Product Type: Vicks Coughs, Colds & Flus
Newest Review: ... creates painful tingling in my nostrils and throat which I thought must be something to do with inflammation and the product coming into co... more
You won't believe it!
Vicks First Defence
Author Name: Mel
Vicks First Defence
Advantages: Works like magic if used early, works very quickly, easy to use
Disadvantages: Price, dries out throat and leaves unpleasant feeling
My immune system is not the best. If someone in the room has a cold, I can be sure I will get it, too.
So imagine my joy when I woke up one day and my boyfriend said he felt as if he was getting a cold.
Sure enough, a few hours later, I felt that every so sly tiredness creeping up on me and I felt weak etc
I was so happy when I remembered that I had bought this spray!! I used it right away and I kid you not-- about 3-4 sprays into each nostril and about 20 minutes later, I could feel me brighten up again!! Suddenly, I didn't feel weak anymore! Nor tired! I am not sure if this was a placebo effect because it helped so quickly. But you can be sure that I will use this again next time I feel I am getting sick!
Amazing!! I never got sick, only better.
I've used this before when I had already developed full symptoms, and it is true, it helps with that too and as the other person before me said, it clears your nose almost instantly- that is true. But it IS first defense and won't help the same way when you are already sick.
Also true is that it is pretty unpleasant- it'll sort of dry your throat out and sit there for a while, with a very slight but really annoying burning sensation. Not painful at all, just unpleasant- but hey, I'll take that feeling any day if it stops me from developing a cold. And it really, really did. I googled the spray just so I could write a review about it and share this with you :)
Summary: DO try this at home!!
More reviews in the field of Coughs, Colds & Flus
- Olbas Oil - helping you breathe freely
- What Is The Secret Of The 13 Herbs?!
- The stallwart of the symptom relievers.
- Halls Soothers Throat Tablets Reviews
- Cherry Menthol for my chugga choke!
- They should make a drink like this!
- Tesco Blackcurrant cold and flu - 10 sachets
- Lemon honey?
- Simply didn't work!
- Lemsip Max All In One Wild Berry & Hot Orange
- Lemsip Max All in One Liquid
- Lemsip Max All In One Lemon
- Lemsip Max All In One Cold & Flu Capsules
- Lemsip Max All in One Breathe Easy
- Higher Nature Pelargonium Cold Relief
- Asda Childrens Dry Cough Syrup
- Bonjela Gel Adult
- The Co-operative Dry Tickly Cough
- Morrisons Max Strength Cold & Flu Relief