• Nescafe Cappuccino / Coffee / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 16:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

Oh dear, what can the matter be?

I think Nescafe are one of the best brands for instant coffee, on seeing they branched out into instant cappuccino I suppose I already had high expectations before even trying the product however I felt really disappointed by this attempt of theirs.

To be fair, I'll focus on the positives because there are some: for instance, the froth that is created when you add the water to the instant powder is very good and foams well and sits for mostly the duration of the drink.
      It is to be noted not to fill all your mug with hot water but 2/3 thirds of the way and when you add the sprinkles, which comes with the box, the sprinkles do not sink the froth but sits nicely on top.

However, the negative is this is very watery. The strength can also become bitter if you don't drink this within minutes, leave too long to cool down and it tastes wooden.
      There was no sense of an espresso taste, no body of flavour on the tongue, and the froth made hold well but it goes very cold quite quick and sinks eventually making the coffee taste as though it has been a black coffee with a cold splash of milk.
      Another negative is that if you don't stir this as the water is being added the powder clumps very easy, and it doesn't even dissolve over time.
      For a company whose previous coffee are powder and works well this was a surprise that this couldn't dissolve well at all.
      It really is not worth the investment buying into this brand of instant cappuccino as there are better and stronger brands out there.

• Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) / Playstation 4 Game / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 16:14

Advantages

• "Fantastic Graphics"

Disadvantages

• Pricey

Awesome graphics! Worth the upgrade from PS3

I bought this console on the January sale after waiting over a year for the price to come down considerably. When I bought the console it was around £300. I have to say that I am not disappointed and it is fully worth every single penny of tgst £300. What a machine! The graphics are simply astounding and you can clearly see the step up in graphics from playing the PS3 and tge PS4.

I am a massive gaming fan and I have all the consoles. But this is by far my favourite console. The PS4? looks fantastic. I love it's sleek, black design and it looks great on my shelf next to my tv. It takes a lot less time to load than the PS3 and it is a lot quieter aswell.

The new menu is easy to use when you get used to it but at first can be tricky if your so used to the previous one. However when you get used to it you can clearly see that it is an improvement on the previous one.

If you are considering buying a blu Ray player then why not get a PS4. I have watched tons of movies on my PS4 and it functions really well as a blu Ray player. I have never had discs jamming or scratching.

The annoying thing is that if you want to play 2 player games with your mates you have to buy another controller as it only comes with one and they are expensive.

• Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips / Lip Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 16:08

Advantages

• "Feels nice at first"
      • "Nice rosy tint"

Disadvantages

• "Short term soothing"

Nice rosy tint, not so nice at soothing.

The little tins of Vaseline lip balm seem to be something that every girl on the planet has at least one of. Whether it be the original (blue tin), Aloe Vera (green tin), Rosy Lips (pink tin) or the less common Sun Protection (yellow tin) or Cocoa Butter (brown tin).

These little tins are very easy to get your hands on as they're stocked in every cosmetics/pharmaceutical shop, supermarket and quite often discount stores. They're also sold in other shops (like BHS or M&S) around christmas time in the form of little gift sets/gift tins, which can be an ideal gift for females of all ages! The prices are usually no more than a couple of pound per tin too, so very affordable.
      In terms of packaging, the tins can be quite difficult to open. You 'simply' have to lift of the top half of the tin, but there are no tabs or indents to make this slightly easier, so at times it can feel like the top just spins around without moving millimetre (especially when your hands are cold in the winter!).

Now, about this specific tin. Rosy Lips.
      I have always been a fan of this edition because of it's rosy colour. The product is much like the original Vaseline tin but with the addition of a lip tint, which makes lips look only a tiny bit more pink, but it's a beautiful subtle look.
      As for doing what it's supposed to, I don't think that this, or other vaseline tins, are as good at soothing dry or chapped lips as other products. If you apply it before they become dry or chapped it can definitely help in them becoming so, but it doesn't improve them much if they are. It does feel a little soothing when you apply it, but I find myself applying it over and over again every 20 minutes or so for it to have any effect.

These products tend to be my back up product. There's always one in my handbag just in case my preferred product runs out, and you can probably find them in several other places throughout my home, but it will only ever be that, a back up. I prefer a longer lasting balm that really softens and soothes lips, such as a Nivea balm, Carmex or Blistex.

