Product Type: Fage Dessert / Yoghurts
Newest Review: ... to start or which would be the best, I nearly opted for Activia until I spotted Fage Total 0% fat. The packaging was completely plain... more
Healthy way to kick start your day
Fage Total 0% Greek Yoghurt
Member Name: mpamike5
Fage Total 0% Greek Yoghurt
Date: 02/01/09, updated on 02/01/09 (110 review reads)
Advantages: Delicious, and healthy to boot!
Disadvantages: None whatsoever
Being of Greek origin, Greek yoghurt has been part of my diet since childhood. I'm so pleased that this is now so easily accessible and sold in most supermarkets.
The Total website describes their yogurt as "smooth, rich, creamy. delicious, to be served with fresh fruit, crunchy cereal or simply on its own, Total 2% Greek Yoghurt can help you lead a healthy balanced lifestyle without compromising on taste.
Yes, it's all of these but they missed the best part! This yoghurt is absolutely fantastic with Greek honey. Add loads of honey to a pot, mix it in, just a bit (don't fully blend it) and you have one of those most delicious snacks available.
According to Total it is suitable for vegetarians, diabetics, pregnant women and people on gluten-free diets, not to mention how healthy it is for growing children. It's made using traditional Greek methods from completely natural ingredients, it's 100% natural, and is a good source of protein and calcium. It is pasteurised, live, and contains no artificial additives, sugars, preservatives or thickeners. It is full of proteins, and is produced by fermenting milk with healthy cultures.
I eat this for breakfast most mornings and it helps to quick start my day. I really can recommend this for you and your children will love it with honey (what a great way to get them to eat Honey!).
I lifted this receipe from the Total website. My whole family loves cheesecake so i'm going to treat my wife by making this delicious dessert.
3 reduced fat digestive biscuits
10g low fat spread
150g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt
1 tbsp good quality lemon curd
Thin slice of lemon and lemon zest to decorate
1. Place the digestives in the polythene bag and roll a rolling pin across them, or crush with fingers until they are small, even crumbs
2. Melt the low-fat spread in a pan and add to the biscuits. Mix well until all the biscuits are lightly coated.
3. Place a small metal ring on a serving plate. Pour the biscuit mixture into the metal ring and press it down firmly with fingertips.
4. Open the yoghurt and add the lemon curd and a little lemon zest. Spoon this mixture on top of the biscuit base and chill for at least an hour.
5. Remove the metal ring and add a slice of lemon rind to serve.
Summary: Natural ingrediants, low calories and absolutely delicious
More reviews in the field of Dessert / Yoghurts
- Dr. Oetker Flana Vanilla Taste
- Dr. Oetker Flana Chocolate Taste
- Dr. Oetker Mousse a La Vanille
- Dr. Oetker Mousse Au Chocolat
- Dr. Oetker Original Chocolate
- Knorr Sweety Rice Pudding
- Knorr Sweety Sugared Semolina Pancakes
- Knorr Sweety Sugared Pancake Without Raisins
- Knorr Sweety Quark Dumplings
- Joya Vanilla Soy-Dessert