Newest Review: ... heart of Croyde is famous for its live music and community spirit. We sat in the sunshine; though the pub offers plenty of indoor seatin... more
Croyde - North Devon
Croyde in General
Member Name: alexbadnews83
Croyde in General
Advantages: Pretty much everything
Disadvantages: Need a car
I have just returned from a long weekend in Croyde and the Goldcoast Oceanfest that was being held there.
The past two summers I have visited Newquay with friends to get away, try a bit of surfing and have a few nights out. I had thought it was a great place but croyde but it to shame in my opinion.
The prices for things like surf hire were more competitive than in Newquay which was a pleasant surprise and we enjoyed many hours in the sea on Croyde bay and the scenery was simply stunning.
A friend who I went with is a big climber and he took me out for my first ever attempt at rock climbing at baggy point and while I was petrified I was so glad he did, the views of the bay and Lundy were spectacular and I was rather pleased with myself for completing what was probably a very easy climb. He said it is one of his favourite places to come for climbing ever and he has climbed all over the country and further afield so I think that speaks for itself.
Obviously compared to a place like Newquay, Croyde is much smaller and has only a few pubs, while we were there there was a festival on with live music and surfing, beach sports and other entertainment so we really were treated. The weather was also amazing which does help.
There are plenty of places to camp and we found somewhere even at a busy time like the festival without booking ahead.
There are some lovely cafe's and other little shops in the village and I liked the fact there wasn't too much there, made it seem a much more relaxed place. I would love to live there!
Summary: Amazing Place
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- There's no place like home
- East Finchley
- HG Wells and England's first Mosque
- Oh I do like to be beside (Swanage's) seaside
- Newark on Trent : Try to forget what Jasper Carrott said about it!
- TOWN CENTRE YOU CAN IL(L AF)FORD TO MISS
- ~ * Let's Go To The Beach! * ~
- No Pirates in Penzance!
- See where Peter Rabbit started
- Sandworld International Sand Sculpture Park (Weymouth, Dorset)
- Come into Play (Stone, Staffordshire)
- Wiseman's Bridge Campsite (Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire)
- Ilford Town Centre (Ilford, Essex)
- Villages & Resorts in N. Ireland in general
- Villages & Resorts Offshore in general
- Thorpeness (Suffolk)
- Villages & Resorts in Ireland in general
- Cities / Towns in Cumbria in general
- Isles / Cities in Western Isles in general