Newest Review: ... to join their ad watching site. Just for watching one ad you get 250 points, then each ad is priced differently. You must watc... more
Ok, but not the best advantage card
Member Name: RubiaKat
Date: 23/01/10, updated on 23/01/10 (97 review reads)
Advantages: Can be used when buying petrol from Sainsburys petrol stations
Disadvantages: Points to cash calculation slightly confusing
The Nectar card is not the worst of advantage cards, but it is definitely not the best either. I think it tries to do too much, as its website shows. It is used in so many places, that you forget when you're in these places that it's available to use. I only use mine in Sainsbury's only because the till worker asks me if I have one! The fact that it can be used in so many places is rather confusing. The points to pounds ratio as well is a bit confusing because whilst I understand you gain 2 points per £1, when converting the points into cash, the calculation gets a bit complicated. Having said that though, I always try to shop at Sainsburys when I can and use Sainsburys petrol stations so I can rack up the points. After a while (approximately 20 big-shop visits and 20 petrol visits) I manged to get £10 taken off my shopping bill, so not bad. What's good about it compared to other cards too is that you get your points instantly, because I have other loyalty cards which only send you your points every couple of months.
Summary: Only get it if you are a regular Sainsburys shopper
More reviews in the field of Credit Card
- You're always in Boots anyway, so why not?!
- Points turn to pounds!
- A great scheme with lots of options to spend you points
- Fab scheme, especially if you take advantage of extra points offers.
- Not a good way to increase your credit score!
- An Excellent Credit Card for Beginners
- Advantage points make freebies!
- Turn your everyday shopping to your advantage..
- Best friend to your purse and best friend to your body!
- NatWest Black Card credit card - find of the decade!