Newest Review: ... at night. It just depends how lazy I feel really but I generally try and use the tissue rather than a pillow case. These capsules are not... more
Karvol Decongestant Capsules
Member Name: CheekyCharlie08
Karvol Decongestant Capsules
Advantages: Unblocks my nose; Smells wicked; Works good
I'm not a moaner when I'm ill, because I'm female, but the one thing I can't stand is a blocked up nose especially at night when I'm trying to get to sleep and then when I do doze off I jerk myself awake in panic at not being able to breathe right!
Vick makes me heave so when I had a cold last month I brought a box of Karvol capsules because I remember my mum using them on me when I was little.
You get 10 in a box and I paid £2.25 for them in Knights chemist, they might be a bit cheaper in the supermarket though.
The capsules are made of a rubbery material and you have to cut the top of and squeeze the liquid inside onto your pillow or quilt, or in the daytime onto a tissue. One capsule is one treatment so if you're using them continually through the day it would work out expensive.
The Karvol is a mix of pine, menthol and cinnamon but all I can really smell in it is the menthol. It's strong enough that when your nose is blocked up you can still sniff some of the vapours through all the snot! When I go to bed I have a big sniff of where I've sprayed the Karvol then position it close to my face so I'm breathing the vapours in.
I'm still usually stuffy in the morning when I've got a cold but at least my sleep hasn't been disturbed by a madly blocked up nose. I think Karvol deffo aids your sleep and if you use it in the daytime on a tissue a good sniff now and again will help to clear your airways, but remember it's the vapours that do the work not the smell so you might have to put another capsule on half way through the day.
I think these capsules are wicked, one thing though don't try and open the capsules with your teeth because if you get even a drop of Karvol in your mouth you'll be tasting it all day!
The Karvol capsules can be used on babies from 3 months and I've seen my mum squirt it on my little sister's quilt before when she has a cold. It can make her eyes water a bit so watch you don't put it too close to their face.
Summary: Quickly Unblock Your Nose For A Good Nights Sleep
More reviews in the field of Coughs, Colds & Flus
- Ricola's Herbal Lozenges With Elderflower; Deliciously Different.
- Breathe Easy!!
- Soothed my throat... if only briefly.
- Vicks First Defence - it really works
- JUST HANDY FOR A COLD OR MANFLU !!!
- Peach and Raspberry Soothers
- Fruity and mild!
- Headache - first defence?
- Maybe a too simple a linctus?
- For me...you can't beat the soothing of these Lockets!
- Potters Clear Blackcurrant & Glycerine Pastilles
- Beechams Cold & Flu Hot Blackcurrant
- Beechams Cold & Flu Honey & Lemon
- Beechams Cold & Flu Blackcurrant
- Beechams All In One Tablets
- Potters Elixir Of Echinacea
- Potters Decongestant Pastilles
- Potters Pholcodine Cough Pastilles
- Beechams Cold & Flu Hot Lemon
- Potters Lemon Glycerine & Honey Pastilles