• Essie Under The Twilight / Make Up / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      17.12.2014 22:33

Advantages

• "Worth the price"
      • "Deep Colour"
      • "Lasts Well"

Disadvantages

• "Might be expensive for some"

A great colour, lasts well and doesn't break the bank!

As most people who know me are aware, I’m a fiend when it comes to nail varnish I absolutely love it I just can’t help myself when I see one I have to have it if it’s a pretty colour. When I find a colour or a brand I like I do spend too much money on them not going to lie!

Essie are a company that are relatively new to me, only been popular with me for the last two years or so but it’s a company that’s been out there for a while selling a more high end nail varnish.

This nail varnish is a deep purple – described as a smoky plum colour. It’s a deep colour, very rich and looks very luxurious!

So Essie always come in a lovely squared edge bottle, with a white brush handle and a spot on the top telling you the name of the colour – with ESSIE written down the sides of the bottle. It’s a good sized and comfortable to hold bottle full of polish, the brush that comes attached is fairly thin compared to a lot I’ve used but it doesn’t hamper the application at all – I can happily apply and have a full coat done on both hands quite quickly. Luckily too, this Essie polish doesn’t seem to take very long to dry which means if you’re in a hurry it’s perfect!

Mine is only on with one layer because it’s so dark I never feel the need to stick more than two coats on at time, because it really doesn’t need it. My advice though if you’re putting on one coat, get a good top coat to stop it from chipping – that said it does have good staying power even without. I tend to keep mine on for as many days as I’m off work, but by then it’s rarely chipped so I can’t complain. When it comes to taking off, I give it a good soak with a cotton ball on each nail and it comes off very nice and quickly with minimal to no nail staining – with or without a base coat!

It’s a lovely colour, that looks good with whatever you’re wearing as it seems to look different shades varying on the light you put it in. I really like this nail varnish!

I got mine from TKMaxx for £3.99 a bottle, but it’s also available for £5.95 on Amazon.

• Debowe Mocne / Beer / Cider / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      17.12.2014 22:29

Advantages

• Strong
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "I drink it through necessity - with more money I'd happily change brands"
      • "Hangovers are awful"
      • "First few sips are rough"

A great beer for getting tipsy with minimal spend

Debowe Mocne is my beer of choice when I have friends round for a drink. Thyis is for a few reasons. Firstly, it tastes pretty tasty, secondly, it's strong and very effective in getting the party started, and three, it's cheap, with four 500ml cans of 7% beer costing £5.25 from my local corner shop, or 5 cans for a fiver from Polish delicatessens a little further afield.

Now, not being well versed in Polish, I can't interpret much of the label. I do, however, understand that the word 'Mocne' translates to strong.Through further research, I have discovered that Debowe means oak, so as far as I can tell, this is oak matured strong beer.

Pouring it into a glass, it's a dark beer with a red-gold tint, and a strong odour rather like that of Horlicks. The smell is very malty, and this comes out in the taste, which is malty with hints of caramel and just a little bit of a burnt taste. The first few sips do give away the strength a lot, this not being the smoothest drink to start with of an evening, but once you've drunk the first half can, it's actually rather smooth and very pleasant.

However nice it is to drink, there is no denying that the strength of this beer not only leads to bad behaviour, but also to painful hangovers. Whilst I rate this beer 5/5, thats a situational rating. If I had more money, I'd undoubtedly drink something much nicer, perhaps something weak but fruity.However,if you're fairly skint and aiming for a good amount of drunkenness per pound spent, then this is fantastic.

• Rimmel Lasting Finish 25h Foundation / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      17.12.2014 21:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Looked uneven and damp"
      • "Did not last 25 hours. "

25 hours? Really ?

This is a product that claims to have long lasting foundation for 25 hours. Which is quite a claim as I can't even stay up eight hours but darn that workload I need to push on for twelve hours and reapplying make-up is not my favourite past times.

The product was a nice liquid that applied easy and glided well over my skin and hid the blemishes and bags under the eyes that I needed to and all was well in that department.
      My review is to advise that this for me didn't set well on my skin in summer, a warm enviroment or if my skin became a little oily then the product failed for me at least.
      Thanks to kind ladies at the meeting I was in, explained there seemed to be a little sheen appearing on my skin and a few cracks in the foundation.
      I was mortified on every level however the ladies were lovely and we had a nice chat afterwards talking not about boring figures but make-up!
      But they were right, when the room became warm or it was summer this reflected as though it were melting!
      If you do not suffer from oily skin this is wonderful and I am jealous however if you have oily skin and trying to conceal this this will not work in my opinion.

The 25 hour claim? No, that's it the answer in two letters. For me it only lasted about five hours.

• Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      17.12.2014 21:36

Advantages

• "Adds volumes"

Disadvantages

• "Can clump"

Not bad, but not perfect x

This I would rate at 3 and a half hearts if I could, so overall its a positive three, if that makes sense.

