Newest Review: ... of small boats here. it's a lovely place to sit; we sat on a bench here eating our fish and chips (from the chip shop across the road).... more
Barmouth Something For Everyone
Author Name: IB
Advantages: Superb vast beach, Beautiful Scenery, Walks, Old Town, Harbor
Disadvantages: Bit tacky and run down looking near the fair/arcades
It is a shame that some guides and books can not see beyond the image of Barmouth as a tacky seaside resort because apart from a small area in the centre this North Wales resort is surrounded by some of the finest scenery you will see anywhere in Britain. It is also a place full of history with a magnificient 3 mile soft golden sandy beach with masses of room for everyone. The walks around the hills, mountains and estuary are as good as anywhere in the UK - you can get away from it all and see world class views within minutes of leaving the town behind. As for the new town and beach amusements they could just do with a tidy up as they are to a Seaside Resort the income that keeps it going. They do not sprawl any further than the main area around the Train Station anyway and within minutes you can be in the beautiful old town and harbour. A resort with something for everyone in a stunning location - what more could you ask for? The weather I guess? But you can't change that in Britain - you just have to get on with it!
Summary: Beautiful Area. Great Resort. 'Where Snowdonia Meets The Sea'
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- holiday from hell
- Good for shopping, poor on atmosphere
- Teeny Tiny Cornish City
- Bad value for money
- Nice Little Cornish Town
- Wakefield - the Turd of the North!
- Nothing is certain in London but expense.
- Getting the 'Finger' from Northampton!
- There's no place like home
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT- BUT IT'S TRUE
- Tissington (Derbyshire)
- Hartington (Derbyshire)
- Alsop en le Dale (Derbyshire)
- National Lift Tower (Northampton)
- Delapre Abbey (Northampton)
- Villages & Resorts in Somerset (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Nottinghamshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Oxfordshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Rutland (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Shropshire (England)