Newest Review: ... to give it a go. Big mistake! - Trinity college is just a normal university, not even that big. What is the big deal? - The Guinness ... more
Dublin in General
Member Name: karsandy64
Dublin in General
Date: 30/06/02, updated on 30/06/02 (80 review reads)
Advantages: Friendly, hospitable, beautiful scenery
My husband has lived in Dublin for the past year because of his job, so I have become familiar with this Fair City.
I fell in love with Dublin as soon as I got off the plane....the people are genuinely friendly and hospitable and will go out of there way to help you....and if they ask you to tea never say no as it offends.
If you are young and looking for fun the livley Temple Bar is where you want to be, with a line of amazingly bustling bars you are surely in for a treat....but watch, the price of beer on that side of the river is amazingly dearer than on the other.
Just off the famous O'Connell st is The Arlington Hotel......here you can sample a pint of Guiness, they have an amazing carvery and Irish Dancing regularly ( a truly remarkable Hotel)
If you have come to Dublin to shop...You will not be dissappointed........Take a trip to the south side and you have all the usual shops you would find over here....just off O' Connell st is Henry st....where you can shop to your hearts content and the icing on the shopoholics cake has got to be PENNEYS....Dublin has 2 within a few hundred yards...one is a three storey and the other one just 2.....Packed to the hilt with bargains galore...you could not fail to go wrong in this remarkable store.
The sightseeing is also breathtaking....they have the beautiful Clontarf Castle just a few minutes down the road and also the beautiful Malahide....favoured by the likes of Ronan Keating and Bono.
Wheather you are vising Dublin for a Weekend or a month...this beautiful city will welcome you with open arms.
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- All roads lead to Reading......
- How to Relax on Holiday
- home sour home
- GLESCA, pure dead cultured, by the way
- A Tale of Canterbury
- My kind of heaven
- Nothing is certain in London but expense.
- Getting the 'Finger' from Northampton!
- Cirencester - A beautiful town rich with things to see and do
- Outstanding, Authentic Thai Cuisine in new surroundings
- Tissington (Derbyshire)
- Hartington (Derbyshire)
- Alsop en le Dale (Derbyshire)
- National Lift Tower (Northampton)
- Delapre Abbey (Northampton)
- Birling Gap Beach, (Friston, East Sussex)
- Wardown Park, Luton, Bedfordshire
- Beverley (East Yorkshire)
- Pooley Bridge (Lake District)
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens in Suffolk