• Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      09.07.2014 10:16

Advantages

• "kind to skin"
      • "matte finish"
      • "silky smooth"
      • "makes make-up last longer"

Disadvantages

• "can make you appear to look white"

A great powder when not being photographed.

THE PRODUCT: This powder is translucent so you don''t have to worry about finding the right shade for you. The powder comes in a black box with a picture of the product on the front along with the name of the product as well. On the back it gives you some information about the product and warning information. It also lists the ingredients as well. When opening the box this reveals the powder which is in a round pot made from a strong plastic. The bottom of the pot is clear and you can see the white powder inside. The screw on lid is black and has ?Smashbox'' printed on the top of it. When unscrewing the lid this reveals a tray which has a number of holes in, which is where the powder dispenses out of. This should have a round sticker on it when first buying the product and this can be removed easily when you are ready to apply the product to your face. The pot of powder looks quite small and thin; how-ever I presume this is because you don''t need to use a lot when applying the powder.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY:I purchased this from a Smashbox Cosmetics counter in my local Boots store. The product is priced at 18.00 which I thought was reasonable, so long as it was a good as product as people have said about it.

USING THE PRODUCT: I applied all of my make up as normal which included concealer, foundation and a little bronzer and blush. I tipped the pot upside down and unscrewed the lid with the pot upside down to dispense some of the powder into the lid to apply to my face. You do need to do this carefully so it''s best to unscrew the pot slowly to ensure that you don''t spill any of the powder. The powder itself is white in colour and is extremely fine and is probably the finest make-up powder I have ever seen. I was going to use a small but fluffy brush to apply this product to my face. I would suggest closing your eyes when applying the powder as it does stated on the packaging to avoid getting it directly into the eyes. I found the powder went on easily using the brush I had chosen. The powder was very silky when applying it and went on smoothly. After applying the powder to my face I used a slightly bigger brush to ensure that it was distributed evenly over my face. With this powder you have to be very careful when applying it. A little of this powder goes a long way and you have to ensure that it''s blended into your face well otherwise you will be left with white areas on your face, which I was soon to find out! After applying the powder, I looked in the mirror and loved the matte looking finish that the powder gave my face.

RESULTS: I thought I had applied this powder very well as when looking in the mirror the powder looked as though it had been blended well. It wasn''t until at least an hour after I had applied the powder that my boyfriend told me I had a white smear under one eye. This resulted in a very odd looking photograph when me and him went to visit the Spinnaker Tower, so for obvious reasons this photograph was not purchased! Luckily I was able to rub this and the white smear under my eye/on my cheek was soon blended in with the rest of my make-up. My make-up actually stayed looking great all day and I do feel as though it made my make-up, especially my foundation last a long longer than what it normally would. The powder gave my skin a smooth and silky finish and my skin looked matte and healthy. When applying the powder on a different occasion I did spend plenty of time ensuring that the powder was very well blended and that I didn''t have any white patches on my face. Again this powder kept my make-up looking great all day. I found the powder light on my skin and it didn''t clog any pores or cause me to have any breakouts. I used a facial cleansing wipe to remove my make-up and the product came off easily.

• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      09.07.2014 10:03

Advantages

• Price
      • Quality

Outstanding quality

We are London''s fringe venue and during years were using different printing companies. Now we will stack with Print24! It is fast, very professional and cheap! With our very first order we instantly get great support and advices and very good discount. When the first order has arrived we were very satisfied with it outstanding quality. Print24 informs you about every step of your order, so it is very easy to manage your schedule. When our artwork was slightly our of their requirements, they promptly informed us and suggested all the necessary changes and alterations. When we needed the online support during the registration it was very professional and smooth. At the moment we are going to order our next portion of flyers. Just great company!

09.07.2014 04:18

Advantages

• "Silky hair "

Disadvantages

Just as good as a CHI!!

I''ve owned a CHI all my life, but when I used this one for the first time it was almost just the same! Made my hair feel silky when I finished straightening, and it isn''t as expensive as a CHI. Good product, I reccomend it!

09.07.2014 04:14

Advantages

• "Slim/no viruses "

Disadvantages

One of the best computers I've owned!

I''ve had my MacBook for almost 3 years now, and I still love it! Easy to learn, easy to navigate, fun to use. I highly reccomend this product. Although the price is high, it''s worth it in the long run.

