Newest Review: ... other city centre Chester is crammed full of thriving shops. But its not the contents of the shops that draws the tourists it's the buil... more
chester...a roman town for everyone
Chester in General
Member Name: minniemouse
Chester in General
Date: 23/07/00, updated on 23/07/00 (20 review reads)
Advantages: clean and english
chester is an authentic roman town runnig alongside the river dee...it is for young and old and has much to everyone entertained. the shops are built within this roman walled city, and they are placed in very old buildings, with public walkways running throughtout...there are many small squares and side alleys with antique and modern shops. the cafes and restaurants are in abudance, and the town is a non-vehicle area, but with plenty of nearby carparks, and even an out of town bus. i recommend the grosvenor hotel to eat, as this is a 5 star hotel with a cafe opened to the public, within everyones finance. the river dee is spectacular and clean and has either cuise boats or canoes alon it. nearby is chester zoo and wales, and they are definetly worth a visit...a 30 mins bus ride is the wirral where other villages beckon your arrival
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- Leicester is great
- Sent to Coventry
- Winchester - cathedral, shops, tourists
- Blackpool was very enjoyable for myself,partner and my 2 oldest kids aged 4 and ...
- decent capital city
- Visit the home of Beatrix Potter
- beautiful place.
- Quiet villages of North Northumberland...
- Grasmere - the jewel of Cumbria
- Back in time.
- Tissington (Derbyshire)
- Hartington (Derbyshire)
- Alsop en le Dale (Derbyshire)
- Villages & Resorts in Lancashire in general
- Villages & Resorts in West Yorkshire in general
- Castlebar in general
- National Lift Tower (Northampton)
- Delapre Abbey (Northampton)
- Stockport (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Dorset in general