30.04.2016 20:15

Advantages

• "Quality product"
      • "Value for money"

Disadvantages

• "Archaic website"
      • "Customer service"

Good value for money, but lacking in other areas

The value for money is great and you don't have to pay a lot more than if you were to build a computer yourself. However, the communication from the company is very poor and I chased several times just to get an even vague update on when I could expect my computer to be delivered.

30.04.2016 17:37

Advantages

• "Compatibility Checker"
      • "Choosing Parts"
      • "Custom Built PC"

Disadvantages

Well built custom PC. Very high quality parts and quick build/dispatch time.

I purchased a top-spec gaming PC from PC Specialist. It has been built and configured to the highest specification, I am extremely pleased with the build quality and performance.

The packaging was great, even packed form inside of the case so that nothing came loose in transit.

It took 8 days from ordering to the PC being shipped and delivered on the 9th day.

Great service.

30.04.2016 15:52

Advantages

• "None "
      • "Can be used for arts and crafts "

Disadvantages

• "Dirty quickly "
      • "Slips off "
      • "Hard to use "
      • "Price "
      • "No support "

NEVER BUY IT

Absolute rip off gives me no support whatsoever can't believe anyone would rip off someone with an injury like that

30.04.2016 13:48

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Didn't work at all"

I am going to have to by yet another hair dye which I dnt usually.

I am not happy with this product I left my colour on for more than ten minutes and it didn't even change my hair colour and my grey roots are still visible I have never in my life been so disappointed

29.04.2016 19:32

Advantages

• "Try new products"
      • "Extra money"
      • "Meet new people"

Disadvantages

• "Can be hard to build new customers"
      • "Very time consuming"

I enjoyed it but very time consuming

I worked as an Avon representative for about one year.The reason I joined as I was working part time and I wanted an additional income. I did enjoy it but it was so time consuming.

The Sign up

What got me interested in Avon was the advert you see every day on TV of the women trying different make up and there was a catchy song which caught my attention. So i went on the avon website and clicked the apply button I filled out a simple application form which asked for my name, date of birth, address, contact number and email. I submitted the application the next day my phone rang and it was the manager of Avon that worked in my area. She discussed the opportunity with me and asked did I want to go ahead and I did so we arranged an appointment for the following day for her to call out to my house to get me set up.
      So the following day she called out at the correct time and arrived with a bag full of receipts, books, some samples of perfume and lots of info. so now she needed to set up my online account so I started filling in my details again on her computer and I go to a section were it was asking me if I had a credit card, my marital status, if I had home internet access and if I rented of owned my property.... what? why do they need this.so I bought it up and she explained it was for how much credit I could have on my account for placing orders. she give me my account number and talked me though the system and helped me get books ready for customers. we went thought a booklet that went thought everything from top to bottom. She left me her number and welcomed me to the team.

The 1st Week
      So the 1st day I had a list of friends and family and might be interested. I started making calls to see who wanted a brochure nearly all of them said yes so I spent the day delivering them out to. I was buzzing felt like it was going well.
      so half way though the week the area manager called to see if I was available she met up with me at my house. she give me my territory near my house were a can deliver brochures. so me and her set out with a handful of books. we went to the first door and an older lady answered and the manager explained who we were, so she took a brochure of us and we told her to leave the book out on a certain day so we can pick it up. The manager stayed with me for around an hour helping me get some brochures out. After she left I thought that it was easy so the 1st door i knocked on by myself and grumpy man answered and told we were to go.... I didn't know what to do. so I after that all the doors I went to I did not knock I just posted them threw the letter box.

Pick Up Time
      So I picked up the brochures from my friends and family all of them ordered maybe they were feeling sorry for me.... ill never know . Some orders were around £25 but the highest one was £80 i was shocked I didn't know what to say.
      so the time came for me to pick up the brochures i delivered near my house. Getting the brochures back was a nightmare. some people left them in the garden in the rain, some people didn't answer the door . i would try 3 times to pick up the brochures if there was no answer at different times.

Placing the order
      So I had to get all the order forms together and add all the products to my order I double checked it about 4 times before submitting it After this was down I could see my order total and my commission. The order was around £400 and i was getting 25% commission so I made around £100 but i had to order more brochures which were about £6 and the 1st part joining fee was £10. so my commission came to about £84 so i placed the order and just had to wait a couple of days for delivery.

Delivery
      Door goes and there is a guy from yodel outside with about 5 boxes and a pack of brochures and he helps me lift them in to the living room. It takes me about 2 hours sorting the products and bagging them up.some products were out of stock and coming with my next order.now I just had to deliver them lucky on the order form every one wrote there number down so I began phoning around to see who was in to deliver the products,collect the money and leave a new brochure. so eventually i got all the products delivered and the money collected in. Then I paid my bill and kept my commission I was happy enough.

That is what happens when you 1st join. I loved the products avon sold from make up, bubble bath, clothes, jewellery and lots more. very order I got more customers I started posting online in buy and sell groups on facebook which built my customer base. the thing I hated the most how much time it took up as once i got a full time job i did not have time of it but I did pass my customers on to someone else that was doing it.

29.04.2016 18:36

Advantages

• "Flawless finish"

Disadvantages

• "Leaky Lid"

It's Okay

To begin, with Maybelline is one of my all time drugstore make up brands. They almost never seem to fail with my needs. 90% of the time, a new maybelline product I have purchased, I am in love with and obsessed with. I am not going to sit here and lie though because Maybelline hasn't always been up to game when it comes to their makeup.

When it comes to foundation, I never really go to Maybelline. I am usually such a huge fan of Sleek or Mac. In addition to this, I don't wear foundation because I have pretty clear skin, I'm not trying to be cocky, or sit on my high horse. But, I like to wear foundation on a night out or a meal out because even though my face is clear it can often make me look like flawless and airbrushed.

Talking, about this foundation though it is okay. It's not bad but its not amazing. The pro about this product is it makes me look quite flawless and that's why I like it.

However, a con about this product can look very cakey after a while or if to much product is applied. I do agree that a lot of foundations can have this problem. Another con that I have found about that the bottle can become very messy after awhile. It spills very easily causing the product to become messy and when taking the lid of it often goes all over my fingers which is such a pain.

29.04.2016 08:21

Advantages

• "Great spin off game"
      • "Emotional "
      • "New to the trilogy"
      • Narrative

Disadvantages

• Repetitive
      • "Only one power at a time"

Imagine having all the power in the world, but not being able to use it.

Infamous Second Son provides a new take on the series, and the genre together. It creates its atmosphere along with its universe in a distinct new way of story telling from the original two games. What was once thought of for the second game, multiple powers, is implemented in this game, allowing the player to fully thrash out enemies in a variety of ways. This game provides excellent new ideas, making it a definite standing point for coming to the PS4 when it did.

Unfortunately, no great game comes without flaws. This game has a few, not too many. What works well is the different powers. You feel like a fresh new person when you get new powers, able to take on the world. Unfortunately, you can not switch between them easily. You have to find a source of one of the powers to be able to absorb it and use it. It ruins the idea of being such a powerful character in the game. After everything you had just gone through and you have to be a weak person in search of power, yet again.

The game, overall, creates a new outlook, and really caught my eye from the beginning of development. Being someone who has beaten the game and replayed it on countless occasions, I can highly recommend this for anyone who is a fan of the series, or anyone looking to play something in this type of genre. It is a game changer for the series and I hope the studio continues to make more.

• Lindy Compressed Air Cleaner / PC Accessory / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.04.2016 22:29

Advantages

• "Works fine"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

Try Speedfan instead...

So I am sitting at the laptop and I hear this fluttering noise inside it. Two days later it’s a sporadic scraping noise and then a loud irritating din that sounds like a light plane flying around inside of it. This, of course, is your hardrive fan playing up. This fault can be caused by a few things. The most likely is there is a build up of dust and gunge inside your computer and the air vents are being blocked or the fan obstructed, for example. The computer can quickly heat up when not vented and the fan over-revving to keep the fan cool. Another reason could be a virus is deliberately revving it up to wreck your computer and the final reason I know of is the baring on the fan has worn lose and thrown the fan out of sync to cause the rattling and growling. Either way it has to be addressed.

I decided to buy a Samsung NC10 generic fan off Ebay and at the same time the canister of air from Amazon. If it is just gunge in there then a blast of this can would clear a lot of crap inside. I’m using air pressure because the screws have threaded on my laptop so I can’t possibly open it up to change the fan or clean it out so the spare fan I bought not much use. The only other option is to drill the screws and that could easily wreck a laptop or netbook.

The compressed air can was quite expensive on Amazon at £5.99 and annoying to know that you can buy them in pound shops. I think they saw me coming. The canister is about the size of an old fashioned women’s hairspray can and has a small straw attached to it so to connect to the tiny hole on the aerosol nozzle and use to get into those tiny spaces. The air is mixed with some water inside the can to produce a mist like spray blast coming out of the nozzle. The water and air in this half-form so it doesn’t short any electrics and circuit boards on your computers. Make sure you are unplugged and the battery separated from the netbook when you do spray. It will short out if you don’t kill the current.