Overall an OK product, nice tint and feel, but not great for soothing.

• Canon Ixus 70 / Archive Electronic / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 15:59

Advantages

• "Easy to use"
      • Reliable

Disadvantages

Great looking, reliable camera! Has lasted me years

I wanted a camera to go travelling with and I did a lot of looking around before I purchased one. This involved a lot of trawling the internet for reviews andcsdvicecand a lot of trips to Jessops and conversations with helpful techs people. I wanted a camera that was small, compact and comfortable to hold yet had a good zoom and high resolution. I also wanted a reliable brand. It was suggested by those in the know that a cannon Ixus was the camera for me. They were right. This camera has been all over the world with me and has captured thousands of experiences and memories that will be with me for the rest of my life. It never run out battery on me or jammed. I can honestly say that I have never had any problems with this camera. The battery lasts ages and it charges quickly overnight.

It has a great battery and a large memory so you don't have to worry when you take day trips that the camera is going to run out of battery or run out if space for photos. It has a really nice display screen and it is really easy to use. You can easily shuffle between functions and it has an array of different functions to help you take the perfect snaps such as auto flash, landscape etc. It has a clear, well laid out and easy to follow set of instructions which comes with it which makes life a lot easier.

• TomTom Go 940 Live / GPS Sat Nav / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 15:45

Advantages

• "Easy to set up"

Disadvantages

• "Freezes at very inconvenient moments "
      • "Takes ages to load "
      • Overpriced

Overpriced! Better, cheaper alternatives out there.

This product was not Cheap when I bought it several years ago. I think it cost me a few hundred pounds and was one if the most expensive you could buy. However me and my wife like to explore the British Isles and we wanted a reliable sat nav to get us around. I can't tell you the arguments we had trying to navigate from a map during weekend breaks or summer holidays. We wanted a sat nav to take away this tension in the car when travelling, stop potential arguments and stop the drama arose from navigating a map.

As a man buying a sat nav was toe like accepting defeat! I prided myself on my manly sense of direction and ability to navigate the roads. However it was my marriage on the line.

The sat nav came with a clear instruction manual that was wasy to read and follow and set up took no time at all. It takes a little while to charge and has a lead that plugs into your cigarette lighter to charge it whilst the car engine is running.

The most important feature of a sat nav is not what you would expect. It's not the screen, the battery, the charger etc its the sticky thing that sticks it to the window. This is the essential bit. Luckily this sat nav has a great sticker and fixed firmly to the window.

It has a Nice 5 inch screen, is easy to view and the touch screen us responsive and relatively easy to use. If love yo tell you that it's never taken me the wrong way but it has on several occasions. It's also jammed up on several occasions and is very flow to load routes. The volume is not great and the speakers aren't very clear.

This is overpriced and there are better, cheaper alternatives out there.

• Maxi-Cosi Cabrio / Child Car Seat / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      25.01.2015 15:22

Advantages

• "Comfortable gor baby"
      • Sturdy
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• Pricey

The best item O bought for my baby! Makes life so much easier! Well built!

This car seat is by far the best thing we bought for our baby. When choosing a carvseat I wanted a carvseat that was sturdy, well built, looked comfortable and was made by a reputable brand. That is why we chose the maxi-cosi.

The seat was around £150 so it wasn't cheap but it definately looked comfortable and was a nice looking seat and seemed very well built. We also bought it because it fitted to an isofix car base. My experience of using this seat is with a familyfux car base and thus I haven't had to strap it in using seat belts.

The seat is really comfortable gir the baby and he sleeps for hours in it in the car. It clips quickly into the family fix car base in seconds and it is released from the base in seconds. It has as adjustable handle and a hood which covers the babies head to keep him dry or protect him from the wind when transporting the baby.

I loved using the seat to transport the baby around. I would simply strap the baby to the seat and click it onto the car base. Then if going to a midwife appointment or around thevsupermarket I would just u click the seat and carry it to the appointment or put the seat in the trolley and shop etc. the baby was happy to spend hours in the seat and I carried him everywhere in it. When put b the floor you can even rock the car seat to help settle the baby.

