Product Type: Hitachi digital camcorders
Newest Review: ... full 1080p HD so is crystal clear. It records in AVI format. It can take photos in JPEG format up to 12MP. The photos are in 4:3 aspect ra... more
Hitachi does a great job
Member Name: helen190390
Date: 12/01/12, updated on 12/01/12 (514 review reads)
Advantages: great camera for shooting films and capturing pictures
Disadvantages: no image stabilization for photos
I asked my dad for a camcorder for Christmas as he wanted to get me something I would use and I wanted. At first I was dubious of the smaller camcorders as I wanted something that would be very high quality for filming my daughter as an aspiring photographer/ movie maker. (I have too many hobbies to count!).
THE CAMCORDER :
To keep this Review simple and clean to read, I have written a list
of the camera's specs. (IN MY OWN WORDS)
1. 5mp camcorder with HD.
2. Video and Photo modes.
3. Photo mode can be changed to 12mp quality.
4. LCD Screen flips out and rotates (good for self filming, portraits) 3" wide.
5. Touch screen for controlling settings
6. Very minimal settings and options so easy to navigate.
7. Adapts to your surroundings.
8. In built flash.
9. Rechargeable batteries.
10. Brilliant quality recording and easy to upload to computer.
11. Requires a good quality high rating SD card.
12. Slimline and comes with a case to keep it safe.
13. Can change to filming something close or scenic at the flick of a switch on top
14. Automatically turns on when you open the flip screen.
15. black sleek appearance.
16. 4x Digital zoom
17. HDMI port and cable to plug into TV.
18. Comes with charger and European plug as an extra if going abroad.
19. 1920x1080 Resolution
20. Night recording mode for in and outdoor night events.
21. Easy to use, lightweight and great to control.
22. Instructions are on a CD.
23. Good battery life. Charges from empty to full in around 2-3 hours.
Flip it open, press the red button and your recording.
Underneath the red button is a MODE button which will change the mode to
the photo mode for taking still images. You can change the quality of the camera to take still images to 12mp and also change the settings for the video to be high or lower quality. As it is very minimal in settings, you don't need to mess around trying
out which settings are best for you. The camera does all the work for you!.
I love this camcorder. I am so excited to start using it in the summer when we go on day trips and get to use it in bright conditions. We went to the park yesterday and shot some videos of my daughter Hollie playing football with her Daddy.
When I got home and uploaded them to the laptop, it was very clean and clear.
I am not too sure if I like the Picture quality on the still images yet. It has no image stabilization so when my daughter is running around the house like a mad woman,
I can't seem to get an un-blurred photo.
Secondly, I am so worried about snapping the flip screen off. It looks super sturdy and I doubt I would break it, but I can see myself falling over or dropping it when it is open and it would snap clean off. I must remember to look where I am going when holding it.
Thankyou for taking the time to read my review.
Also on Ciao
Summary: Great compact camcorder with HD
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Digital Camcorder
- Old by todays standards, but a fantastic piece of kit!
- Samsung R10 - A camera to buy for specific reasons.
- A great choice for the budding film director on a budget!
- A solid baby sister of the Sony HDR UX1
- Pretty Decent Camcorder
- Panasonic - not pro perfection, but still a pleasing past time
- A very handy cam!
- Fantastic video camcorder
- A little Bloggie with big ideas. Sony Bloggie Sport HD
- Like a Deer in Headlights