Newest Review: ... when it comes to culture. With the long standing Palace Theatre and the Opera House bringing the biggest and best of the touring pro... more
A Favourite Thing : My life in M'cr
Manchester in General
Member Name: 666disturbed
Manchester in General
Date: 22/07/02, updated on 22/07/02 (171 review reads)
Wrote this for Jill before i get moaned at ! I couldn't find another category where it went, (should be one called "a favorite thing" in my opinion, but M'cr in general will do coz it's where i live and play)! OK Jill, you asked for this !
When I was a teenager, many years ago now, I hated everything. I was more like Kevin, (Harry Enfields TV prog), than those squeaky clean kids on the Oxo advert !
I appreciated nothing, everything was dull & mundane. Even people who were nice to me were often met with scorn. I put all this down to hormones and a broken home and continued to behave like a total arsehole feeling justified.
I got even worse when I started to hang around with a total w*nker when I was doing A-levels at college. I got into drugs and started to associate with very unsavoury people, even my personal hygiene suffered as I lost my self-respect.
Ok that’s the sob story over now !
I would not change the things I have done in my life even if I was given the opportunity, I believe the things you do make you who you are. I like who I am these days, but don’t believe I would be the same person if I didn’t have my past to help me draw conclusions in life.
So, who am I now ? Well, I’m one of the most laid back people I know, I like to chill out with a fat spliff, I enjoy going to the gym in an attempt to get bigger, but the most important thing in my life are my friends.
My mates, following college days, are carefully chosen, they are the best damn people I could ever imagine knowing. In no particular order :
1) Big Dennis – Larger than life body builder, heart of gold if I ever saw one. He would die for any of his mates (although he’d probably kill first).
2) Dave – aka Pegz, brought up in a similar environment to myself, except he’s one of five brothers, reminds me of a cross between myself and Bruce Lee, abs
olute nutter, doin’ well for himself in his own business.
3) Howie – The daddy, we all look to Howie as a father figure he’s been married 30 years (happily), and lives by the motto “If it’s f*ckin’ fun, do it”. Helped me out of more sh*t than I care to imagine !
4) Azza – Don’t know what to say about Azza the poor sad muppet ! Only that he is my bro, despite all his flaws I love the guy to bits !
Ok, I have more friends than this, but these guys are special, they are my life’s blood, they pick me up when I’m down, if it wasn’t for these people I may never have progressed from the sad former years of my life.
Me & the chaps all have a common interest, Jillys Nightclub (Manchester).
Once a week, on a Saturday, we all go out and go wild at Jillys, it’s the best damn club I know, (I’ve done a lot so I should know !), it aint a big place but it has an awesome atmosphere, I know loads of people in the club and love the mix of Mental and rock that’s played in there !
I doesn’t sound like much and I won’t go into all the details of what I get up to when I’m there, aaaaaaaahhhhhhh, single life !
I find the simple things in life are the most rewarding, all you need is a set of friends that you love and trust and somewhere to go out and lose yourself every once in a while ! I love my life it gives me so much when I ask so little of it, it’s my favourite thing !
As me and the chaps would say : Life is peachy !
"Jill Murphy asked me to write about one of my favourite things to help her celebrate her fourth anniversary of cancer-free living and to remind ourselves of all the nice things in the world. It takes more muscles to make a frown than a smile you know. If you'd like to join in, whether you've only just joined dooyoo, or you've been here ages, you're mor
e than welcome. Just write about one of YOUR favourite things, make your title "A Favourite Thing: [your choice]" and include this paragraph at the foot of your opinion. And post before Friday, 9th August."
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- Where olde-worlde charm comes before excitement
- Hayes : My Hometown.
- Lovely London
- La Croix Du Vieux Pont France
- The Weeping Glen
- Fish Town is Golden
- Cirencester - A beautiful town rich with things to see and do
- Outstanding, Authentic Thai Cuisine in new surroundings
- What a wonderful weekend!
- Super place to visit even in winter
- Tissington (Derbyshire)
- Hartington (Derbyshire)
- Alsop en le Dale (Derbyshire)
- Villages & Resorts in South Yorkshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Surrey (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Warwickshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in West Midlands (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Staffordshire (England)