Newest Review: ... library for some easy recipes I could try out, as I am sadly not the greatest in the kitchen so wanted to refine my techniques. It's also... more
Fed up of ready meals?
Easy Comfort Food
Member Name: joey92
Easy Comfort Food
Advantages: Easy & tasty, clear instructions
Disadvantages: Expensive ingredient lists
--What you get--
A easy to use cookbook featuring a wealth of recipes from each type of food.
Ingredient lists and methodical instructions complete with photographs of what the food *should* end up looking like!
--Value for money--
I took this out of the library but would estimate that it would sell for approximately a tenner. Great book, so great way to inspire you to cook - good value in my opinion.
--My personal opinion--
I took this book out whilst browsing the shelves of my local library for some easy recipes I could try out, as I am sadly not the greatest in the kitchen so wanted to refine my techniques. It's also a matter of giving yourself enough time to cook which is lacking in my busy life! However, these matters aside, this book is a handy little tool with some simple and delicious sounding recipes which come out a treat. I didn't have time to try out all of the recipes, but I notably made some rather delicious flourless fudgy brownies which were met with enthusiasm at home and at work!
The food featured is both comforting and creative, so you won't be stuck with the same old recipes and can cook for yourself when you get in, impress your other half or freshen your culinary repertoire for entertaining guests.
The instructions provided are as the title suggests, simple to follow, for the budding cook who is clumsy in the kitchen. I have adapted a few recipes when I haven't had enough of something and they have worked fine.
The only downside to me with this book is for some of the recipes you appear to need a lot of ingredients, so unless you were buying them anyway or already had them in, it can come quite expensive to try new things out. This is something I often find with recipe books, yet I think once you have bought the basic back catalogue of herbs, seasoning and flavours, it will come cheaper and it is worthwhile if they are used frequently to make delicious food.
However, absolutely sick of ready meals, so this book is a welcome change, and has successfully inspired me to get cooking!!
If you, like me, are sick of ready meals and want to prepare your own freshly cooked yummy food, give this a try!
Summary: Get it now to improve your variety of weekly meals!!
More reviews in the field of Cookbook
- The perfect recipe book for slow cooking
- Slowly does it.
- The only baby food book you'll need
- Every Italian recipe you could ever need!
- Take your cake decorating to the next level
- One of the best recipe books ever!
- A comprehensive and well-thought out home cook book
- too sweet, sweet!
- This book weighs too much to encourage browsing!
- The Vegeterian Student Cookbook
- Are You Hungry Tonight? - Brenda Arlene Butler
- 31 Easy Eggplant Recipes - Claire Williams
- 31 Easy Fish Recipes - Claire Williams
- Soup Kitchen - Thomasina Miers
- Canapes - Eric Treuille
- Roast Chicken and Other Stories - Simon Hopkinson
- The Food Doctor Everyday Diet - Ian Marber
- Low GI Cookbook - Louise Blair
- The Incredible Spice Men - Cyrus Todiwala
- The Higgidy Cookbook: 100 Recipes for Pies and More - Camilla Stephens