Newest Review: ... take 15-20 minutes and will set you back around £20. If you prefer the ferry option, then the Isle of Man Steam Packet company offer gre... more
Isle of Man
Member Name: Blossoms
Isle of Man
Advantages: Coutryside, beaches, small towns.
Disadvantages: perhaps a little too small, can be expensive.
Having lived on the Island all of my life (20 years) and having lived in England for University for two years, I can really see both the ups and downs of the Island.
(1) Very low crime rate - I always feel safe on the Island, in England I constantly was watching my back!
(2) Small community means that everyone helps each other out.
(3) Beautiful unspoiled countryside.
(4) The tourist attractions can fill in a day or two (the Laxey water wheel, Wildlife park, Albert Tower, Horse and electric trams etc)
(5) Beaches everywhere!
(6) WE HAVE CATS WITH NO TAILS!
(7) The TT races.
(8) Cobbled streets and old buildings makes it feel like stepping back in time!
(1) Small community means it easy to make enemies!
(2) There is not a great deal to do... Limited shops and tourist attractions.
(3) Younger people tend to get very bored here, older people love it!
(4) Can work out expensive.
Over all, I would 100% recommend the island for a holiday for an older person, an elderly couple looking for a few days in the coutryside will absolutely love our island.
A younger couple looking for a fun packed holiday - perhaps not so much!
Summary: More recommended to an older couple than younger holiday makers.