09.07.2014 03:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

Hilarious

This show is such a great and clever comedy. It is not over the top and does not use really obvious humour, which I really like. Instead it makes you laugh in several ways different to other comedies out there. I love the family as dysfunctional as they are, they are fabulous. They all add a different dimension to the show, they are not the same and can not be compared to any other characters out there. I really like this because time and time again we are presented with a show that can easily be compared to one already out there. The actors themselves deserve a lot of praise, they are what make the show. They play their parts so well and deserve way more recognition than what they have, the network was so wrong to cancel this show. I would highly recommend this show to anyone, especially those who love a clever comedy without the stupid canned laughter in the background.

09.07.2014 02:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

Excellent recipes

Time and time again you purchase cookbooks with recipes in them that you would never dream of cooking. Mainly because they take a day and a half to make or because you have to travel to the ends of the earth to find the ingredients the recipes call for. This cookbook is the complete opposite, it lives up to its title ''Fast, Fresh and Easy Food''. I particularly like the way it is split up into convenient sections like ''soups and salads'', so that you can easily access what course you want without having to go through the whole book to find what you want. The recipes themselves are very straightforward and there is no messing about, they tell you exactly what you need to do. The food that she cooks is very appealing to all people, its a crowd pleaser. I also like the way the book is presented it is very sleek and modern, and not too ''crowded''. If you love cooking I would go for this book.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      09.07.2014 01:57

Advantages

• Professional
      • Informative
      • Quick

Disadvantages

Overall, excellent service!

My computer came exactly as i asked it no issues! I got an email at every stage and thought the delivery service was the best I have ever had! One minor point when building the product, more information on each option would be ideal extra or even a ''Pcspcialist tip'' saying which option is the best for money as at the moment all you have to go on is jargon and the price.

08.07.2014 22:39

Advantages

• "Good attention to detail"
      • "Great Control"

Disadvantages

• "Not compatible with Mac/Linux"

Great for a while. Not compatible with linux or mac Expensive worth it though!!!!

I have Xplane 10 which is a great flight simulator and i bought this for a better experience for the game and had lots of fun flying aircrafts around with this beast of equipment. It is very realistic flight control and worth it for the money however it is useless without a program like Xplane or Microsoft flight (FSX) After a while of not playing with it the throttle worked fine but the steering of the plane broke and didn''t work and i was annoyed by this as i had it just under a year. The throttle worked perfectly on the computer but the Steering didn''t at all and was complety useless. Now for all the people On Mac (Apple) and Linux this flight control isn''t compatitble as the drivers and the software required to use does not support Linux and Mac. Im giving this a 4 star rating because half of mine broke and isn''t compatible with Mac or Linux.

• Sunshine On Leith (DVD) / DVD / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      08.07.2014 22:39

Advantages

• "Great soundtrack"
      • "Solid cast"

Disadvantages

• "Misses the mark"

A self proclaimed musical

I didn''t know anything about this film until I saw a trailer for it. It looked quite good so I put it on my Lovefilm list and this week it popped through my letterbox.

The film is a screen version of a musical which was first produced in 2007 and written around 13 songs by the Proclaimers. My knowledge of this Scottish band is limited to I''m Gonna Be (500 Miles) but in fact their second album which featured this well known anthem was called ''Sunshine on Leith''.

~ The plot (without giving too much away) ~ Two young squaddies, Davy and Ally return to Edinburgh, after a tour in Afghanistan. This is the story of how they adjust to civilian life and the relationships they strike up. The story line also followDavy''s parents played by Peter Mullan and Jane Horrocks who are about to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. However their relationship is rocked by the contents of a letter that arrives informing Davy''s father of the death of an old flame.

What I thought
      Positives: It''s a good cast who all have pretty good voices. Well okay, Peter Mullan''s voice isn''t that good but his acting is superb. The twin brothers who are the Proclaimers even have a cameo role appearing towards the beginning of the film as Davy and Ally return to the city. The director, Dexter Fletcher, also has a tiny cameo part, staggering out of the lads'' local pub.

The music is great. I certainly had no idea of the versatility of this Scottish duo.

Negatives: The plot is somewhat predictable and the tone is overly sentimental . So much more could have been made of some of the characters and the story line. At the beginning Sunshine on Leith shows promise; it looks as if it''s going to tackle the difficulties faced by returning soldiers from the horrors of Afghanistan. It doesn''t in any depth. For example, I wanted to see more of Ronnie (played by Paul Brannigan), the double amputee whose return from Afghanistan is on an altogether different trajectory.

The film is frequently compared to Mamma Mia but to me it''s completely different. Mamma Mia is pure fantasy and unashamedly a feel good film. Sunshine on Leith doesn''t quite know what it is. It has some great feel good numbers in it but it also has a poignant story to tell. I found myself quite frustrated at times. Whilst I enjoyed the music, it slowed the pace of the film to the point it seemed to drag. It is only 100 minutes long, but for me those minutes could have been put to better use.