This is one of many wonder mascaras on the market that I have tried and its not to bad.
      I purchased this on the 'volume' claim and it does work.
      The mascara colour was lovely and jet black, so far so good. I applied a couple of coats and the volume for me was added as the lashes dried and they seem to curl with the drying of the mascara, it actually helped fan out the lashes which was a plus however it did clump. I could removed those litle clumps but even by the end of the evening the clumps seemed to return and I was in a restuarant which was quite warm so I don't think that helped.
      This product is not waterproof as I later discovered but overall if you are looking for a mascara that volumises this isn't to bad.

• Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      17.12.2014 21:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

• " doesn't conceal it."
      • "Highlights the problem"

Reveals not conceals :(

I purchased this on the hope that I would be able just to pop it into my bag and carry less, to use in 'those' moments that occur at the wrong time, you know, heavy black eye bags, spots etc and with this being Rimmel I was confident that this would automatically work.

First of all, it smelt medicinal which didn't put me off, the product is designed like a lipstick and you only need to dab and blend into the skin or the area that needs concealing. For me the concealer was rock solid and didn't apply easy. I used the back of my hand to soften the product and then applied but it really does not glide onto your skin, even when I dabbed it on my skin it left nothing really to work with. After all of that I looked so very pale under the eyes I was almost zombie like and the spot [ a teeny one by the way!:)] looked so highlighted I was gutted.
      I really don't recommend this product, sorry :(

• Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      17.12.2014 21:12

Advantages

• "60 seconds claim worked "

Disadvantages

• "Chipped to easily."

Arrived in 60 seconds , Gone in 60 minutes :(

I am a fan of Rimmel and loved there products. I really like the way they have changed the brushes over the years so it much better to apply, even and you don't have to use so much because the colour is great and there is enough distribution.

The 60 second claim?
      For me it worked and I was pleased with the results. I didn't have to hang about and I could go about doing things within a minute of them setting, the shine was absolutely gorgeous.

Why the three hearts?
      This chipped quite a few hours later and all I was doing was writing , put a cup ito the sink and then I looked down to see the carnage of a chip on two nails.
      I tried again by applying two coats but the nail still chipped quite fast which was a shame.
      I applied a clear top coat and this helped, it didn't chip for days but I wasn't really expecting to have to apply another coat from a different brand that took longer to dry then the original!
      Oh well... x

17.12.2014 20:10

Advantages

• "Thrilling Storyline"
      • "Huge World"
      • "What You'd Expect From RockStar Games (Quality)"

Disadvantages

Rockstar Games Prove They Are The Best

Grand Theft Auto IV is a truly amazing game. RockStar Games are well known for being the best of the best in video game making and this is solid proof of that fact. The game is for adults (hence the 18 age rating) and is catered to it. Violence, sexual elements and other adult themes. It's great to have a game that is not afraid to be for adults. The storyline is thrilling and the game-play is long, which is a good thing. I honestly can't think of any disadvantages with this game whatsoever, except maybe that it's not as good as Grand Theft Auto V?

17.12.2014 20:04

Advantages

• "Tough Bosses"
      • "Side Missions"
      • "Scary (At Times)"
      • Entertaining

Disadvantages

• "Limited Save Points"
      • "Can Get Quite Repetitive"
      • "Time Limit"

Good game, worth a play once or twice.

Dead Rising is the first of the three Dead Rising games released for the XBOX 360 (First two) and the XBOX One. All in all a good game, which can be quite scary at times. The graphics are good and it has a certain entertaining factor to it which will appeal to many. It's a shame that there are limited save points, which can be very frustrating because the bosses are tough and there are zombies everywhere! So when you do save the game you feel comfortable. There is also a time limit, which is important for the game, but is also quite annoying. All in all a good game which is why I rated it 3/5.

17.12.2014 19:58

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Repetitive Play "
      • "Boring Storyline"
      • "Slow Loading Times"
      • Glitches

Absolutely Awful Game.

I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead TV series and was excited to play this game, but my excitement soon turned to disbelief after an hour of playing it. How could a game, based on such an amazing and well loved TV series, be so bad? Well I'll tell you. Compared to Tell-tales 'The Walking Dead' episodic games, this one is just pure terrible. First the glitches, then the constant boring repetitive game-play, then the slow loading times and lastly not to mention the boring storyline or at least lack of one. Do yourselves a favour and don't buy this game, don't even rent it. Purchase Tell-Tales The Walking Dead instead.

17.12.2014 19:53

Advantages

• "Good equipment"
      • "Easy to use"
      • "Good picture quality"
      • "Good video quality"
      • "Flipping screen"
      • "Good price"

Disadvantages

• "Led flash"
      • "Bad microphone quality"

Canon 600d review

Canon 600d is really good model for beginners! Is really good choice for budget studios and home-made videos. It has got a really nice video and picture quality and I think this is a best buy for this money! There are some bed sides like bad microphone but for this price, we can't complain!

17.12.2014 18:19

Advantages

• "Looks very cute "
      • "Smells gorgeous and uplifting "

Adorable little penguin bubble bar

I don’t shop in Lush now as much as I used to when it first opened in my town and I spent a small fortune sampling all the goodies in the store. I soon got sick of the smell of the shop always making me nauseous and the novelty of it wore off on me.

I still do shop there from time to time and I love going in at Christmas and treating myself to some of the seasonal Christmas items like this bubble bar. I just couldn’t resist buying this as it was just too adorable.

It costs £3.25 but like with all the other bubble bars you can get at least two baths out of this and maybe even three.
      You crumble this up under a hot running tap and it turns the bath water a light greeny blue colour and produces loads of pampering bubbles for you to luxuriate in.

I don’t know what I would expect this to smell like but not the smell it actually has. It is a citrus based smell which is gorgeous but not very Christmassy. It is gorgeous just not what I expected it to smell like. The smell is really uplifting and it scents not only my skin but the whole house as this wafts throughout the house filling it with its gorgeous scent.

This is an absolutely adorable bubble bar which is a pleasure to use. It doesn’t irritate my skin or dry it out and leaves it feeling pampered and thanks to the fragrance of it I feel uplifted and relaxed. I really enjoyed using this and even made a special trip back to buy another one since it is a limited one only available at Christmas.

17.12.2014 18:19

Advantages

• "Looks very cute "
      • "Smells gorgeous and uplifting "

Adorable little penguin bubble bar

17.12.2014 18:17

Advantages

• "Works "

Disadvantages

Great for colds and coughs

So its got to the time of year again when my daughter is guaranteed to come home from school with a cold and for the life of me, I couldn't find the Vicks last night so I went off to my local Tesco Express to pick some up, unfortunately, they didn't stock any so I picked this up instead.

The vapour rub comes in a small blue plastic pot which is topped with a green lid and has a lovely distinctive smell to it. The product is like a soft wax and can be used in a number of different ways, when it comes to any of us being congested, I just rub onto my chest and back and instantly I can feel the relief and breathe a easier.

Someone once recommended to me that this can be applied to feet to help combat a chesty cough, I have no idea why but I have tried this recently on my daughter and it seemed to work.

The rub cost me just under £1.50 but I believe I paid a little bit more as I purchased from Tesco Express where items are generally a little more expensive than the main store. Looking online now I can see it is available for £1.25 for a 50g pot and it can be purchased in store and online for home delivery.

I find the product works wonders, just as much as the branded version therefore I would definitely recommend and give this 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

17.12.2014 18:09

Advantages

• "Doesn't irritate"
      • "Loads of bubbles "
      • "Sweet smell"

Disadvantages

• "I would need to be in the mood for something so sweet"

Sweet bubble bar

I don’t shop in Lush anywhere near as much as I used to as the smell of the shop is just so off putting and always makes me feel a bit queasy when I walk past it or dare to venture inside which is a shame as there is so many nice things in the shop.

When I do dare to venture inside one of my favourite things to treat myself to is a bubble bar and there are loads to choose from. I have my tried and tested favourites but I do like to experiment and try new ones too every now and then.

The last time I was there I got one of these as I had never used them before and I was attracted to how it looked though I had seen it before and avoided it as it looked too girly and sickly sweet but I was in a pink mood that day so got it to see.

It cost £2.75 but I use my bubble bars at least twice and sometimes get 3 baths out of them so it isn’t too bad.

With this bubble bar you need to crumble it under hot running water and it then turns the water pink and gives you loads of bubbles.

This smells VERY sweet which isn’t surprising with a name like candy mountain but it isn’t a smell that I would want to use all the time but I did enjoy it when I used it and would buy again if I was in the mood for something this sweet.

It smells of vanilla and something else which I can’t quite put my finger on but it is definitely very reminiscent of sweet shops which is what I think it is aiming for.

It felt nice on my skin and didn’t irritate it and left it feeling soft and smooth and it was an enjoyable soak in the tub and I would definitely think about buying it again if I was in the mood for something sweet.

• Lush Karma Kream / Skin Care / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      17.12.2014 17:47

Advantages

• "Light but hydrating"
      • "Smells gorgeous "

Disadvantages

• "Not as effective on my hands as a proper hand cream"

Gorgeous smelling cream

When I like a fragrance I am the sort of person who wants everything in the range ot go with it so that I can completely envelope myself in the scent.

The Karma Kream is part of the Karma range with a matching perfume and it is probably my favourite thing that Lush do. It is a beautiful orange smell with spiciness and earthiness from patchouli. It is really nice and I think it is also very suitable for both men and women because it isn’t too sweet or fruity thanks to the spiciness and the patchouli.

The Karma Kream is really highly scented with the Karma fragrance which is one of the main reasons that I love it so much because I hate when you buy a matching body lotion and it hardly smells like the perfume.

It is a cream which is packed full of lovely high quality ingredients and this one has things such as orange flower water, organic cocoa butter, almond oil and patchouli oil in it as well as several other ingredients.

The cream isn’t too heavy but it is still very hydrating on my skin and a little goes a long way when applying this. You don’t need loads of it to cover your body and it soaks in quite quickly and doesn’t feel heavy or greasy afterwards. It is recommended that this is used as a hand cream as well as a body cream and it does feel lovely on my hands and leaves them soft but I don’t think it is quite as effective on my hands as a proper hand cream is.

The best thing about this for me is the smell as it smells fantastic and the smell lasts for absolutely ages on my skin making it smell good for the whole day.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown