Product Type: Iceland Dessert / Yoghurts
Newest Review: ... for £1. I have also tried Morrisons own brand which are equally as cheap. I find all screwball ice creams taste the same- I have a theory... more
Screwballs Ice Creams
Member Name: lisajo
Screwballs Ice Creams
Advantages: novelty value of the bubblegum, sweet fix, good price
Disadvantages: not the best ice cream, but okay
After recently reading a review here on dooyoo on this product I really felt the need to 'test' them myself. I love screwballs and had not had one for over a decade.
*What is a Screwball?*
Many people will know of Screwballs from the Ice Cream Van. Vanilla whippy ice cream is served in a plastic cone shaped tub, marbled with fruity sauce, in this case raspberry. The bottom usually contains a marbled sized bubble gum, as in this case. These have a cardboard lid on them which is easily removed.
*What do I think?*
These are not the most amazing flavoured ice cream pots you could ever buy, but it is fairly okay. It is certainly passable for a child and an adult who wants a sweet kick. The raspberry sauce marbled through is sweet and sticky and flavours the vanilla ice cream well. For the some price tag of £1.00 for a box of 6 I think are great value. The bubblegum at the bottom is really awful, bearing in mind it has been in the freezer. I have left one out for a couple of hours at room temperature and it is a little easier to chew but loses its flavour quickly. However, I see this bit as a novelty so it's not important to me what it tastes like.
Each screwball contains 99 calories and 5.0g of fat.
*Would I Buy Them Again*
Yes, I would. They are a nice sweet fix at a great price.
Summary: good value
More reviews in the field of Dessert / Yoghurts
- Feeling Fruity?
- Nice but a bit more like a sweet pudding than a yoghurt
- I'm forever blowing bubbles
- Mooovelous! (ok petty crap lol)
- Cookie Dough- yes it is FANTASTIC
- Great snack/dessert for the kids for an affordable price
- Whitworth's Semolina
- Mr Kipling French Fancies-I don't fancy these much!
- Yummy Yogurt
- Perfect for those (rare!) hot days!
- Muller Mischievious Milk Chocolate Dessert
- Danio Raspberry Yoghurt
- Lactofree Yoghurt
- Mr Kipling Banoffee Slices
- Mr Kipling Mississippi Mud Pies
- Carte D'or Light Vanilla Ice Cream
- Sainsburys Taste The Difference Vanilla Custard
- Sainsbury's Basics Strawberry Flavour Jelly
- Sainsbury's 'Basics' Apple Pies
- Wall's Vienetta