Product Type: Canon digital cameras
Newest Review: ... really is fantastic and it selects the mode best for the photo. Night time photos come out great, it works well in low light levels wi... more
Canon IXUS 255 HS
Member Name: Merida
Canon IXUS 255 HS
Advantages: Lightweight, high performance, quality photos
I must confess I love taking taking pictures and in this day and age, everybody uses a smartphone or a tablet to take quality pictures. But you know, some pictures don't really need to be in HD or over photo-shopped, especially those that you plan to treasure for a lifetime.
I for one, hate smart phone photos, especially when you transfer them to your PC and print them out, they just don't give you that professional quality you desire. It's actually sad now that not a lot people carry cameras around, it's all smartphones which quiet frankly is boring.
So I decided to invest in a good quality camera that will give me the pictures of a lifetime. Since I own several cannon products (laser jet printer/photocopier) I trusted that their camera wouldn't disappoint me and what do you know, it exceeded my expectations!
1. It has a 10x zoom feature which is fantastic because you can zoom an image that wide and the image is not distorted or blurry and you capture a much larger area. You can photograph 150 foot radius away from where you are and still get a perfect clean HD picture, which takes me to point number 2..
2. IT's HD QUALITY! Yes the quality you get is phenomenal and each picture is like you added a photoshop feature but really you just snap and the quality is striking more appealing.
3. It's got a rotating lens.. which means it can photograph as wide as 200 foot radius. Most pictures only go as far as 75 foot radius. So if your taking a wedding or family photo, no more squeezing together to get every one in the shot. The camera has an inbuilt bright 3inch screen which is able to condense the photo but not compress it so the photo looks as real as when the shot was taken.
4. It has wifi! Now that's what sold me. I was always so sick and tired of having to remove the memory card, load it to my PC then send it to my friends and family. With this camera, you can connect and instantly share your professional photos!
5. It has a GPS log and a SAT NAV coordinator.. Basically the camera keeps a tab on all of your locations where you're taking the photos so if you forget where you took the photo, it will easily remind you.
6. Brilliant resolution of up 12 megapixels and the videos look like your have film crew and you've done some impressive editing because of it's exceptional image quality and sophisticated design. Most cameras have like a 30 minute video take but this one can take up to four hours.
7. Extremely fast performance. That's right you can take 20 photos in one snap shot. You have the option of switch and shot, which means you can get one photo analysed from several different angles. I also like the feature of auto snapper where you can leave it on a designated place, set it to just take random photos and since it has a rotating lens, it can capture pretty much as many pictures as you would if you were physically snapping the photos.
8. Very strong battery.. it's a chargeable battery that you only charge like once or twice a month depending on how much you use it. I take a lot of photos and videos and I only charge once every month so it's super ideal for camera lovers.
It's quiet expensive. Prices range from £193 -£225 depending upon which retailer you choose. Only buy this if you have a passion for photography.
It's not very friendly with other devices..i.e. it's not compatible with other devices so if you need to print pictures, use a cannon printer for best results. It also doesn't sync with Android devices (Especially blackberry phones) It OK with IOS devices.
If you love taking photos every two seconds to share on your Facebook and twitter, I suggest you stick to your smart phone. I would recommend this if you love taking professional photos or if you are an active Pintrest member who loves to post quality pictures. For those that sell their pictures on iStock photos, this camera will bring you more happy customers. So all in all, it's a fantastic camera and it's best in the hands of someone who will frequently use it!
Summary: Good buy for the avid photographer.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Digital Camera
- Back to Black?
- Nikon takes coolpix
- a serious upgrade over the 5d2
- a different type of camera to canon or nikon, with it's own unique flavour
- the best bargain in photography
- the best canon camera ever made
- worth the extra over a mk3, maybe
- Sony NEX5K- small but wonderful camera!
- Canon 1100D Incredible | I really recommend