Newest Review: ... them into chefs. The TV series that goes with the book follows his first batch of protégées as he kneads them, rolls them and shape... more
Restaurant food from your very own kitchen!
Jamie's Kitchen - Jamie Oliver
Member Name: sparkymarky1973
Jamie's Kitchen - Jamie Oliver
Advantages: If the guys at 15 can do it, so can you!
Disadvantages: Some ingredients may be harder to find!
When Jamie first launched Fifteen, his restaurant staffed by disadvantaged kids who wanted to turn their life around and develop a career, he accompanied it with a warts-and-all documentary that charted his progress (or sometimes lack of it!) and attempted to show just how hard it really is to be successful in catering. This is the book that Jamie released to go along with the T.V series and features a slew of recipes that he used to train his rebellious youngsters into becoming creative geniuses!
As a chef by trade, I tend to find Jamie a little bit annoying and sometimes not as big and clever as he thinks he is but this was a good show, the first of his Documentary-style programmes intended to convey a message as well as showing off his talents, and the book does as good job of accompanying it.
The recipes are very colourfully illustrated and the book looks very nicey-nicey and would not look out of place on your coffee table. The recipes inside are of restaurant quality but made easier to follow for those not classically trained. I like it a lot because it shows what you can do with just a litle enthusiasm and a touch of skill and I personally think this is a very good book for those amateurs wanting to impress at a dinner party; even I have used it on occassion when I wanted to create the oooh factor at a social gathering and I do cooking every blooming day as a living!
It is not perfect and there are a few ingredients that you will not normally stock in your domestic kitchen and might have to go out and find but overall this is a good little book with some very big ideas! And you get to read about some of the people you saw on the T.V show too!
Summary: Jamie brings his own restaurant experience into your home!
More reviews in the field of Cookbook
- Mams know best!
- Everything you needed to know about the Cornish pasty??
- Unusual Salads
- Real family food for families without a budget
- Favourite recipes from the kitchen garden - review
- Interested in bread? You need this book!
- The Engrossing Account Of A Boy Who Loves His Toast
- There's something fishy about this book
- Gas Mark Phroar!
- The colour purple
- Perfect Party Food Made Simple - Bridge Jones
- The Irish Pub Cookbook - Margaret M. Johnson
- True Blood Cookbook - Karen Sommer Shalett
- Healthy and Delicious - Reader's Digest
- The Essential Scratch & Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert - Richard Betts
- The Great British Bake Off: How to Avoid a Soggy Bottom and Other Secrets to Ach ...
- The Incredible Spice Men - Cyrus Todiwala
- A Lighter Way to Bake - Lorraine Pascale
- The Higgidy Cookbook: 100 Recipes for Pies and More - Camilla Stephens
- The Return of the Naked Chef - Jamie Oliver