Newest Review: ... And I thought hey why not go on a diet I enjoy! And actually drinking a small glass of wine with my meal stopped me fancying something swe... more
Fancy a bit of Gino D'Acampo?!?
The Italian Diet - Gino D'Acampo
Member Name: CarolineMB
The Italian Diet - Gino D'Acampo
Advantages: Some lovely new healthy recipes to try
Disadvantages: There aren't pictures against every recipe - big drawback for me
Gino D'Acampo brought this book out in 2010 shortly after his victory in the ITV programme I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here. The idea of this book is that it is a collection of healthy Italian recipes which will enable you to lose weight (The I Diet stands for The Italian Diet).
The book has over 100 recipes for you to try alongside a lot of diet and nutritional advice and facts. At the start of the book there is a section where they cover the basics of what an Italian diet consists of as well as the benefits of following a diet like this. They list a lot of basic essential ingredients and discuss the nutritional advantages of including them in your everyday diet. There is also a weekly diet plan which you can follow which breaks down the meals you will have each day of the week by following all of the recipes included in the book.
There are different sections in the book like breakfasts, pizza/pasta, soups and salads etc and Gino writes a small introduction to each recipe. Against each recipe there is a little diagram showing the exact nutritional details of the dish. The recipes have all been written in a very straightforward manner and are clear to understand. I have found that I've easily followed them and not been struggling to understand certain steps like I am with some cookbooks.
There is one HUGE drawback of this book for me though and that is the absence of pictures. Not every single recipe has a picture against it! I may sound childish wanting a little picture to entice me into making the dish but that is one of the most exciting bits for me, looking at how pretty and tasty the dish looks in the picture! I don't really understand why they wouldn't pictures against all the recipes but maybe there's some reason?!
It's a great book if you want to start cooking some healthier dishes but I would struggle to use just these recipes as I'm not very good at sticking to a healthy diet 100% of the time. I have zero willpower and need naughty foods on a regular basis!
This book is available from Amazon for £8.44 but you would also be able to find it in places like Waterstones.
Summary: A great book for people interested in healthy cooking, good nutritional advice included.
More reviews in the field of Cookbook
- A book that's simply bellissimo!
- Plenty of Puds to help you pile on the pounds.......
- Create delicious meals all year round
- The very best brownie recipe!
- dinner dinner dinner time!
- Make your own Mexican food
- It's a question of timing for hard pressed cooks
- A fun but frivilous cookbook solely about popcorn
- Baby-led weaning: how to repeatedly say the same thing in a slightly different w ...
- The Hairy Bikers' Great Curries - Hairy Bikers
- The Ultimate Nepalese Cookbook - Pemba Lama / Nicci Gurr
- Toastie Heaven - Karen Saunders
- The Top 100 Juices - Sarah Owen
- The Shredded Chef - Michael Matthews
- Ken Hom's Hot Wok: Over 150 One-Pan Wonders - Ken Hom
- Delia's How to Cook Book One - Delia Smith
- Cooking for Friends - Fiona Williams
- Complete Cookery Course: Vol 1-3 in 1v - Delia Smith
- Really Useful Student Cook Book - Silvana Franco