Product Type: Amethyst digital audio accessories
Newest Review: ... set up is extremely swift, it is very much a plug'n'play affair. Once you've plugged in the pig (hehe), there is a small on/off switch at ... more
That'll Do Pig...
Amethyst iPig iPod Speaker Dock
Member Name: onlyliana
Amethyst iPig iPod Speaker Dock
Advantages: Cool design, excellent sound quality.
Disadvantages: Sound interference, annoying green light.
I absolutely adore my iPhone and have been looking for a decent speaker dock for a while. I spotted the iPig in HMV and almost bought it there and then, purely because it was so cute. My frenzie to purchase this soon subsided when I realised I could probably get it cheaper from Amazon - so that's what I did, for £49.23 including P&P.
The first thing I noticed about the pig is that it is quite weighty so would not be any good for you if you wanted to be able to take the speakers travelling with you or on holiday. I have it on the table next to my bed and find the weight to be a massive advantage as I am frequently reaching over and almost sending it flying in a sleepy, 6am stupor.
I have the pink version but it does come in other colours (Black, White and Red). There is also a panda version available. I personally love the design. It might not be to everybody's taste but I like kitch, quirky items.
I use the dock for my iPhone as I don't like listening to music from my computer. I also like to listen to my music at night and don't really like to keep my computer on for that sole purpose. The iPig comes complete with several different cradles available to suit the various types of iPod out there so is very versatile. It also has a standard auxillary jack so you can connect the speakers to other mobiles, PDA's, computers, etc.
There is also a remote control which is quite handy as there are no controls on the pig itself to skip tracks for instance. There are however touch sensitive ears which I love. These control the volume and are a great little design feature.
To look at the pig you wouldn't think it would have a high quality sound output, you would, in fact, be wrong for thinking this..... I forgive you though. Such gimicky items don't tend to be very high quality but I am very happy with the pig. It has 4 speakers, including a 4" subwoofer located underneath.
I have found the sound to be of very high quality, crystal clear and very powerful. The pig can go up to a suprisingly high volume which is perfect for a party. I also found the sound distribution to be excellent too.
Bass and Treble can also be adjusted to your liking but I very rarely use these controls myself.
~~~Using the pig~~~
I am very happy with my iPig and have beeb recommending that all my friends get one but I do have a few tiny niggly problems with it.
1. The mouth of the pig has a green light on whenever the pig is in use. As I keep this next to my bed at night, I do find the light to be annoying and wish there was an option to turn it off.
2. When I dock my iPhone I have to turn it to Airplane Mode which means I am not able to receive any texts or calls whilst I use it. The reason I have to do this is because you get a lot of sound interference.
Other than those two niggly little bits I am delighted with my purchase.
Summary: Awesome budget speaker dock.
More reviews in the field of Digital Audio Accessory
- Griffin iTrip AutoPilot - FM Transmitter & Auto Charger For iPod With iPod Contr ...
- iPod Socks........Rocks!
- Ipod case worthwhile!
- Itrip makes your Road Trip!
- It's great!
- A Pretty Panasonic That's Professional With Sound Until You Switch Off!
- Small pig, big oink!
- Flimsy lego style iphone 4 case
- The solution for odd ears
- The hunting of the Snark
- Griffin Survivor Case for iPod Touch
- Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
- Marvel Super Hero Kawaii-Style Case for iPod Touch
- PDP Disney Mickey Mouse Case for iPod touch
- Incase Sports Armband Pro for iPod Nano
- Magic Monkey Speaker
- Otterbox Defender Series Case
- Aston Villa FC iPhone 4 Case
- iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 Lego Brick Style Silicone Skin Case
- Otterbox Reflex Series Case