More +
      31.07.2014 07:59

Advantages

• "Great story"
      • "Another great marvel film"

Disadvantages

• "none at all!"

Another Brilliant Marvel creation!

I have always enjoyed the works of Marvel, they are truly brilliant. All of Marvel creations have been made with passion and to a fine detail.

Thor is an excellent film, which is about the rise of Thor and his story.

The Plot:

Thor, god of thunder, is from a kingdom called Asgard, which is a place of greatness. He is Odin's son and next in line to be king of Asgard. Whilst being crowned king, the frost giants break into the weapons vault and try to steal the tesseract, which is a stone of unlimited power. They are stopped in there tracks, but Thor thinks they have destroyed their vow of peace. Betraying his father, Thor takes his friends to the city of the frost giants.

Odin banishes Thor to earth, taking away his powers and his hammer, to live in exile until he is worthy to posses his powers once more. Thor meets Jane, who is a scientist working on a project. Thor, betrayed by his brother, has to prove his worth whilst on Earth, but it is easier said than done.

This is a brilliant story of Thor's selflessness, which I think is a remarkable tale. It is different than most of the other Marvel films, which is why i think it is so good.

Thor also appears in the Avengers Assemble too, which he also plays a great part in that too. The film is worth a watch by everyone, especially those of you who enjoy the other Marvel films!

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • Insidious 2 (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      31.07.2014 07:46

Advantages

• jumpy
      • "Scary film"
      • "from the makers of saw"
      • "Brilliant sequel"
      • "Entertaining film"

Disadvantages

• "Disappointing ending"
      • " it should be 18"
      • "classified as a 15"
      • " is bad"
      • " same as first one"
      • music

Brilliant film but a shame about the ending

Insidious two is a great follow on from the first which was released in 2010. I personally think that this film is much much better than the first one simply because it has more action! The film has only recently being released onto DVD, and can be bought for around ten pounds on the internet, but I am sure you could get it cheaper if you shopped around.

Overview of the film:

Insidious two shows us more from the world of the dead. At the end of the first one we find that Josh, who visited the spirit realm, did not come back into his own body. Instead the old woman stole his body instead, and killed his friend Elise.

Josh is trapped in the spirit world while the old woman stays with his family, but being dead in the world of the living has its floors, and Joshes body begins to decay.

We later find that the old woman, was not actually a woman at all, but was once a man, Parker, who used to murder women dressed as a woman. His mother, a crazed lunatic, made Parker dress as a woman when he was a child.

His wife soon discovers that it is not Josh that came back and tries to get help. Dalton, Joshes son, goes to the spirit world to find his farther and bring him back.

I do not want to give too much away, simply because the film is absolutely brilliant and is worth a watch at least once! You will enjoy this film, especially if you liked the first one because this is better! I do not however, agree with the classification of the film. It is a 15, but I think it should have been an 18. The film is very entertaining, and is full of suspense. Some parts of the film are very jumpy, which just adds to the excitement. I love films that make me jump, that's the reason I like horror films, to be scared!

The main downside to this film is simply the ending. Elise attempts to aid people who have died, but when speaking to a lady, sat on a chair who has died, she simply looks up and says "Oh my god" and looks terrified, but then it just ends! it is very very obvious that they are going to make a third film, but it could have had a better ending!!

Overall, this is a very well put together film, i really enjoyed watching this. For all horror fans, this is the next film that should be on your list!

Comments

• Insidious (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      31.07.2014 07:08

Advantages

• " to an extent"
      • scary
      • "entertaining "
      • gripping

Disadvantages

• "not liked by critics"
      • "bad reviews"

Great film, but disputed

Insidious is a horror movie that has received mixed opinions really, some good points and some bad, but I think this is a good film!

James Wan directed this movie, which was released in 2010. It is roughly 102 minutes long and has a thrilling tale.

It is basically about a family who move into a new house, which soon turns horribly wrong. Two of the characters in the movie, Josh and his son Dalton, when they sleep at night visit another realm, which is where the dead go. It first starts with Josh, where as a child he begins to visit the other realm. Soon enough his parents start to notice a strange figure standing at the back of him in family photos, at first they think that it is a camera problem, but it soon becomes apparent that it is an old lady standing behind him.

It turns out that this old lady is a parasite, who wants joshes body so she can live again. His son Dalton also has the gift, and in the end is possessed by a demon and taken into the other realm. Elsie, who is also a spirit walker, attempts to aid the family.

The ending of the film carries a twist. After Josh visits the other realm to find his son, it is not him that returns, it is the old lady who has stolen Joshes body for her own!! Elise takes a photograph of Josh, to her horror sees the old lady in the photo. The old lady then kills Elise so no body will find out!

I love this film and think it is very entertaining. A lot of people find the film to be boring and follow suit from other films, but i do not find that this is the case, it is worth a watch by all horror viewers. After all, it is from the makers of the excellent movies Saw, so there doing something right!

Comments

• The Conjuring (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      31.07.2014 05:11

Advantages

• "based on real events"
      • "Truly chilling tale"

Disadvantages

• none

Not your typical Ghost film, not for the faint hearted!

This is THE scariest film i have ever seen, yet it is the most interesting. The Conjuring was released around august last year. We initially visited the cinema to watch this film where both me and my partner thought it was going to be another typical ghost story, but we were very wrong.

The plot of the film is very interesting. Ed and Lorraine Warren, a Demonologist and a clairvoyant, visit a families home who are been tormented by a spirit. Ed and Lorraine are real people who actually did the job which is shown in the film, which makes it so chilling.

The Perron family make contact with Ed and Lorraine, when they are giving a lecture about what they do. They visit the home and are quickly told that the spirit that is haunting them is so hateful, and Lorraine is worried about the spirit.

As the film progresses, the spirit becomes more and more active, the clocks stop at 3.15am each morning. The children wake up to the smell of rotting meat, which is typical for ghost films, but one of the children sees a figure standing behind the door. When her sister walks up to do the door and tells her there is nothing there, the door quickly slams shut!

It turns out that a witch killed her child, swore her soul to the devil and hung herself from a tree in the garden. I will stop there, as i do not want to give all the film away, but they is a truly terrifying film. I have always been a horror fan, but this film actually made me jump in the cinema. Be aware, this is not for the faint hearted!! You have been warned! The DVD can be bought for around ten pounds on amazon.

The film interested me that much, that i actually did some research into it, it turns out the story is true for most of it, some bits have been put in to make the film more interesting, but most of the story is true. There is books called, House of Light, House of Darkness available in three volumes which are the best books i have ever read in this genre.

Unfortunately, Ed Warren has passed away, but Lorraine still lives in the family home where they keep objects that have been in hauntings, possessions and a whole manner of spooky things, including the famous Annabelle doll, which had an evil spirit attached to it..

For anyone who is looking for a scary film with a truly interesting tale, and based on true events, watch this film, you will not regret it!

Comments

• A Bug's Life (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      31.07.2014 04:39

Advantages

• "entertaining "
      • funny
      • cheap
      • "Great for all ages"

Disadvantages

• none

Entertaining family film!

A Bugs life came out in 1995, which makes this film nearly ten years old, but is still one of the best children's film around.

I first saw this film in my early teens, and from then I have always, even now, find it entertaining and very funny. My favorite character has got to be the stick insect, a talking stick insect, that is some funny stuff even thinking about it!

the film is about an ant colony, who has been enslaved by grasshoppers, who make them gather them food each season. Flick, who is an inventor ant, sets off on a quest to find some warrior bugs to help them rid themselves of the grasshoppers, so they can have a better way of life.

Flick returns with a group of washed up circus bugs, who think they have been taken on to entertain, but flick wanted them to fight off the grasshoppers!

The warrior bugs and the ants build a bird, to try and scare the grasshoppers away from there home. This is a brilliant film with a great ending, which i wont give away just in case any of you have not seen this film yet.

I think that this film is suitable for all ages. It is entertaining and even adults will find the comedy in this film amusing. If you have not seen it yet i suggest giving it a try. This film can be picked up for around three pounds, which is very very cheap in my opinion, especially considering this a classic!

Comments

• More +
      31.07.2014 02:44
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "sound quality"
      • comfortable
      • "large earcup"
      • microphone
      • "noise canceling"

Disadvantages

• bulky

A very good gaming headset!

The Asus Vulcan pro ANC is definitely unique compared to other gaming headsets. It is mainly unique because of the active voice cancelling which basicly plays a white noise to block out the background quality. The microphone quality is satisfactory so other people can hear you clearly but nothing mind boggling. A very good point of these headphones are the large memoryphone earpads so if you are someone like me and have large ears these will still be comfortable. Even if you have small ears these headphones are legendary comfortable it set the standard in my head another thing what was amazing from these headphones was the sound quality it was perfect not too much bass but not too little to ruin it. The headphone were so clear so they are very good for gaming. A bad point about these headphones are the bulkynes of the earcups they properly stick out of your heads so they are high profile so people are going to notice them.

