03.12.2016 15:38

Advantages

• "Easy to use website"
      • "VAT deducatable (If applicable to you)"
      • "Built to your specifications"
      • "Great communication during build"
      • "Good value for money"
      • "Good Build Quality"

Disadvantages

• "Perhaps unsuitable for casual customers"
      • "Issues with Sound Drivers"
      • "Difficulties with older OS"

Great Performance, Great Quality, Would Recommend To Anyone.

Stumbled across their website after accidentaly damaging my old laptop, and I was intrigued by what I found; High quality systems for great prices. Eventually ordered an Optimus VII after if-ing and ar-ing over which one to purchase. Now actually using it, I am far from disappointed with the product. As someone from the Channel Island of Guernsey, it was great to see a dedicated CI delivery option, as well as deductable VAT as not many UK companies do so.

Initially attempted to run Windows 7, but after difficulties ended up getting windows 10, which was the better choice. The performance of laptop is very good, running games like CS:GO incredibly well, and capability run other high load games. Start-up takes a mere few seconds, and provides a crisp 1080p display on the screen. I've haven't found any real issues with the system at all; the only one that comes to mind is that the audio driver is a bit tempermental. When I put my system in stand-by with headphones in, when I reopen the laptop, I get no sound. Also the microphone at maximum settings can barely pick-up sound from my headset, whereas on my old laptop I can be heard clear as day. Hopefully this gets fixed with updates.

03.12.2016 14:47

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good quality products, amazingly unbeatable prices.

I am very satisfied with the performance of my Optimus VII laptop. It is able to run recently released games with both solid quality graphics and smooth framerates, in addition to quickly performing day-to-day tasks. The design of the laptop itself is slick and functional, with the backlit keyboard being a nice addition.

The price of the machine is what truly sets it apart from the competition. I had extensively compared between PC Specialist and other companies: none could remotely match the price. Laptops with the same core components could cost an additional £80 or even more.

03.12.2016 12:41

Advantages

• Flexibility
      • "Price (cheaper than building it yourself!)"
      • "Extremely high "top-spec" limit"

Disadvantages

Excellent quality + high professionalism = total satisfaction.

I needed a high-end machine for computer simulations in theoretical physics (5D Kaluza-Klein anzats in quantum infodynamics) and for a long time hesitated where to buy it from. Finally, I decided to build it myself as none of the ready made PCs were powerful enough for my purposes. For example, nobody offered a PC with 128GB RAM which is the absolute minimum that I need for this work. So, I selected all the components I needed via Amazon.co.uk and it came to a certain amount (about £3k). But before clicking on "Buy" on Amazon I decided to see if I can find the same components elsewhere cheaper. Thus I found PC Specialist. Now imagine my amazement when I discovered that having PC Specialist put together all these components is actually CHEAPER (by a very small amount like £30, but still positive!) than buying them all separately and building them myself. Obviously, I instantly abandoned the DIY Amazon idea and ordered from PC Specialist. And I must say I have no regrets --- not only did I get the spec that I wanted, but also the Gold Warranty (over and above the manufacturer's standard warranty) which would not have been included by Amazon (or would have required buying separately for each individual component).

So, I am very happy with PC Specialist. In summary, these are the good points:

1. "Sky is the limit" in terms of high-end spec. You can literally custom-build the fastest and most powerful machine the money can buy today.

2. Complete flexibility in terms of specification. You specify exactly what you want. Moreover, their online software checks for compatibility and doesn't allow you to do anything stupid, e.g. to specify high-end CPUs and very low-end cooling option which would lead to over-heating and failure.

3. No over-pricing. As I said, it is either the same or slightly cheaper than doing it yourself. Presumably they manage to buy the components much cheaper than the retail prices for the rest of us at Amazon.

4. Warranty.

What are the bad points? To be honest, I cannot think of any at the moment, but if I do I will revise this review and add them.

• STV Self Set Mouse Trap / Garden Chemical / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.12.2016 12:11

Advantages

• "Good value"

Disadvantages

• Painful

If you chew my cables you gotta go, capiche!

