Newest Review: ... No bake cakes, cakes to do with kids, teabreads! Biscuits, large cakes. My favourite recipe is tray bakes, it is a very simple recipe as al... more
Beautiful easy cakes at home
Fast Cakes - Mary Berry
Member Name: Nursemum
Fast Cakes - Mary Berry
Advantages: Loads of recipes, cheap, easy
Disadvantages: No pictures
I got Mary Berrys fast cakes as a present a few years ago and it is one of the only baking books I use. It has some excellent recipes and has made cake baking so much quicker. The separate chapters include No bake cakes, cakes to do with kids, teabreads! Biscuits, large cakes.
My favourite recipe is tray bakes, it is a very simple recipe as all the ingredients are lying around at home and they are just thrown together, whisked up and put into the oven. The recipe can be altered to change the flavour, either lemon, fruit, chocolate, coffee. The lemon tray bake is a family favourite and is all eaten within a day. It is always so soft and flavoursome.
I love to flick through this book and try out different recipes, I have tried quite a few including shortbread, chelsea buns, cheesecake, rock cakes, apple cake, fruitcake, gingerbread, but I have many more to go as this book contains a lot of tasty recipes.
This is a must have book for all bakers and at £5 it is a very good price for an excellent book. Only downside is that there are no pictures and I love to see pictures of what the cake is supposed to look like.
Summary: A must have for any baker
More reviews in the field of Cookbook
- Are you as quick as Jamie?
- Nigella turns to Italy..
- Chlorophyll biscuits?
- a must have for fans of france and french cuisine
- my favourte book from jamie oliver
- Auntie Delia, old but still useful.
- Not a celebrity chef in sight!
- A favourite in our house!
- A slow cooking book
- So much more than just a cookbook!
- The Little Book Of Herb Tips - William Fortt
- Good Food: More Veggie Dishes - Sharon Brown
- The Little Book Of Pasta Tips - Andrew Langley
- The Little Book Of Chefs' Tips - Richard Maggs
- Jamie's 15-Minute Meals - Jamie Oliver
- Ant Egg Soup: The Adventures of a Food Tourist in Laos - Natacha Du Pont De Bie
- Sizzlers and Barbeques - Tarla Dalal
- Light Pasta Sauces - Anne Sheasby
- Fantastico!: Modern Italian Food - Gino D'Acampo
- Beyond Baked Beans Budget: A Student Cookbook - Fiona Beckett