21.08.2014 12:24

Advantages

• "Great film"

seat gripping film

The film

In Alabama 17 year old Sean and Clay, who both have a love of fast cars and racing. Challenge each other to a race. The winner of the race, will win Clay's girlfriend Nikki. As the race ends up in disaster and both cars crash and could have been fatal.

To avoid been sent to prison Sean moves to live with his father in Tokyo. He is soon befriended by Twinkie. Who takes him to the Tokyo driving spot. And he soon finds himself challenging the local gangster Takashi to a race, but as he has no car. He plans to take him on another time. But Han offers to lend him his car. Which he accepts.

Sean does not realise that in Tokyo it is all about the drift, and by the end of the race, he has totalled the car. Han is not too happy to say the least, and tells him not to leave town. Later Hans picks up Sean and gets him doing some jobs for him to pay him back. And also agrees to teach Sean how to drift.

Sean finds himself in trouble with DK. DK is scared of his Uncle Kamata and when the last resort for Sean is to go see him, he steps up to the mark and goes. He arranges with Kamata to have one final race with DK and the loser has to leave town. Kamata agrees, but then Neela informs Sean that the lace DK has picked to race, he is an expert at, and there is only ever him that has reached the bottom. Due to the sharp turns and the big drops. Who will win the final race and be made to leave watch to find out.

The cast

For cast list see IMDB site

I really enjoyed the acting in this film. I could not pin point just one actor or role, as I felt they all played a big part in this film. Each part was played to perfection and was a joy to watch.

My opinion

This is one film lately that I have really enjoyed watching. I was on the edge of my seat most of the time through the film, and I just could not tear my eyes away from the screen. I would really recommend this one to watch I can guarantee you wont be disappointed. I would easily watch this film again. I loved it. The acting was great. The story line was good, and the driving was on the edge of your seat stuff.

21.08.2014 12:15

Advantages

• "21 torque settings"
      • "good weight"
      • "Has potential"

Disadvantages

• "5 hours charge time for 20 minute use"
      • "no stamina at all"

Not one that will last for those longer jobs in the house

I have had many drills during my time, some good, some bad and some that I'm embarrassed to call my own. With this one fitting in the middle of that list....
      It looks like many other drills of its kind, having the bulky battery at the bottom of the handle, the trigger at the top of the handle, where it joins the top section, which makes it easier to pull with your finger. There's the reverse/forward button, which slides from one side to the other, making changing the direction of the chuck so easy. The there's the gear setting, which consists of a yellow sliding knob on the top, push forward for one gear, backward for the other. This helps in the hammer drill action.
      Almost finally, there's the chuck itself, which is right at the front and has 21 different torque settings, including the drillings option, which is marked by what resembles a drill bit. Turn the back end of the 13mm chuck and choose the settings. Turn the front of the chuck and release the grips to change your bit, turn the other way to tighten.
      Finally, there's the extra handle, which loops around the front of the drill, just behind the chuck, using a wingnut type bolt to secure it on place. This handle can be rotated around the drill giving you more handling options, making this drill easier for lefties.
      There is also a little light on the front, above the battery, that shine s on the area the athe drill bit is touching.

And that's what the drill looks like...
      It offers up to 1200rpm from the motor and the battery is an 24volt Ni-Cd one, which is a shame as a lithium neon would last longer between use.
      The battery takes 3 – 5 hours to charge and for that you get about 15 - 30 minutes of use, which will drain if you use the hammer function.

This is one of those drills that is on the shelves in discount stores really, or it should be, as it is not in the top five of the best drills. It offers the power, and gives it well, for about 30 seconds, or less, as once the battery starts losing charge, which takes about 30 seconds, the power drops dramatically, which means you end up having to recharge the battery, 3 – 5 hours between each hole drilled.
      If this came with a better quality battery then this would be up there with the best...

The price of this is £50.00

Would I buy it again..? No, I prefer to stick with the more modern battery types, Lithium neon, as they last a lot longer between meals.

• secretsales.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      21.08.2014 11:54

Advantages

• "loyalty points"
      • "good costumer services"
      • "delivers on time"
      • "good products"

Disadvantages

good products good prices I'm loving it

I order with them regularly and I never been disappointed so far so good. Products are a bargain, always good quality, well displayed and the descriptions are always accurate. Great selection of brands from high street ones to luxury labels all can be bought from the comfort of your own house so this is a huge bonus as you don't have to lose days walking up and down the high street.

Also loving the home ware products they introduced recently as I am a big fan.