Comments

• Beats by Dr Dre Studio HD / Headphones / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      More +
      31.07.2014 01:16

Advantages

• "shows off"
      • accesories
      • sleek

Disadvantages

• price

Its not as bad as people say!

The beats by Dre series has always been overlooked and said way too expensive for the sound quality. These are usually people who have never owned a pair of beats before.You should not be able to judge things if you haven't experience them. Putting that aside these headphones are very comfortable to wear around your head/neck. These headphones are lighter than the last studios by about 14%. These headphones are a bit more low profile from the last ones so they don't stick off your head. Be warned if you are buying these they are a fingerprint magnet so if you like everything with no finger prints on this is not for you. These headphones have a rechargeable battery which if you owned the last studios you could only dream about having. The sound quality is very clear and the base is less muddy than last year so the base is more consistent so it meets what the artist intended. It also has some very good noise cancelling so if you have a noisy environment these are perfect for you. You also get a very nice beats hard case so if you do spend all that money you don't break them instantly speaking of the price these are some very premium priced headphones so if you want to have a sleek beautiful pair of headphones with some amazing packaging what tells everyone who sees you think you have a lot of money and you like music a lot

Comments

• More +
      30.07.2014 23:19
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• speakers
      • feel

Disadvantages

• camera
      • small

a decent phone with a great price

First of all the htc one mini has an incredibly tough display because of that lovely gorilla glass 3 screen with a slightly mediocre 720p but it still looks amazing compared to them old phones I absolutely love htc sense 5 I know not many people like blink feed but once you personalize it it is really good and useful to find out all about the information you like htc sense give a nice vibrant feeling one you use it it may not be as fast as the htc one but it is pretty dam fast the speakers on the htc one mini are amazing you can actually here things from them unlike other phones they are facing you so you can pick up the sound easier the front camera on the htc one mini is actually pretty good for all those selfie taking people the htc one mini will do just fine but the camera on the back is the biggest disappointment on the phone the htc one had a terrible camera this phone just shoots the corpse for that if you like playing games on your phone the htc one mini wont disappoint with the power full CPU and amazing boom sound speakers it is very immersive sometimes having a small phone is good because you can use one hand to type which is generally so useful for if you are in a rush or if you have something else in your other hand in the overview it is personally a decent phone with a great price

Comments

• Philips SHE9503 / Headphones / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      30.07.2014 23:13
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good quality

I have had these ear phones for quite a while now and use them nearly all the time.

The quality of sound of these is really good but one of the downsides to these ear phones for me is that you can not really hear the bass of the music, which is not that great when you really want to get lost in the music! But saying that the sound is really good and I am probably just being a bit too fussy!

I got these online for about £10, from amazon, which is a pretty reasonable price for the quality you are getting. Even though they may not provide an amazing sound they are definitely worth the price tag as they are so long lasting. They have not broken as of yet, which is great considering I have had them for quite a long time now - can not exactly remember how long though. But compared to many other ear phone brands I have had before, in my experience, these are probably the most durable, which means you do not have to continuously buy a new pair every 6 months.

In my opinion I think the earphones have a good look too to them. They are sleek and stylish and actually look far more expensive than what they really cost.

Overall, I would recommend these ear phones to you because they are of such good quality and literally cost next to nothing for the price you are paying for them.

Comments

• More +
      30.07.2014 23:05
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Best Antivirus But to high price

Lots of antivirus that has been circulating for. I think any anti-virus has the advantages and disadvantages of each. But anti-virus are most good? The answer is relative. Many people who have tested several existing anti-virus and anti-viral rank where the most good. Some are making the best Kaspersky, but there are also told BitDefender or Norton etc. But in this post I do not discuss which anti virus is best. I assume all the good anti virus depends on the user who wears it.
      So far I am using Norton Antivirus for servers and client computers. Until now the Norton Antivirus has always worked well to overcome a virus that attacked my computer. Here I will share about Norton Antivirus 2012.
      There are several advantages if we use Norton Antivirus 2012 (NAV), among others:

NAV not only protects from viruses but also from spyware so we do not need additional anti-spyware.
      Norton AntiVirus 2012 is very light on system resources, using around 8 MB ​​of working memory. NAV also has the fastest scans only 61 seconds on the hard disk.
      NAV uses Norton Insight to scan only files at risk. This means fewer scans and therefore better PC performance better. Smart Scheduler feature only works when your PC is idle, Silent Mode is engaged automatically when playing games or watching movies so that alerts, updates and scans delayed until you are done.
      Update automatic, frequent and small in size so the download and installation are quick and unobtrusive.

Comments

• First Direct Mobile Banking App / Apps / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      30.07.2014 23:00
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Bank, Rubbish App

Having recently switched my current account to first direct I downloaded the app to keep track of my money. The app is fairly simple to set up, just download the app from the app store and enter your internet banking details (these were given to me when I set up my account).

Logging into the app is simple, enter your user name and three characters from your password. There is an option to log on using the secure key pad, I don't use this for the app as I wouldn't want to carry it around with me and risk losing it.

The app would be a lot better if you could view more information on it, currently I can only see Balances, transfer money between accounts and pay bills. I would like to be able to see my direct debits without having to log on the the first direct website.

The app is pleasing to the eye it has a black background and white text, but it looks a little thrown together. Navigation around the app is simple, swipe left to view the menu, which shows, balances, transfers and bill payments and swipe right to view your accounts.

I feel that this app lets first direct down and needs lots of improvements to bring it in line with other banks.

Comments

• More +
      30.07.2014 22:57
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Design is too old

12MP 2/3in X-Trans CMOS II sensor
      28-112mm f/2-2.8 lens
      2.8in LCD screen
      Optical viewfinder with Digital Trans Panel
      Full HD video recording
      ISO 100-3200 (expandable to ISO 12,800)

The Fujifilm X20 is an advanced compact with a 28-112mm equivalent zoom and a larger sensor than a typical point-and shoot camera. Launched in June 2013, it replaces the Fujifilm X10 with an upgraded sensor that may have the same 12 Megapixel resolution as before, but now employs the same X-trans architecture as Fujifilm's mirrorless range including the flagship X-Pro1, albeit on a smaller sensor area here. The new sensor also has built-in phase-detect autofocus points, a system previously deployed on the the higher end fixed lens X100S.

The other major upgrade is the viewfinder. Renowned for its innovation in developing viewfinder technology, Fujifilm has equipped the X20 with what it calls an Advanced Optical Viewfinder. As the name suggests, it's an optical glass window-type viewfinder, the advanced part consisting of a digital information overlay that provides focus and exposure information. It doesn't incorporate a fully electronic viewfinder and lacks the sophistication of the X100S's hybrid viewfinder, but it's another first for a compact camera and way in advance of anything else currently available.

The X20 retains all of the features that made its predecessor a popular success, including the 28-112 4x optical zoom, 2.8 inch fixed 480k dot LCD screen and a generous complement of physical controls including an exposure compensation dial, control dial, function button and focus mode switch.

In my review I've compared it with Sony's RX100 II, the much anticipated replacement for the RX100 which sports a 28-100mm zoom and a slightly larger 1 inch Exmor R back-iluminated sensor, and the Nikon COOLPIX A, which goes one step futher with a DSLR-sized APS-C sensor and a fixed 28mm f2.8 lens. Read my ful review to discover just how big a part sensor size plays in the performance of these three models and which is the best advanced enthusiast compact for you.

Specification :
      12MP 2/3in X-Trans CMOS II sensor
      28-112mm f/2-2.8 lens
      2.8in LCD screen
      Optical viewfinder with Digital Trans Panel
      Full HD video recording
      ISO 100-3200 (expandable to ISO 12,800)

Comments

• Yamaha HTR2866 / Amplifier / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      More +
      30.07.2014 22:47
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

This is best sound receiver

A high-value choice for home-theater systems, providing genuine Yamaha sound quality from features such as Discrete Amp Circuit Design and CINEMA DSP, plus many convenient functions including SCENE and ECO mode.

5-channel powerful surround sound
      100W per Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
      70W per Channel (6 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
      135W per Channel (6 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD, 1ch driven, JEITA)

Discrete amp configuration
      HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio;Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
      192 kHz/24-bit Burr Brown DACs for all channels
      High dynamic power, low-impedance drive capability
      Low jitter PLL circuitry helps optimise sound imaging

4K pass-through for next generation super high resolution images
      HDMI (4 in/1 out) with 3D and Audio Return Channel
      HDMI CEC with versatile control
      Supports Deep Colour (30/36 bit), x.v.Colour, 24 Hz Refresh Rate and AutoLip-Sync compensation

