Newest Review: ... attempted to update some of their more traditional recipes with little touches of his own; often with mixed results! This book features ... more
AUTHENTIC FLAVOUR OF ITALY
Jamie's Italy - Jamie Oliver
Member Name: BadCherry
Jamie's Italy - Jamie Oliver
Advantages: well explained recipes, beautiful,huge pictures, well designed....
...this is Italy - hidden in a colourful book about delicious food ! ! ! I've got mine today as I was going home from work and the lovely book cover caught my eye... I ran out of the store with the book in my bag to catch the bus, seated myself comfortably and opened the book....As I've started going through the pages, I could feel my mouth going all watery,my tummy rumbling....after a few minutes, I've raised my head to look around - the people sitting near me had their eyes stuck onto the beautiful, huge pictures of the dishes :-) :-) :-) haha I thought to myself : "This must be a proper torment for you guys but I'm gonna be cooking myself some real nice food tonight,yay!" I found "my" dish straight away - Aubergine Parmigana! A lovely lasagne-type dish based on layered grilled aubergines with lots of garlic,parmesan and tomato salsa ,sprinkled with lots of mozarella and oregano :-) .........did this make your mouth go watery too? then buy the book - it's an absolute gem! especially if you're into Italian cuisine....OMG,this is a treasure box full of authentic recepies that Jamie's been collecting and putting together into a book with so much love,it is so evident it'll make you smile every time you turn the page! There's something I liked in particular about this book, which is typical for all Jamie's books - a non formal way of writting...it felt as if Jamie was there talking about cooking not really me reading the cooking procedure - awesome! Secondly - I loved the people in the book - their pictures, reflecting the true Italian spirit; simple, passionate, artistic, food-loving, traditional....it's all there when you look at those old wrinkled Sicilian women's faces, the old grannies sharing their life-long knowledge of preparing delicious dishes yet simple,mostly prepared with basic ingredients - you'll find no fancy stuff here, just pure organic richness from the earth and sea.
"This is a cookbook by the people, for the people...from Sicily to Tuscany, it's about the local fishermen, family bakers, and of course the 'mamas' sharing their recipes and the tips that have gone into the cooking for generations"
For Italians, cooking is just as making love - do it with a lot of passion :-)
Summary: "you'll never want to leave Jamie's Italy" :-)
More reviews in the field of Cookbook
- Thank you Mrs Berry I've created a masterpeice
- no rabbit food here
- Italy tastes good
- Simply, lovely recipes for all occassions
- I'm Berry glad I purchased this cookery book
- Not Just For Veggie's
- Those yummy veggies are easier than ever to cook!
- Amazing icecream
- Making The Most Of Your Harvest
- A brilliant slow cooker book
- The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook - Deb Perelman
- The Medicinal Chef: Eat Your Way to Better Health - Dale Pinnock
- The Fabulous Baker Brothers: Glorious British Grub - Tom Herbert
- The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day - Davi ...
- Wahaca - Mexican Food at Home - Thomasina Miers
- Gordon Ramsay's World Kitchen: Recipes from "The F Word" - Gordon Ramsay
- Caribbean Food Made Easy - Levi Roots
- Clarissa's Comfort Food - Clarissa Dickson Wright
- Maw Broon's But An' Ben Cookbook - Maw Broon
- Extremely Pale Rose - Jamie Ivey