Newest Review: ... and poet Conrad Aiken) a lovely looking bed and breakfast, is about half way up, and just past that is 'The House with Two Front Doors'... more
Rye - a gem
Member Name: swannie
Date: 27/08/00, updated on 27/08/00 (45 review reads)
Disadvantages: Can be expensive
Rye is a lovely small town in East Sussex. It used to be a port but silting up means the sea is now a mile or more away. It is well known for the large number of antique shops and if you like that you can spend a day looking round them - and spend a lot of money if you wish. It also a pleasant town just to wander around with some narrow streets and old buildings. It is worth going up to the higher part of the town for the views. You can also walk by the river and for the energetic you could walk to the coast. Shopping and eating tends to be more towards the specialist and therefore somewhat higher priced end of the market. It can be quite busy in summer but its still worth a visit.
More reviews in the field of Destination National
- Swansea - Worth a visit!
- My Home Town .
- Liverpool Nightlife
- Reading - thriving capital of Silicon valley (** updated **)
- Llandudno-dry skiing, etc
- Wakefield - the Turd of the North!
- Nothing is certain in London but expense.
- Getting the 'Finger' from Northampton!
- There's no place like home
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT- BUT IT'S TRUE
- Tissington (Derbyshire)
- Hartington (Derbyshire)
- Alsop en le Dale (Derbyshire)
- National Lift Tower (Northampton)
- Delapre Abbey (Northampton)
- Villages & Resorts in Somerset (England)
- Villages & Resorts in South Yorkshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Surrey (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Shropshire (England)
- Villages & Resorts in Staffordshire (England)