* Prices may differ from that shown
I've had this camera since my 18th birthday, and after getting to know it backwards, I'm going to review the good points first:
1. I've taken many fantastic photos with this camera. I particularly like the macro photos I've taken. To be fair, I've also had the help of editing programs.
2. This camera is incredibly easy to use. Besides the functions on the actual camera, it is very simple using rechargeable batteries, although this does feel slightly outdated.
3. I've dropped this camera a few times - unlike digital SLRs and many other cameras, this camera can bear the brunt of a clumsy owner. I've also used it at the beach and in the rain, and it's survived.
4. The display on the camera is great for viewing photos before they get on to your computer.
5. Photos in sunlight or with the flash on seem to come out the best.
Ok, those are the good points off the top of my head. Now comes the bad:
1. Landscape photos are hard to pull off and often end up looking grainy, or worse, patchy.
2. Similarly, photos taken in a darker or no lighting, or at night time, will blur or be patchy, grainy, distorted or all four. This is particularly annoying because many photos taken in the daytime, if not in bright enough lighting, will definitely blur unless a flash is used. This is, in my opinion, the worst thing about this camera.
3. The sky behind objects, buildings or landscapes in my photos generally appears white, which is often inaccurate.
4. It is almost impossible to get a focussed photograph of a moving object, person or animal.
5. Using batteries is outdated and I would much rather prefer a memory card.
Having said all that, I would sum this camera up as:
Good for nightlife, flash photography.
Good for portraits in sunlight.
Bad for pretty much everything else!
Nikon L20 is a cheap digital camera with 10 megapixel camera and 3.6x zoom. Picture quality is pretty good. Price is around Rs. 4299 and if you want to get a digital camera which suits you for regular use you can choose Nikon L20 as your product.Nikon L20 has got a very swift easy auto mode which is very useful for person learning to take quality photographs. It supports a memory card slot of 2gb which is pretty much enough for domestic use. It has got a no. of custom modes which you can use as per situation. Nikon L20 provides you with a pc suite which you can use to transfer your photos to the computer using NIKON TRANSFER. In many ways its better to chose nikon than sony because it is lightweight and easy to carry since you are also provided with a cover. All in all if you want to maximize your budget and also purchaes a good digital camera Nikon L20 serves you right.
The Coolpix L20 is a great camera for beginners just getting started in digital photography. Easy to use and fully featured the Coolpix L20 will delight it's users with great pictures, fun features and a huge 3.0-inch display at a surprisingly affordable price.
|Product Description:||Nikon Coolpix L20 - digital camera|
|Product Type:||Digital camera - compact|
|Memory Card Slot:||SD card|
|Sensor Resolution:||10.0 Megapixel|
|Lens System:||3.6 x zoom lens - 6.7 - 24 mm - f/3.1-6.7|
|Min Focus Distance:||30 cm|
|Digital Zoom:||4 x|
|Camera Flash:||Built-in flash|
|Display:||LCD display - 3"|
|Supported Battery:||2 x AA alkaline battery ( optional )
2 x AA lithium battery ( optional )
2 x AA Oxyride battery ( optional )
2 x AA NiMH rechargeable battery ( optional )
|AV Interfaces:||Composite video/audio|
|Microsoft Certification:||Certified for Windows Vista|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||9.7 cm x 2.9 cm x 6.1 cm|