I have just bought this after sending my Flip back to Amazon (see other review t find out why).
At first glance, it looks much nicer than the Flip as the screen is much bigger and the whole thing is slimmer and more sleek. It is just as easy to use as the Flip is and you can get recording within 3 minutes of receiving the parcel from the postman!
I'm not going to bore you with all the specifications of the camera as you can get that from dozens of other sites. This review is about why I like this camera.
Two very similar cameras, so below are my observations of both from recent experience;
Why its better than the Flip...
1) Comes with re-chargeable battery (which is fully charged, allowing you to get recording immediately). The battery is charged automatically when it is plugged into you computer via its fip out USB.
2) Bigger screen (2"). This makes a big difference if you ask me. Much nicer to record with and much better to watch back movies. The Flip is only 1.5".
3) Cheaper! I got this for £20 less than the Flip on Amazon. Its currently £26 cheaper!
4) Can record 2 hours worth of movies if you select the normal mode. Select high quality and you only get 1 hour. Flip only offers 1 hour.
Why its NOT better than the Flip...
1) Cannot email clips easily. The Flips internal software is much better (if it works for you) as you can email movie clips easily and its great for the person receiving the email as it opens up a web page that you watch the clips on (no downloading involved).
2) Does not come with TV output cable (Flip does)
3) Does not come with pouch (Flip does)
4) Software not as good. Although it does work better than the Flips (more stable), it has limited functions.
Overall, I am definately glad I opted to get this camera rather than ask Amazon for a direct replacement for the Flip. Picture quality is the same, sound quality is the same. Vado is a better build and has bigger/better screen and is much cheaper.
Hope this helps some people to choose which camcorder to buy. If you are anything like me, you will spend hours upon hours researching them!!
Capture life's entertaining moments on video and share them online with Vado, the slim, lightweight video cam that fits in your pocket. Simple to use, just point Vado and press record for great looking video. Sharing videos online is easy too. Just connect Vado to your computer and built-in software helps you post directly to YouTube or PhotoBucket in a snap.