Newest Review: ... in your pocket. Published by the Vegan Society, this bright yellow (the book pictured is not the current edition), cheap little book co... more
A handy little book for vegans.
Animal Free Shopper
Member Name: lizbsn
Animal Free Shopper
Advantages: Well laid out, has a lot of information
Disadvantages: Not entirely necessary
While not an absolute must for a vegan, this book is very useful. Yes, the information in yet can all be gathered elsewhere, but it really is very useful to have it all in one place, and especially when that one place is a book you can fit in your pocket.
Published by the Vegan Society, this bright yellow (the book pictured is not the current edition), cheap little book contains a surprising amount of information, all very neatly categorised. Everything listed in the book is vegan - no animal products, no animal testing. The categories include food, drink, toiletries & cosmetics and footwear & clothing, among others, and within these categories, everything is very neatly categorised - you can view all the vegan lip balms in one place, or all the vegan shower gels. There is aso a section for each of the major supermarkets, telling you which of their own brand products are vegan.
The book also contains, among other things, a glossary of animal substances (very useful for checking ingredients lists!), and a list of suggested reading.
It is very well organised, and a handy little addition to your shopping bag. I think it would be especially useful to a new vegan who is finding it difficult to know where to start.
Summary: A good little book!
More reviews in the field of Cookbook
- Calling all muffin top lovers, get ready to expand.
- One potato two potato three potato and more.
- Anyone can cook with this.
- Quick easy recipes
- Dieters beware the cookie monster is after you!
- A great cookbook set to be a modern day classic
- Baking Made Easy...ish
- The Little Book Of Herb Tips
- A Tasty Introduction to Slow Cooking
- The Little Book of Chefs' Tips
- QuickCook Vegetarian - Sunil Vijayakar
- Hearty Soups - Maxine Clark
- Everyday Slow Cooker Recipes
- The Creative Vegetarian Cookbook - Jillian Stewart
- Low-Fat Desserts - Sue Kreitzman
- The Great British Book of Baking - Linda Collister
- Big Book of One Pot
- The Slow Cooker Recipe Book - Catherine Atkinson
- The 20 Minute Cookbook - Jenni Fleetwood
- The Dairy Book of Family Cookery