If you can get the back off then spray away. The water element of the spray dissolves quickly and it delivers a really good blast, enough to blow Stan & Ollie’s hats off. Blast the fans and under the circuit boards where you can. Bigger harddrives also have a cooling fan and as do some memory bays on the more powerful computers and laptops. It’s also a good idea to give your connected games consuls a blast as they also have fans. It would also work on cars and all manner of electrical things. Great for firing spiders of their webs at your misses.

Its hard to say how long the cans last as the weight inside them is the water. It’s a big old canister though so probably quite a while. It has flammable on the package I’m not sure why. Whether it works or not to help my fan I’m not sure. I used it to clear the vents and the fan and the sound did indeed stop for two weeks, a big relief. But it returned and no amount of air spraying fixed it this time. But if you have got a noisy laptop and air blast not working for you then fear not. If you have done a virus scan and then defragged your drive in case it is a program error and still noisy then you need to try software called ‘Speedfan’. It’s by Almico and free online through the usual places. I downloaded it two months ago and no problems with the fan(s) since. It’s an application that adds extra software to control your fan speed when it is growling and also looks for why the fan is working harder and where the heat issues are in your device. I followed the diagnostics and it seems to have worked and cooled my netbook nicely. Anything over 50 degrees is the danger one. It displays how hot parts of your compute are and which bits need to be cooled quickly. If you processor fan burns out it won’t take long for the chip to burnout. Most fans when working are very quiet and so you won’t know its not working. Its well worth downloading this if the more manual spray blast water doesn’t work.

• Morrisons / Highstreet Shopping / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.04.2016 20:52

Advantages

• "Offers on fuel"
      • "Meat is always good quality"
      • "I like the fresh produce "

Disadvantages

Look after the customer s you already have.

I shop weekly at Morrison's, passing other supermarkets on the way because I like the quality of food. I am however really feeling undervalued as a customer. I have friends who will only shop at Morrison's very occasionally who with great regularity receive voucher for points for a purchase of a couple of items. I have not received any since 2015. Do I have to start shopping at other supermarkets and wait to be enticed back?.

• dstele.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.04.2016 19:00

Advantages

Disadvantages

• Refund-dodgers

They don't like refunding! Even when they promise the refund, you won't necessarily get it!

Poor quality merchandise returned under consumer rights and "no hassle" refund policy. Initially ignored that product had been returned, had to chase 2 weeks later. Then had to fight to get return postage refunded. Was promised refund to bank account but refund never returned. That was 8 weeks ago.

28.04.2016 12:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "EX EMPLOYEE REVIEW WHO WAS FORCED TO LEAVE 5 STAR REVIEW FROM A FAKE ACCOUNT (MUST READ EVERYONE)"

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM SO PLEASE BE AWARE

I'VE BEEN WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY MYSELF WHICH WAS A NIGHTMARE. DUE TO ITS BAD REPUTE ALL THE EMPLOYEES WERE FORCED TO CREATE A FAKE ACCOUNT AND LEAVE A FIVE STAR POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR LIFESTYLEGROUP. THIS IS HOW YOU CAN SEE THE POSITIVE REVIEWS ON THE SITE. ALL 5 STAR REVIEWS ARE FAKE AND ONLY NEGATIVE REVIEWS ARE LEGIT. ALL THE EMPLOYEES ARE FORCED TO BE UNFAIR WITH THE POLICY HOLDERS & EMPLOYEES ARE GIVEN BONUSES OVER DECLINING THE GENUINE CLAIMS.

27.04.2016 21:43

Advantages

• "Does the job"

Disadvantages

• Cheap

Nailed on!

As all the boys know, girls like to pamper themselves to look pretty for the boys, and to lift their self-esteem and confidence. But when it comes to nails they really push the boat out. If they are down to their last thirty quid and it’s the end of the world in two hours it’s off to the nail bar they go! The nail bar, of course, is full of Vietnamese illegal immigrants choking on toxic fumes all day and the last thing they would want to do at the end of the world hours if to paint Chantelles chubby digits. To boys this nail thing is all very weird why they spend more on their nails than their hair but that’s chicks for you, the finger nails the new stiletto! But guys have pedicure needs to, although less about the metrosexual look and more about the fact men use their hands more at work and smash their hands and nails to bits.