Costumer service is excellent whenever I had to deal with them they were responsive and eager to help.

Delivery is always on time they do respect the time slot given in the product description.

• Mike Tyson / Discussion / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      21.08.2014 11:48

Advantages

• "Lots of stuff on criminality"
      • "Lots of stuff on the fights"
      • "Hard edge writing"

Disadvantages

• "500 words? No one can write a decent book review in that."

Tough man, tough read...

Tyson is the Black America that white America is terrified of. Republicans don’t lodge 16 million license applications a year to hunt deer! But to Black America, Tyson is a mega star; they say a black man who made it big in spite of white America, every fearsome punch one up for Black America. White America would retort and say he is a convicted rapist and a thoroughly nasty man. The scenes of him being mobbed in Brixton made that point how important this guy is to black people, the Barak Obama of the black working-class. It’s pretty clear in the book Tyson didn’t rape Desiree Washington but it’s also clear he deserved that jail time for his unrepentant delinquent youth. This is not a nice guy, a womanizing drug taking thug, as he himself puts it. He loves being America’s baddest man. He is exactly as he looks. The saddest point in the book is how that very same black community wanted to take some of that money for themselves with all manner of erroneous law suits against Iron Mike.

The early days for Tyson were in and out of school and the correctional facilities of Brownsville, Brooklyn, born to a drug abusing mother and absent father, a familiar black males story. By 10 he was robbing people and houses and the owner of a strong stutter. Helping gang members with their pigeons, he quickly moved up the pecking order, by 12 bullying and beaten up the older guys who once bullied him. But he was incredibly built for a young teen, soon taking up boxing to vent his frustrations, the 200 Lb 15-year-old winning medals in the Junior Olympics in 1981-82, mentored and trained by his great friend Cus D’Amato. Cus was so paranoid he would sew his pockets up fearing the FBI would plant drugs in his pockets!

4 years of knocking out bums as a pro saw him become the youngest heavyweight champions ever as he knocked out Trevor Berbwick for the WBC title, at one point winning 26 of his first 28 by KO or TKO. From then on in it was money, girls, drugs and fast cars as the fights generated more and more cash. He would famously lose his 37 unbeaten run to James ‘Buster’ Douglas in 1990, his tenth attempted defense. After serving 3 years for allegedly raping Desiree Washington he would retain his title and again beat the best around, but Holyfield ending that run, leading up to the infamous ear bite in the rematch, earning Tyson an 18 month ban from the ring, and so no hard cash, blowing $50 million a year at that point and heading for bankruptcy. But after defeat to Lennox Lewis in 2002 there would be 2 more defeats and retirement in 2005, a record of 50 wins and 6 defeats over twenty years of pure brutality and lots of controversy.

The book is a hefty 550 pager even in soft back and a tough uncompromising read. He owns up to all manner of things, like giving someone else’s urine to dodge drug tests and, incredibly, financing his friends crack cocaine business back in Brownsville during his early years as champion. His marriage to Robin Givens is dissected and he doesn’t pull his punches there on the women he called the gold digger he loved. She was from college stock and wanted his status and money. He clearly wanted college stock on his arm to boost his status in the white middle-class circles he was flirting with. I also enjoyed his love hate relationship with Don King, regularly punching the annoying loud mouth in the head but King fleecing Mike of so much money he was prepared to put up with it.

It’s a brutally honest book and hard to read at times, very little contrition from the author. He seems intent on scaring whitey some more now that he is retired. He has calmed down of late now that he is middle age and can’t spark out everyone who challenges him on the street anymore with one punch. Age gets us all. I suppose the most revealing thing about the book is juts how much he got away with over the years as champion, shameless women of all social classes and colors throwing themselves at the champ and perhaps no wonder his rough sex caught him out. But he lives by the sword and will probably die by the sword and clearly a man who doesn’t really care, the ultimate warrior in his prime and what women really want their men to be deep down.

21.08.2014 11:38

Advantages

• "Strong characters"
      • "Translated well"
      • "Well plotted"

Disadvantages

• "A little too gritty/graphic in places"

An intense read - uncomfortable in places, but a strong piece of fiction

OK, you're thinking, a vampire book - that can mean only one of two things a) a smouldering romance that barely spares the blushes or b) vampires must be destroyed at all costs and are essentially zombies/demons with fangs. This book, refreshingly, provides neither.

Oskar is the kid whose life is made hell by bullies. Eli, the new girl next door, seems like his only chance to make a real friend. But in the cold Stockholm of the 1980s, all is not as it seems. Eli is different, very different, and people are starting to die.

