Newest Review: ... Rock, Metal, 80's... I could go on forever but I won't. For the shopaholics we have 4 shopping centres. Liverpool One, Met Quarter, St J... more
liverpool why bother?
Member Name: simon murphy
Date: 23/08/00, updated on 27/08/00 (97 review reads)
Disadvantages: a place to avoid
Liverpool is without doubt the worst place that I have ever being too. It is famed for its courage against adversity and scouse wit, yet all i have ever seen there is filth, crime and ignorant people. There have been very few exceptions to this amongst the scousers whom I have met. Having been in a relationship with a scouser for 3 years perhaps I was just unlucky in the other scousers that I met. I apologise for any upset this opinion causes but it is what I have observed throughout my meeting various different people from merseyside.
They say scouse wit is endearing, for me it is just another opportunity for scousers to ridicule someone,when you oviously do not find them funny they just get aggressive and can not cope with people who try to engage in thoughtfull conversation.
As for the nightlife, well there are some good clubs like Cream but the majority of bars are so far away from each other that a taxi is a must in between drinks.
The city could be so much more but instead it lets itself down with its dirt and the attitude of the majority of scousers whom I have had the dubious honour of meeting.
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- North Glasgow, - wonderful views of the country-side and close to the city too!
- Dublin a must for everyone
- Exeter - Something for Everyone
- Chester the place to go to study for men
- History frees, and history binds.
- I so adore Appledore
- Somewhere North of the Tower..
- I do like to be beside the seaside!
- Fancy Falmouth?
- Castleton - it really does have a castle
- Fantasy Island Fun Park (Weymouth, Dorset)
- Sandworld International Sand Sculpture Park (Weymouth, Dorset)
- Come into Play (Stone, Staffordshire)
- Tissington (Derbyshire)
- Hartington (Derbyshire)
- Alsop en le Dale (Derbyshire)
- National Lift Tower (Northampton)
- Delapre Abbey (Northampton)
- Alfriston (East Sussex)
- Southwick (Hampshire)