Product Type: Camelbak Bike Accessories
Newest Review: ... cause significant movement meaning the straps regularly fall off the shoulders. Camelbak sell a clip on chest strap which solves this probl... more
Small pack with a small fault
Member Name: scoi
Advantages: As small as they come
Disadvantages: No chest strap
The Camelbak HydroBak is the basic pack from Camelbak which consists of a 1.5l bladder and bag to hold it.
Camelbak are one of the leaders in hydration bladders and the 1.5l unit is faultless. A large opening for filling means that even the worst taps do not result in a lot of wasted water, it also means you can get your hand in for any cleaning. The connections between the bladder hose and valve haven't sprung a leak in 4 years of use even though they are reasonably easy to take apart for proper cleaning. The valve works by biting down to open a small hole and sucking through. A lock is included to prevent any unwanted spillage. One handed operation is simple and the right level of torque is required to prevent accidental unlocking without making it too difficult to use.
The bag also has one small pocket which is enough for small items such as cash, asthma pumps, snack bar etc. Extra storage space can be made by sacrificing some of the water. Great for trips which dont require a great deal of gear to be carried.
The only drawback is the lack of chest strap. This bag is designed for sports such as mountain running, biking, snowboarding etc. All of which cause significant movement meaning the straps regularly fall off the shoulders. Camelbak sell a clip on chest strap which solves this problem but in my opinion it should be included as standard.
For around £30 its good value as the bladder itself costs around £20 and if you partake in activities which don't require any gear to be carried in a bag then it could be the perfect bladder pack for you.
Summary: Will suit the minimalist sportman with a slight addition
More reviews in the field of Bike Accessories
- Too Much Pump, Not Enough Puff!
- As easy as riding a bike
- A great cover up from Argos!
- Wrap this around your handlebars, not yourself around a lampost!
- Halfords Frame Bag for bikes - an ideal way to carry all your kit!
- ~Triiiing Triiiing~
- Keep your bike in good nick
- On your bike, and get a drink while you're at it
- Lighting up my world.
- Sore bottom is history!
- X-Tools Pro Mavic Spoke Wrench
- X-Tools Pro Screwdriver - Flat Head
- X-Tools Pro Rotor Truing Fork
- X-Tools Pro Ratchet Wrench Tool Set
- X-Tools Pro Pedal Tap
- Geltech Bike Saddle Cover
- Tooltime Universal 2 Bicycle Car Cycle Carrier
- Sifcon Bike Lock
- Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 Lock with Kryptoflex Cable Combo
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus