Newest Review: ... to 1930. Now the story probably has two parts, the winding engine and the mine itself, some parts boring and some not depending on how y... more
pendeen - cornwall
Member Name: minniemouse
Date: 24/07/00, updated on 24/07/00 (56 review reads)
Advantages: clean, quiet, and amzingly beautiful
This very preety little village is about 6 miles from St Ives and 8 miles from lands end, and it takes about 20 mins to drive to penzance.....I sayed in a beautiful cottage, in the grounds of a farm...the cottage was very spacious and the views were of the sea and fields - st ives is a traditional fishing village steeped in history, and full of fantastic quant shops and clean and friendly restaurants . The great thing was i did't see trashy tourist shops with flashing lights and loud music....the air and sea was clean and seagulls hovered very low around your head . penzanze is still quite old but newer in areas with the industry around...but still lovley with the locals very friendly. this whole area is great for kids, as there is plenty to do and the beaches are clean and pollution free....take a trip to mallick theatre and watch an evening performance...sit on the slopes of the cliff and have a picnic overlooking the sea or take bike rides along long and winding roads.
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- chester...a roman town for everyone
- A motorsports haven and heaven
- The Dome
- Medieval Chester not in the dark ages
- Center Parcs at Elvden Forest
- Lots of shops with famous landmarks
- Possibly the cutest village in the UK!
- said to be lively family holiday park i must have got the wrong place staying at ...
- Bedford: Very Desirable Place to Live
- If you wanna go back in time to hidehi then go here!