Product Type: Walls Dessert / Yoghurts
Newest Review: ... lump of chocolate in the middle - personally this is my favourite bit! Range Of Wall's Ice Cream As I mentioned earlier, Feast is produc... more
Feast your eyes on these mini-treats.
Feast Ice Cream
Member Name: Darkstar101
Feast Ice Cream
Advantages: Delicious, good quality product.
Disadvantages: Stick is too short & chocolate core is getting smaller.
Whilst shopping for ice cream at my local Asda store, I noticed they were selling boxes of Wall's Bite Size Feasts. It had been a long time since I last had a Feast and as these were on offer at two boxes for £3, I just had to buy some.
Each box of Bite Size Feasts contains 8 mini Feast ice cream lollies, four mint Feasts which come individually packaged in green wrappers and four chocolate flavour Feasts which are presented in dark blue wrappers.
Each Feast ice cream lolly comprises three main components - the outer chocolate coating, the flavoured ice cream and the inner solid chocolate centre.
The outer chocolate flavour coating tastes smooth and creamy and is encrusted with a generous smattering of crunchy biscuit pieces. It is however, a very thin outer shell which does have a tendency to fracture and fall off quite easily when bitten.
Underneath the outer coating comes the ice cream. The mint ice cream is a vibrant green colour, very smooth and actually tastes minty making a pleasant contrast to the chocolate content. The chocolate ice cream again is very smooth with a definite cocoa-like flavour. I personally prefer the mint ones because the chocolate flavour ice creams tend to be a little too sickly.
The ice cream layer covers a delicious solid chocolate core. Don't be fooled by the illustration on the box which gives the impression that this chocolate slab is quite big, because it isn't. In fact, although delicious, it is very small and in some places barely coats the stick.
I also think these mini Feasts would be much better if the stick was slightly longer because the stubby section sticking out of the bottom of the lolly is very short and difficult to hold. It is fine for small children, but I find that the heat from my hand quickly melts the ice cream from underneath resulting in sticky messy fingers; and my hands are quite small, so how someone with hands like shovels would manage to eat the product in a dignified manner is anybody's guess.
Nutritionally, mini Feasts do not appear too bad, each ice cream contains just 160 calories, which is more than acceptable for something which tastes so good. The only problem is, mini Feasts are not that filling and one is never really enough!
Summary: Very good value for money. Perfect size for children.
More reviews in the field of Dessert / Yoghurts
- Watery boiled rice with lots of sugar!
- Heaven in a Tub
- GREAT FOR A BUDGET BUY
- You'll want more than one bite of Angel Delight!
- Where are the little black specks?
- 'Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream' A treat for the taste buds
- 'Soreen Fruity Malt Loaf'; The perfect snack
- Refresh yourself with a Refreshers ice lolly
- ~ * Tasty Little Treats * ~
- Food of the Gods? Possibly not - but a lovely sweet pudding all the same.
- Dr. Oetker Flana Vanilla Taste
- Efko Apple Puree With Passion Fruit And Orange
- Joya Choco-Soy Dessert
- Dr. Oetker Flana Chocolate Taste
- Dr. Oetker Mousse a La Vanille
- Mr Kipling Bramley Apple & Custard Pies
- Nat Ali Organic Coconut Jelly
- Nat Ali Organic Bergamot Jelly
- Nat Ali Almond Flavoured Organic Blancmange Mix
- Epicerie De Provence Pear And Chestnut Crumble