Product Type: Ben & Jerry's Dessert / Yoghurts
Newest Review: ... but basically this is to die for and sooooo much nicer than the calorific ice cream! Price and Where to Purchase I bought x2 500ml tubs ... more
Member Name: tanyatigerlily
Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Low Fat Frozen Yoghurt
Advantages: Low fat, low calories
I am thoroughly enjoying writing reviews on all the Ben & Jerry's flavour as I get to sit in front of my computer with a tub of ice-cream and a spoon (for research purposes only!)
The tub currently in front of me is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Frozen Yoghurt. This is not a flavour that I have tried before and I LOVE it! It is a frozen yoghurt so it has less calories (130 calories per 100ml, with a fat content of 3g, of which saturates are 2g), but it still tastes like proper ice-cream.
Cheery Garcia consists of frozen cherry flavoured yoghurt with bits of cherries and chunks of dark chocolate. Delicious! The cherry yoghurt is not overpowering, in fact the flavour is very subtle and refreshing with the bits of chocolate providing a hint of bitterness.
My biggest problem with Ben & Jerry's is that it freezes solidly and I have to wait for ages for the ice-cream to soften before I can scoop any out into a bowl. Cherry Gracia is also rather solid, but seems to soften slightly quicker than the other flavours.
The packaging is attractive with blue being the main colour of the cardboard tub. The front has cherries and chocolate bits on a pink background. The all-important words "low fat" is on the front of the tub. A list of ingredients, nutritional information and information regarding Ben & Jerry's environmental objectives are on the back of the tub.
A tub of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia costs £3,99 (which makes it one of the more expensive brands available).
Summary: A delicious, refreshing dessert
More reviews in the field of Dessert / Yoghurts
- COMPOTE ANYONE!
- The perfect pot for a tasty treat .
- ITS JUST BASICALLY THAT !!!!
- The perfect custard for my cake.
- If heaven was an ice cream, this comes pretty close!
- Great snack/dessert for the kids for an affordable price
- How can something so cheap taste so nice?
- Whitworth's Semolina
- WeightWatchers Instant Custard
- Kraft Jello Instant Lemon Dessert Pudding and Pie
- Kraft Jello Instant Oreo Cookies and Cream Dessert
- Moirs Vanilla Pudding
- Dannon All Natural Coffee
- Waitrose Elderflower Cheesecake
- Tesco Mmmm... Belgian Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
- Ambrosia Layers Desserts
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Whip Dessert
- Asda Choc Ices - Milk Choc Flavour