John Ajvide Lindqvist's depictions of vampirism are fascinating - not least when in conjuction with Eli's repugnant caretaker, the paedophile Hakan. It is Eli however who manipulates this hugely uncomfortable relationship, she could kill him easily, and he knows it.

Lindqvist never shies away from social problems, making for a gritty read that does become too gritty and too graphic at points - not for the faint of heart, this is true horror, not for those who think vampires sparkle and are tortured, beautiful young men. There are also references to child abuse via Hakan that are more than a little uncomfortable.

The plot and characters are strong and compelling, the translation (in my version at least,) is so well done that it's barely noticeable that this was not originally written in English - the words flow and allow the story to do the same.

The new friendship between Oskar and Eli is vital to the whole tone of the book - young love, in these circumstances, is paradoxically innocent. This is a book of paradoxes - bullying is wrong, yet bullies should be met with violence, Stockholm is gritty yet covered with pure snow (sometimes made less pure by events of the plot,) Eli is stronger than anyone else, yet must rely on others to survive.

It's a book that is very compelling, enjoyable even, though - as I mentioned - it can also be pretty uncomfortable. The way the different strands of plot meld together is masterful, the characters are well-defined, and the atmosphere poignant. An incredible, intense, read.

21.08.2014 11:22

Advantages

• cheap
      • "reusable "

Disadvantages

• none

Great multi use dish cloths

We buy lots of cleaning products for the home, most of which are branded products simply due to the quality of them, and that we have used them for a long time, but the Value range dish cloths are brilliant for use in and around the house.

We have bought the Tesco value range dish cloths a few times now, and they are just as good as any other. I like the fact that they are a multi-use cloth, although the title suggest that these cloths are for dishes, we use them for every day household chores such as surface wiping, we use them for cleaning the window ledges and even cleaning out the cooker. The first time we bought the product, i confess, we was a little cautious, simply because we have had issues with other supermarkets value range. A lot of the other value range products in other supermarkets tend to lack in quality, especially cleaning products, so we only bought one packet of them. We quickly got to using them all the time though.

The cloths are very durable, unlike some dish cloths that tend to fray and fall apart after a while. These are brilliant for the dishes, but they do tend to stain very easily, especially with food items like curry.

We reuse these cloths all the time. We just throw them in with our clothes in the wash, and then use them again, which makes it even cheaper. My favorite aspect of them though is the price. A lot of the other dish cloths can cost quite a lot, for example, we saw some just last week that were £3.50 for four cloths, which I thought was very expensive. It did say on the package that they had aloe vera in them, but who wants a dish cloth with aloe vera anyway! These dish cloths cost only £0.75 for 5, so they are less than 20p each, which is very cheap, especially considering they are reusable.

I recommend that everyone tries out these wipes, due to their price and the quality of these, they are very long lasting, machine washable and a pleasure to use!

21.08.2014 11:19

Advantages

• "It stops my Kindle getting scratched or dusty"
      • "It looks nice"

Disadvantages

• "There is no wrist strap "

A very good Kindle case

WHAT IS IT?

A case for a Kindle Paperwhite that has got a zebra print. It is not leather but it looks like it.

THE DESIGN

It is designed to look like a book and you slide the Kindle into it. You open and close it like a book because the front cover flips open and you close it when you are not using your Kindle like the cover of a book.

The case is very bright and I like the way the black and white stands out. The inside feels like soft velvet and it is black so looks very smart next to the zebra stripes pattern. There is a pocket inside the front cover and that has got zebra stripes, it is a very thin pocket and I keep my list of books that I would like to read in there and my library card also.

WHAT I THINK

I like my Kindle Paperwhite and want to protect it so I am very happy with this case because when I close the cover my Kindle is enclosed and I know it would not be damaged. It is not a strong case so if I dropped my Kindle or put something heavy on top I think it would still break but I am very careful so that would not happen to me.

I carry my Kindle in my bag alot and that was a reason why I had to get a case and I had bought this already before my Kindle was delivered to me. I like the way it closes because it is magnetic like other cases I have for but it has a clasp that you flip over instead of the case closing invisibly with the magnets inside the case, the clasp is nice I think and makes the case look more professional. My Kindle has not got any signs of damage and I put it into the case as soon as it came to my home from Amazon.

I am happy that the case has got a shape that lets me be able to reach all the buttons on the Kindle and the cut out for the screen is the right size also so I can see all of the screen and access all of the functions. There is no wrist strap and that makes it look different to the cases I am used to with my old Kindle because all of them had a strap and this one looks bare without it.

