Newest Review: ... all over the town, the shop fronts are generally well maintained and decorated. There is also lots to see and do here. There is golf, fi... more
Killarney in general
Member Name: horseygirl2010
Killarney in general
Advantages: great place to visit
Disadvantages: a little expensive as it's a tourist hot spot
There are obviously a lot of tourists around but that adds to the feel of Killarney. The people of the town obviously take great pride it making it look nice for visitors, everywhere is very clean and there are lots of lovely flower beds, hanging baskets etc all over the town, the shop fronts are generally well maintained and decorated. There is also lots to see and do here. There is golf, fishing, horse riding, pony and trap rides and of course the natural rugged beauty to explore! anyone interested in walking or cycling should definetly consider Killarney as a holiday destination. The Killarney National Park is absolutely beautiful and consists of lakes, woods, mountains and parkland. if your lucky you may even see some of the wildlife that live there such as deer, squirrels, fox etc. there are walking trails all over the place and many signposted routes. If you feel like a drive, the main road from killarney to kenmare goes over a beautiful mountainous part of the Park where you can enjoy stunning views for miles.
there are plenty of choices for every budget from upmarket restaurants and beautiful luxury hotels to budget (but good quality) food and accomodation in numerous take aways and hostels in the town. if you go a little further outside town there is also an abundance of friendly Bed & Breakfasts.
Summary: 10/10 for the natural beauty.
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- regular customers!
- A unique atmosphere
- Sussex Beach then and now
- Center Parcs (Sherwood Forest)
- Not always so Sunny Sunderland
- Lots of shops with famous landmarks
- said to be lively family holiday park i must have got the wrong place staying at ...
- Bedford: Very Desirable Place to Live
- If you wanna go back in time to hidehi then go here!
- The beauty of Herm
- Tissington (Derbyshire)
- Hartington (Derbyshire)
- Alsop en le Dale (Derbyshire)
- Villages & Resorts in England in general
- Villages, Lochs, Isles & Resorts in Scotland in general
- Events in Oxfordshire in general
- National Lift Tower (Northampton)
- Delapre Abbey (Northampton)
- Scotland in general
- Villages & Resorts in Wales in general