Product Type: Kodak digital cameras
Newest Review: ... price. The picture is sharp and the colours generally vivid and clear. Naturally though, this depends on the setting and amount lighting ... more
Kodak-ceptional!! a must buy for users of all ages, wishing for great photos
Kodak Easyshare V1253
Member Name: updablues20
Kodak Easyshare V1253
Date: 13/02/10, updated on 14/02/10 (44 review reads)
Advantages: 15x zoom, HD video resolution, scene selection, image stabilization
Disadvantages: Loses a slight bit of quality when zoomed in so much, built in memory can only hold a limited amount
The Kodak Easyshare v1253 is a camera that took my interest while walking around in Curry's a while back. Its stylish design and sleek looks is an eye catcher for sure. I decided to view it and for a 12 megapixel, at the time of then was £140 i thought that was a great bargain! so i purchased it.
The camera takes as you'd imagine very high quality photos in great colour as well with 4000 x 3000 resolution, Yes please! i thought. The camera has a lot of different scenes to chose from such as
- portrait, sport, landscape, close up, night portrait, night landscape, snow, flower, museum/manner, self portrait, back light, candle light and sunset to name but a few! so its packed with handy features. I particularly like the image stabilization on this camera, you hold the snap button in softly and the camera recognizes when its still and prompts you with a green box and beep sound which is very useful and aiming to get even the novice camera user able to take professional looking photos.
I'd really recommend buying yourself an SD card for your Kodak though as its 128mb internal memory isn't that great and you are limited to the amount of photos you can take not to mention if u have a video saved it reduces the photo capacity as well. Invest, you can get SD cards cheap enough its definitely worth your while and will let you snap more and get the best out of it and you.
One of the nice features is the optical zoom and digital zoom giving a great combined zoom of 15x, 3x optical, 5x digital. The quality does fade a slight bit when zoomed in so much but still creates an eye pleasing shot.
The video recording on the Easyshare v1253 is exceptional quality in HD resolution so that was a big hit with me hands down! which you can then enjoy on your High Def TV flat screen or any TV for that matter ha ha via the camera to TV connector included in the box. Get the popcorn out this is one for you've been framed ha ha.
The layout on this particular digital camera is quite well done i think once you get the hang of it quite quickly in my opinion. Once you've taking your picture or video clip all you need to do is press the button at the top right hand side of the 3.1 inch screen called 'preview'
and up pops your snaps and videos which are very easily navigated using the little joystick on the right of the camera and pushing down on it to select. Simples!!
The Kodak is smart looking and rather well made. Everything is well structured and you wouldn't expect anything to fall off or feel flimsy, all buttons feel firm and intact, that of which you'd expect of a much dearer digital camera for a really fair price!
Summary: Brilliant camera for the novice or experienced user, couldn't live without it
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Digital Camera
- shop around!
- Sony DSC T900
- The small camera with a big feature list
- Lumix ZX-18
- Sony W100...
- Love the camera, not keen on the customer service...
- A fantastic camera for any grade of user
- Brilliant little camera. Take heed of manufacturer's warnings though!
- Brilliant Camera
- Perfect for someone who doesn't know all that much about photography, but wants ...