Product Type: Haagen Dazs Dessert / Yoghurts
Newest Review: ... I can honestly say that it is the best ice-cream I have ever had, and I am sure if I really wanted, I could have just gone through the w... more
Scrumptious naughty treat
Haagen Dazs Pralines & Cream
Member Name: locacity
Haagen Dazs Pralines & Cream
Advantages: Delicious, the pralines and swirls work well with the ice cream
Disadvantages: Pricey if not on offer
Whilst doing the weekly shopping, I was presented with the buy one get one free offer on all Haagen Dazs 500 ml ice-cream tubs. At the normal price of £4.29 for one, I have never been tempted, but I thought I would indulge myself as it worked out at £2.15, which I thought was reasonable for a very good brand of ice cream.
Later the same day I decided to get the tub out for a sweet treat whilst watching a film, and I can honestly say that it is the best ice-cream I have ever had, and I am sure if I really wanted, I could have just gone through the whole tub!
The ice-cream itself is made of vanilla, and it is very sweet and creamy and I am sure could be very nice on its own. What makes this tub even better is the added extras, namely the "Crunchy clusters of pralines and indulgently smooth swirls of toffee" as mentioned in the desription above. The toffee swirls tasted more caramel like, but were very sweet and complemented the vanilla ice cream well, and was nice enough to ensure than I never had a spoonful without ensuring I had some of the toffee/caramel swirl in it. The crunchy praline clusters are also a delight to find, consisting of a praline with a very generous outer shell of something deliciously sweet and sugary. If they provided those on their own, I would definitely go out and buy them, but they provide a great contrast with the smooth and creamy textures of the ice cream and swirls.
Understandably, this contains a lot of fat and calories in a small amount with 15.1g of fat and 242 kcal per 100ml, which would probably be one of the only things that would stop me eating the whole tub in one go! Also, at the RRP of £4.29, it is expensive, and not someting I would realistically get at that price too often.
Overall, I would say it is one of the best ice-cream tubs you can get in the supermarket, and wonderful as an indulgent treat! In fact, writing this has made me want to treat myself...
Summary: Wonderfully tasty ice cream, an indulgent treat for whatever the occasion
More reviews in the field of Dessert / Yoghurts
- Ice ice baby... No really it's mainly Ice.
- Definitely Not For Dieters
- Give it a try.... when it's on offer!
- Yogurts with zing and great nutrition.
- Chocolate heaven brought to us by Thortons
- ~ * Naughty Little Treats * ~
- Oh Fancy That
- Variable taste, but bargains available for pie eyed consumers
- My favourite corner
- ~ * Delicious Deserts * ~
- Asda Chosen By You Lemon Bakewells
- Danone Oykos Greek Style Yoghurt
- Mr Kipling Bramley Apple & Custard Pies
- Nat Ali Almond Flavoured Organic Blancmange Mix
- Epicerie De Provence Pear And Chestnut Crumble
- Tesco No Added Sugar Delight Banana
- Tesco No Added Sugar Delight Vanilla
- Weight Watchers Strawberry & Cream Whip
- Tesco Value Strawberry Whip
- Mr Kipling The Big French Fancy Cake