for, but I'm glad we only bought standard tickets, and didn't splash out on platinum tickets, as there didn't seem much benefit.

I think the high standards from previous years have dropped considerably, and I feel the way we spend our money shows with the cheap stalls, instead of top designers, but Clothes Show seems to have opened the doors to anybody and everybody exhibitor wise, and that's sad to see.

The visitors to the clothes show seem to be mainly tweenagers - 13 and 14 year old, who do nothing but squeal at celebrities and push their way to the front of the stalls and get in your way. It would be nice if school trips had a seperate day, and maybe a day for college and university people would be ideal, so they can really benefit from studying the catwalks better, but that's just my opinion.

I enjoyed the day, but it's not something I'm going to rush to buy tickets for in 2014. It turns into a very expensive day, very quickly, so I recommend taking your own food and drink, and if you don't expect too much, then by all means, give it a go.

A slightly floppy 3/5 from me - sorry Clothes Show!

27.12.2014 23:51

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Poor Sound Quality"
      • "Last about a month"

Only lasts a month or two if you're lucky, pretty naff really!

In the gaming world, you really have two choices when it comes to how you want to heard the audio content of your games, and the ability to talk to your piers through Xbox Live/PSN/any PC video call system. You either go for a cheap option, knowing that it's only going to last a matter of months, or you spend the money to get the quality, and expect it then to last for a few years, as you should get what you pay for.

I have had an Xbox 360 for 6 years now, and for the first 4 of them, I was buying these microphones over and over and over. This microphone headset in particular I must have bought at least 5 times, I kept rotating which one I bought, in the hope that I would find one that works, or that they have fixed the problems that were causing them to be so naff.

The problems with the headset are as followed. The bit of plastic that goes over your head does not easily stay in place, so you spend a lot of your time readjusting the position of your headset rather than playing the game. The earpiece does not provide good quality, and you often get this weird occurrence where your friends start hearing you in a weird, muzzled voice, which causes you to have to remove the jack, and put it back into the controller to fix the issue. Other problems I've had with it are, it simply just stops working, it seems fine externally but when I plug it in.... nothing.

Another problem is where the plastic is so flimsy that it often just snaps, leaving you with now way of being able to keep the headset actually on your head. Another issue is that sometimes you have to have to jack, partially out, and somehow keep it in that position for the headset to work.

Basically, this headset is useless for gaming, and is the lowest of the low when it comes to quality. It doesn't surprise me that their price tag is normally in and around £3, as that's all they are worth.

If you need a short term replacement whilst you try find a good gaming headset then this is fine, as it's rare that they will break that soon on you, just don't expect them to last more than a few months.

1/5

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown