Product Type: Vicks Coughs, Colds & Flus
Newest Review: ... creates painful tingling in my nostrils and throat which I thought must be something to do with inflammation and the product coming into co... more
Searing immediate headache, earache and swollen and tearing eye on one side of
Vicks First Defence
Author Name: Christina
Vicks First Defence
Advantages: Surprisingly Effective in preventing a bad cold developing
Disadvantages: On occasion it causes significant searing pain on one side of face which is extremely concerning
I have used first defence nasal spray quite a few times and have found it to be actually very effective in stopping a cold from developing. I was therefore extremely shocked and concerned when after exercising one day, I did one spray up my left nostril and immediately there was this shooting pain that went up the left side of my face, pounding headache on this left side, left earache and my left eye swelled up and started tearing. It took about an hour to calm down. I thought it was because I had just been exercising hard and it shouldn't be used immediately afterwards. Since then I have used the spray with no problems on a few other occasions but this morning the same thing happened, this time I hadn't been exercising. The pain was so immediate and intense I had to take two paracetamols and lie down in agony. I am surprised that there is no comment on this as a side effect on any of the accompanying documents. It is very frustrating as I do find when it works it is very effective but I'm terrified to feel that intense pain again.
Summary: Effective product but worrying side effects
More reviews in the field of Coughs, Colds & Flus
- Fight The Winter Cold!
- Helps me breathe that bit easier
- Cold Sore Be Gone!
- Sooth that throat!
- Let me sip!
- Soothing and cooling, just what I needed!
- Fisherman's Friend - The Sweet For Grown Ups!
- Cough cough splutter.....still!
- Clear nose and a restful sleep with Olbas Oil for Children
- Soothers - So I Can Wish Everyone a Happy New Year
- Potters Clear Blackcurrant & Glycerine Pastilles
- Potters Catarrh Mixture
- Sudafed Day & Night
- Boots Glycerin & Blackcurrant Linctus
- Boots Glycerin Throat Pastilles
- Lockets Cranberry & Blueberry Lozenges
- Potters Catarrh Pastilles
- Potters Chest Mixture
- Beechams Flu Plus Hot Berry Fruits
- Pholcodine Sugar Free Oral Solution