As all men also know a manicure kit is not something you ever buy but something given to you, be it a Christmas present from mom or pieced together with a nail file from a Christmas cracker and a clipper from the long haul flight goody bag and some scissors from Netto, ideal for the old ball bag trim. Well, the girls don’t like jungles either so fair is fair. Not ever buying these kits is a bit like not ever buying playing cards. You don’t lob this stuff as you know it will come in handy one day, if you excuse the pun’. I once got a protractor from a Christmas cracker.

Now, I split my finger nail down the middle. That was three years ago and it’s still split. For some reason they don’t grow over diagonally so I have to keep clipping and filing to stop the edges catching a cardy or an object and tipping it off. This means I get that icky feeling when you rub your finger tip on something when you have no nail edge. I hate that! The nail has improved and just half the nail split so my manicure technique working.

I nip the edges with the clipper thing first. Its one where you have to turn the presser thing around to get it to clip, clever design. I file the edges down to stop them snaring on anything. They will snarl on anything. After the essential stuff is done I cut all my nails with my little scissors. Job done. The toenail, of course, is more neglected and women know that all too well, waking up with a griffin or two in their time. There is no real excuse not to cut your toe nails guys as they catch them on your socks in your shoes when you should know its time to clip them. Don’t wait for them to fall off so you have to take your sock off in the street. Whether the clippings end up in the bin at home is another story. Men are pretty disgusting. Aren’t they girls? They are also good for pulling the nose hairs, the clippers, not the girls. They are great for catapulting ants at the insect circuit.

I have the Tweezermam set with all the bits in but ciao wouldn’t let me post up the product so will have to stick with the clipper/file combo. It is exactly that and designed well. I have no idea how much it was bought for as it was from my mum and you never ask mom how much your presents cost. It retails around £9.99. It looks nice and silvery and sturdy and not too heavy. Most of the sets are light as they are essentially travel kits. The edge to the clipper is sharp enough and the file just right for a fine file. Again, you don’t want too much vibration on your digits as you get that icky feeling again. You can fit them in your travel wash bag or pop them in your top drawer in the bathroom. I will leave it to the girls to tell me what they do with their manicure sets as I bet it’s not what we do.

• Warren Evans / Highstreet Shopping / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      27.04.2016 12:42

Advantages

• "excellent customer service"
      • "stunning beds"

Disadvantages

• none

I highly recommend these products to any one looking for styly

I have recently boutht a bed (Siesta) and i have to say that i am really happy with the product. The bed itself is solid and looks amazing. Actually, all the beds are stunning and it was difficult to make a decision.

The showroom in Brighton shop is just spectacular and the beds look even more impressive when you see them in person.

The customer service is exceptional and really helpful.

For the delivery i was given a time slot of 4 hours and even i wasnt home at the time they arrived, they called me and wait for me for 30 minutes. The bed was assembled very quick without any mess. Thanks Mick and Khalid for your help.

26.04.2016 19:00

Advantages

• "Battery lasts really long"
      • "Really good for playing games"
      • "Easy to use"
      • "It has really good audio sound"

Disadvantages

• "Hard to clean"
      • "It breaks easily"

King of tablets

I am using this tablet for 2 years now and I can't really say any bad words about it.I really love the tablet and i recommend it.It is a little bit pricy but once you use it you will figure it out

26.04.2016 18:49

Advantages

• "good communication"
      • "clear instructions"
      • "website very easy to use"
      • "well build pc"

Disadvantages

• "fairly slow to deliver - arrived a week after recommended"

Great well built PC, very happy with product and company overall

My PC was built to spec and is as delivered. There was good communication when my chosen case was not big enough to house the chosen motherboard and graphics card. The PC is very fast, as would be expected, and is very well built. There were clear instructions upon delivery telling me how to remove the foam that had been inserted to keep it safe during transit. Courier service was good, and was delivered within a day of dispatch. They kept me up to date with an hour slot for deliver (and it arrived one minute into that hour slot).
      The PC was delivered along with a welcome pack from PC specialist, which contained a lot of useful information, items and instructions. For example, it has all of the disks for the installation of all of the components (graphics card, mother board, both hard drives). It also has all of the user and operator manuals for all of these components (probably about half a trees worth with the amount of paper, but useful to know that it's there). The pack also contains various items such as wires and cable ties, which I am assuming are there in case you need to modify the components in any way. There are other items but being an amateur I couldn't tell you what they are for.
      The only complaint would be the build time, with the PC being dispatched one week after the initial estimation, spending four days in pre production, though I do understand that build times can vary. The website was also a little confusing while tracking the order - it told me the PC has been build on a certain date, and the next day I got a phone call telling me that they were building it but I needed to change the case.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown