* Prices may differ from that shown
I bought the Kodak V570 Dual Lens because I wanted a smaller size camera I could take with me at concerts or some other places where it is difficult to use my bigger digital SLR (Nikon D50) and so far I haven't been disappointed. The size is perfect in pretty much any situation and the quality of the pictures is excellent. Besides the back screen was a decision maker for me because it is quite big for such a camera and that makes it easier to take or view your photographs.
The zoom is brilliant although I always find it difficult to take good pictures in this mode without a tripod for stability.
Also the picture presets such as 'landscape', 'portrait', 'candle light' or 'Fireworks' mean you can't really go wrong with the picture taking.
Also what I really liked about that model is the internal lens. A small silver disc opens and closes and starting up or shutting down the camera.
I've experienced problems with other cameras in the past where I had to send the product to the repair center (twice) because the external lens was out of line with the body of the camera... mostly because it is so easy to bump external lenses accidentally.
With that model, I just can't see that happening and I feel this is pretty safe considering the value of the item.
I'm very happy with that purchase.
- 2.5-inch, high-resolution LCD screen, this is definitely a plus.
- Automatic red-eye reduction, however I've had a few instances where it didn't quite work for me
- On-camera cropping is also available
- Picture blur alert (small green, yellow and red hand indicators) and auto picture rotation.
- Three color mode, normal, sepia and black and white
- The Photo Dock, needs to be connected to the computer to transfer pictures
- Slideshow and different review modes for viewing photographs