ANYTHING ELSE

This case for the Kindle Paperwhite costs £14 and I think that is value because it looks very good and it is keeping my Kindle safe.

5 Dooyoo Stars.

21.08.2014 11:04

Advantages

• "do the job"
      • "great wipes"

Disadvantages

• none

great everyday baby wipes

The Tesco value baby wipes are an excellent addition to an ever growing brand for people on a tight budget. I strongly believe that value products such as this one help lots of people to get by, and I think it is a very well thought out idea!

The Tesco baby wipes are no different to any other of the baby wipes on offer in most supermarkets, which are considerably more expensive. Whilst browsing in the store i saw these wipes next to the Huggies wipes. I actually could not believe the difference in the price. One packet of Huggies, for 48 wipes was close to two pounds. Now i know that most baby products are very expensive, that's how most of the baby companies make their money, but two pound for a packet of wipes that every family with a baby should have is very expensive! These wipes cost less than fifty pence per packet, and that is for seventy two wipes, that is a considerable difference in price in anyone's book! For the price of one packet of 48 high brand wipes, you can get four packets of Tesco wipes, which is 288 wipes, (72 per pack) and get change too!

Some people do not like to buy cheap products, simply because they think that they lack in quality compared to big brand names. in some cases yes i would agree with them, but these wipes are exactly the same as any other. The main differences are the price and the packet!

I would recommend these wipes to anyone with a baby or small child, you will save a packet if you use these instead of the more expensive ones!

• Tesco Value Facial Wipes / Skin Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      21.08.2014 10:50

Advantages

• "does the job"
      • fragranced

Disadvantages

• none

An excellent value range product

The Tesco value range has some excellent products, and some not so much, but they are always really great on the price! I think the Tesco value range is brilliant for anyone who is on a low budget, and helps thousands of people to get by!

We came across the Tesco value range facial wipes whilst browsing through the the store one day, and thought we would give them a go. The main thing that attracted us to the facial wipes was the price. All of the other branded wipes around them was ranging anywhere from a pound up to £5! Some of the big brand wipes were very expensive, which are no better than these wipes really.

We bought these wipes for everyday use really, we always tend to keep a couple of packs in the bathroom for our hands and our faces, and i think they are a great addition to the daily routine. They feel great on a hot day to wipe down your face with and are very good for feet too!

These wipes, in my opinion, are as good as any, they do they same job and considering the price at only 45p, they do not at all lack the quality of the other brands of wipes. The pack contains 25 wipes, which is slightly less than most, but these still work out much cheaper.

I would recommend these wipes to anyone who is currently using more expensive brands of wipes, as they really are no different to any others, they work just as well, they are just cheaper and in a plain package!

21.08.2014 10:15

Advantages

• "great smelling"

Disadvantages

• none

Get rid of the foot smell once and for all!

My partner used to constantly complain about my smelly feet, as well as my mother hen i was living at home! For some reason, some people have smelly feet whilst other people don't, but unfortunately I am on the wrong side of the scale.

I was online looking for a foot odor spray when i came across the odor eaters range. It is a popular company that has been around for some time and has a wide range of products, everything from insoles to sprays, but i decided to start with, I would try their spray to see if it would work. I was quite impressed that this spray can be used for both your shoes and your feet!

It arrived in the post a few days after i had ordered in online. I paid only £4 for a 150ml bottle including delivery for the spray, which i thought was reasonable. I used it straight away for my shoes, i sprayed both with a long burst, and bravely took a little sniff of each. They actually smelt quite fresh which i was quite happy with!

I was very impressed that after just one use of the product, that it worked. Every day before i put on my socks i give my feet a spray with this product, and they leave my feet feeling cool and smelling very fresh! The spray does its job very well in stopping bad foot odor and I am very happy i tried it.

The product has antibacterial properties too which is very reassuring, and for this reason can get to the very source of the problem. I believe that this is an essential products, especially on hot days when the risk of the foot smell is at its worst!

For anyone who has the dreaded foot smell, this will work for both shoes and feet. It is a brilliant inexpensive way to ensure you never get moaned at again!

21.08.2014 09:53

Advantages

• "big load capacity"

Disadvantages

• "energy rating C"

Big load dryer that dries in no time

This is, in my opinion, one of the best condenser dryers around right now, and does its job perfectly. The dryer is of an average size, perfect for under the work top like we have it, but we have included dimensions below in case you need to measure it up.