I think it’s fair to say that the mouse is the cutest animal humans kill on mass. For some reason it doesn’t have the status of cats, pandas, tigers and dolphins and has to be trapped and killed for being annoying around the house. As a rule of thumb humans tend to have no problem killing ugly animals like rats, pigs, fish and cows but somehow the mouse has fallen in with the wrong crowd. The rabbit’s foot maybe good luck for humans but it wasn’t lucky for the rabbit. Beauty has greater sanctuary than all around humans. But if the little bastard is chewing through your cables under the floorboard and could burn the house down they have got to pack their little suitcases and go.

When the house is silent we all become aware of any unusual noises, the gnawing sound of sturdy little choppers on wood a familiar one. The mice are building their winter retreat and babies will follow in the spring. They don’t want to be out in the cold and so centrally heated floor space is rather appealing. Problem is you can’t negotiate and get at them under the boards and so you have to trap them. There is a high chance they will nibble on everything down there. 240 volts will probably solve the problem but create a whole lot more.

Now I hate the idea of poisoning mice as they are cute and just trying to get on in life but the old fashioned cartoon traps never really worked and laying toxic poison in a tray intoxicates everything that goes near it, including family pets. For me it’s the plastic trap every time. The last time I used trays of poison I actually saw the little mouse come out of the airing cupboard and keel over in front of me as if in an animated movie and stone dead. It was all rather sad. If it had been an ugly big rat I wouldn’t have cared. As I said, cute is everything in the animal world and dictates your survival chances around humans.

Rentokil, of course, is the big name in killing animals and put down even more than the RSPCA, which takes some doing, The set up with the Rentokil people is the word kill and they don’t do many inhumane traps and so I went with STV instead, that have the snap down door ones where the mouse wanders in and cant get out. You then hear the little one rustling around in there and release him or her somewhere else wit that little suitcase. Obviously if they have had little mices in your house that’s not ideal but generally if you hear them they are nest building and so not mums and dads yet and so can go live somewhere else.

The idea is the mice get curious, pokes their nose around and sniff something that smells like grub in the trap and the spring pops the gate down. Cheese doesn’t work. I have tried it. The mechanism looks brutal but designed for speed to trap a mouse facing the wrong way, rather than to decapitate it and at worse they will get a sore tail. As I say it is all very Tom & Jerry with the current designs on the market. This one is not a tube version but an actual computer mouse shaped trap, the idea the mouse doesn’t have time to figure out it’s a trap and turn around as the plastic door flips down. It’s easy to reset and at £9.99 in Wilko’s decently priced. It’s not that heavy so you may need to anchor it. Like I said, the mouse will take the piss if he or she knows what it’s about.

Did it work? It did, although it took two weeks, enough for the mouse to build three condos down there. In fact he was quite a cheeky mouse and a couple of times I caught him sitting on top of the trap eating the contents. It’s up to you what grub you put in there and you can, of course, put poison in. Peanut better was the most recommended online and as I hate peanut butter I was fine for them to eat it. The trick is to give them a small piece so they don’t spend all day in there sleeping and getting fat and waddling out and so not tripping the trap. Five-years ago a mouse I was trying to trap was using the plastic mouse trap tube as a storage locker and dragging all sorts in there for the winter. So if you don’t like killing cute animals then this is for you. You can get a bigger one to kill the ugly rats though.

• Darts / Discussion / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.12.2016 22:15

Advantages

• "Well balanced"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

Maestro Premier James Wade 90% Tungsten Dart

I’m quite lucky to have a big bedroom and so that means I can fit in the dartboard. Its big enough to have one of those 6ft snooker tables in to and get your cue in all the way around. Not that I have one of those (although I would love one). The board is a classic Winmau from the 1980s and has worn well. Hardly any of the cork has fuzzed up or pulled out and worth every penny. I would recommend a Winmau board to any decent darts player.

Now I’m an OK darts player but have never nailed a 180 in competition in my local darts league. I can hit the odd 140 on the night and three of four 100s but it does take five or six darts to hit the doubles. My highest 301 is ten darts and 17 for 501. I can do some decent checkouts but still pull my third dart as it’s the dart I am most likely to think about and so put me off.

