Newest Review: ... but I feel that Exeter City Council are trying to modernise the city to much, its known for its history and feel the money could have bee... more
Exeter - Something for Everyone
Exeter in general
Member Name: C_Padd
Exeter in general
Date: 23/08/00, updated on 23/08/00 (68 review reads)
Advantages: Something for everyone
As a local Exeter seams the perfect place to live in, and offers some kind of activity for evey age range and every personality.
If you are young and want a bit of excitement there are clubs on the Quay where you cann party, and awide range of pubs and bars. Also the are the cineama, football club and rugby clubs, as well as the Exeter festival held anually.
For the younger children there are several nice beaches in North Devon (South Devon is nice but North Devon is much better)and local ammusement parks like Crealy Farm (Working farm with play areas) and Woodlannds (Amusement park)
For the people looking to get away from it all then Exeter is nice and quiet and you can just sit by and watch the world go by, or take a leisurly look around the Historic parts, old tudor homes, Roman walls and of course the Catherderal. Exeter was bommbed during the war so some of these beautiful sites were tradgically damaged
All in all Exeter has whatever you want from a town. It is a great place to make a base from to see the surrounding country side, which I counld write much more about. Well worth a visit.
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- Rain? Here? Naaah!
- Beiruit wi’ Rain - Rotherham
- North Glasgow, - wonderful views of the country-side and close to the city too!
- Dublin a must for everyone
- History frees, and history binds.
- The beauty of Herm
- ~ * Let's Go To The Beach! * ~
- No Pirates in Penzance!
- See where Peter Rabbit started
- Sandworld International Sand Sculpture Park (Weymouth, Dorset)
- Come into Play (Stone, Staffordshire)
- Wiseman's Bridge Campsite (Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire)
- Ilford Town Centre (Ilford, Essex)
- Thorpeness (Suffolk)
- Villages & Resorts in Essex (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Hampshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Herefordshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Hertfordshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Gloucestershire (England)