Product Type: Tesco Dessert / Yoghurts
Newest Review: ... of the box so you can see the product. They are still only priced in my local Tesco at £1 for 2 slices bargain. The slices are presented ... more
CREAM CAKES FOR ELEVENSES
Tesco Fresh Cream Slices
Member Name: leeanne160480
Tesco Fresh Cream Slices
This is not the normal Dessert I have, but someone brought these to work with other Cream Cakes, and I thought since I hadn't tried them, then they would be worth a go! After all they did look yummy.
The pack was a pack of 2 and I think these sell around the 90p mark. They are in the chiller section of Tesco, and i've seen these being next to the Chocolate Eclair's that I reviewed the other day.
The box was alright, but it seemed a bit bland and didn't exactly stand out with the beige-y colour and a blue strip running down it. There is a see through part on the box also and you can see the Slices through this.
The Slices are thicker than I expected. these are rectangulat and are slices of Puff pastry and between the 2 slices are a layer ofr Thick Dairy Cream and some Jam mixed in. There is a bit Icing on the top, but not that much. I would have liked the Icing to be a bit thicker. There is a Line pattern down the White Icing with Brown Icing on it.
The taste of these was lovely. They had been sitting out a bit, and this is how I like my Cream treat, as I find the Cream stays kinda hard when just out the fridge, and you don't get the same Cream-y taste that way. The Pastry is slighty flaky, but it doesn't break up that much. Also I ended up with a few globs of Cream on my hand, but I didn't mind, as I don't mind messy Cakes - they are normally the nicest!
A nice enough Dessert. I would buy this again from Tesco, but only on the odd occassion, as I think these could end up quite sickly.
More reviews in the field of Dessert / Yoghurts
- Jelly on a Plate, Wibble Wobble Wibble Wobble Jelly on a Plate!
- You Gotta Screwball Looose?
- A LIGHT SUMMERY DESSERT
- Scrummy bar of ice cold heaven!
- Pralines & Cream Ice Cream?! Sounds promising...
- Its a houmous arms race
- Very mischievous indeed!!
- I BEG YOU TO NEVER TRY THIS AWFUL DISGUSTING FOWL " Ice cream " (It can't even ...
- Fruity Tubes of Fromage Frais?? Frubes of Course
- You're On Your Own
- Lactofree Yoghurt
- Mr Kipling Banoffee Slices
- Mr Kipling Mississippi Mud Pies
- Asda Chosen By You Lemon Bakewells
- Danone Oykos Greek Style Yoghurt
- Barratt Refreshers Ice Lollies
- Vimto Ice Lollies
- Booja Booja Champagne Truffles
- Sainsbury's Apple, Blackberry & Custard Strudel
- Asda Extra Special Toffee and Pecan Roulade