Product Type: Canon digital cameras
Newest Review: ... digital photography through the medium of DSLR cameras. The thing I like about the Canon DSLRs is the fact that many third parties make ad... more
An excellant beginners DSLR to learn photography.
Canon EOS 1000D
Member Name: reza57
Canon EOS 1000D
Advantages: Cheap, light weight, shoots in RAW, wide range of compatible lenses available.
Disadvantages: Not as many customisable manual options as more advanced models.
The perfect entry as a first DSLR camera, performs as well as its highly rated predecessor the 450D, the main differences being the 1000D has 2 less focal points, a smaller screen, but is considerably lighter, with an upgraded internal sensor, with a lower price tag. For anyone wanting a beginners DSLR at a low price, with good functionality and reliability this would be the one to go for. Fully compatible with Canons range of EOS lenses, can shoot RAW images, which allow for much better picture editing. Perfect size and weight to be carried around. At the moment is the one to go for if you want to learn photography and the functions of a DSLR, a camera that would last you at least 5 years. Only snag would be its lack of video and audio recording, but even on upgraded models its a function that needs much more attention and fine tuning until its a user friendly function due to its only static shooting or manual focussing.
Summary: So far the most spot on DSLR for its range.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Digital Camera
- Good quality camera for a good price
- A good semi pro for starters in photography
- Accessory first, camera second.
- Consider it to be a "my first" type of Digital Camera.
- A good buy for the money
- Good pictures and the camera does all the work for you!
- stunning photos out of a not SLR
- Casio Elixim has a great camera, easy to use and lightweight.
- Maybe a bit old now, but still does a good job.
- A great (yet simple) step up from pocket cameras!