Dimensions(mm):H: 850 x W: 595mm x D: 584mm

We bought our dryer little over six months ago now, simply because it was becoming too hard to dry our clothes properly in the winter months. We came across this one in Currys, where we were looking for one, but we had very little knowledge of dryers as we had never owned one before. The helpful gent in the store showed us around and eventually came across the Hotpoint machine which he explained to us. I was initially attracted to it for its graphite color which was the same as our dishwasher. We ended up settling for this one, which we paid a rather hefty £350 for, but its become more than worth the money that we paid.

The machine is free standing and has a 7kg load capacity among many other great features that it has. The best feature, and the reason we bought it, is because of its delay timer. Both me and my partner work nights, so it is very helpful for us to have a timer to set it for when we are due to finish work. The time it takes to dry your clothes is dependent on the size of the load, but average, for two of us, it takes around 50 minutes which i think is quite good. You can choose to set the dryer to hot or cool, which is a great setting!

My main concern for the dryer is that it has an energy rating of C, which means it is not that cost effective. Dryers are expensive to run anyway, but with this energy rating it is slightly more expensive which is a little worrying, but at the same time it does the job so it is worth it. The machine also has an easy iron and crease free setting which also comes in very useful, especially for those with children or a big family and have big loads of washing to do!

All in all i think this is a brilliant dryer, it looks good and has a big load capacity so can dry a full load of washing. Although the dryer is expensive, its features more than compensate for the price!

• Tesco Value Cola / Soft Drink / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      21.08.2014 09:17

Advantages

• cheap

Disadvantages

• "way to acidic"
      • "horrible taste"

unpleasant taste, but cheap. not recommended

Tesco have had a home brand item for some time now, which i think is a brilliant idea for those people that are short for cash, as it helps out a great deal with the weekly food shop. Some of the items that are on the range are very nice and do not seem cheap at all, others however are not so good. This item being one of them.

Tesco home brand cola is very cheap, a lot cheaper than other brands of cola, and for good reason. We was in the Tesco store browsing for party items and came across this item. We decided to buy five bottles because they was for a child's party. It only cost 17p per bottle which i thought was very cheap, it is a wonder how they make money selling it for that price really!

At the party i thought i would try a glass, and it was horrible! The cola had hardly any taste to it at all, but i found it to be very very fizzy which sometimes isnt bad when there is a flavor to it, but there wasn't. After ten minutes are so i started to get heartburn due to the acidity of the cola, which i threw out after i tried some, and used a bottle of coca cola instead.

This item would be good for those who are looking to buy cheaply, but i would not at all recommend this product to anyone. Perhaps if the company improved the flavor of the product, even if it meant adding a few more pence to the price, it would be much better. It has no sugar in it and is very low on calories, but it could be this that is affecting the taste of the product, after all, we buy this kind of item for flavor!

21.08.2014 09:14

Advantages

• "Compelling storyline"
      • "Believable characterisation"
      • "Well written"

Disadvantages

• "You won't want to stop reading"

I couldn't put this book down.

I recently read a review on dooyoo about a Harlan Coben book. I can’t remember which one now but I do remember thinking that Coben sounds the kind of writer I like. So, when I spotted at the local library I took it out. Judging by this book, I’m likely to become a Coben fan!

I would describe this novel as a psychological thriller. It’s well written and from almost the first page I was hooked. I just had to read on. In fact it’s one of those books where I really have a struggle with myself to stop skipping to the back pages to find out the final outcome.

~~~ The plot (without giving anything away) ~~~
      Ray Levine is a once highly respected photographer fallen on hard times.
      At first glance Megan Pierce appears to be a perfectly normal American mother with two children but she clearly has a less than normal past which has hidden from her husband.

Detective Broome can’t shake off his failure to get to the bottom of a case that happened 17 years ago. In fact all three are linked by what happened on one 18 February. That event is about to come back and haunt them.

Only Megan’s mother-in-law, Agnes, has any idea that Megan has a past which is very different from the one her husband has been told about. As Agnes once said ‘We all got secrets’. Even though Agnes has Alzheimer’s, she gives Megan some advice that sets Megan off on a dangerous road –to right the wrongs of 17 years ago.

~~~ What I thought ~~~
      You will have gathered that I enjoyed this book. It’s an intense thriller that held my attention throughout. Some of the reviews I’ve read of Stay Close suggest that it is not Coben’s best work in which case I can’t wait to read more. He paints great characters in whom you can believe even if some of them aren’t very nice.

