Newest Review: ... street that is host to local craft shops and local food and drinking holes as well as the usual high street names. There are two central ... more
Bodmin does have things to offer
Bodmin in General
Member Name: lynsey78
Bodmin in General
Advantages: Central car parks good attractions
Disadvantages: Bad shopping
Bodmin is the first town you come to on your way into Cornwall, whether staying in Bodmin or near by or mearly passing through it is worth a couple of hours of your time.
The shopping in Bodmin is limited but does have a main street that is host to local craft shops and local food and drinking holes as well as the usual high street names. There are two central car parks that take you right into the middle of the town centre.
At the end of the high street at one end you will find Mount Folly and Bodmin's tourist information office, a good place to start to discover what attractions Bodmin has to offer.
Within the shirehall there is the court room experience and cells which is worth a visit. Up the road from the centre you will find the DCLI military museum which is a very interesting attraction and just accross the road from that you will find the Bodmin and Wenford Steam railway, steam trains that go on a journey closs to Bodmin Parkway. Bodmin and Wenford railway is often host to Thomas the tank engine, fantastic for children. There is also Bodmin Jail which is the actual jail that was once used in Bodmin.
This town has plenty to offer, many of which people would not expect.
Summary: Interesting place to visit
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- Taunton - A great place to live or visit!
- Taunton a good place to visit,
- Northern Ireland - really is worth the euro / pound
- Traditional, Peaceful And Scottish.
- A town on the edge
- ~ * Proud To Be British * ~
- My hometown...
- Not as big as it sounds!
- A picturesque view ...if you get any breaks in weather
- George V described it rather well!
- Fantasy Island Fun Park (Weymouth, Dorset)
- Sandworld International Sand Sculpture Park (Weymouth, Dorset)
- Come into Play (Stone, Staffordshire)
- Wiseman's Bridge Campsite (Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire)
- Ilford Town Centre (Ilford, Essex)
- Framlingham in General
- Dunwick in General
- Southwold in General
- Cromford in General
- St. Austell in General