Amplifier Section
      Channels 5.1
      Output Power 100W per Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
      Surround Sound Processing
      Cinema DSP Yes
      DSP Programms 17
      Compressed Music Enchancer Yes
      Silent Cinema Yes
      Dolby True HD Yes
      Dolby Digital Plus Yes
      Dolby Pro Logic IIx -
      DTS-HD Master Audio Yes
      Audio
      Pure Direct -
      YPAO sound optimization -
      Bi-amp Cabability -
      Audio Delay -
      Video
      HDMI 3D passthrough -
      Component upconversion -
      HDMI upscaling -
      Connections
      HDMI Input/Output 4/1
      USB Input -
      Network Port -
      Dock Port -
      Optical Inputs/Outputs 2/0
      Coaxial Inputs/Outputs 2/0
      Analog Inputs/Outputs 4/2
      Phono Input -
      Component Video Input/Output 2/1
      S-Video Inputs/Outputs -
      General
      AM/FM Tuner Yes
      Dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 151 x 315 mm
      Weight 7.4 kg
      Package Includes Remote control, manual

Comments

• More +
      30.07.2014 22:43
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Powerfull
      • Compact

Disadvantages

• "Colour Fading"
      • "Bright Colour"

Great, Cheap, Powerful Bullet

Having never used any sort of sex toy before I decided to give this pink bullet a try. I picked this up from Ann Summers for a very reasonable £8. The bullet is bright pink in colour and comes packaged in a black box. Apart from the bright colour the bullet is quite discreet, approx 7 - 8cm's long. It is described as being quiet, I think it makes quite an annoying noise, similar to an electric toothbrush which is a little irritating while using it, I felt it could be quieter. I was surprised by how powerful this bullet was, especially as it is so small. I actually felt like the vibrations were a little too powerful to begin with and I actually prefer it now the batteries have worn out a little. The battery life is great, I have used it several times and haven't had to replace them.

I have used the bullet several time on my own and it has always done a great job. I have only used this once with my boyfriend which is quite easy to do, it doesn't get in the way like some other toys I have used in the past, he seems to enjoy it :-).

The colouring has started to flake away, which is a little bit annoying but its so cheap, I don't really see it as an issue.

Comments

• Skip-Bo / Card Games / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      More +
      30.07.2014 22:33
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Fun

Disadvantages

• None

Skip bo

If youre a fan of the card game Uno then im sure you'll be a fan of this really fun card game, Skip Bo. It may have a funny name but its definitely very fun to play. Skip-Bo is a game from Mattel although, according to an article I read, " it has been modeled on a commercial version of the card game Spite and Malice. In 1967, Ms. Hazel Bowman of Brownfield, Texas began producing a boxed edition of the game under the name Skip-bo. In 1980 the game was purchased by International Games, which was subsequently bought by Mattelin 1992."

Skip Bo is a card sequence game that can get very addictive and the more you play, the more you want to play and win the next game. I first played this in America with my aunt and uncle and we literally played for hours each night we took out the cards.

The pack of cards look very similar to a pack of Uno cards, this is not like a regular deck of cards. They are colourful and have numbers on them from 1 to 12. There are also 18 Skip-Bo wild cards. The pack consists of 144 regular cards as well so that makes 162 in total. The aim of the game is to get rid of all of your cards, while preventing your opponents from discarding their cards first. The game can be played by either 2 or up to 6 players so it is quite versitile and my husband and I often play it just the two of us. I would say its definitely suitable forkids but they do have to be fairly old, say 6 plus to enjoy it and play it properly on their own without prompting.

The game is basically a pile building game where you have to get your cards down in sequence, simple sometimes, very frustrating most of the time! To explain the game I will quote an explanation from the internet as it saysitway better than I can, have you ever tried toexplain a game to someone, its really hard!

Each player is dealt 30 cards for their pile with only the top card visible, and a hand of five cards, and the remaining cards are placed face down to create a common draw pile. The shared play area allows up to four build piles, which must be started using either a "1" card or a Skip-Bo, and each player also has up to four personal discard piles. Each turn the active player draws until he has five cards in hand, and plays on the build piles. He must play either the next card in sequential order or a wild Skip-Bo card, using either cards in hand, the top card of his stock pile, or the top card of any of his four discard piles. If the player can play all five cards from his hand, he draws five more and continues playing. When no more plays are available, the player discards one card to either an empty discard pile or on top of an existing one and play passes to the next player. When a build pile reaches 12, it is removed from the board and that space becomes empty for another pile to be started; play continues until one player has played his final start card.
      Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_2062678_play-skipbo.html

It may seem a bit confusing, and I find card game and card game I sturctions always are until you actually start to play the game properly and then once you have you will pick it up easily and really get into the game.

You can find the pack of cards in shops or on Amazon in the £10 region and I guarantee, once you get into it you will love it and be just as addicted as I am!

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 65967
  • Sort by:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34100

* Prices may differ from that shown