I can't recommend this product enough.

25.01.2015 13:59

Advantages

• Reliable
      • Durable

Disadvantages

• "A little out dated now"

Like an old pair of boots, comfortable and sturdy but a little outdated

I'm a site engineer and over the past few years I've owned six of these and I can barley say a bad word about them. Its a great drill and the only reason I'm no longer using them is I've recently chopped them in for a younger slimmer model.

These drills work great all day every day, from the moment you take them out the boxes to the moment you put them back again. I've used these in a harsh commercial environment every day for the past 3 or 4 years.

I've used them in all weathers, from snow blizzards to epic downfalls of rain and in some of the harshest dustiest building sites, and they never fail to perform.
      Charging of each battery only takes an hour and with a couple of batteries charged up your good to go all day. Although choosing a higher priced model would give you a better battery with a longer life.

The drills themselves are well built and can take a fair bit of abuse, I've dropped these from ladders on to concrete, thrown them about, slid them across the floor and generally just abused them. Ok they may have a few cosmetic marks but are still perfectly usable drills with no broken casings or poor working chucks.

The only thing that lets these drills down is that they've now been outdated, newer models with better technology and better batteries have since come along and these are not always first pick, but are great for a backup or for the DIY user that wants a better quality product.

• Skullcandy INK'D / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      25.01.2015 13:53

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great budget headphones

These are definitely some of the best headphones in this price range, but don't expect to be getting the sound quality of a £50+ pair.

Design: The looks here are nothing special, although that is definitely a plus. They clearly put all the money they had into making a great sounding pair of headphones, not great looking ones. The aesthetics do their job nicely, and they definitely aren't ugly. They have white in ear sections, black plastic bodies with the skull candy logo on the outside. They definitely look fine, but won't be winning any awards.

Sound quality: These headphones really shine in this department. They give sound quality equivalent with some much more expensive headphones and easily beat the ones that come with most phones. I would say they are about on par with apple earpods. You will find that these don't have any L/R things to tell you which ear to put them in. It isn't a massive grip but something that shouldn't really a problem. I found that the stock tips that come with these (you only get one pair) gave a good seal and they stayed my ears as long as I wasn't running or moving about a lot. I have however heard that many people struggle with these and need a custom pair of the tips. They are good at isolating noise and give a good range of sounds, with shockingly good bass for a pair of this price.

If you are on a budget and need a pair of cheap and easy headphones with good sound quality, these are definitely the ones to get.

25.01.2015 13:37

Advantages

• "Long life"
      • "Good grip in the wet"

Disadvantages

• "Not as cheap as alternatives"
      • "Not as good as others in dry conditions"

Excellent in the wet, good in the dry, but others are available for less

The first time i tried these tyres i'd inherited them on an alfa romeo that id bought, previously being a Yokohama fan I intended to wear them out an replace with Yoko's

After a few thousand mile of driving my little Alfa Romeo my opinion of the Avons changed. There performance in the wet is excellent, leaving you with excellent feel and responsiveness right up to the point of loosing traction. I found when pushing the Italian hot hatch hard in wet conditions that i had the confidence in the tyre, enabling me to continue to drive at a consistent level.

In the dry its pretty much the same story, they grip well with lots of response and feel,holding the tarmac brilliantly through both tight slow speed corners and high speed sweeping bends, but really this is to be expected of any premium brand tyre. I wouldn't say it out performs any of its competitors in the dry, but it certainly holds its own.

Durability wise they lasted fairly well, i managed to get around five thousand miles from the pair on the front. The front wheel drive hot hatch they were fitted to did see its fair share of spirited driving along with some daily driving. Although I have seen more miles out of other competitors tyres.

The only thing that really lets this tyre down for me is the price, its not overly expensive its just in my opinion other tyres perform better all round for less money

25.01.2015 13:24

Advantages

• "Automatically restarts if it is accidentally opened while it is running"
      • "Effective cleaning"
      • "Auto-sensing programme"
      • "Lots of programs to choose from"
      • "Not greedy with salt or rinse aid"
      • "Lots of space"
      • "Very quiet when running"

Disadvantages

• "Challenging to install"
      • "Some cycles take a long time to finish"
      • "Very annoying alarm to say it is finished"

Very good and effective dishwasher, but annoying beeping at the end of the cycle

We selected this dishwasher due to it having a large size (13 place settings), an A++ energy rating and a low water consumption (10 litres per cycle). It also said that it would run very quietly compared to other dishwashers at 44 dB.

We installed it ourselves which wasn't the easiest task and took us about 3 hours (my husband and I are both Engineers so we thought this was a long time!). The most difficult tasks were getting it level and fitting our cupboard door front to the outside. Connecting it to the incoming water pipe and the waste outlet was straightforward.

After it was installed we had no problems running it. I do not have a way of measuring the energy efficiency or water use, but we do find that it runs very quietly. It will also comfortably fit all our items from the day in one go, meaning we only have to run it once per day. If we have family over the large capacity is very useful. It is possible to fold down some of the racks to create more room and you can also easily move the cutlery basket to different positions. Sometimes I have used it for large items such as oven shelves, and it washes these really well.

We normally use Fairy dish-washing capsules and following the instructions, we adjusted the rinse aid levels to counter this. There is a special setting on the dishwasher for when you are using capsules so that it adjusts the levels of salt that it uses. Through this we have found that it will clean effectively and we only have to replace salt and rinse aid after 6+ months.

My favourite programme to use is the auto-sensing, especially for very dirty items. The dishwasher stops when it senses the water is running clean. The cycle time changes depending on how much cleaning is needed. The Quick and Clean cycle is also useful, but it is quite long at just over an hour. There is a Rapid cycle of 30 minutes but when we have used this we have found that the items have not dried very well. There are 8 programs in total but we only tend to use the Auto-Sensing and Quick and Clean.

The dishwasher does clean the items well most of the time. On some things, like glasses, it can leave a residue after rinsing that dries on hard, and I have to wash this off manually. I found that after increasing the rinse aid amount this problem reduced significantly. It usually gets saucepans clean, but struggles with really dried on food. A second run of the item in another cycle usually does the trick.

Overall we are very happy with the dishwasher, except for one thing. It announces the end of a cycle with a loud and persistent beeping, which goes on for several minutes. It often interrupts us while we are watching TV and we have to go and switch it off.

25.01.2015 13:10

Advantages

• "It fits and has got holes in the right places"
      • "It protects my daughters iPad"
      • "It looks good"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages"

Marvel superhero iPad case

WHAT IS IT?

This is a case for an iPad. The one we have got is for the iPad 2 and it is my daughters but I have looked and you can buy the same case for all the different iPads so even if you have got one of the newer ones you will still be able to buy this case if you like it.

WHY DID I BUY IT?

I bought this case because my daughter had got a plain black case for her iPad but when I saw this online I bought it for her because I thought it looked better and she likes the superheroes so I knew that she would like to use this instead.

WHAT I THINK

I am very happy with this case because it looks good and it gives protection to her ipad also. There are holes cut out of it so that you can charge your iPad without taking it out of the case and the camera works while it is in the case also. I am happy about that because my daughters case had the holes cut in all the wrong places so that she had to keep removing her ipad when she wanted to do some things.

The case closes with a magnet and it has got a strap so that my daughter can carry it with the strap on her wrist and that is a little bit more protection in case she lost her grip on it, the wrist strap might make it stop dropping to the floor.

It gives good protection because the case is quite thick and the inside is covered with material that is soft so that is protecting for the screen.

My daughter thinks that the design is very good because of all the superheroes that are all over the case and I am happy about that because if children like how something looks it makes them be more careful I think.

ANYTHING ELSE

This case costs about £17 and I think that is value because it would cost alot more than that to repair her iPad if she dropped it without a case on and broke the screen or cracked the back of it.

5 Dooyoo Hearts.

• Marley Positive Vibration / Headphones / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 13:07

Advantages

• "Durable "
      • "Very well made"
      • "great price"
      • "Excellent sound quality"

Disadvantages

• "Bass could be better"

Excellent quality headphones for reasonable money

I bought these headphones about six months ago, and have enjoyed them everyday since.
      The sound quality is far better than similarly priced headphones,i spent at short while in the store trying various different headphones from all different price ranges and these impressed me as much as other more expensive alternatives. The base is quite clean and even sounding with little distortion even with the volume turned up high. The treble remains crisp and consistent through all ranges and they pick up some excellent detail if listening to good quality tracks enabling you to hear everything.
      Even the build quality of the product itself is better than its competitors, the materials used have a real feel of quality, aluminium and canvas rather than the over use of cheap shiny plastic that other manufacturers are using.
      I also like the fact that the manufacture has tried to use recycled or eco friendly materials for both the headphones and the packaging, not important to some but was a nice touch for me.
      The headphones themselves sit nicely on your head, and the cans sit nicely against your ears, i find these headphones to be comfortable for at 3 or 4 hours, they can become a little uncomfortable if worn for a full day or night, but no more so than if you were to put anything else on for this amount of time.
      At only £30 these where a bargain, six months on i'm still very happy, I would and have recommended to friends and would definitely buy another pair

25.01.2015 12:52

Advantages

• "Drink comes out at a good temperature to drink"
      • "Has the Milka taste"
      • Delicious
      • "Quick hot chocolate"
      • "Capsules are convenient"

Disadvantages

• "Not many portions per packet"
      • Expensive

Lovely hot chocolate, but expensive for only 8 servings

This is a lovely drink and a great treat. It definitely features the Milka taste and it's very enjoyable to drink. It is a more 'milky' hot chocolate than others. The Tassimo machine will deliver the drink at a good temperature that is pleasant to consume and won't burn your mouth. Using the capsules means that there is no mess, and it is a much quicker way of making hot chocolate than having to make it on the hob or microwave, or wait for the kettle to boil. As the machine delivers the drink in 2 parts (one use of a milk capsule, and one use of a chocolate capsule) I would recommend that you should stir the drink with a spoon before drinking it to get the best flavour.

The disadvantage is mainly the price. It is £3.99 per packet from the Tassimo website, and only contains 8 servings, so that's 50p per drink. In the supermarket you can buy Sweet Freedom Choc Shot which you add to hot milk and which results in a very similar flavour. This costs £3.50 per bottle (source: Morrisons and Tesco online grocery stores) and you will get approximately 20 servings from it. It is also a more versatile product as it has several other uses and serving suggestions. It seems that with the Milka Tassimo capsules you are paying for the Milka brand as much as the product itself.

If you like the taste enough to justify the high price then I would recommend it as a pleasant drink. However, for me personally there is another avenue of getting the same flavour through buying Choc Shot, so I would prefer to spend my money on other Tassimo capsules.

I would give the product itself 4 out of 5, but with the price I have to reduce this to 3 out of 5.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.01.2015 12:44

Advantages

• "Good quality build "

Disadvantages

• "Case Branding"
      • "Finance options"

An easy recommendation.

The build is a great quality and I have no issues with their pricing, either. My only real issue is having their branding plastered all over the case itself.

25.01.2015 12:37

Advantages

• "It feels nice to use"
      • "It makes my lips soft and smooth"

Disadvantages

• "It is runny"

Rodial Stemcell super food glam lip balm

WHAT IS IT?

This is lip balm that is made by a company called Rodial.

HOW DO YOU USE IT?

You apply it straight from the tube to your clean lips. I like to use a lip scrub first so that my lips are smooth and they can take all of the goodness that is offered by the lip balm.

WHAT I THINK

I like this lip balm very much. It has got a very nice smell of roses but does not taste like I have put something that smells or tastes like flowers on my lips.

It is very moisturising and makes my lips look healthy and shiny, it does not shine like lip gloss but I think the shine I get when I use this lip balm is alot more natural than that.

It makes my lips very soft and I am happy about that because at this time of the year my lips go dry and even though I look after them they do not look as healthy as when the weather is warmer. I think this lip balm is soothing and makes me feel better when I use it becuase I know that it is doing good work for the skin on my lips.

The lip balm is very runny and that is a shock because it is expensive and I thought it would be a thicker product. You have to be careful that the balm does not drip out because that would be a waste and this is too expensive to waste.

ANYTHING ELSE

A tube of this lip balm that is made by Rodial costs £17 and that is alot of money for a lip balm but it is very effective so I do not care so much about the price.

5 Dooyoo Hearts.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown