Newest Review: ... contacted hoseasons and cancelled the holiday giving them 6 months notice. I was told I would have to pay £100 cancellation fee unless I co... more
Hoseasons good and bad
Author Name: Louise
Advantages: Brilliant easy to use website
Disadvantages: A lot depends on the property owners, can't always trust the reviews
Just got back from a short break in a hoseasons holiday cottage, in Westfield, East Sussex. On first arrival all looked well but was very disappointed with the smell that developed. The owners spray everywhere with a room deodoriser spray before you arrive but that soon wears off. The source of the smell was the mould that was growing up the walls, windows and even on some furniture. The place was very damp and made us feel ill. The owner did come in to clean after we complained but the smell still lingered. The bed was very lumpy too and it also only had an ensuite, not good when it is meant to sleep 4, although a bucket is provided! Although I have to say we have stayed at some superb places with Hoseasons over the years. It seems to be pot luck when booking with Hoseasons, I don't think they inspect every property and the reviews on their websites aren't accurate as we have just found out.
Summary: Can be really good, can be pretty dire
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- Whitby in general
- Oh we do like to be beside the seaside
- A nice place to explore the Northumberland coast.
- John Fowler - Trelawne Manor Holiday Park
- Bognor Regis - a seaside town that's past its best
- Wakefield - the Turd of the North!
- Nothing is certain in London but expense.
- Getting the 'Finger' from Northampton!
- There's no place like home
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT- BUT IT'S TRUE