Sorry guys, the Scottish Tourist Board must love this film (there are some wonderful shots of Edinburgh) but it just didn''t do it for me.

08.07.2014 22:32

Advantages

• "Many guns and customizations"

Disadvantages

• "Same game engine as all the other call of dutys"

Waste of money and would not get it

This game is great fun at times but may get fustrating and boring after a while... First of all i want to point out that all the other call of duty''s ( Call of duty 4 Call of duty 5 Mw2 Black ops And this one is on the same game engine and it pretty much= Same game.. Singleplayer is great fun to play through and good storyline and just amazing to play! There is plenty of missions to keep you happy and the best story i have ever seen of the call of duty''s so far! well worth playing and could play it million times over again! Multiplayer: Many maps and equipment/guns to keep you ocupied for a while which is the best thing. Customization of equipment is epic and lovly attention to detail to all maps. Graphics: Graphics are not as good as next gen was supposed to be and with other Next gen games coming out this is going to look like a play station 3 game rather than a 4. I havn''t paid much attention to the DLC''s Since this game is a waste of money and i wont spend more money on some junk. Now im not a big hater of Call of duty because i loved Modern warfare 3 and they havn''t put effort into the game and if anything another copy of Modern warfare 3 for the Ps4 would look epic. This game is not realistic one bit and dont like any of the guns and equipment all i like about the game is the maps not the graphical side but the design of it and the scale of the map which is perfect side for a game likes Ghosts but i reccomend not buying this and waiting for Advanced warfare as it is being made by a better game company!

• Watch Dogs (PC) / PC Game / 2 Readings / 0 Ratings
      08.07.2014 22:19

Advantages

• "Plenty of missions and side missions"
      • "Lots of things to hack"
      • "Lots of Back alleys and other routes to get into places."

Disadvantages

• "Not many Destructible objects"
      • "Limited customization options"
      • "Driving may feel a bit arcadey"

Overall this is a good game for the money and is recommended to all!

I bought this game and had hours and hours of fun playing on it for around a week but somehow i lost interest in the game and started going back to the Grand thef Autos and other open world games. This game is great fun if you like the style of the driving and there isn''t many things to customize like weopens and clothing is very limited. Destructible enviroment isn''t such a problem but sometimes I get annoyed when escapting from the cops and it looks like i can smash through something but all i do is the car coming to a complete stop which is fustrating at times.

08.07.2014 22:00

Advantages

• "Good price"
      • "Hours of fun"

Hama was a hit with us

Last year when we went to Ikea, my daughter pointed out some bead and peg boards which looked a lot like Hama so when it came to Christmas, I decided to get her some.

We paid around 5pound for a tub of 3000 beads which I think is excellent value for money. It is available from most major toy shops for a similar price.

The product concept is really simply yet provides hours of fun, simply place the beads onto a peg board (which is sold separately), iron over the top with a sheet of special paper which causes the beads to bond together.

Hama beads are little cylinders of coloured plastic, in this tub, the beads are a mixture of clear, brown, green, red, yellow, blue and purple and are translucent which I think adds a nice touch.

There are lots of different versions and set available, some are themed and there are also smaller beads available. These beads are classed as midi which means they are slightly bigger than other ones we have, (they measure approximately 5mm x 5mm) which means we have also used them for jewellery making which I another activity Lauren loves. Because these are a little bigger, we both found it easier to manipulate when first using.

The tub which the beads come in is re-sealable which is always a bonus as it means the beads are stored safely and securely when not in use. The set is aimed at children over the age of 5 due to the small parts.

I really like the interaction we can both have with these, we can spend one on one time together just making different designs and talking about day to day events such as school. I find this is the best time to get Lauren to talk to me about what''s happening at school etc (normally she is quite secretive and when I ask her what she has done today at school, the answer is always ?I can''t remember?).

As well as playing together, my daughter will quite happily set and make patterns and pictures herself and then keep them to one side ready for me to iron away which I like because as much as I like spending quality time with Lauren, working full time means I have to spend time at the weekends cleaning etc.

I would say these really to ignite Laurens imagination, she likes to make houses, castle, and animals from these, and I would also say they bring out her artist flare by creating nice colourful patterns.

The fact that the tub contains 3000 beads means that it seems to be lasting for ages, I would say we have played with this several times since Christmas yet there is still more than 75% of the tub left.

I would really recommend these; I have since gone on to repurchase some more sets ready for birthday and my mum has also brought some to play with when we go there visiting. These get 5 put of 5 stars from me.

Thanks for reading.

08.07.2014 21:02

Advantages

• "Non greasy "
      • "Good packaging"
      • "Easy to squeeze out"
      • "Good consistency"
      • "Pleasant scent"
      • Gentle
      • Moisturising

Disadvantages

A convenient, gentle, moisturising hand sanitizer, best on the market I think!

This is the best hand gel I have used and there have been a fair few. I am bedbound due to a chronic illness so using a handgel is one way of keeping germ free whilst maintaining my independence. Many of these hand gels have a gel like consistency (surprise, surprise) that varies from too runny to the other extreme where you have to squeeze the bottle hard and shake it for some to come out in a blob that invariably ends up being too big. This particular product comes in a bottle with a click down dispenser which is easy to use and dispenses the right amount - never too much. The best thing about it is the consistency - it is like a cream but not greasy. Two of the top five ingredients are glycerin and cotton seed extract or gossypium herbaceum seed extract which I imagine is partly what helps it be Moisturising. It says it contains 3 Moisturisers. I like the scent. To me it smells like a relaxing bubble bath. It does not smell alcoholic at all (although it obviously contains alcohol to kill bacteria). It appears to contain essential oils although ''parfum'' is higher on the list. The bottle is quite small but actually contains a fair amount of product - 50ml.I imagine that being a small bottle with quite a lot of product helps in dispensing the product. Not sure why we have to import this from Indonesia by the look of where it is made though!

• Benefit Her Glossiness / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      08.07.2014 19:40

Advantages

• Moisturises
      • "Not too sticky "
      • "No strong fruity smell"

Disadvantages

Expensive, but good product

This a good quality product, but quite a lot to spend on a lipgloss.

One of my favourite things about this product is that it does not have a strong fruity scent/flavour like a lot of lip products. It smells vaguely make-uppy and tastes of nothing.

Despite the fact that this product is not designed or sold as a moisturising lipgloss, I find that my lips actually feel pretty good and soft after I have been using it for a couple of days. This is probably due it being a product from a more expensive brand than I am used to!

The lipgloss does not last for hours and hours, but I think that is just the nature of lipgloss, even the ones that are advertised as long lasting don''t really last that long, in my experience.

The lipgloss does look really good. The first time I got it, it was a free sample with a magazine, but I actually bought one after that, which says a lot about the quality of the product as I do not normally spend that much on a lipgloss. It has a nice sheen and is available in different colours, many are fairly neutral, so I think it is a product that could suit a lot of skin tones.

Overall, I have given it 4 out of 5 as it is an excellent product, but the price is just a bit steep for a simple lip gloss in my opinion.

08.07.2014 19:39

Advantages

• "Good value"

Disadvantages

• "Do they really help?"

Good value multivitamins

As I work shifts, and often long hours, I sometimes find myself feeling a bit less than perfect without actually feeling ill. A bit more tired, a bit less energy, a bit more prone to headaches and sniffles and so on. Nothing major, just what my mum would call ''run down''. When this happens, I turn to my Tesco multivitamins with iron and for a week or two I''ll take one a day.

Its very hard to judge the effectiveness of a multi-vitamin. I do feel as though they help me to feel a bit more energised and healthy but I can''t discount the possibility that this is either a bit of a placebo effect, or the results of me noticing that I''m getting a bit run down and generally making more effort to be healthier/get more sleep/eat right and so on. There are lots of conflicting articles and opinions out there in the press and its hard to know whether vitamins are just a waste of money, but my philosophy is that as long as I don''t take the wrong amount I am unlikely to be doing any harm and may just be doing a bit of good!

The tablets are round, a dark pinkish colour, and are not so big that they''re difficult to swallow. Much smaller than a paracetamol for example. If you keep them on a bedside table/drawer then its really easy to remember to take one just before bed. The pot they come in is not particularly exciting. A plain blue label has a list of the vitamins that are contained, and tells how much of your recommended daily allowance is in each tablet (its 100% for all of them!) plus the expiry date (they last about 2 years). The lid is technically the childproof kind where you need to push the sides in before you can twist it off. It wouldn''t take a very clever child to work out how to open this though, its fairly flimsy, so if you have kids around the usual rules about medicines apply!

I''m going to keep having these multivitamins from time to time when I feel as though I can benefit. It may well be that they aren''t doing me much good, but at 60p for 30 tablets, its worth the outlay just in case!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown