17.09.2014 00:37

Advantages

• " cheap."
      • " translucent"
      • " flexible"
      • " Won't break easily"
      • "Good fit"

Disadvantages

• None.

A 10/10 Case. Would reccomend this to anyone!

PRODUCT: This Paticular case comes in many various colour I believe it comes in up to ten colours which is always a nice option to have when it comes to personalization. The case fits the iPad air very well which is something I always like to see. The flexi case is flexible but not one of the cases you will find to break easily as the edges are flexible but the back of the case is abit more tougher. This case is also translucent meaning you can still see the desighn of the tablet for example the apple logo. It also had a raised edge on the front of the case to protect if from those drops and falls you may come across which will give it some nice added protection. It also has cut outs for all of your buttons you will need to acces for instance the lock button, the home button, volume button, silent button, the speakers will have a cutout as well as the headphone jack , microphone, camera etc. Using the case myself I found it to be very well-made and never had any problems with it at all I give this case for the price and what you get a full 10/10

PRICE: You can pick this up of Mobilefun.co.uk for a mere price of just £7.99 which I found to be quite cheap and was quite happy to pay this for a case of this standard,

FINAL WORD: A Great case no faults to it at all a great buy for anyone wanting a lightweight case with that extra something.

17.09.2014 00:25

Advantages

• " protection"
      • " fun"
      • " colourful"
      • "Child friendly"

Disadvantages

• " heavy for a case."
      • Chunky

Another great child friendly case, just abit on the chunky side!

PRODUCT: The product is made of a silicone material which is generally quite stretchy and can mould to a lot of different shapes making it easy to put on the iPad and take off. I found this to be very helpful as I would only put this on when my younger son wanted to go on the tablet and take it off after and found this very helpful. The colours you can get with it are very vibrant and colourful which is nice addition to have. It also has little extra bits where the child can hold onto making it easier for them to hold the iPad without dropping it or just with more ease. This case will also protect the iPad from any knocks or bangs you may have. It also provides some extra grooves around the case for extra grip which is good for evryone using it. I found the case to be abit chunky and it added a bit of weight to the tablet but other than that I had no complaints.

PRICE: You can pick up this case in many different colours from amazon from around the price tag of £19.99 which for me is a bit more than I would have expected but wouldn't go too far to say it wasn't worth it. I thought it was worth it. It has survived many falls and scrapes with minimal damage which is always good to see. This also fits the iPad 2, 3, 4.

FINAL WORD: A great gift for children or in general. Very child friendly.

• London & Country Mortgages / Mortgage / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      17.09.2014 00:10

Advantages

• "Excellent and tailored advise"
      • " Wide choice"

Disadvantages

• NONE

Awesome firm!!

I would not hesitate to recommend L&C to anyone who would like a Financial Services review both in their mortgage search and in any other products.

The firm is staffed with highly trained and professional people who are always keen to help you. Tom & Andrew are superb!!!!

I have been using them for years and they have never let me down.

• secretsales.com / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      16.09.2014 23:48

Advantages

• "Convenience "
      • Website
      • "Customer service"
      • Prices
      • Brands

Disadvantages

Very good website with great brands prices and bargains. The customer service is even better!

This site is really very good. The brand selection is exceptional, the prices are great. The site is so well organised and easy to use, easy browsing, easy purchasing, easy payments. The returns are easy and refunds are always on time with no questions asked. In case of any questions they reply immediately and they are really very kind and helpful, always trying to accommodate your needs. They also have great loyalty program. If you are looking for great brands and great customer service this is the site to go!

• Catching Fire (DVD) / DVD / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      16.09.2014 23:12

Advantages

• Gripping
      • Exciting
      • "Great acting"
      • "Great special effects"

Disadvantages

• " a main character"
      • "Lack of Peeta"

Even better than 'The Hunger Games'!

Some time has passed after the end of The Hunger Games and Katniss and Peeta have not spoken to each other at all since returning to District 12. Catching Fire opens on the day of the 'Victory Tour' around the country. Later, it is announced that for the 75th Hunger Games, the third Quarter Quell, there will be a twist and the volunteers will be picked from the pool of previous victors. Katniss and Peetasoon find themselves back in the arena and things are even more brutal before.

Catching Fire has you gripping the edge of your seat from the very beginning. Now I know that sounds like a massive cliché, but it is actually true! There is such a tense atmosphere in this film as rebellion seems to be brewing and no one knows who to trust. This film is highly exciting and much flashier than The Hunger Games but this is definitely a good thing. The special effects are much better and highly impressive, as is the setting and the costumes.

Although this is quite an action packed film, there were also many very emotional scenes in which I was on the point of tears in. This plot is actually quite moving as a lot of people are wronged and killed unjustly throughout the series and I'm glad that this more melancholic tone was able to shine through as well. That said, there are also several funny parts so it's not too depressing.

In Catching Fire we see the relationship between Katniss and Peeta develop some more and we see more of Katniss' sensitive side which is interesting. Jennifer Lawrence continues to portray Katniss as a very real and raw character and seems to get it just right.

I was a little disappointed by Peeta's part in this film as I felt that he didn't have a substantial role. Although he was often being talked about or seen on screen, he doesn't do a great deal of talking and his presence wasn't felt very strongly in my opinion. There were lots of sweet moments from Peeta but apart from these Peeta/Katniss moments, I don't think he was given much attention. I got the impression that Peeta doesn't really exist without Katniss which I did not get from the books.

Catching Fire is a really great film that's actually even better than the first film in this trilogy. The plot is a lot more intricate in this instalment with many twists and turns that keep you on your toes. This is a must see film, though I would highly recommend watching the first film first so that you truly understand what they are fighting for in part two. It also ends on a massive cliffhanger so you absolutely must see it before watching the next instalment, Mockingjay.

16.09.2014 23:07

Advantages

• " and the pot will last for ages"
      • "Cooling and refreshing"

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't change appearance of the under eye area"

A refreshing treat for the eyes

Why did I buy it?

I received this eye gel as part of a bargain bag of beauty goodies that I picked up from the Body Shop recently! I have seen this in the store before but I had never really considered buying it, so this was a good way to get to try it out!

What is it and how much does it cost?

This elderflower enriched eye gel is designed to cool and refresh the delicate skin around the eyes. And if you want an extra cooling boost, you can pop it in the fridge! At full price a 15ml jar is gbp7, although the Body Shop often has special offers - especially online - so look out for those.

Using the product

This comes in a dinky little jar with a screwtop lid, and inside the gel is completely clear. It has a reasonably thick texture - but not too thick that it's tricky to apply. I use my little finger to get just a tiny amount of this onto my fingertip, and I then apply it under my eyes.

It instantly feels nice and cool and very light, so it's easy to apply. It sinks in quickly, although you do have to be careful not to apply too much! You really do need just a little. I have quite sensitive eyes, and I wear contact lenses, so I do have to be careful with products like this, but this one causes me no issues at all.

After use, once the gel has dried, it gives a slightly tight feeling under the eyes. This isn't unpleasant at all, although I don't think this alters the appearance of the under eye area.

The verdict

I really like this product. It makes my eyes feel cool and fresh after I use it, and I think my pot will last for absolutely ages. It doesn't work any miracles, and won't get rid of bags or dark circles, but it is a pleasant product to use and is good for tired eyes.

In summary: A nice refreshing eye gel

16.09.2014 22:43

Advantages

• fantasy
      • captivating

Disadvantages

• short

A great fantasy book

Though I watched the film first I found both the book and film to be completely different. The book kept me hooked all the way through and I really enjoyed it. Especially the fact that it could keep me gripped, because very few books do lately.

Personally in my opinion I found the book a whole 95% better than the film. Need I say Kristen Stewart's terrible emotionless acting ruined the film? At least with the book you are able to picture someone else in the leading role. Just encase anyone is interested in the film, it also stars Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth. Although the film wasn’t all that gripping the climax was quite good, this is why emphasise that the book is only 95% better. I find myself humoured by the fact I say ONLY 95% better.

As I have stated the book is written very well, to the point where I hope the author writes her own work and not just film adaptations. That being said I am yet to check whether this woman actually has written any of her own works, but if she has I will be sure to check them out.

Anyway, the novel follows the basic premise of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, just with a more gripping plot line on the Huntsman’s behalf. Which one can assume by the title of this book. The book is also short and this is one factor that put me off reading this book before actually watching the film.

16.09.2014 22:36

Advantages

• gripping

Disadvantages

• short

A cute book

The cover being used here is incorrect and the correct cover had two people walking their dogs on the front. When I brought this book it was more than £0.20 and I don't understand why the price is so low when this book is one of the best I've read in a very long time. Especially for a kindle book. Being a student I rarely find time to pick up a book let alone buy one. So it was good to be able to purchase this on the Amazon kindle store.

This book is brilliant and so true to real life situations. I really versioned Gilly in my mind and that’s saying something. It takes an artist to be able to create visual imagery in my mind. You predict it to go one way and then secrets start to unfold towards the end which takes your mind elsewhere. This element on its own makes this book fantastic.

The book is brilliantly written, so much so it keeps you hooked. I read this book in a day. So admittedly it is short, but then again I don’t think you are supposed to sit there hours on end to read it. What I find best about this book is that you can read it at a slow pace or like me (in a day) and still get full enjoyment from it.

I seriously thank the author of this book and I will definitely be buying her new novel, Ten Years On. I would also definitely recommend this especially since the price of it has shot right down since I bought it and that’s saying something considering it was cheap enough as it was.

16.09.2014 22:26

Advantages

• artistic
      • beautiful

Disadvantages

• short

A great story for falling in love

Watching the anime before I even began to read this manga series has really put this manga into perspective now that I am finally reading it. Not that this manga would be hard to comprehend without the anime, but it helps with voices and overall interaction and movement.

The author has made a couple of side references to state that this volume (and other volumes) tend to jump around, but I haven't found that problem yet. In fact I have found quite the opposite.

I like how evenly spaced these chapters are and at times I enjoy the fact that some are longer than others, it keeps you intrigued or at least, it keeps me intrigued.

The sketches are still, as always, beautiful. Some of the best I have seen in manga because they are so artistic and delicate.

That being said, the plot thus far is strengthening and although I own the anime, the manga plot is not spoiled at all spoiled for me. I still find myself hooked at the end of each volume wanting more.

One thing I don't like about this manga though is that it takes me 45 minutes to get through a volume and I dearly miss the Death Note detail. Where it would take me a good, nearly, two hours, but this is not Death Note, so I will not complain. However, I do wish they were slightly longer, especially for the money.

This series so far consists of two protagonists who have concealed feelings, one being very solitary. As the series goes on there is a big misunderstanding between the two main protagonists and though it can seem a bit stretched at times, it is thoroughly enjoyable to read.

This has become my number one favourite manga and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves manga or comics or just general stories about falling in love.

16.09.2014 21:54

Advantages

• "Nice enough"

Disadvantages

A nice little case.

My hubby recently ordered me this case from Amazon and when it came I was pleasantly surprised. When my hubby said he had ordered me a Moshi case, I instantly thought of the monsters and to be quite honest I wasn't exactly thrilled! I am 29, I am not into Moshi Monsters and my hubby being a wind up decided to keep me thinking that it was indeed the monster case he had ordered me and I was slightly dreading it, until it came, and then I was quite happy.

He ordered the case in white as he thought it would go well with my white phone and not be too obvious and I am pleased with his choice as I do really like it.

It's a nice sleek case with a nice soft finish that feel lovely in the hand.

It has a nice minimalist feel and look to it which I really like as it distracts nothing from the overall look of the iPhone.

The back has a hole and through this you can see the Apple logo on the back of the phone, it has grooves in all the right places to allow easy access to the power button, volume, mute, and charge port, the camera is clearly visable and the case does not interfere with photo taking in any way.

I don't think it would protect the screen if you dropped it but it does protect from knocks and scratches which is what it is meant for.

It serves it's purpose really well and looks good too, the price isn't too bad either and can be bought for round £8 on Amazon.co.uk.

16.09.2014 21:39

Advantages

• Work
      • Cheap

Effective yet cheap.

In order to save a few pennies I stopped buying 'big' brand medicines, I figured the cheaper products were just as effective but in not so fancy packaging and this turned out to be true.

I buy the Galpharm Ibuprofen tablets either in Poundland where they are three for £1 or in Savers where they are 19p a box and I think this is a fantastic price for these tablets. They have more or less the same ingredients as the pricier brands but do the same job and just as effectively.

I have recently had my tongue pierced and was advised to take ibuprofen to help reduce any swelling and they also help with the discomfort too. I took these tablet immediately after having the piercing done and carried on taking as recommended on the box which was to take 1 to 2 tablets up to 3 times a day and not to exceed more than 6 in 24 hours. All the relevant information is on the back of the box and there is also a leaflet included inside.

I found these tablets really helped with the pain and swelling of my tongue and I do believe that these helped with the healing process because as soon as the swelling was reduced my tongue could then heal in the way it is meant to.

These are easy tablets to take and are small white round coated tablets that go down easily with a glass of water. They contain 200mg of active ingredient so precautions should be taken when using this and any other medication.

16.09.2014 20:28

Advantages

• Robust
      • "Scope for different ages"
      • "Brightly coloured"

Disadvantages

• "Not loud enough"

Cats singing Insey Wincy Spider?

The Tablet costs us £7.50 on a 2 for £15 offer. The tablet is made of hard plastic, has a pretend screen on the front of it and then a battery section on the back, it takes AAA batteries but we haven't had to change ours since September so the battery life is good, the battery section is held in place with a screw so your child cannot get to the batteries.

There are 40 main buttons on the screen and then 7 buttons to select the activities, activity buttons have drawings on them to indicate what each activity is along with a music button and a replay button. The main buttons on the screen are the numbers 1 to 10, there are the letters from A to Z and there is a volume button, an instrument button, an animal sounds button and a melodies button.

To select activities you use the buttons across the bottom, there are activities called letters and numbers, one called learn let's learn ABC, one to find first letters of words, one to find letter sounds, a musical note button and then a activity to spell words.
      When you press an activity button it tells your child what they are going to do and which buttons to press whether it be letters or numbers. When your child does something right they get a fanfare and when your child does something wrong they get a sound like when a cartoon character such as Tom and Jerry has an accident, it sounds like a coiled spring to me.

An example of an activity on the tablet is the letters and numbers activity tells your child to press a letter or number and then when they do the tablet tells them the name of the letter or number, Emily likes to play on this one and although she hasn't really started remembering letters yet she is really could at knowing her numbers and I think this has helped her with them.

I think there is lots to learn from this toy and Emily will sit and play on it for ages without getting bored easily which we find sometimes with toys with her as she doesn't have a very long concentration span. She loves to set off the animals singing and then dance along, some of the melodies she recognises and she will sing along to them even though there are no words for her.
      She loves to show me how clever she is with the numbers and she will tell me what the number is before she presses it so that the tablet is basically confirming her answer and I hear her doing this when she is playing on her own with it too.

I think this is robust, great value and has lots of educational value to it, I rate this 4 stars simply because the volume is not loud enough.

16.09.2014 19:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

funnier and cleverer

The story follows a group of six very good friends, living, laughing, loving, dating and surviving in New York City. The episodes and/or series can all be watched and enjoyed individually, but more enjoyment can be had if you follow their stories from the beginning. Always funny there is sometimes a little pathos too and there are generally several story lines running simultaneously through each episode

===The Cast===

The six main characters are unchanged from the first series, but we now have a more in depth idea of their characters and motivations.

‘’’Jennifer Anniston as Rachel Green’’’ is still the same spoilt self-centred little girl grown up, but now we see a tough core. She has been working for minimum wage in Central Perk Coffee House for over a year, and now she has ambitions to work in the fashion industry.

‘’’Courteney Cox as Monica Geller’’’ is a trained chef but becomes unemployed and trying to make a catering business work. We find out much of her OCD and need to control comes from being an overweight teenager unappreciated by her over critical parents..

‘’’David Schwimmer as Ross Geller’’’ is now a father and tries to be more responsible and grown up. He tries to get over her by dating other people but his love for Rachel is unwavering.

‘’’Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing’’’ we find out that as a young boy he watched as his father left his mother for another man, becoming an unashamed transvestite, while his mother began a successful career as a “Jackie Collins” type novelist.

‘’’ Matt le Blanc as Joey Tribianni’’’ Joey the not too smart stud and out of work actor shows us that he is fiercely loyal to his friends and comes from a large loving family.

‘’’Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay’’’ We are shown much more of Phoebe’s past life, how her dad left home and her mother committed suicide, and how she ended up on the street, but didn’t lose her faith in human nature.

===Guest stars===

After the success of the first series, more guest stars were attracted to appear in the second. This time including Tom Selleck, Eliot Gould, Julia Roberts, Chrissie Hynde, Charlie Sheen, Brooke Shields, Jean Claude Van Damme, Chris Isaak and many others.

==Episodes==

===1. The one with Ross’ new girlfriend===

===2. The one with the breast milk===

To counteract his jealousy of his ex-wife’s new lover, Ross decides he should taste his son’s breast milk. Joey has a showdown with a rival perfume spritzer at his day job.

==3. The one where Heckles dies===

===4. The one with Phoebe’s husband===

===5. The one with five steaks and egg plant===

Chandler pretends to be someone else when he receives a mistaken phone call from a sexy woman. Differences in income and spending power divide the group.

===6. The one with the baby on the bus===

When Ross suffers a serious allergic reaction, Joey and Chandler have to babysit his baby son, Ben. A professional singer is given Phoebe’s singing spot at Central Perk.

===7. The one where Ross finds out===

===8. The one with the list===

Ross now has to decide between the love of his life Rachel, and the highly suitable, and compatible Julie. The three boys make a list of pros and cons.

===9. The one with Phoebe’s dad===

Phoebe decides to track down her real Dad, and asks Joey and Chandler to go with her to meet him.

===10. The one with Russ===

===11. The one with the Lesbian wedding===

All the friends attend the wedding of Ross’ ex-wife Carol to her lesbian lover Susan. Phoebe is possessed by the spirit of one of her massage clients who has died on the table.

===12 & 13. The one after the super bowl ( Part 1 & 2)===

===14. The one with the prom video===

===15. The one where Ross and Rachel…you know===

Monica meets an attractive older man. Joey decides to treat his room mate with his new found wealth as a soap star. Ross and Rachel finally go on their first date.

===16. The one where Joey moves out===

===17. The one where Eddy moves in==

Joey is gutted when Chandler gets a new room mate. Phoebe is approached by a record producer who wants to release one of her songs.

===18. The one where Dr Ramoray dies===

===19. The one where Eddy won’t go===

Chandler is freaked out by his weird and creepy room mate Eddy and wants him to leave. Joey finds himself unexpectedly strapped for cash again.

===20. The one where old yella dies===

The group finds out that Phoebe has never seen the endings to many childhood classic films. Joey and Chandler attempt to befriend Monica’s boyfriend Richard.

===21. The one with the bullies===

===22. The one with two parties===

===23. The one with the chicken pox===

===24. The one with Barry and Mindy’s wedding===

===Conclusion===

Rather than failing to live up to the first series hype, this series is stronger and funnier and has longer running stories. Although the Ross and Rachel story line continues, all the characters develop and become more three dimensional in this series, allowing the viewer to invest an emotional connection in them and their lives. Miss this at your peril.

16.09.2014 19:37

Advantages

• "Easy to use"
      • "Readily available"

Disadvantages

• "Sticky nose"
      • "Not for occasional sufferers"
      • "Makes my eyes water"

Not my cup of tea, will stick with antihistamines.

I am only an occasional hay fever sufferer, which is lucky for me. But it also means that this product isn't for me as i think it's more of a longterm solution, not a one off treatment.

When I feel symptoms coming on I generally just take some antihistamines which has worked well for me. but when I needed to find an alternative as I could not take any tablets I was recommended this nasal spray. It is readily available in pharmacies and drug stores and will set you back around £5-8 depending on where you shop and also what size bottle you buy. It comes in 100 and 180 sprays bottles.

I tried it when I felt the symptoms, but did not like it at all. For starters it made my eyes water really badly, which was probably just my body not liking having anything squirted up the nose. If you can personally stomach that feeling then you should be fine. I also felt it did not relief my symptoms as quickly and fully as the tablets normally do. And I need to blow my nose a lot after using it and my nose felt sticky. overall a very unpleasant experience.
      Maybe this product would be more effective when used regularly during hay fever season, probably a trial and error kind of thing, everyone is different and it might work well for you, but I personally prefer the tablets and went back to them as soon as I could.
      Should I need to look for another tablet alternative I would not go back to the spray, it was not worth the little bit of relief I got from it.

16.09.2014 19:04

Advantages

• "Colourful. Good for kids. Gives some protection."

Disadvantages

• "Chunky. "

Good Fun Case and great for kids!

PRODUCT: This product is a big chunky atenae case for the iPad Mini. You can pick this item up in all different colours which is nice. This is mainly meant to be used for kids so it is more child proof, hence the fact of the antennae being there so it is easier for the child to hold.

USING THE PRODUCT: I found this to be quite a chunky case which I didn't really like due to I like things being lightweight and no next to no effort to hold but with this it added a noticeable amount of wieght onto the tablet which I found to be a bad side to it. The design of it is fun and could be used as a great gift for children or anyone for that matter. The case seemed to fit the tablet really well and I had no problems putting it on and taking it off which is a plus note as I do find it annoying with other cases where I have trouble doing so. The material it is Made from is feels like a soft stretchy material, I want to call it silicone, but don't take my word for it!

PRICE:You can pick this up at Mobilefun.co.uk for a price tag of £9.99 Without Post and packaging. Different colours may vary in price too.

OVERALL: I thought that this was a good gift and also a nice looking case. But wouldn't be buying it to keep in the long run as dosent look or feel like the case would last very long!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown