Product Type: Apple digital audio accessories
Newest Review: ... part in friendly competitions with others on the site. I am currently trying a program that will train me to run a 5 km marathon withi... more
Great for people who like to run but the novelty ran out on me!
Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Member Name: col81
Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Advantages: Easy to use, cheap to buy
Disadvantages: Expensive trainers to go with it, battery life supposedly poor
Nike + is a wireless sensor which fits into a pair of Nike + trainers and then sends information about your walking or running efforts to a transmitter which plugs into your iPod or if you have an iPod Touch, the transmitter is built in. You can then use your iPod as a personal coach for walking or running. The price is very reasonable at around £19 but the Nike + trainers can be very expensive, although...you don't need to have a pair, there are pouches available from sites such as Amazon which will fit onto your existing trainers to hold the sensor. These pouches aren't produced by Nike though.
The sensor needs to be calibrated before it can measure the distance you have run or walked, the speed at which you were walking or running, and the calories you have burned along the way. I calibrated mine on a treadmill, and I think it would have been better doing it while running outside as it doesn't give accurate readings, they are always out by about a mile.
I have found this item useful initially to keep track of calories burned and distances run and I like the fact that you can create playlists to workout to and have a favourite track set to come on when you are nearing the end of the workout to spur you on. However, as I am not an avid runner, I have found that the novelty of this item soon wore off and as the sensor and transmitter are small, they regularly get misplaced or lost! (That's more my fault than the product's!)
I have heard from other people that the battery in the sensor does not last for long and replacements are available. I haven't yet had any problem with battery life and the product has been used a good number of times.
I think this product is well priced and great for regular runners, not so good for the likes of me where the novelty wore off very quickly.
Summary: Great if you want to keep track of distances and calories burned.
More reviews in the field of Digital Audio Accessory
- Keep your touch scratch free
- A cheap docking station with good quality sound
- Couldn't run without this little device now!
- Well made stylish cover
- Ipod accessory!
- A Pretty Panasonic That's Professional With Sound Until You Switch Off!
- Small pig, big oink!
- Flimsy lego style iphone 4 case
- The solution for odd ears
- The hunting of the Snark
- Griffin Survivor Case for iPod Touch
- Griffin FlexGrip Action for iPod Touch
- Griffin Exposed Case for iPod Nano
- Griffin Courier Clip for iPod Nano
- Griffin ColourTouch Case for iPod Touch
- Creative Zen X-Fi Armband
- Creative Zen Mozaic Armband and Skin with Clip
- Belkin Sonic Wave Two-Tone Silicone Sleeve (4G)
- Belkin Sonic Wave Silicone Sleeve (4G)
- Belkin Sonic Wave Silicone Sleeve (2G)