Product Type: Hewlett-Packard digital cameras
Newest Review: ... one of the most simple cameras out there! Being only 30mm thick, it is not only small, compact and light (very dainty and lady-like!), but ... more
A light dainty camera
HP Photosmart E337
Member Name: diamond_sparkles
HP Photosmart E337
Advantages: Extremely easy to use!
Disadvantages: Only 5.0 MP and no sound recording
This camera has been my first ever digital camera and even after the numerous, more developed cameras that followed, HP Photosmart E337 undoubtedly remains the best I have ever used. When I consider buying digital cameras, the two most important features I look for are mainly in terms of Mega Pixels and most importantly, ease of access. This camera certainly fitted my expectations and needs.
I was quite relieved at the simple shoot-and-point feature of this camera. In fact, after having used other cameras, I can now say that HP Photosmart E337 is one of the most simple cameras out there! Being only 30mm thick, it is not only small, compact and light (very dainty and lady-like!), but the features are simple and direct. At the back of the camera, some might be slightly dismayed by the small dimension of the LCD screen. However, instead of multiple, confusing knobs and buttons, all you have are the following: Delete key, Flash Key and one last key which permits you to switch from previous images to the "take a picture" mode. There is also the menu button which is very accessible and easy to use due to the four arrow keys and the large OK option. I have been extremely impressed by the ease of access because I tend to get confused with cameras that have too may knobs, buttons or functions. If like me you tend to hate fussy options, then I would certainly recommend this camera to you.
In addition, being simple does not reduce its great features and good image quality. At 5.0 Mega Pixels, I agree that it might not be the highest-quality camera out there, but it is okay for amateur use or to capture memories. Here are some of the specifications found on the manual:
* 5 Megapixel resolution
* 5x digital zoom
* Weight : 0.3 lbs. without battery
* Support: Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64
* Support: Macintosh computer
* Effective Pixels: 5.1 million
* Sensor Photo detectors: 5.2 million
* White Balance Override: 5 Positions and Manual preset
* Built In Flash
* Movie Clips (without sound recording)
* 10 seconds self-timer
As shown in the specifications, the one disadvantage which I had with the camera was the lack of sound recording. In the end, the movie clips which I filmed became something out of a Chaplin movie! But I would still recommend this camera to you if lightweight and ease of access are your main needs.
Thanks for reading!
Summary: A practical and reliable camera!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Digital Camera
- Superb Samsung camera
- Great camera for everyday use
- Will easily glide in a clutch or handbag!
- Hidden Gems In The FZ28
- Cheap and very cheerful!
- ***My first camera, good to start learning with***
- ***Great semi-professional camera, best I've ever had for that kind of money***
- A great all round versatile camera.
- Great amateur camera
- Nikon D3200 + AF S DX VR 18 55 mm + AF S DX VR 55 200 mm
- Olympus PEN E PM1 + M.Zuiko Digital 14 42 mm II + ED 40 150 mm
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II + EF 24 105mm
- Olympus SP 820UZ
- Sony Alpha NEX 5R + 18 55 mm
- Sony a (alpha) DSLR-A350H
- Sony a (alpha) DSLR-A200H
- Fujifilm Finepix S2000HD
- Sony a (alpha) DSLR-A900
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1K