I don’t like to play with light darts, end of. I know the thinner ones give you more space in the doubles and trebles to hit but if the dart doesn’t feel right it in the hand and so won’t hit those areas anyway. I like the heavier and thicker shaft arrow because I want to feel some weight when I throw to get my rhythm and I like the clunk as the metal hits metal when clustering in doubles. I don’t like the really thick barrel ones though as there really isn’t any room for error on the trebles. I do have some light and thin darts but they always get away from me when I throw. I suppose it’s like throwing a light bowling ball playing crown green. It’s all about weight and feel. A thicker shaft enables better grip. All the girls will tell you that.

The Maestro Premier James Wade 90% Tungsten Dart is a mid size barrel and length tip. Tungsten (Swedish for ‘heavy stone’) is a high melt point malleable alloy and used for darts due to its weight to volume ratio. A dart the same size made from other metals would be too heavy or too light and more likely to not grip the cork. It’s 90% Tungsten because 100% Tungsten would be too hard to shape and so an alloy mix is preferred. Tungsten replaced brass darts in the 1970s as cheaper to make. The tip is steel on these darts so it can be sharpened easier.

They weigh around 27 grams. Now, the maximum permitted dart weight by the laws of the game are 50g (grams). That doesn't sound a lot, but when you consider most people throw darts at a weight of around 22/23 grams, it sounds like a javelin! They cost around £30 when I bought them but you can pick them up online for a tenner. They are not a top brand but just the weight I like. I’m not into brands or marketing and buy what I like. They feel right in the hand and leave that lovely warm metal smell on your fingers. Its funny how off things like tar, petrol and darts smell so wonderful. Not that I am a darts sniffer or anything.

I’m happy with the darts and no problems. The plastic barrels are the weakness but cheap to replace and universal screw and length. I do find that if your dart hits the flight area of your thrown darts they can snap the plastic forks so the flight is only held by the two prongs. Best to have some spare bits around the house. Flights are 3 for a quid online and I have the Brexit specials. Good medium set of darts for mucking about with and matches at your local boozer.

• Lenovo G710 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.12.2016 16:45

Advantages

• "fast data transfer"
      • "Accutype keyboard"
      • "Multitouch Touchpad"
      • "Great Multimedia Futures"
      • "17" HD widescreen display"

Disadvantages

• "windows update"
      • "num key does not indicate"
      • "poor external port location"

advance technology facilities

Lenovo G710 is the 17" HD wide screen laptop. It contains latest technology and some facilities but also some minor drawbacks that not affect your work. I will explain detail
      Advantages:
      The best advantage is clarity yes every laptop need this G710 contain 17" HD Wide screen. The speaker is highly developed with sorrounding sounds and other multimedia facilities. The multitouch touchpad is the latest technology facility that make the work simple for windows 8 and more. Accutype keypad make a comfortable typing and smooth feeling. It has fast data transfer facility with USB 3.0 speed.
      Other facilities like lenovo energy saving technology that increases the time duration. The webcam offers 720p high definition. Easy connection to television. Automatic backup and more.
      Disadvantages
      The main disadvantage is the position of external port that is arranged closely to USB device portion so it hard to connect with other device. Numkey does not include it another drawback. The main drawback is the automatic window update you have no choice for update you must update. Some users can't update suddenly after buy the laptop. But other vice it is best laptop.
      Other users experience:
      Some users complain about the external port position. In the case of software update users complains that after updating software there are minor errors. But overall not more complaints in my point of view lenovo G710 is the good laptop with some interesting facilities and technology advantage. Due to some drawbacks it slightly get down but over all worth your cost.

02.12.2016 14:08

Advantages

• "Good Service Assistance"
      • "Good Price"

Disadvantages

• "Unclearly Organized not Fully Functional Web"

We can definitely recommend the service.

We really liked the print24 service. The product was delivered in time and at high quality. We only were disappointed with the web site and its functionality, that is quite out-of-date in comparison to current standard.

Prices are well set according to the service.

02.12.2016 12:53

Advantages

• " tracking your position with the GPS and taking photos the the places you have been visited would be a more interessting with this cheap phone"
      • "Listening to Radio"

Disadvantages

• "you can navigate easily with Alcatel One Touch fire C 4019 even its small screen"

I found this Alcatel phone very useful for young and old people.

The Alcatel One Touch C 4019 is for people who search for a cheap phone that can do the essencial things such as taking photos, listening to Radio or Music.
      You can also use the GPS navigation to search for your position or the places you want to reach.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.12.2016 10:30

Advantages

• "I got what I wanted and needed"

Disadvantages

Worth the wait for the right build

I'm thrilled with my laptop, as it has exactly what I want since I could customise the build. I get that it takes time, but I only waited something like 8 days for it, which was worth it. Had I bought a laptop from a store, it would have come as boxed.

02.12.2016 00:12

Advantages

• Reputable
      • Affordable
      • Clever

Disadvantages

• Antagonizing

Clever Bumper Sticker

Cafepress.com is known for having controversial messages in their products. They aren't afraid to exercise their right to freedom-of-speech. Cafepress.com is one of the leading "Sell Your Own Designs" companies, which leaves it open for all kinds of unique, opinionated products. This particular product is a sticker that reads, "HE WON, GET OVER IT". Cafepress.com sells this sticker and others like it at an affordable rate...usually costing the buyer under $7.00. The advantages this product offers is found in it' s clever message and also in the high-quality materials used to manufacture it. CafePress.com prides itself in defining their company through reputable standards. This particular sticker hits close to home for those who voted in this 2016 presidential election. Most Americans have been "stumped" to find their new president is Trump. This sucker message plays into the emotional uproar many that many people are left feeling since the announcement. This sticker can be purchased in many different sizes; the most popular size being the typical bumper sticker rectangular size. They offer these stickers in several different colors, as well. This product comes with a water and rain proof guarantee to withstand all sorts of challenging conditions. I am unsure if they offer a warrantee, but more information about refunds, exchanges, disclaimers and guarantees can be found at the Cafe Press website, Cafepress.com. Cafepress.com offers a track your own package option, to keep tabs on when and where your package will be delivered. Account holders can also rest assured that their information is safe with Cafepress.com and not shared with other sponsors or websites. THIS is a high quality bumper sticker, with a clever message. I'd buy it again.

01.12.2016 23:38

Advantages

• "Design Experts"
      • "Excellent Reputation "

Disadvantages

AIGA is the place for professional designers to turn FIRST for to network creative ideas.

The American Institute of Graphic Arts, or AIGA, is a non-profit organization for design. The groups focus is to present and uphold a high-quality standard within the design community. Housing more than 22,000 members and 66 chapters, they have been successful in growing as an organization. AIGA represents a wide range of professional clients in communication design. They help and support students, educators and professionals advance throughout their careers. AIGA has set the precedence for the role of design in its economic, and culturally creative avenues.

01.12.2016 20:37

Advantages

• Nice-looking
      • Useful
      • Fun

Disadvantages

• "A bit hard to use"
      • Expensive

All in all, I think this is a great product and worth buying.

In my opinion, this is the best graphing calculator out there. It is extremely fun to play around with, use for math, graphing and even writing programs. It is a bit hard to use, with so many buttons, but I got used to it. The price that I bought it for, brand new, was €120, and that is quite much. But I think it was well worth it. I use it every day at my math lectures and to solve problems. You can install custom programs, like simple games and tools to use on the calculator. Typing programs on it is quite hard, so I suggest doing it from a computer and then uploading them using the provided link cable.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      01.12.2016 19:35

Advantages

• "One hour window delivery"
      • "Packaging of items is in good condition when arrived"
      • "Easy Interface on website"
      • "Fast service"

Disadvantages

Just superb

This is my first time using PcSpecialist, and to be truth im quite amaze by how well the service are. You get a notification by email when your order is being process and they even tell you what stage of the process they're in. The package was deliverde in good condition, and I even checked how they assemble the parts that I picked and it was very good assembly. Overall good service and quality. Would be coming back to this site soon. Sorry for bad english.

• Sekonda 4394 Ladies Watch / Watch / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      01.12.2016 16:03

Advantages

• Colors

Disadvantages

Cool Watch

This Watch is really nice becouse the colors are a great combination and the form of the watch is great
      I think its gonna sell good ;p

01.12.2016 16:02

Advantages

• Sturdy
      • "Very good build"

Disadvantages

All in all, amazing service

Fantastic product, only wish it cake sooner!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown