* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
I received this camera in the blue shade for a Christmas present (an Amazon search at that time revealed that it cost under £100 which is a brilliant price for a 16MP camera). Here are my views on the pros and cons of it:
- The thing that impressed me the most was its clarified picture quality, that not only was very clear but showed every thing in a brilliant, attractive light, though it was expected of a 16MP camera.
- There are lots of useful settings for this camera, for example fish eye (lomo camera) and poster effect. My favourite in terms of how useful it is, is the discreet mode, which allows you to take the picture with no flash and minimal shutter noise; great for taking photos of unsuspecting subjects.
- It has a very robust structure; it appears to not have any signs of damage through its months of use- no chipping of the paint work as found on my Nikon camera or noticeable scratches on the screen
- Takes good videos and battery life is not bad
- THE SLOWEST SHUTTER SPEED I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED ON WHAT IS MEANT TO BE AN ADVANCED MODERN CAMERA. This seriously let me down- many vital moments of which I had hoped to capture were lost to me because of its shutter speed. This significantly marred the performance of what would otherwise be a fantastic camera
- Camera is a little chunkier than other devices of similar capabilities? Just a minor point that in no way affects its performance
In conclusion, this would be a fantastic buy if the shutter speed. was. not. so. excruciatingly. slow! It takes such brilliant photos that the poor shutter speed which had lost me so many marvelous moments is such a shame. Powershot? Yes, it has power. It just does not have the speed that is so important for taking spur of the moment photos, and for that reason, I would not recommend it and I could only give it 3 stars.
After using my old camera til it was on its very last legs this is the camera I wound up choosing. Aesthetically, it was perfect and still is. Its very durable and can handle all those common knocks and scratches which is exactly what you need for those weekly nights out. The only problem I have found is the slow shutter speed when the flash is in use, yes you need time for the flash to re charge but patience is key when using this setting. The fish eye setting is a fun addition to the camera. I bought this at 150 pound and for the money it is definitely worth it, fairly cheap but a great high tech camera.