* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
The unit is freestanding and measures approximately 55cm x 56xm x 59cm so it is a little smaller that the standard size base unit so ideal if your kitchen is on the small side (or for a caravan like we have it for). The main part of the oven is a matt silver colour and the hob is glossy black which I think looks really nice and would fit into the décor of most homes.
The front of the cooker is split into two, the top half and the first door opens to reveal the grill and the second the oven. Both doors open downward so you do have to be a little careful when opening the oven as the handle nearly touches the floor.
The grill came with a black grill tray which rests nicely on the wire shelf which has be adjusted to two different heights within the grill which is the reason that the grill only has one heat setting. The oven also has two stainless steel wire shelves which can be adjusted or removed as needed. The two glass doors have a slight black tint to then which is designed to reflect the heat back into the oven, however you can still see through enough to keep an eye on how your food is coming along. Along the top panel of the oven are six dials, one for each of the hobs, one for the oven and the other for the grill. To the left hand side there is a switch which ignites the gas.
Because the oven is separate to the grill, it does mean that the capacity of the oven is a little smaller than I am used to, it serves us for just cooking small things such as pizza, oven chips. The hob is black but has quite a glossy finish to it so it looks nice and stylish. It has four different sized rings, the bigger the ring means the higher the heat output.
I am not the best cook in the world, and to be honest, I haven’t cooked that much in the caravan however I am pleased with the performance of this so far. The oven and the grill both heat up really quickly, a lot quicker than my electric oven at home and it also seems to cook food a lot faster. Although this cooker isnt fan assisted, I have never experienced any problems with heat distribution as the heat seems to circulate around really well. The negative about this is that the knobs are located to the front of the oven and are within easy reach for little ones.
This oven gets 4 out of 5 stars from me.
- Fitter found it very easy with no problems at all
- Probably its best feature: looks very sleek with the stainless steel and tinted glass
- The glass cover on the hob is a very nice feature
- In all, not bad
- BUT, like the other review, the knobs keep breaking off; Stoves send replacements with no questions asked, but I'm worried about what I'll do when the warranty expires. It also means that, until Stoves dispatch replacements (a week or so), one of hob-rings is unusable. Also, the original knobs had a silvery finish, whereas the replacements are matt - it means that, at the moment, I've got a mix which looks a bit of a mess
Ease of use:
- Not bad, but the temperature control on the oven is only in gas-mark; I've only ever used Celsius before so it was a bit of a pain having to convert mentally
- Very quiet operation, lots of slots for trays at different levels
- Perfect - works perfectly well and gives great results
I have had my cooker for 10 months, in which time 11 control knobs have broken so far, Stoves always replace them without question as the cooker is still under warrenty, but what happens when the warranty runs out? I am sure this is a design fault, has anyone else had the same problem, i am certain that i am not alone in this situation and would like to hear from others. Think twice before you buy one of these.
The Stoves 61DFDO Dual Fuel (Electric and Gas) Kitchen Range has a capacity of 2.21 cu / ft / / Short name: Stoves 61DFDO