* Prices may differ from that shown
I own this product and I am quite satisfied with it.
Overall it is an excellent super-zoom camera which performs excellent for its price, it does however have some downsides although the up sides outweigh the downsides therefore I gave this camera a 4/5 stars review.
* Great design and handling: With a deep grip, dial-laden control scheme, and an electronic viewfinder, the P600 looks great. The body is lightweight. The one one thing we can truly say we like as much as the D3300 is that grip, which has a toothy texture that provides plenty of purchase.
* Great video capture capability: Despite relatively ho-hum performance numbers, it's one of a select few cameras that enables high-speed video capture, and it's as well suited to share your content with your computer or HDTV as you could hope. After having tested this feature I truly love it.
* Impressive zoom: This camera truly stands out with its big 60x optical zoom. Although at full zoom I found the images a little soft in depth they were of decent quality and at such high zoom I am not complaining.
* Body of the camera is mostly plastic:=== It will not be as durable as the Nikon D3300 lets say. Which means you have to be careful when handling this camera because a fall may damage it more than some other cameras.
* The dials: Although the dials provide a nice extra to the camera they feel quite chintzy and wobble which is a downside for me.
* The lens:Although the lens also looks of good quality it only allows for zoom control—there are no manual aperture, focal, or focus rings which for the price of this camera should be improved in my opinion.
Overall a satisfactory product for £273
The Coolpix P6000 delivers 13.5 megapixels of sharp resolution to capture the finest details, crop creatively and produce beautiful enlargements. Its advanced image-processing engine optimizes performance and color reproduction. And the quality optics of its 28-112mm wide-angle optical Zoom-Nikkor ED glass lens (35mm format equivalent) supports a focal range from wide angle through medium telephoto that maximizes compositional freedom.
The Coolpix P6000 adopts practical user customization features inspired by Nikon's digital SLR cameras. This includes the Command dial and customizable Fn (Function) button that allow quick switching of settings, a custom shooting menu for quick access to regularly used selections, as well as the efficiency of its tabbed menu interface. And the Mode dial provides quick control over the advanced Programmed Auto, Shutter-priority Auto, Aperture-priority Auto, and Manual exposure modes.