Newest Review: ... a year, either to go to the pleasure beach for the day or to spend a night at the Big Blue Hotel (which is awesome & which I have re... more
Blackpool, No thanks !!!
Blackpool in General
Author Name: mark s11
Blackpool in General
Advantages: Excellent fish and chips
Disadvantages: Dirty dingy & dated
Just a spent a bank holiday day out in Blackpool I am 51 years old and never been, nor had my wife, so thought it time to go and se what all the fuss was about.
Got there, weather very sunny but breezy, paid a fortune to park, walked down to the "Golden Mile" seafront past loads of shutdown boarded up guest houses, most of those that were open, looked dingy and dirty from the outside (dont they have window cleaners there ?), got to seafront, more of the same ..boarded up shops, pubs etc interspersed with the occasion strip club, the promenade all fenced off (admittedly a lot of work going on, perhaps should have done it during the winter though !), saw all the horse and carriages but all of the drivers looked so miserable, went to the highlight "the tower" again all surrounded by fences, building works but the building itself looked dreary and depressing and would not entice me in !
Took a walk down the North Pier, potentially nice but everything looks in need of a facelift and so dated with all the rusted victorian iron works etc.
The good points, a nice Primark and the one star for the excellent fish and chips !!!
All in all very disappointing and wouldnt go there again, even on a stag do !!
Summary: Dirty,dingy, dated & tacky but excellent fish and chips !
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- John Fowler Holiday Park Killigarth Manor, Cornwall
- The new Pier and Pavillion are great!!
- Stunning, relaxing, a real pleasure to visit.
- John Fowler Waste Site
- Getting Up Close And Personal With Statesmen Of The Past
- Worst experience
- A little piece of Ireland
- beautiful place.
- A good family day out
- Tissington (Derbyshire)
- Hartington (Derbyshire)
- Alsop en le Dale (Derbyshire)
- Villages & Resorts in N. Ireland in general
- Villages & Resorts Offshore in general
- National Lift Tower (Northampton)
- Delapre Abbey (Northampton)
- Villages & Resorts in Ireland in general
- Cities / Towns in Cumbria in general
- Isles / Cities in Western Isles in general