Coben has a great turn of phrase too which made me smile even in some of the more gruesome parts of the story. For example, Harry is Megan’s attorney whose eyes “had enough bags under them to take a three-week cruise”. Set in Atlantic City, Harry’s clients tend to be those who down on their luck. In fact “they wouldn’t know a break unless it involved a bone”.

The odd moment of comic relief is welcome in what is otherwise a taut and sometime horrifically violent thriller. If there is any message in the book, it’s that you can’t run away from your past.

If you enjoy James Patterson and David Baldacci, odds are that you’ll enjoy Coben too. 5 out of 5 from me.

~~~
      Available from Amazon: Paperback £7.03, Hardback £14.59, Kindle £3.95 or Audio download £15.20.

21.08.2014 09:07

Advantages

• Classic
      • cheap
      • "distinctive taste"

Disadvantages

• none

classic drink from the original company

Ben Shaw drinks have been around for over 140 years, and is one of the U.Ks oldest providers of soft drinks. It was Ben Shaw who brought the distinctive taste of Dandelion and Burdock to the U.K, among other big brand names we can see on the shelves today.

The company was founded in 1871 by Ben Shaw- five years before Coca Cola and Dr.Pepper, and had already established four flavors before the giants of Pepsi came around in 1898 which were Dandelion and Burdock, Cloudy Lemonade, Cream Soda and Bitter Shandy. It is a very old company that used to deliver their delicious beverages by horse and cart. It was actually Ben Shaw himself who used the families shire horses to deliver the drinks, which were called Bonny, Blossom, Cherry and Dick, which I think is a brilliant fact!

Cloudy lemonade was among the earliest drinks produced by Ben Shaw, and to this day is still enjoyed by many people around the world. The cloudy lemonade drink is my personnel favorite, with its distinctive flavor. Cloudy lemonade is made with real lemons which gives it its bitterness, but unlike some of the other versions of the drink is not too bitter that it gives you the scrunched face look! It is a very nice drink especially served ice cold. I love all of the drinks by Ben Shaw, and i am very interested in the history of this company, that started out very small and has become a big name in the drinks industry today. The drink is available in 330ml cans, 500ml bottles and two liter bottles too.

The drink is inexpensive if bought from the right places. The average price for each size bottle is shown below:

330ml can: £0.75
      500ml bottle: £1.00
      2 liter bottle: £1.80

Although the price of the drinks does change from shop to shop, i find this is a good guide price. I love this drink along with the other flavors provided by the company and think many who haven't tried it should give it a go, it is a refreshing different taste that has been around a very long time!

21.08.2014 08:58

Advantages

• "Fleshed out characters and plot "
      • "Well written and researched "
      • "Intresting premise "

Disadvantages

Young adult book that can be enjoyed by all

I got suckered into the Timeriders books by a recommendation from a friend. They didn’t sound like my sort of books at all from the description but he insisted I try them and within a few chapters I was hooked and lucky for me I was late to the party so there were already several books in the series that had already been released so I could devour them all without having to wait too long for the next one.

The story follows the basic premise that three teenagers from different eras of time all being rescued just moments from their death by a mysterious man. There is Liam O’Connor who should have died aboard the Titanic in 1912, Maddy Carter who should have died on a plane in 2010 and Sal Vikram who should have died in a fire in 2029.

The three teenagers are recruited to a secret agency that is dedicated to saving and preserving history because time travel is real and there are people who would change the course of history wiping out everyone that ever lived if there is no one there to stop them.

It all sounds a bit corny and they are aimed at the young adult market but they are so well written that within a few chapters of reading this I was hooked and fascinated by the premise of a group protecting the rest of the world from the dangers of time travel.

Although they are young adult it doesn’t matter in the slightest as the characters are so well written that you soon forget that they are teenagers. There is also a lot of darkness to the books especially in the later ones in the series. The group are sent to New York as a base on the eve of the Worl Trade Centre disaster so every day they have to experience the disaster over again. There is a lot of thought about death in the book and it does actually get you thinking especially about the (ok not something I think we have to actually worry about) the dangers that time travel could pose.

The first book doesn’t take long with the set up and it isn’t long before the group have to stop the world changing as someone has went back to Nazi Germany and has changed the future to something that is unrecognisable and they need to go back and fix it before the change can become permanent.

One of the things that I liked best about the book and the others in the series is the fact that each one spends time in a different period of history so it is fascinating to read about them all. The main thing about it that I liked though was it was just a really well written and enjoyable book for both adults and children alike and can be enjoyed by both.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown